Start by marking “One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)

One Last Chance

(King Family #4.5)

I have two weeks to convince Jack to give me a second chance. Two weeks working in his bar and sleeping in his bed to prove that I’m sorry. And he can be as cruel as he wants, trying to get me out the door, but I won’t leave him. Not again.

But forgiveness is tricky…and Jack’s may cost me more than I have to give.
Published August 1st 2019 (first published May 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about One Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Chance

Start your review of One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)
Tracy  C
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I listened to this on Read Me Romance and enjoyed it immensely!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Nope...can’t do it even if it’s free....DNF at episode 2.

While I can appreciate that the author switched things up and it’s the heroine who leaves and abandoned the hero her reasons were soooo beyond ridiculous and they made her extremely unlikeable.

H/h were married for a couple years and were making a life on their own...they had dreams and they had plans. After heroines mother dies heroine runs off to Paris to attend culinary school - paid for by her now dead mother. She comes back maybe twice
Resch Reads
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Another week and another meh Read Me Romance podcast, I am starting to wonder why I bother with these when the good reads are far and few in between. But alas, I digress so allow me to introduce you to the most selfish heroine ever, Natalie.

Natalie is selfish, self-centered, narcissistic, egotistical and finicky...I think you get the picture. While it seems the world and her family are plotting against her and Jack's relationship, she is not helping any situation. This was one situation where I
Carol (bookish_notes)
UPDATE - I read the eARC for The Cowboy and Jack WAS IN FACT gay in that edition and apparently the whole paragraph was removed from chapter two when I checked the latest version on KU. *throws up hands* I think this is absurd and I’m definitely not going to finish this novella because I am extremely disappointed in the author.

Original review -

How is it 2019 and authors are still queer baiting their readers?!!

I loved the King Family series. Truly. Molly O’Keefe’s books in the series were my
Gi's Spot Reviews

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!

Kate
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read Me Romance

“I was torn between hope and hurt, afraid of both.”

4.5’s

Annnd another awesome time with a new-to-me author thanks to RMR.

As an in-the-car-driving-to-&-from-work listener, I’ve come to recognise I’m gonna love a book when I’m talking back & verbally reacting to the characters minutes in - something that happened with this book.

Yes, it fits into an existing series (which I’ve obvi not read) but I did not feel lost at all!

Jack and Natalie are second chance romance goodness
Izzie d
This is quite a touching short story.
At the start the reader feels for the Hero but when the POV switches and we see another side it helps to see there was fault on both sides.
The couple are married but living separately and have been for some time.
There is a brief telling at the start of their getting together.
During separation neither are with anyone else.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
No cheating.
Other couples and characters updates from previous books.
HEA.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun way to wrap up the series. Jack featured in every story so him getting his told was awesome. A quick read packets with chemistry, regrets & second chances.
GigiReads
Short, hot read that packed an emotional punch. Grumpy hero, sunshine heroine, marriage in trouble, second chance romance with some steamy sexy times and a delicious emotional payoff. All done within the constraints of a novella format. Molly O'Keefe is woefully underrated, I think. She continually amazes me.
Hmm. 2 stars.. I couldn't get into it for some reason and the heroine wasn't my fave.

I listened to it for free on the Read Me Romance podcast.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.75 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

I enjoyed this story featuring a married couple that is on the edge of divorce. Short, sweet, and sexy peak into what it may take to keep a relationship together.

This specific video review will be included in the May 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

(Review may be edited at a later date)
Carissa
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved that the couple is already married!

Lindsay
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I definitely enjoyed this second-chance romance between Natalie & Jack. I listened to this book through the RMR Podcast, and I will be checking out other books by this author, for sure.
I didn't feel like I was missing anything while listening to this book. Since it's part of a series, I really wasn't sure how I'd feel about listening/reading it before getting into any of the other books.
Jordan
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Kim
One Last Chance was a good, quick and sexy listen. It was my first by this author and I enjoyed it enough to want to read more from her. I liked the hero, but I didn't click with the heroine. I'm not sure if it was the character or the narrator though.
Karen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I dropped off in middle of book, having not cared about characters anymore. Weeks later I thought I'd finish the book to clear it up.....nope, still think they are awkward couple....
Oh well.
Christi Snow
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read Me Romance podcast...A rating...I'm a sucker for a good second chance at love story, and I really liked this one.
Becky
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
....and I just realized that I knew Bea and Cody from The Cowboy ! D'oh! ;)

I was going to say that One Last Chance works just fine as a standalone, because it does. I've only read the 4th book in the series so far, and didn't even realize that I had until *after* I finished listening to this one. (And of course all 3 of the other series books are already on my TBR, so...)

Overall I enjoyed this second chance romance--I mean, it's Molly O'Keefe--though she makes us wait until almost the end to
MJ
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
One Last Chance is a great addition to the King family series. I loved Jack, whom we've met before in The Cowboy, and his second chance at love with his estranged wife, Natalie, was both heartbreaking and hopeful.

Although miscommunication seems to be their forte, both Jack and Natalie truly love the other. They are each their one and onlys, having met at a young age, hoping to be together forever. Circumstances wrt to family and dreams got in the way and I was wondering right along with Natalie
Lauren
One last chance is a story that was featured on the read me romance podcast. This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline enjoyable. I loved that this story had bonus content at the beginning.
Jack and Natalie were once teen sweethearts. After getting married, things went down hill and Natalie left. Ten years later and Natalie is back and she
Christie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I listened to this book on the Read Me Romance Podcast and it's my first ever Molly O'Keefe read.

This book is NOT what I would usually read. I usually avoid second chance romances and emotional books because I like romance for an escape from real life, which is why I didn't rate this higher. Even so, I did actually really enjoy this.

It was refreshing to read about a couple who were previously together and are now on the brink of divorce. This was a pretty emotional book, and while it wasn't as
Christi Fowler
Part of a Series: Yes Book 4.5 in the King Family series
POV: Jack and Natalie
Steam Level: Warm
4/5

I listened to One Last Chance on the Read Me Romance podcast. It was a fun second-chance romance about a married couple on the brink of divorce. While the way Jack acted toward Natalie wasn't cool I feel like Molly O'Keefe set enough of their background to
Pauline
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Natalie and Jack have been each other's one and only. Over the course of many years, the couple have dealt with the hatred of Natalie's father and their life dreams. Now, Natty is back, in Jack's bar, begging for one last chance. Natty's proposition - she will work for free in the kitchen of Jack's bar for two weeks, prove that she is done running and make Jack love her again or she will accept that they will never be together and Natty will sign the divorce papers and walk away. But Jack won't ...more
Georgina Parkin
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019

I enjoyed it but I was also frustrated with both characters while reading. I was mad she came home and acted like it wouldn’t be hard to get him back, and I was mad at both of them for legit not talking to each other the whole time they were apart. There was no mention of either of them trying at all and that just was super sad. Then once I got over her he started being a wank and I was mad all over again. But it had a bit of emotion and still was an enjoyable read.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.75 stars. Quickie review- This was another audiobook read on the Read Me Romance podcast. I really enjoyed this book. It was an angsty, second chance romance set in a small Southern town. I liked the story a lot, but I really didn't like the female narrator's voice. She sounds like a much older woman with an exaggerated Southern accent, like Reba McEntire for example, when the character was in her twenties, I think. Otherwise, though, this was a good listen for me.
Barb
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Solid second chance novella with good writing. The hero was a little too mean to the heroine for my taste and there was a lot of angst, but I did enjoy the writers style. Intriguing side characters helped move the narrative along as well.

I listened to this for free on the Read Me Romance podcast.
Darcie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
These two were so broken from their shared past and watching them struggle with the present was amazing. Natalie and Jack both struggled over both the past and present differently and watching Natalie work so hard to redeem herself and try to fix what had happened to them only to feel she hadn’t succeeded broke my heart only to have Jack be amazing to bring everything back together.
Belinda
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

TeriD
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chance must read!

For a short story, this one packed a nice punch! Jack and Natalie are it for each other, but parents and pride get in the way to push them apart. If you're a second chance lover looking for a quick but lovely read, pick this up. A tissue or two may have been harmed during reading ;-) Enjoy!
Katie Pedersen
I'd say this is one of the better RMR podcast books though I still couldn't bring myself to give it 4 stars. I'm not sure if it was a fault of the book, but I was a bit distracted when listening. I actually liked the storyline quite a bit. I couldn't help but be reminded of Sweet Home Alabama so I guess I didn't think the plot was all that unique, but it was executed nicely and well written.

• The Duke's Twin: A Regency Short Story
  • Find Her
  • The Virgin Roommate (Virgin Marriage, #3)
  • A Kiss to Keep
  • Grading Curves
  • American Squire
  • Balls Out
  • Tempt the Ex (Tempt, #2.5)
  • Smolder (Guardian Protection, #2.5)
  • The Midnight Bride (The Dead Lands, #2)
  • Between Us and Forever
  • The Objection
  • Picture Perfect
  • Plumbing the Virgin
  • Keane: Time of my Life
  • Definitely Kinky
  • The Football Pants Chronicles
  • Something About a Hot Guy
Molly O'Keefe has always known she wanted to be a writer (except when she wanted to be a florist or a chef and the brief period of time when she considered being a cowgirl). And once she got her hands on some romances, she knew exactly what she wanted to write.

She published her first Harlequin romance at age 25 and hasn't looked back. She loves exploring every character's road towards happily ever

King Family (5 books)
  • The Tycoon (King Family, #1)
  • The Bodyguard (King Family, #2)
  • The Bastard (King Family, #3)
  • The Cowboy (King Family, #4)