Start by marking “Back Beat” as Want to Read:
Back Beat

Back Beat

Blair
I had dreams. Big ones. And Dean Carter did everything in his power to help me achieve them.
Until we fell in love and everything fell apart. Now everyone thinks I tried to sleep my way to the top and I can’t say I blame them when the evidence points to exactly that.
However, looks can be deceiving...

Dean
Blair McKenzie is the definition of perfect. She’s crazy talented
Paperback
Published September 13th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Back Beat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back Beat

Start your review of Back Beat
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 🤔🤔⭐️s

A lighthearted romance read with a little angst. It had potential for much further development.
Cat
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a Rockstar Romance whore I was eager to read this book ,if there is a hint of a gorgeous musician in a book I am there in a heart beat.
Back Beat is a very enjoyable unique take on rock romance taking place around a reality T.V singing show.
Dean is a Rockstar and a judge/coach on the show
Blair is a budding singer songwriter competing on the show,the moment Dean hears Blair sing and sees her there is an instant connection and a electrifying attraction.That Dean almost begs Blair to be on his t
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for a Rockstar Romance and this one ticked all the right boxes for me.

I'm ashamed to say this is the first book by this author, and I had heard great things about the author, so I am kicking myself for taking so long to actually read her work. Now? Now I have to go and read everything she has written and I can't wait to see what's ahead!

Blair and Dean's story addictive! The chemistry between the two was kindle meltingly hot, but it wasn't just full of heat. It carried so much more
Ariadna Basulto
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lights, cameras, reality tv, a music competition, a chance of a lifetime, and a forbidden relationship that could end a dream before it starts! Ryleigh Sloan brings her A-game with this story and had me burning through the pages at ferocious pace!

Blair and Dean’s story was electric. Their connection was evident from the very beginning despite it being forbidden; she’s a contestant and he’s a judge/mentor. Their chemistry sizzled and charged their whole atmosphere. It made it impossible for me t
Kathy
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the simplest stories make the best ones. This well written fast paced book about a contestant trying out for her dream on a AGT/Voice like show could have been an eye-rolling cliche'. Happy to report it wasn't, what we have was a sweet, sexy tale with awesome supporting characters added to the mix that I hope to see again in future books. My enjoyment of this book came as a huge surprise to me considering I am not a fan of reality TV, so for any of you that may have a secret fantasy of ...more
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
“This is your time. Go get’em.”

Step into the spotlight. Grab the mic to steady your nerves. Take a deep breath to centre yourself. Now sing your heart out, you’ve only got one shot to impress the judges and this is your chance to show the world that you’ve got what it takes.

They don’t take chances in case it blows the opportunity. This girl is taking a hell of a lot of chances, and she’s nailing it.

Strong, beautiful and very talented Blair McKenzie is the full package and stays true to her kind
Misty
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh has out done herself again! I am fully convinced she can write any genre and knock it out of the park and win all the stars! Back Beat was such an amazing book and one that I'll read again and again. You will feel all the emotions from happy to laughing with tears and then you'll be torn with such sadness too. Don't worry because Ryleigh always puts her characters back together.

Blaire is a strong, beautiful, and very talented girl. She can come off as shy, but she's really not. She has
Owen O'Neill
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I read Ryleigh Sloan’s last book (The Dark Side of Chemistry), I seriously wondered what she was going to match it. I shouldn’t have. The Dark Side of Chemistry is an extraordinary book and remains so, but Back Beat, for me, reaches another level. It’s a very different type of story, showcasing her versatility as author, and simply an incredible one. It deserves all kinds of superlatives (pretty much every one you can think of) but to try to put it in a nutshell, I’d have to say it’s immers ...more
Laid-back Book Bitches
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for a good rockstar romance. I fell in love with Blair and Dean from the very beginning. I am a sucker for signing shows, so this book was a automatic pick up for me. I recommend this book to anyone that loves a good read. Go get this book now!
Cassandra Night
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story full of heat and heart

Beautiful story of two characters, Blair and Dean, meeting in a music contest show. Where their feelings flourish from attraction to undeniable love. These two have incredible melting hot chemistry and same passion for music and singing. It was only matter of time these two very talented people get together. I loved their interactions with one another, and slowly burning attraction turning into a combustive love in a middle of the show. And plot twists and con
Emma Johnston
This story is unforgettable and impossible to put down. I read it in a matter of hours. The author completely emersed me in their world.

A beautifully written story and I'll definitely be reading more by Ryleigh Sloan
Krystal Bowlin
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of reading Ryleigh's books since shortly after her first release. After reading Cliche, I was sucked in waiting for more and boy has she delivered! With each new release, she has shown us a new genre and her talent as an author has grown.

Back Beat is a rockstar romance but not quite the way you'd imagine. Ryleigh stunned me by giving us all the rockstar story elements and some much more. Blair and Dean's story is perfect. The instant connection, the quick friendship, the
Michelle
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh Sloan has hit it out of the park again with Back Beat, you take quite the ride with Dean and Blair, Dean is the superstar coach on a singing competition show and Blair is competing, and on Dean's team. There is also some wowza chemistry happenin' between them, Blair has had a crush on Dean for years, so to be on his team, trying to make her dream of becoming a singer a reality is everything. This book has all the feels, and I loved most of the players in this story, there were a couple t ...more
Pamela Lilley
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not actually a fan of TV shows and don’t really watch much television (fellow bookworms know exactly what I’m saying), but my family seem to be addicts, and one thing they do watch is The Voice (U.K.) so I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this book has a lot of similarities, singers/rockstars/producers mentoring up and coming stars after picking them purely on the sound of their voice. You get my gist. Blair is that up and coming star, coming to America from South Africa to find her ...more
Booklover Mercis Bookish Blog
Backbeat has reached to #2 on my favorite books list.Only behind my favorite book ive loved since i was 11...i read it,i loved it,i became obsessed with it...Dean and Blair are still in my head and shall be no matter how long its been since ive read it,or how many i read in the future.It's one of those that never leaves you.It stays in your heart.With my intense love of music Blair spoke to me.I knew her pain and fears because they are my own.Ryleigh Sloan dives into the heart and soul of an art ...more
EducatedBookFreak
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raleigh Sloan has had my interest since I first started reading her books. She always creates storylines, plots and characters that enthrall you and demand your attention. Obsession is a word I would use with Raleigh Sloan. She knows how to write words that effects every part of you.

The story of Dean and Blair created so many emotions in me. I went from happiness to sadness to laughter in a matter of minutes. Their chemistry is hot and their relationship is so much more than meets the eye. Thei
JoAnna Edger
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this book!
Blair and Dean bring all the feels😍 their chemistry is off the charts instantly but they have some trials and tribulations to go through because Dean Is a judge of the voice show Blair is performing and competing on and it would be completely inappropriate for them to get to know each other right?!

Well you’ll have to read this book to find out what happens. But I will tell you, Ryleigh has NEVER disappointed me!!!

5 stars babe! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Amy
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a standalone rockstar romance and my first by Ryleigh. I've always heard amazing things about this author and needed to see for myself and I was not disappointed. Back Beat was a fun spin, based off a reality T.V. singing competition show. I was hooked on Blair and Dean's story from the first page. Dean is a huge rockstar and judge for the show. Blair is the contestant with a once in a lifetime opportunity. This book contain all the feels. The chemistry and connection they have is off th ...more
Elisha Viney
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this author. Everytime I loose a bit of interest in reading, she does a book. And I read it, and she almost kick starts my reading back up.
Really enjoyed this book and these characters. Totally loved it!!!
Loretta Norsworthy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book I loved it . I was pulled into it from the very beginning ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Her Adventures  In Reading
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! This was my first rockstar romance and I was not disappointed! The writing flowed and character development was wonderful. I was hooked after the first page, what a whirlwind!
Laurie Anne
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was every bit as sweet as book 2 was steamy and hot!
I loved this book and this storyline about Blair & Dean! Erin & Zach were great as the MCs and I can never get enough of their voices.
Blair has dream and a chance to hit it big in the music industry when she nails a spot in a singing competition. Dean saw her and knew she would be a star and becomes her mentor in the show. Sparks fly, they tumble into love and then reality hits them hard!
Will they get their HEA? oh yes, but it didn't
Codielynne O'Connor
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs Blair and Dean in their lives. Blair wants to follow her dreams of being a singer. Deans seems like the the man to make it happen. There’s tears, laughs and everything in between.

I want more... I want to know what’s next for them...
Christina Mages
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely loved this book. Very well written.
Miriam
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The 1st book I've listened to in 2021 that truly captivated me and had me hooked. And now I'm book hungover as hell!
Just finished this beauty of an audio book and it was exactly what I needed. A fresh breeze in my audio book library. So many books have just the usual tropes and you know where the story will go, so this was so refreshing! I love it, dang I couldn't even sleep at night!
Erin Mallon and Zachary Webber are perfect as always and I seriously don't know how to get them and this beautifu
Elle (literary.ya)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh nailed this story!

I had the pleasure of Beta Reading Back Beat.

I devoured this book. I read over half of it in one sitting. It’s unputdownable! Blair & Dean’s story is a little different than usual. He is a superstar, she is trying to become one. One mistake could ruin it all.

Ryleigh did an incredible job portraying the hectic lives of people in show business. Boundaries get crossed. Lives get upturned. But in the end dreams prevail.

This book will make you laugh out loud. Just enough h
Rubi
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh Sloan has done it again. She has written another phenomenal book I couldn’t put down and it only made me want more.
Back Beat is full of humor and inspiration that will leave you with your heart full. Teaching you to never give up on your dreams and that you don’t need to lose yourself in order to obtain them.
Love this and highly recommend. Can’t wait for Kade’s story or Keller’s.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Ryleigh Sloan I absolutely love this book, I just finished reading two rockstar books that were so predictable from page 1 🙄 no story behind them, but this was a really great worldbuilding story packed with all the feels.

This book gives you a young family orientated girl's dream of being a musician and a rockstar that has just been the typical rockstar, but he's also the coach that holds all her dreams in his hands - he also had the power to take them away.

Now I'm really hoping some of the othe
Johanna
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
This author is new to me and I gave this a shot due to the narrators and a recommendation from a friend. I’m soooo glad I listened!! The story flowed really well!! I loved the nods to the show The Voice but the different twists on the show to give it a fresh feel. The main characters were fun and believable also. Riley was sweet and down to earth and so freaking adorable in her naïveté yet she has just enough backbone to do what she needed also. Dean is a rock god in this book but never once act ...more
Heather Navarre
Amazing music book

I loved this book. I loved the uniqueness of it with a music reality show.

What can I say about Blair and Dean? One was trying to make it big the other already had.

I loved the forbidden aspect of this book and the selfless acts characters kept doing.

There are also some really cool unique descriptive locations in this book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bromantic Comedies: Six Short Audio Plays for Fellas
  • How to Get Lucky
  • This Much is True
  • Detour
  • Hard to Hold (Play Hard #2)
  • Instant Heat (Breathing Hearts #1)
  • A Very Friendly Valentine's Day
  • Branched: A Comedy with Consequences
  • Roped Tight (Ryker Ranch #4)
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Twisted Fate (Dark Heart Duet, #2)
  • Dark Heart (Dark Heart Duet, #1)
  • Skin Hungry: An Audio Play
  • Hard to Score (Play Hard, #3)
  • The Lucky One (The Carolina Connections #3)
  • Let it Show (Juniper Ridge, #2)
  • Tempted
  • The Game (The Carolina Connections #4)
Ryleigh Sloan is a romance author with a masters degree in being an indecisive control freak. Her favorite pastime is driving her friends crazy by writing multiple books at once.

Following the advice of established authors to read, read, read in order to hone one’s craft she does just that and engrosses herself in as many romance novels as she can get her hands on. Her bad habit of writing more th