Start by marking “Back Beat” as Want to Read:
Back Beat

Back Beat

Blair
I had dreams. Big ones. And Dean Carter did everything in his power to help me achieve them.
Until we fell in love and everything fell apart. Now everyone thinks I tried to sleep my way to the top and I can’t say I blame them when the evidence points to exactly that.
However, looks can be deceiving...

Dean
Blair McKenzie is the definition of perfect. She’s crazy talented

To ask other readers questions about Back Beat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back Beat

Cat
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a Rockstar Romance whore I was eager to read this book ,if there is a hint of a gorgeous musician in a book I am there in a heart beat.
Back Beat is a very enjoyable unique take on rock romance taking place around a reality T.V singing show.
Dean is a Rockstar and a judge/coach on the show
Blair is a budding singer songwriter competing on the show,the moment Dean hears Blair sing and sees her there is an instant connection and a electrifying attraction.That Dean almost begs Blair to be on his t
Ryleigh Sloan
Jun 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
description
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for a Rockstar Romance and this one ticked all the right boxes for me.

I'm ashamed to say this is the first book by this author, and I had heard great things about the author, so I am kicking myself for taking so long to actually read her work. Now? Now I have to go and read everything she has written and I can't wait to see what's ahead!

Blair and Dean's story addictive! The chemistry between the two was kindle meltingly hot, but it wasn't just full of heat. It carried so much more
Owen O'Neill
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I read Ryleigh Sloan’s last book (The Dark Side of Chemistry), I seriously wondered what she was going to match it. I shouldn’t have. The Dark Side of Chemistry is an extraordinary book and remains so, but Back Beat, for me, reaches another level. It’s a very different type of story, showcasing her versatility as author, and simply an incredible one. It deserves all kinds of superlatives (pretty much every one you can think of) but to try to put it in a nutshell, I’d have to say it’s immers ...more
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“This is your time. Go get’em.”

Step into the spotlight. Grab the mic to steady your nerves. Take a deep breath to centre yourself. Now sing your heart out, you’ve only got one shot to impress the judges and this is your chance to show the world that you’ve got what it takes.

They don’t take chances in case it blows the opportunity. This girl is taking a hell of a lot of chances, and she’s nailing it.

Strong, beautiful and very talented Blair McKenzie is the full package and stays true to her kind
Misty
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh has out done herself again! I am fully convinced she can write any genre and knock it out of the park and win all the stars! Back Beat was such an amazing book and one that I'll read again and again. You will feel all the emotions from happy to laughing with tears and then you'll be torn with such sadness too. Don't worry because Ryleigh always puts her characters back together.

Blaire is a strong, beautiful, and very talented girl. She can come off as shy, but she's really not. She has
Michelle
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh Sloan has hit it out of the park again with Back Beat, you take quite the ride with Dean and Blair, Dean is the superstar coach on a singing competition show and Blair is competing, and on Dean's team. There is also some wowza chemistry happenin' between them, Blair has had a crush on Dean for years, so to be on his team, trying to make her dream of becoming a singer a reality is everything. This book has all the feels, and I loved most of the players in this story, there were a couple t ...more
Merci Velez
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Backbeat has reached to #2 on my favorite books list.Only behind my favorite book ive loved since i was 11...i read it,i loved it,i became obsessed with it...Dean and Blair are still in my head and shall be no matter how long its been since ive read it,or how many i read in the future.It's one of those that never leaves you.It stays in your heart.With my intense love of music Blair spoke to me.I knew her pain and fears because they are my own.Ryleigh Sloan dives into the heart and soul of an art ...more
JoAnna Edger
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this book!
Blair and Dean bring all the feels😍 their chemistry is off the charts instantly but they have some trials and tribulations to go through because Dean Is a judge of the voice show Blair is performing and competing on and it would be completely inappropriate for them to get to know each other right?!

Well you’ll have to read this book to find out what happens. But I will tell you, Ryleigh has NEVER disappointed me!!!

5 stars babe! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loretta Norsworthy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book I loved it . I was pulled into it from the very beginning ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Elle Spaulding
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh nailed this story!

I had the pleasure of Beta Reading Back Beat.

I devoured this book. I read over half of it in one sitting. It’s unputdownable! Blair & Dean’s story is a little different than usual. He is a superstar, she is trying to become one. One mistake could ruin it all.

Ryleigh did an incredible job portraying the hectic lives of people in show business. Boundaries get crossed. Lives get upturned. But in the end dreams prevail.

This book will make you laugh out loud. Just enou
Rubi
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryleigh Sloan has done it again. She has written another phenomenal book I couldn’t put down and it only made me want more.
Back Beat is full of humor and inspiration that will leave you with your heart full. Teaching you to never give up on your dreams and that you don’t need to lose yourself in order to obtain them.
Love this and highly recommend. Can’t wait for Kade’s story or Keller’s.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
Full disclosure: I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't even know what it is about this book, but I stayed up waaay too late reading it. It was engaging, entertaining, and enthralling. Maybe because I completely saw the Voice as an influence to this book and it is the only one of those reality TV singing shows I actually liked.

What I liked: The Competition and the idea of a romance between the rock star coach and the contestant. I liked the characters. The s
Serena Worker
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The minute Dean hears her singing he hits his button; she’s taking chances and nailing it on everything. Hearing her voice, he knows he’s toast, jealous that the smile she gave wasn’t just for him. Blair is going to win the competition he knows it, but the minute he tells her to pick him, he knows it would be best for her not to, they would be amazing together, but he’s not thinking professionally.
Blaire can’t believe three judges turned or Dean Carter hit the button for her. Maddie her friend
Garden Of REden
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Amy's Review

While this book had good bones, that was all it really had. A lot of the scenes would start off strong then fade away before anything really happened. I didn't feel like we really got to know either of the main characters beyond a surface level. Everything was just kind of glossed over.

One of the main focal points of the storyline was the competitive nature of one of the other contestants, but it was hard for me to understand her animosity towards our heroine when very little of the
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 2 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Back Beat is a standalone romance written by author Ryleigh Sloan. It tells the story of Dean, a famous musician, and Blair, a woman trying for a spot on a musical talent show. Dean happens to be one of the judges, and Blair has had a crush on him since she was young. Dean is a known playboy, and he has a habit of hooking up with a lot of women.  That changes when he first hears Blair sing.  But can she trust him?

Th
Candace Meloche
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My music loving heart devoured this gem in a couple of hours! It’s sweet,funny, heartfelt and steamy! Blair is the girl we all want to be, and Dean is the sexy superstar we all want to be with! I was lost in their story, and lived through them feeling all their emotions. This was absolutely brilliant 💙
Angela Royster
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blair takes a chance to audition for a singing contest winning a spot with her dream coach Dean. There are moments that make you laugh, swoon and wanna yell at the book all the way to the end with the happily ever after. I enjoyed reading this ARC and volunteered to review it.
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 *
Ah this book! It will give u all the feels. Some sexy hawt scenes. Some angsty scenes. Some scenes where you wanna bash their heads together!
All in all a fab story!!
A.K. MacBride
May 10, 2019
Krystal Bowlin
Andrea Morgan
May 11, 2019
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Taylor Graham
Ashley Banks
Lexibookreview
Diana Giote
Jun 02, 2019
Ryleigh Sloan is a romance author with a masters degree in being an indecisive control freak. Her favorite pastime is driving her friends crazy by writing multiple books at once.

Following the advice of established authors to read, read, read in order to hone one’s craft she does just that and engrosses herself in as many romance novels as she can get her hands on. Her bad habit of writing more th