Start by marking “Lady Killer” as Want to Read:
Lady Killer

Lady Killer

Mitch Lovett, a recently divorced father of two, wasn’t looking for anything serious—but when he fooled around with an old friend, Dee Wynn, serious was what he got. Dee has decided that Mitch will be hers and nothing is going to stand in her way. But Gail, another member of their college group (and now their babysitting co-op), has had her eye on Mitch as well—nevermind t ...more
Published 2019 by Main Street Rag

To ask other readers questions about Lady Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Killer

Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Uff - I honestly hate writing bad reviews when I don't have much positive to say, but I can say that I at least finished the book. This one just wasn't for me.

The title doesn't really live up to what you expect, even with reading the synopsis. I struggle to figure out what the point of this book was really about. It touches on domestic abuse and maybe would've read better coming from the point of Gail and her struggles rather than Mitch, who was completely unlikeable (which, as you know, I don't
Louise Wilson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Mitch is a bit of a "ladies man". He's a recently divorced dad of two. But there is something about him that women find appealing. He has remained friends with a group from college. He starts a romance with two women, Gail and Dee. But then a jealous husband arrivee on the scene. Gail's husband is abusive. This is a story about abuse, jealousy, sex and obsession.

Yes, I can see how love triangles start. After all, they happen all the time. I neither liked or disliked any of the characters. They a
Linda Strong

The Lady Killer is Mitch Lovett. He's a divorced father of two, good looking 42-something, fit, gainfully employed, and he likes the ladies ... and they like him back.

He's still on good terms with his ex-wife, and she's now married to Mitch's girlfriend's ex-fiancee. He's sleeping with Dee .. and she's only too happy to tell anyone and everyone. But Mitch isn't as elated as she seems to be.

He falls into an affair with Gail, who's been a friend for several years. Her husband, ED, is an abuser and
Meredith Rankin
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
As I sat down to write this review, I wondered why on earth I liked this book. Many of the characters border on unlikable, I detest adultery in fiction (and real life, too, of course), and I have almost nothing in common with any of the characters or their circumstances. Yet against those odds, I still liked the book. The only other book I've enjoyed despite these issues is The Great Gatsby. I haven't figured that one out, either.

The probable ending haunts the beginning chapters. It's easy to s
LadyDay
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for my truthful review.

So, first, I would like to say I'm a little surprised about the other reviews. My review is exclusively about the writing and how the story is told. It does not (nor it should) include my taste for the genre or my personal preference for the ending. That's personal and varies from person to person.

Now the review: This book has a little bit of everything: drama, inner struggle, love, jealousy, sex, obsession, abuse and more. It took me a cha
Moira
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. There’s a lot of superfluous details and side characters to keep straight. I did like the authors writing style as you did quickly become a fly on the wall inside a tight-knit group of old friends who are uniquely intertwined. The thing I disliked most about this book was I kept waiting for something (anything really) to happen. When something did finally happen it was done so quickly I was even more let down.
Jacky Montgomery
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was kindly sent this e-book by Emily HagenBurger from Mindbuck Media Book Publicity.

It took me till I was a quarter way through the book before I got into it, I kept giving it a bit more of a chance until I found I was looking forward to reading it. I think my problem was in the way it is written, like more of an account of what happened rather than a story. That said, once I got into it that didn’t matter, and maybe it actually grew into itself once the author got going.

It is the story of a l
Aliesha
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I recieved this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was instantly interested in the premise of Lady Killer and overall enjoyed the read. I did enjoy Mitch as a protagonist, although sometimes he did frustrate me with his actions. Dee was an amazing character, that I felt she could have been fleshed out even more.

I enjoyed the setting where it took place in a big city but with small town vibes. I thought it was a great choice of backdrop for the story.

I only had two minor comp
Tina
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book had me cringing at several points. Firstly, the regular use of the word, "Pecker" had me wanting to scream. The story was completely unbelievable, while still being predictable too. The way the story was written was not pleasant to read. "She did this, she did that, he said this" - It was like reading a teenager's diary. Not for me, I'm afraid.
Becky Baldridge
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I spent a lot of this book waiting for something to happen. Something I could care about. Something that would elicit some type of reaction, some type of emotion. Something other than a rundown of who's cheating who in this babysitting co-op. There is a story of obsession in there somewhere, but it's not enough to stir up any kind of mystery. It's actually rather pitiful, a childish attempt to get attention. Things do pick up in the last fifteen percent or so, but it's over quickly. I did finish ...more
Samantha
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-thriller
Both the book title and description didn't really fill me with much enthusiasm for this book, however once I got a couple of chapters in I was intrigued to find out where it would all end, Mitch was a very likable main character although I did find myself more interested in Dee and cheering her on in her sneaky underhanded pursuit of Mitch.
I think this is the only book I've ever read that uses the word Pecker in sex scenes, strange and cringy and really doesnt work at all.
I read this book consta
Edi McNinch
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am going with 4 stars since there isn't a 3.5. It is a fast paced easy read. I was so caught up in it I was at 90% before I realized it was near the end! Difficult to describe this book. The characters are a group of 'yuppies' who have been friends from their teen years to middle age. Some single, some married, some divorced and all remain right up in the middle of each other's business. There are several very descriptive sex scenes with a little more detail than I care to read but found it in ...more
E
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the beginning of Lady Killer there is tension in the air. It feels as though something bad is going to happen and, eventually, it does. The characters have known each other for years. The relationships have often changed over time. Some have even become dangerous. Even so, the bonds remain. The characters are well drawn and the author vividly brings them to life. The story is fast paced and addresses some serious issues including spousal abuse and infidelity. The novel is well worth reading ...more
Denise
Sep 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
This one was a struggle for me to get through. Honestly I don’t really think that the book lived up to its description. I found all of the central characters to be shallow, selfish and unlikeable.. This made it difficult to identify with any of them or care about the issues they were dealing with. The premise of the story and subject-matter can be difficult enough, but when we can’t find any of the characters to like, reading becomes a chore. I personally cannot recommend this book.

Suzette
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A suburban nightmare where spouses are passed around between “friends” when they are done with them. This is a story that will hold your attention as you try to figure out what makes these people act the way they do. Mitch is getting over a divorce and finds himself in bed with one of his wife’s best friend. Following this incident things get crazy as the relationship goes nowhere. A fit of jealousy sends things spiraling and puts life in danger. In the end the damage is done and several people ...more
Susanne
Aug 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Thank you to Main Street Rag Publishers and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sex, lies and lots of back and forth - what I got was not quite what I was expecting. The premise is interesting, but the execution is... not good. Lots of very wooden dialogue, strange jumps in the plot line, characters that are anything but fleshed out, and writing that reads like a teenager's angsty diary - including the requisite vocabulary choices. Sorry, this was not for me.
Kaili Taghon (Entertainingly Nerdy)
Is it bad that I didn't like the main character, mitch, so much? But that's mostly because he was sleeping around and leading a woman on. Lady killer is fast paced and I was actually able to read it a lot faster than I was expecting. I can kind of relate to Dee. I think most females can because at some point we all feel like we aren't good enough. I do feel bad with how things ended. Dee deserved so much more!
Lynn
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I almost did not finish this book. The main character is very difficult to like, and the women surrounding him in the story are just as unlikable. It is a slow burn, leading to a very breathless ending. It wasn't a waste of time, but it isn't one that I will be recommending to friends, either.
Murder in Common
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A slow start then picks up. Reminds me a bit of high school grads than college grads. Gossip, jealousy & lies, all of the characters in this book have poor decision making skills.
You just know something is going to happen ...
Susan
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I read this book expecting something to happen. Indeed, a lot happened. But overall, this book is a disappointment. Perhaps it’s just not my cup of tea.

I received this book as an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Emily
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-lit
A quick and fun read. Tensions ramp up between a group of friends, and you know that something bad is going to happen--but you're not sure exactly what that will be.

I downloaded a copy on NetGalley, thank you to the publisher.
Carol Perreault
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fromnetgalley
This is the story of a man pursued by 2 women - one is trying to get out of an abusive marriage, and the other woman is single and determined to keep that man no matter what. It was a good read.
Kayla Whitter
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Originally posted at apaperarrow.com

TW: Domestic abuse, infidelity, violence, death, misogyny

The premise of Lady Killer is so interesting. It's introduced as a book about a babysitting co-op leading to murder, which I guess is correct, but I wouldn't say it's a totally accurate depiction of the story.

Mitch is a bit of a "ladies' man." Recently divorced and father of two, there's just something about him that is appealing to women. Though he's not looking for anything serious, he begins romancing
Danni (_forbookssake)
rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2019
Jennifer Holloway Jones
Mitch is the quintessential lady's man after his divorce. He has remained friends with his group from college and the ladies all have their eyes on him. This book reminded me of Fatal Attraction, but for desperate housewives with an agenda and Mitch on their mind. I thought the story was well written and had good mixtures of mystery and deceit. This is the first I have read from this author and found this book to be decent. Thanks for the ARC, Net Galley.
lovebooks