Start by marking “Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)

Take a Chance on Me

(Oceanic Dreams #6)

He was the man of her dreams and their lives were all planned out—until he disappeared without explanation. Only to reappear on the decks of the Oceanic Aphrodite six years later.

Published July 29th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published July 20th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Chance on Me

Start your review of Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)
2.5 stars.

For a novella, this was pretty good. It was sweet, clean (no intimate scenes or expletives), and free of OP drama. The H didn't come across as a manho at all. There are no details given about what he did when they were apart, but it was stated that he never sampled the "cruise buffet" and he'd worked there the whole time the MCs were apart, so I'd like to believe that he's been celibate just like the h.

I liked that neither of the MCs played games and they weren't mean to each other. I
Rochelle
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet, second chance romance between Selena and Lincoln. He left her 6 years ago because his pride was wounded and he was too scared to tell her. They see each other again on a cruise that Selena is on for work purposes and to cheer her sister up. It was a fun story and the characters were likable and realistic. It is a great book that you won’t want to put down.

Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Will their professions keep them apart again?
Take a Chance on Me by Delancey Stewart is wonderfully written second-chance love with amazingly realistic characters with believable issues. This book is the perfect read for the end of the summer evening.
Selena
Selena is our main character, and she tells the story. She and her sister Jenny are on the cruise ship O
Tara Peters
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lincoln and Selena were in love, until he ghosted her. Six years later, when she is trying to cheer up her sister; she had been left at the altar, she sees him again and her life changes. Over the course of a week, she finally gets some answers to some questions. Will the answers be good enough to help her move on or will they leave her more confused? Once she learns the reason he left her without a word, she is even more upset, but realizes that she might want to give him a second chance.
Whe
Debbie Orazi
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet second chance at love story.
Selena brings her sister Jenny with her on a working cruise in order to help Jenny move beyond being dumped at the altar. The first person they see on the ship is Selena's college sweetheart, Lincoln, who left her without any reason six years ago. Lincoln is appointed their personal your guide. They spend the week getting reacquainted and realizing they still love each other. When they are both offered jobs co-managing a new resort jointly owned by t
Molly
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Selena is just trying to help her jilted at the altar sister Jenny recover, and do an analysis of a new joint venture for her boss. If it looks good, she might have a chance to run things.

As the ladies are boarding, an unwelcome piece of her past is there to welcome Selena aboard: the man Selena once thought she would marry. Jenny may not have had a chance to exorcise the demons of her own relationship, but she is quite apt at venting on behalf of sister Selena- luckily, since words fail Selena
Lucrecia Tolbert
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally adore this series. Each book is written by a different author, but the basic tenets of the series is the same making the transition between authors virtually seamless. Love can always be found on board, or in this case renewed. The writing was beautiful along with a well thoughtout storyline.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced and flowed nicely. The turn of events were done beautifully and the ending was terrific!

Tina Hobbs Payne
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors
"It's nice to see you aren't actually dead, I guess, though honestly, it might be better if you were, you sleazy, scum sucking, piece of..." that is the verbal assault Selena's sister gives to the man she once thought she'd spend her life. Seeing Lincoln again was not what she had in mind when she came on board to win over the boss of this cruise line. Now, she has to deal with so much more.

Lincoln is just as charming as ever. And remorseful. Her heart will never be able to resist all the things
Sheila
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Selena is sent on a cruise with her sister when she runs into her ex boyfriend Lincoln who left six years ago without explanation. It seems they are both trying to get the same job and this seems like their last competition. Who will get the job and what will happen then?

Magali
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romantic second chance
3.5
The story is well written, romantic, tender and clean.
Selena must discover the options of a cruise company that should partner with the company she is working for to open a resort complex in the Cayman Islands. But she discovers that the one who must make her discover the activities is none other than the one who left her without a word 6 years ago.
Between the competition for the management of the new resort, their past, the resentment of Selena for Lincoln and him who s
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is this a second chance for Lincoln and Selena? When her dreams of marriage goes up in smoke, Selena makes some new plans which includes her moving to Grand Cayman for her dream job and to live happily ever after. When Lincoln resurfaces in her life will she have to change her plans yet again? This story will have you cheering for Lincoln and Selena and a possible happily ever after.

Geraldine Streit
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I usually love Delancey’s stories but I found this one quiet disappointing. I didn’t find the usual spark and humour, just 2 really basic main characters and a way too simple plot. I will put that on the fact it’s a short story and you can develop much in less then 100 pages

Angelica Larsson
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wellwritten and fastpaced book filled with love and emotions. The characters wonderful characters.

Paula Lloyd
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone deserves a second chance. This is a great easy read. Ms. Stewart kept me entertained and I was hooked from page one. She has just earned a new fan!!!
Jayne Crabdree
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this writers style, she lets you know who the characters are and why we should like them and root for their HEA. I did like both characters and enjoyed seeing them progress through the interesting storyline. It was a unique setting and story and I read it in only two sittings. (Kept my interest for sure).
The only thing that prevented me from going for a full 5 stars was the light details in the intimate scenes. This is likely my own preference the writing was still very good. I'd say thi
Jenny
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance...love it, so this book checks all my boxes. Lincoln and Selena meet while training in hospitality and they had an intimate relationship while students with long range plans to stay together, but Lincoln vanishes from Selena’s life after they both apply for a position and Selena is offered the job. Fast forward 6 years later and Selena is sent by her employer on a cruise. The cruise company and Selena’s tourism company is looking at a joint venture together. As She i ...more
Lisa H
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Six years ago, he ghosted on her.

Selena was heartbroken when her boyfriend Lincoln left her without a word. Now six years later, she’s on a cruise ship with Lincoln. And once again they are competing for the same job.

Six years ago Selena got the job Lincoln wanted. And he left because he couldn’t handle it like an immature jerk that he was. I had a hard time with this book because of that one simple act it was so flimsy and weak.

But he does try to make up for it but once again they are competing
Kelly Greer
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second-chance romance is by far my favorite trope, and this one did not disappoint!!! There were pops of humor hidden throughout the book, which I loved. Delancey's character development is always top-notch, and this is no exception. I feel like I know these characters personally, and I could completely relate to their inner struggles. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Selena's decision at the end of the book. And the epilogue!!! I teared up a handful of times. It was such perfection. I c ...more
Lauren Braun
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story with relatable characters. The setting is picturesque and one of my favorite places in real life. This was like reading my fantasy come true.

Jennifer Wertz
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It is a fun, sweet romance. I love the characters. The setting on the cruise ship makes it interesting and fun. The book held my interest that I could not put it down. The ending was just perfect!
Tracy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oceanic-dreams
Loved this book! The characters were relatable and fun. Great read!
LMR
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Delancey Stewart & Booksprout!
Take a Chance on Me Oceanic Dreams Book 6 by Delancey Stewart Take a Chance on Me: A Romantic Comedy: Oceanic Dreams Book 6 By: Delancey Stewart
After He Ghosted Her... He's Got NO Right To Ask HER To "Take a Chance on Me!"
OMG... There She IS!
After YEARS Apart, & an Enormous Mistake ON MY Part,
I'm confronted with MY Ex ON a Cruise Ship...
Where there's NO where to RUN & NO where to HIDE,
Sooo I'll have to suck UP MY feelings & confront MY Pride!
Maybe it's to go admit the TRUTH...
I made a Mistake!
Can She "Take a Chance on Me" ONE MORE TIME!
Only... It look
Allie Bock
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Blurb from Goodreads:

Selena Spark has a plan for her life. It’s a new plan, one she devised after her previous plans—the ones she made with her college boyfriend and supposed future husband and business partner fell through—but it’s a good plan.

Step One: Put eyes on the resort Oceanic has built with her company o
Suzanne Hare
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Selena Spark was taking a cruise with her sister Jenny. Jenny had just been left at the alter. But as they were boarding she suddenly stopped when she spots Lincoln Addis, the man who she was suppose to marry, the one who disappeared completely right after college. She had not even known if he was still alive. Selena was there on business, representing the resort she managed and making a potential partnership between about the new resort in the Caribbean. What she didn’t expect was that Lincoln ...more
Claudia
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Selena is working in the management of a resort and was asked to check on a new resort in the Cayman Islands that was supposed to be a joint venture together with a cruise ship company. She was promised to be the next manager there. Going there by cruise liner. What she had not counted on was that her ex - someone she never had forgotten - would be on the ship and vying for the same position. Ordered by his bosses he is supposed to give her the best VIP treatment. What better chance than this to ...more
Sharon
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written rom-com with an in-depth story and characters.   Selina takes her sister Jenna who was just left at the alter on a cruise to help her get over it and to determine if property Oceanic build on the Grand Cayman is a fit for her company.  Onboarding, she runs into Lincoln who left her without explanation 6 years prior.  Lincoln is told by his manager to take Selina on a tour of the ship and the property on the Grand Cayman as a punishment for a ferret incident.  And Li ...more
Els
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I already talked about the covers in a previous review, but there is something else that connects the books. Every title is a title of a song and the lyrics (or part of them at least) jump straight into my head and I start singing … also in my head because I would not want to do this to my entourage. 😉

You already know as well that I am a big fan of this series and you won’t be surprised then that I adored this book too. Once this series ends, Cupid will need a holiday too after all the hard work
KL Cassanello
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Selena thought she was headed for her HEA with Lincoln. Until he up and disappeared six years ago. Her sister was just stood up at the altar, so Selena takes her on a cruise for her job. And guess who works on the ship?!? Yep. They are working together - a collaborative project between their companies. If the project goes forward, only one of them can be the new manager. But Lincoln has another plan... Sorry, no spoiler here, but they figure out how to have their happy ending. I could tell from ...more
Barbara
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book six in the Oceanic Dreams series about a second chance between Selena Spark and Lincoln Addis when she goes on a work/vacation aboard the Oceanic Aphrodite. She is there with her sister Jenny who has had a bad break-up and Selena is the representative for Perdido Bay Resort of Miami. What she finds out is that Lincoln is in competition with her for the job if the resort goes through. A book I enjoyed reading. Jenny meets Chris Gallin and she does not want to like him with everything she wen ...more

• No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Mind Reader
  • A.D.I.D.A.S.: All Day I Dream About S*x (Get Some #1)
  • One More Song
  • G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time (Get Some #2)
  • Heart of the Mountain
  • 1996 (90s Flashback Series, # 1)
  • Game Day Baby
  • No More Terrible Dates (High Tea, #2)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • 1997 (90s Flashback, #2)
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • Cowboys Don't Have a Secret Baby (Sweet Water Ranch, #2)
  • Cowboys Don't Marry Their Best Friend (Sweet Water Ranch #1)
  • Snowflakes and Sparks (Old Pine Cove, #1)
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • Zen Queen
I'm USA Today Bestselling author Delancey Stewart. My contemporary romances run the gamut of settings and setups, but they always deliver humor, heart and heat. It's a guarantee.

I write from my home in Denver, CO, where I manage a household full of boys and men. Okay, only one man. The hubs. But two boys. I mean, three if you count the hubs. (You see why I do words and not numbers. I was told ther

Oceanic Dreams (8 books)
  • I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Circle in the Sand (Oceanic Dreams #3)
  • I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)
  • The Best of You (Oceanic Dreams, #8)