Start by marking “A Bolt from the Blue (Bennett Sisters Mysteries, #9)” as Want to Read:
A Bolt from the Blue (Bennett Sisters Mysteries, #9)

A Bolt from the Blue

(Bennett Sisters Series #9)

More international intrigue, murder, and romance for the Bennett Sisters overseas in the newest entry to the bestselling women's fiction and suspense series.

The next to youngest Bennett Sister, Francie Bennett (Blame it on Paris) is a hard-charging attorney whose boyfriend Dylan Hardy invites her to join him in Paris to help with a client. When Axelle Fourcier left Paris
Published August 1st 2019 by Thalia Press

To ask other readers questions about A Bolt from the Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bolt from the Blue

Start your review of A Bolt from the Blue (Bennett Sisters Mysteries, #9)
Molly
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Francie and her Dylan are only beginning to sort out things between them. She is working as a Managing Partner for her firm now. Dylan has joint custody of his nine year old daughter with an ex wife, which has proven a bit tricky.

Francie is slated to do some freelance work for the Paris arm of the firm Dylan works for during their upcoming trip to Paris. Flying separately rather jointly as planned due to a case that came up for Dylan. Not simple.

The new client left France in the aftermath of
Sue
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Francie Bennett is looking forward to spending the summer with her boyfriend Dylan in Paris. She dreams of sight-seeing and shopping with some time for romance, but that isn’t how things turn out. Dylan has gotten her a side job with his law firm to “babysit” one of their clients. Axelle Fourcier left Paris in 1968 after the student riots vowing never to come back. But now that her beloved aunt has passed and left her an inheritance (which she shares with a distant cousin), she must come back to ...more
Lise
Aug 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The ninth in the series! Hope you enjoy it. Please leave a review to tell others what the book is about and what you liked. Thanks!
Pat Eroh
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Bennett sisters. There are so many reasons why this is such a great family! This story, like the others, grabbed me from the start and did not let go. So much intense action and so well-written, I felt a part of the story. Hoping these sisters have many more adventures.

Joan
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Merle Bennet In Lise McClendon very first Bennet Sister Books with Merle in Blackbird Fly and wondered how could this author surpass that book. Yet I believe this book with Francie, she did!
The author shows no matter your age, you can overcome your past issues and grow: Francie in her forties, her client in her late sixties or Francine’s boyfriends young daughter, All overcome their past fears and emerge from their cocoon face troubles head on of murder, mayhem with just a l
Eileen
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bennett Sisters

Another enjoyable Bennett Sisters mystery. I have really enjoyed this series of mysteries. It seems the relationships are as important as the mystery in these books with well developed characters that are so likable. Picking up the next book is like catching up with old friends. I don’t think they need to be read in order, but I am sure it makes them more fun.
Mary
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Having read all the Bennett Sister stories, I could not resist this one. I love the main characters as family and am always happy to meet the new secondary characters. The setting of Paris for this story is wonderful. There is even a hint of history in this book. I find the dealings with all of the relationships to be very believable. Can’t wait tot spend more time with 5e Bennett Sisters in the future.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a revi
Bev
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, have-read
I love the Bennett sisters stories. Each sister has their problems, yet they seem to help each other whenever they can. In this story, Francie has a 'cranky' client that thinks the French state is again conspiring against her. But what about her slick cousin who is also there for an inheritance from their deceased Aunt? Things get going for poor Francie when she also has to deal with her new boyfriend's nine-year-old daughter and the estate problems. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Heather W
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Lisa McClendon and I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to read more of this series.

This is an excellent mystery that is set in Paris and contains intrigue, danger, mystery, murder, and more as Francie Bennett joins her boyfriend Dylan to help with a client. This book is very entertaining and the characters are well developed and charming, especially Dylan's daughter Phoebe.

Phthon
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another tale about Francine. Phenomenally intense and full of situations that make you hold your breath. Axelle is a complete enigma that you can’t help loving! I truly love this series and look forward to many more!
Jo Trowbridge
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peggy O'Neill
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book yet

I have loved all the Bennett Sisters Mysteries. Although they read well as standalone books, I recommend reading them all and in order as the characters and storyline progress nicely. In this story, Francie is once again in France with Merle, who now owns a house there. Francie's first experience there was terrifying but she got through it and over it. In this story Merle and Pascal were returning to France. Pascal had taken a week away from his police work to visit Merle in the Uni
Debbie Neff
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Bolt From the Blue, the latest book in the Bennett Sisters series by Lise McClendon. I have read other books in this series and enjoyed them all, and especially liked this latest book. This books contains all the elements I enjoy in a book: great characters, an exciting plot, suspense and romance. I like the fact that this book can be read as a stand-alone book but if you have already read other books in the series, you already know and love the main characters and are excited t ...more
Margaret Montes
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love every book in the Bennett Sisters series. I enjoy the fact that we have the opportunity to learn about each of the sisters and how they interact with one another. The character development is interwoven in all of the books and the mysteries that accompany each of the story lines keep you on the edge of your seat. The only problem with this series is the fact that you cannot put them down and the insomnia that ensues from staying up all night to complete every book can be detrimental to on ...more
Fran Byrnes-O'Leary
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Next book please ASAP

The Bennett sisters series is fantastic. I started reading the books because the female characters were older. They had live. The stories are well written descriptions of the areas make you feel as though you are in France. Sit back wine in hand and enjoy a perfect read.
debmar50
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good!

Like the writing style! Fast paced, easily understood, not repetitive and very entertaining. Part of a series. The mystery was solved....Kind of reminds me of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries- the crime is solved but stay tuned to see what happens between the regular cast. Instead of Australia it's in France. Modern day. I would watch it for sure.
Joan
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blue and Lonely

Of all of the Bennett Sisters books, I believe that I liked this one best. The story was complex, as it was actually two stories in one. Both Axelle and Phoebe , one nearing the end of her life and the other just beginning hers. Each character grows and becomes stronger, and each of them struggle. It is a really good read. Enjoy!!!
Jan Miller
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Bolt from the Blue by Lise McClendon is the first book by the author that I have listened to. I was pulled into this story with its vibrant imagery and loved the setting of France for most of the book. The art described was intriguing. Denice Stradling impressed me with her distinguishable voices and French accents. I really enjoyed listening to this book.
Ellen White
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Francis thinking of time with her new boyfriend Dylan in Paris. Instead Dylan has a client for her, an older woman who had never thought she would come back after the riots years ago. Inheritance with a cousin of a house, an a apartment filled with art. Along with Dylan daughter, who has time for the romance of Paris, instead there is mayhem and murder. Good series.
E
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the Bennett Sisters Mysteries. Great characters, fun location (France--Paris and the Dordogne), and fun mysteries. They only seem to be available on Kindle.
Sandra Olson
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

As usual the Bennett sisters are involved in a wonderfully convoluted mystery. I enjoyed the characters, plot and outcome. Great writing.
Lissa Harkness
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting to know Francie better

Great read love dynamics and scenes that are painted throughout each chapter. I am always so excited for the next book in the series to come out.
Suki Jantzen
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun!

You'll laugh, and will keep reading right through to the end. Very fine story with excellent rhythm! I highly recommend it.
Terri Gilbert
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
An easy read. The protagonist goes to France with her boyfriend on a working vacation. Some important art works disappear. It was okay.
Gabrialle Martin
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paris

This series is set in and around Paris and Aquitaine. Lots of information and facts, very interesting. The plots are good, original and a surprise ending. Great reads.
Cherryl key
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! I think it may be the best of the series.
Jill Bjorklund
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice change of pace & a fast read.
Jean M. Jones
Mar 02, 2020
Katherine
Apr 24, 2020
frances g medley
Aug 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sunny Side Up (A Deadline Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Ghostly Grounds: Murder and Breakfast (Canine Casper Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder in St-Rémy (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #15)
  • Murder at High Tide (Rosa Reed #1)
  • A Buried Past (Jacqueline Frye #1)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Ain't Seen Muffin Yet (Lexy Baker, #15)
  • BlueBuried Muffins (Black Cat Cafe #1)
  • The Winemaker's Wife
  • Stay
  • A French Affair
  • Ink, Red, Dead (A Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mystery #3)
  • Creature Discomforts (The Freeman Files - Book 7)
  • The Witching Place: A Fatal Folio (A Curious Bookstore Cozy Mystery—Book 1)
  • Murder in the Family (A Hannah Kline Mystery Book 1)
  • Life, Upended (Life in Palmyrton #2)
  • Orchestras and Obsessions (An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy #15)
  • The Gang of St Bride's (Penny Green #9)
Lise McClendon is a fiction writer living in the Rocky Mountains of Montana. She has been a film reviewer, a film maker, a journalism professor, and a PR flack. Since her first novel, The Bluejay Shaman, in 1994, she has served on the national board of Mystery Writers of America and the International Association of Crime Writers/North America, as well as on faculty of the Jackson Hole Writers Conf ...more

Bennett Sisters Series (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Blackbird Fly
  • The Girl in the Empty Dress (Bennett Sisters Book 2)
  • Give Him The Ooh-la-la (Bennett Sisters #3)
  • The Things We Said Today (The Bennett Sisters Mysteries Book 4)
  • The Frenchman (Bennett Sisters Mysteries Book 5)
  • Odette and the Great Fear (Bennett Sisters #6)
  • Blame it on Paris (Bennett Sisters #7)
  • Bennett Sisters French Cookbook: Recipes inspired by the Mystery Series (Bennett Sisters Mysteries Book 8)
  • DEAD FLAT: a trilogy featuring Pascal d'Onscon (Bennett Sisters Mysteries boxsets series Book 5)
  • Lost in Lavender (Bennett Sisters Mysteries Book 13)