Start by marking “The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows” as Want to Read:
The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows

The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows

Published July 8th 2019 by Avon Books UK

To ask other readers questions about The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows

Berit☀️✨
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jenni Keer has woven together a beautiful story with threads of family, romance, and Magic. When Maisie finds herself loveless and jobless on New Year’s Eve she resolves that she is going to get it together. She also resolves that she is going to unite her fractured family. Soon Maisie finds herself working at an auction house. Job✔ her new boss is an intriguing and interesting man named Theo. Love✔ A heartwarming and uplifting story that will put a smile on your face.

Maisie was a delightful ch
Anne
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
When you read as many romance books as I do, it can be quite difficult to find one that stands out from the crowd – although I enjoy every single one, and have a love for the genre that will never die. But it is always particularly exciting when you find one of the particularly special ones – and this lovely book provides sheer enjoyment from beginning to end, with some really original twists and turns to the story, a touch of magic, and a cast of characters that you can’t fail to fall in love w ...more
Rachel Gilbey
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is only the author's second book, it is so accomplished and I much prefer it to her first one, which I also really enjoyed.

I connected really quickly to Maisie Meadows, and absolutely loved the assorted storylines running through the book, although one of the most obvious things to me, was never spelt out to Maisie until towards the end, so there were plenty of conversations at cross purposes, which are always amusing.

I loved the auction house that Maisie is working at, co
Yesha
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-fiction
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows was a beautiful women’s fiction that revolved around life of Maisie Meadows and mysterious, magical tea set that changed Maisie’s life and perspective. It was about family, friendship, and love; embracing life no matter how unlikely things happened and try to live fullest; social media vs reality, read interaction and connection; quirkiness and imperfection.

Characters-

Maisie was wonderful character.
Hristina
I knew that The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows would be a hit with me from the first paragraph.
Keer's writing reads beautifully, flows really well and feels elegant. The story she tells is engrossing, the characters she offers are interesting. I liked the pacing, I liked the romance the story featured. I found it all to be surprisingly unpredictable. With laugh out loud moments, this book was basically unputdownable, which is why I read it so fast.
Everything about this book is well executed. I
Krystal
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this 3.5 stars but rounded up to 4 because of the ending which I absolutely loved. I did figure out some twists, but one in particular caught me off guard in the best way. That said, it took me longer than usual to read it because it was slow at points in the middle and because the characters - especially the sister, while well done, acted and felt much younger than they were supposed to be. Sometimes things just didn't connect. Still, the beginning and ending of the book were brilliant ( ...more
Jena Henry
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read Author Jenni Keer’s first book, The Hopes and Dreams of Lucy Baker, here’s how I described it. “…a story that evokes a certain adorable mood. This debut novel is part fairy tale, part Wizard of Oz, and completely loveable and engaging.” Once again, the same magic spins its joy in Ms. Keer’s second book, a humorous fiction novel.

When we meet Maisie, she has a boyfriend and a job. By the second chapter in the book, she has no boyfriend, and no job. But, she does have Nigel, who is a…o
Kelly
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see this book pop up as I loved Lucy Baker and Jenni Keer has once again created some superb characters in this book.

Maisie Meadows is a character that needs order in her life and is super organised, as the story progresses you start to see what led to her character traits and how she is constantly trying to remain in control of everything. I absolutely loved Maisie and her complicated family that she is trying in vain to pull back together.

Jenni Keer has a way of you into i
Sheri
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Maisie Meadows (who has one of those names which seem to exist only in romcoms and never in real life, though no doubt there are some around somewhere), driven out of her old job by an ill-advised romance, takes a new job with the delightful Johnny at Gildersleeve’s auction house. There’s obviously romance on the cards (though not with Johnny) and some shenanigans with a mysterious black and white tea set. Via a *lot* of Unfortunate Misunderstandings.

I know Unfortunate Misunderstandings and misc
Alissa
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Note: I received a free advanced readers copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
When 25-year old Maisie finds herself out of a job and out of a boyfriend (her ex-boss) she finds herself a new life as the marketing expert of a small auction house where a team of curious yet wonderful characters work with her. At the same time as she starts this job, Maisie begins a quest to reunite her scattered family and a scattered tea set that has sentimental value to her. Some wordplay puts Ma
Shirley
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. A lovely charming and witty story. An easy to read page turner of a book. There are some absolute laugh out loud moments involving antics in a care home setting. Plus look out for Nigel the hamster, he is a total star.
Jen Chair
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read of Jenni Keer’s but it will not be the last. There is one word for this book and that is charming. I love a book with quirky characters and this is chock full of them. Maisie, the lovely protagonist, is sweet, naive and relentlessly optimistic but not in an annoying way. You find yourself cheering her on through the book in all of her missions. I would have given it 5 stars except I’m not a fan of books that rely on lack of communication as a plot point, which ...more
Christie Barlow
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally absorbing! Loved it!
Sandra
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for providing me with the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Every now and then, after reading a series of sometimes depressing and complex historical fiction novels, I like to dive headfirst into a fun chick lit story. (I categorized ‘Maisie’ as chick lit personally, although perhaps not everyone will share my sentiments.) I haven’t read Jenni Keer’s first novel, but I intend to do so soon in addition to her future releases. Admittedly, I was expecting
Judy Christiana
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Jenni Keer. I read her first book also, and adored it! Her second book is a gem also! She writes stories with characters of various ages taking a leading role in the plot. I love the older population and think they carry a wealth of knowledge from their years on earth.
In this book, Maisie, the youngest child of her family is struggling with life. She recently left her job, her siblings are all over the globe and she comes to realize that she does not have many people
Carrie Padgett
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I spotted this book on NetGalley, the website that makes advance copies of books available to reviewers. The title and the description captured me and even though I was drowning in books to read for contests and reviews, I clicked to request it. My request was granted and I’m so glad. Jenni Keer’s second novel, THE UNLIKELY LIFE OF MAISIE MEADOWS is a charmer.

Maisie Meadows, the youngest in her family, is a bit OCD, a bit in love with her boss, and a bit obsessed with reuniting her far-flung and
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Ahhhhhh........(that's my satisfied noise after finishing this book).

What a wonderful story!  If you are looking for a romance with a hint of something magical then this book is the perfect read for you.  My first thoughts upon finishing the novel as that it's like an adult fairy tale.  The 'magic' aspect isn't strong or overpowering but it adds a little smidgen of unique essence to the story - adding depth and additional narrative to pull the different aspects together.

The narrative has two mai
Adele
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows is such a charming, quirky story about a disjointed family. Maisie is the youngest sibling in the Meadows family of six. The family have had an eventful upbringing and with the myriad of personalities, that often clash, the siblings are all grown up and are living in various locations across the globe. Maisie has fond memories of an idyllic family Christmas and she has a vision of bringing the family back together to try and recreate this picture perfect famil ...more
Mick Arnold
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That '2nd book' syndrome can be a stumbling point for many new authors. This is Not the case here as Jenni Kerr follows up one of my favourite novels of last year, 'The Hopes and Dreams of Lucy Baker', with 'The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows'. If anything, she surpasses that first wonderful book.

Maisie comes from a very dysfunctional family and, without going into any detail (I never give away plot), the author is brave and talented enough to not have everything hunky-dory with said family by
Susanne Baker
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive this book from Netgalley as I really enjoyed Jenni’s first book.
Straight away I was hooked, I really loved the character of Maisie, and was intrigued to see how she fared with her new job in the auction house. Her work colleagues were all fantastic characters too, I thought Johnny was so much fun and I really could imagine him vividly from Jenni’s description.
So many excellent characters, I loved Arthur and I enjoyed seeing his relationship build with Maisie.
Jenni’s
Kavanagh
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before i begin, i'd like to point out that, if your hamster does backflips continuously, your hamster suffers from a neurological issue called "Stargazing".

Thank you so much to Avon Publication and Netgalley for a copy of the ARC.
The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows was an awfully delightful read and i loved it!

Maisie's utterly lovable and i liked her from the very beginning. I liked her colleagues at Gildersleeves (one of them stole my heart, he's unbelievably sweet). Each of them with their v
Sarah Goldthorpe
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very quirky book with a lovely lead character in Maisie who is the centre point of her disjointed family. When her parents divorced years ago it lead to a gradual separation between all the family including her three siblings however Maisie is desperate for her family to reunite. A chance find at her new job at an auction house sends her on a treasure hunt but will it fulfil her dream?

I was initially unsure of this book, the first chapter does it no justice however once Maisie arrives
Kim
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-and-quirky
Oh wow I loved this! Jenni Kerr hits it out of the park again. Loved her first book and this one was just as enjoyable.

Adorable characters, just a touch of magic, cute settings, and a hamster called Nigel. What more could you ask for?

Maisie’s fractured relationship with her actual family and her budding relationship with her new friends and work family made for great reading. To be honest Jenni Keer could write a whole series about the stories of all the characters in this book and I would enjo
Vikkie Wakeham
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A huge thank you to @netgalley @avonbooks and @jennikeer for this sweet and charming read. I absolutely loved it!! I’ve been really frustrated every time someone interrupted my reading. I was rooting for Maisie from the very beginning. I was so happy with the ending. The characters in the book are fab, I loved how realistic the plot was also.
I highly recommend this book! It is fab!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Jeanie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
This is the 2nd book I've read of this author and once again utterly FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT
I laughed loads it's a wonderful light summer read great insight to maisie she is such a warm funny caring character I can highly recommend this wonderful book.
Karen Whittard
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No need to feel worry about not being able to live up to the first book Jenni.

This is a fantastic, feel good, lovely, book that will make you feel good and leave you with a massive smile on your face. Loved it.
May
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by The Unlikely Life of Maisie Meadows by @jennikeer thank you to @netgalley for this copy.
I’ve recently been turned away from books in the genre, the pleasant, cute, British girl. And initially it reminded me of a Jenny Colgan book and I was worried, but persevered. I am so glad I did! This was so much better, and not predictable like I find the genre typically to be. The story was interesting, the characters charming. I loved the teapot aspect, and it taking place a
Janilyn Kocher
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute, breezy fast read. Maisie sets lofty goals for the new year. First, she finds a new job and works on reconnecting her fractured family ties. She treasures the memory of he last family Christmas together. Eventually her older sister sets her straight on what really occurred, which was vastly different. Maisie learns to accept,her family as they are and find her own personal joy. Thanks to NetGalley for the early read.
Shkolnikjx
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this novel! Excellent character development, and totally keeps you wanting to find out what happens next. Highly recommended!
Terri
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jenni Keer’s second novel disguises itself as a light, fun read however, it seems to investigate family relationships - our biological and our chosen families. Maisie Meadows finds herself as the social media and marketing director of an auction house that employs a cast of quirky characters. Throughout the story, the reader can see where miscommunication is causing trouble but just like real life, Maisie has to learn lessons on her own. Thank you to Netgalley for the advanced copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 next »