Start by marking “The Mueller Report” as Want to Read:
The Mueller Report

The Mueller Report

The Special Counsel investigation of 2017 to 2019, also referred to as the Mueller probe, Mueller investigation and Russia investigation, was a United States counterintelligence investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. According to its authorizing document, which was signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Mueller Report, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mueller Report

Start your review of The Mueller Report
Linda
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
No question it's an important report, but reading it was difficult. It's disheartening, frustrating, and alarming. I never imagined our government would stand by as we were attacked by Russia, and I never imagined we'd have such a dangerous, self-serving, incapable, immoral, dishonest man in the oval office. These are frightening times. What has happened to the rule of law? I pray voters will come to their senses quickly.
Helga Cohen
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: politics, non-fiction
The Mueller Report is definitely required reading. Even though Mueller testified before Congress last week and a lot of details came out, this book should be read to understand the full scope of the investigation.
The Reports findings outlines how the Russians interfered with our election and the Trump team complicity and the Report also outlined quite clearly obstruction of justice. Some important points of attention were the number of people charged/convicted. The number of additional people
Lynn
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a succinct, well-organized report. I enjoyed learning about the investigative process and all the legal considerations. Having read the report I have a better understanding of decisions and evaluations made and not-made. When the non-redacted version is released I'll read it, as well.
Rita Mercs
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mueller definitely wants Congress to pursue impeachment proceedings. I wish everyone in the U.S. would read "The Mueller Report" (available free at your local library or online U.S. Department of Justice website: www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf) and learn the truth about the many times Trump obstructed justice or tried to. It was also frightening to learn more about the Russian's meddling into the 2016 presidential election. The Mueller Report is a real eye-opener.

Trump never answered
Pat
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An important book for all to read to better understand and appreciate the Special Counsel's efforts and the final report despite the redactions and despite Barr's attempt to ignore and distort Mueller's findings. Mueller did the reader a favor by providing concise overviews of different parts of the investigation with more details following. Three things especially got my attention: the number of people charged/convicted already; the number of additional people to possibly be charged as ...more
Karlie Schaefer
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Mueller Report doesn't cover too much information that was unknown leading up to it's release/publication. However, having all of the information pulled together into a report that follows a timeline really helps paint a picture of Russia's extensive interference into the 2016 Presidential election.

The social media influence was apparent to anyone on Facebook or Twitter in the six months leading up to the election, but the hacking was less obvious before the public details were elaborated
Karen Marcus
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fascinating. Very clearly written, without legalese for the most part. I read it because I've been following the political situation closely since Trump was "elected" and, though I regularly watch/listen to sources I trust, who have summarized the Report, I wanted to know for myself exactly what Mueller's findings were. Yes, it's a long document, but definitely worth reading.

Key takeaways: (1) While extensive collaboration and cooperation between Trump associates and Russian
Johann Riebe
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been a very good read. It's very organized and surprisingly easy to follow for an over 400 page government document. I applaud Mueller for making the report easy to follow because people need to read it. The Report covers two things, one collusion, and two obstruction of justice. After reading, I surprisingly admire Russia's efforts. The scope of their efforts is just unreal. It really points out how fragile our election system is and that actions need to be taken in order to keep this ...more
Kathryn
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Every American should read this factual report about the Russian attack on our election process, society, and democracy. The word "fact" doesn't seem strong enough when the facts are corroborated by sworn witnesses, dates, times, and places in staggering detail. The Mueller Report is not a feel-good read, but it's a necessary read, a dutiful read, for anyone forming, stating, or adopting an opinion about the events surrounding the 2016 election.
Bernie Stewart
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Documentation every American, regardless of party affiliation must read. It is a long read with lots of repetition, albeit necessary for building the case against Trump, which the report succeeds in doing. Helps the reader understand the judicial system and why decisions were made to support the case. Recommend strongly.
Gail St.onge
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Should be required reading for everyone who is eligible for the future US elections. Will or should be in every library going forward.
Even with the redactions this report is full of information if you read it with a nonpartisan and open mind
Amanda Mchenry-brubaker
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a lot to get through with this one namely the “redacted see....” nonsense, but you get the drift. My take away, the content in the real illegal stuff isn’t the worst part, it’s the President’s behavior otherwise. No words could describe the level of human garbage we have in office.
Jim Sewastynowicz
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Whatever your politics on the issue, this was very well-written. It didn’t fall into a bunch of legalese, making it digestible for those of us who aren’t lawyers.
Susie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very informative read that puts all the information we've been hearing about for the past 3 years into a coherent, comprehensive report. When read in this way, parts are quite shocking!
Marianne Evans
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The study of a narcissistic sociopath.
Vince
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unless you've read the report your opinion on the investigation is of no import.
Lisa Kuhnke
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read.
Pamela
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not light reading. It is barely prose - but it isn't supposed to be that, either. A very VERY significant report, and even if one only reads the executive summaries, critically important.

There is a lot there (and if I ever wished to be an investigator, that ship has sailed - I don't have the patience and self-control for that).

I wish - I VERY MUCH wish - that the DOJ had never made that decision to avoid actually indicting a sitting president. Because if they hadn't, Trump would have
Bridget
Jun 06, 2019
Marisa
Oct 20, 2019

• A Warning
  • Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. the Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump
  • The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump
  • Wild Cow Tales
  • Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump
  • Fire and Fury
  • Inside the Empire: The True Power Behind the New York Yankees
  • Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth--And How You Can Too
  • The Truths We Hold: An American Journey
  • Heroes & Monsters of Greek Myth
  • The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West
  • The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming
  • The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future
  • A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership