Start by marking “Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)

Hindsight

(Kendra Michaels #7)

Investigator Kendra Michaels -- whose former blindness has left her with uniquely insightful observational skills -- must put her life on the line to catch a terrifying murderer setting his sights on some of society's most vulnerable in this electrifying new novel from the #1 New York Times and Edgar Award winning writing duo Iris and Roy Johansen.

Dr. Kendra Michaels,
Published January 7th 2020 by Grand Central Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

• Hindsight by Iris Johansen
    Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
    Release date: Jan 07, 2020
    Enter now for chance to win a copy of HINDSIGHT by Iris & Roy Johansen!
    *** NO P.O. BOXES ***

Availability: 20 copies available, 2380 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 13 - Feb 10, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
    Toni
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. It really sucks you into the story from the word GO. I didn’t realize Iris Johansen had another series. I think the last book I read by her was in her Eve Duncan forensic series. That is a great series too! Check it out if you haven’t picked up one of Iris’s books in awhile. Definitely worth the read!

This is a whole different series and they are already on book seven. Where have I been? I can’t believe I missed so much yummy goodness! Iris and Roy… what a
    Naleighna Kai
    Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Kendra’s sight was restored with a miraculous surgery. The first part of her life was spent without that particular sense, which enhanced all the others. When two staff members of a school she once attended are murdered, she puts her all into finding the culprits. The crimes aren’t similar and there also isn’t a lot of clues, but the storyline is an interesting one as she finds her way to answers that escape everyone else. Iris Johansen never disappoints. Though this is part of a series, it can ...more
    Marika Charalambous
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A typical, fun Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen romantic suspense novel which I thoroughly enjoyed. The action, suspense, twists, and turns were really there, and the sparks between Kendra and Adam were, once again, flying.

But my all-time favorite - Harley the dog with unusual issues. I hope he'll be around in future Kendra Michaels books as well.

Full review at https://mysterysequels.com/book-revie...
    Louisa
    Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Fantastic book, another great read! Loved the mystery, and the various developments that happen, and I can't wait for more!
    Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
    Fast paced visit with Kendra...I love this series, and I really love Lynch. The banter and chemistry is off the charts...and I love how well they work together.

Mystery, murder & mayhem...
    Avid Reader
    Hindsight (Kendra Michaels #7) by Iris Johansen & Roy Johansen
    4 stars
    M/F Thriller, mystery
    I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I have not read the previous books in this series, so I am unsure if it would have helped me understand this book more. However, I did feel, especially at the beginning, that maybe there was some of the back story that I was missing.

Kendra Michaels has a special gift that everyone wants to utilize. While she's on a mission in the middle east,
    Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Hindsight by Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen that I read and reviewed on my own.
    This book found Kendra and Lynch trying to solve two murders that took place at the school where she went when she was blind so needless to say this was personal for Kendra because she cared about the people who were killed and she wanted those killers badly. Like most of the Kendra Elliot book she fought the interference from Lynch until she realized how badly she needed him and
    Joan
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    The murder of two teachers at the Woodward Academy for the Physically Disabled brings Kendra Michaels into a close-to-home investigation. Having spent several years as a student at the Academy, she knew both of the victims. But will her unique observational skills, honed during the twenty years of her blindness, be enough to catch the killer [or killers] and discover the reason for the murders?

Murder and conspiracy form the basis for this, the seventh story in the Kendra Michaels series. Kendra,
    Book
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: mystery
    While this seventh novel featuring protagonists Kendra Michaels and Adam Lynch is a well-crafted mystery, the relationship between the main characters is distracting and somewhat unbelievable to a first time reader of the series. That said, the book’s primary story is strong.

Kendra Michaels, formerly blind, is drawn back to the Woodward Academy for the Physically Disabled in Oceanside, CA, where she went to school before surgery restored her sight. Now an investigator, she is determined to find
    Charlotte Lynn
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Dr. Kendra Michaels is amazing. Growing up blind and then having an amazing surgery that gave her eyesight to now being an investigator that uses her honed senses to solve difficult mysteries. What I notice most is her commitment to those important to her. She uses her abilities to protect her friends before anything else. She has always been a good friend to those around her but even more so when she realizes all that she can do to keep those she loves safe.

Hindsight is a book that I looked
    Helen Williams
    Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Dr. Kendra Michaels was blind for the first twenty years of her life before a revolutionary surgical procedure helped her to regain her sight. She has now become a renowned investigator who is known for her razor sharp senses. She now has to use those skills when two staff members have been murdered at a school for the blind where Kendra spent her formative years. The murders are puzzlingly dissimilar: one victim was brutally stabbed, while the other was killed by a bullet to the head.

With the
    Audrey Lawrence
    Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I really enjoyed the concept of this book and the characters are realistic. I also liked the way dialogue was used to find out how Kendra reached her conclusions from her sharpened senses. Made for a very entertaining thriller.

My husband is newly blind, so really appreciated the descriptions of the challenges as well as the abilities of the blind students, both current and former. I was put off initally by Kendra's character due to her over the top anger and hostility, but warmed to her later in
    Bob
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Kendra has been forced to leave Afghanistan and is not happy and when she gets home she finds ot that she is involved in the case of two murders at her old school for the blind where she spent 20 years before her operation that gave her sight. Obviously she is emotionally involved and is caught up in the investigation. One of the murdered is a woman teacher who was also caring for a strange dog and she ends up caring for it along with her blind friend Olivia. Her "friend" Lynch was instrumental ...more
    Alena
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I managed to get my hands on an ARC advanced proof a few weeks before publishing. and WOW- Iris and Roy really brought it for book 7. The case was really interesting and kept me hooked while on vacation. Something I enjoyed the fact was that we aren’t given any hints right off the bat. There was no preface featuring the killers perspective like in the previous books, which keeps it really exciting. Kendra and Lynch continued to intrigue and frustrate. But that relationship has fortunately, ...more
    Diane Saul
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Kendra was blind For 20 years before surgery restored her sight. As a result of her sightless years her senses are extremely keen. She has become a valuable asset to law enforcement, Kendra notices things other people miss. When there are 2 murders at a school for the blind Kendra attended, the investigation is very personal to her. There are no obvious motives and few clues to follow. This is the 7th book in this series but could easily be read as a stand alone. It has a good story line with ...more
    Living My Best Book Life
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: mystery
    Hindsight is another great mystery/thriller from Iris Johansen. It kept me on my toes until the very end of the book.

This story follows Dr. Kendra Michaels as she used her investigative skills to solve two murders. We learn that Kendra was blind for the first 20 years of her life and developed many skills and abilities that make her great at her job.

There are lots of twists that are unexpected and classic Iris Johansen. I really enjoyed this book and continue to enjoy reading stories from this
    Steve
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This series gets better and better. The seventh in this series is simply outstanding. Kendra Michaels was blind at birth but now she has regained her sight. She uses her prior handicap to track down and capture miscreants of all stripes and colors. Here she is called on to investigate and solve a double homicide of two employees at the school which she attended when she was without sight. A new character is introduced of the four-legged variety with its own issues. All combine to make to ...more
    Michelle
    Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    ***Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

I absolutely love the Kendra Michael's series and I know I'll love this one, too, but I've decided to wait for the audiobook version because that's what I've done for the other 6 books.
    Kayla Pearlstein-Seignious
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I love the Kendra Michaels character! She was blind for most of her life so she developed her other senses and now that she can see, she has become invaluable to the FBI and kicks butt! All of Iris Johansen's stories are so good and she keeps coming up with ways to keep her main characters fresh and always growing!
    Pam
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
    The series was interesting concept when it started, but each book has declined in interest and mystery even though what Kendra can deduce is amazing. Her relationship with Lynch has become tiresome. But I think Jessie might hold her own as the main character in a spin off series.
    P Anderson
    Tiresome

Disappointed. The heroine really gets on my nerves. She is always so argumentative and it gets tiresome. She is not very likeable. The plot was simply flat. Nice about the dog. May think about reading the next book with KENDRA MICHAELS.
    Linde Punzel
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
    This is a fun, easy read. I only gave this three stars, because parts of the story felt scattered and the relationship between the main characters didn’t seem believable. I didn’t feel that this was up to the standards of the first few books in the series.
    John
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    We've read most of the authors novels but by far the best is the Kendra Michaels series. This was once again an excellent murder mystery novel that keeps the reader very intrigued. Absolutely a must read.
    Ellen
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I received this book as a promotion. I had not read the other books in the series, but I still really enjoyed this one. The authors did a good job Devi the characters and scenes, and I’m excited to go back and read the rest of the series!
    Allison McCauley
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
    My favorite modern author. I can’t give her 5 stars because these are not moving but they are fun and action packed! I love Kendra - blind in her youth but got her sight as an adult... observant like Encyclopedia Brown but for big girls... another fun one!
    Nancy Huff
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Kendra Michaels is such an interesting character. I like how the characters in her books are not limited by their disabilities. Of course I can't wait for the next book to see if she and Adam Lynch solve their previous mystery.
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kendra Michaels at her best! A great fast paced , on the edge of your seat read. The tension between Kendra and Lynch, along with the storyline make this another 5+* from Iris and Roy Johansen. I look forward to more great reads from both!
    Christina McLamb
    Good book.

Loved this book. But definitely wanting to see more in the way of the relationship between Kendra and her love interest. Some of the moments between them was great but want to see them growung together as a couple now and not back and forth anymore.
    EJ MACK
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    There are so many reasons why I did not like this work I'm not going to mention them I just don't understand what did the author is thinking. It felt disjointed from the last book. Like there were missing Parts.
    Ruth Ellen
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Lynch manages to piss Kendra off by having her pulled off a case in Afghanistan. She is shipped back to the US and Griffin who offers a case that involves people she knew as a child. Does she solve it and how? Read an see.

• The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
    • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
    • Cut and Run
    • No Man's Land (FBI K-9 #4)
    • Frozen Ground (Stormwatch #1)
    • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
    • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
    • Wind Chill (Stormwatch #3)
    • Hideaway
    • The Best Christmas Ever (Krewe of Hunters)
    • Home Is Where You Make It: DIY Ideas  Styling Secrets to Create a Home You Love, Whether You Rent or Own
    • Let Me Go (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #5)
    • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
    • Aberration
    • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
    • Horror-Ween (Krewe of Hunters)
    • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
    • Reckless With You (Less Than, #2)
    Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great ...more

Kendra Michaels (7 books)
    • Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1)
    • Sight Unseen (Kendra Michaels, #2)
    • The Naked Eye (Kendra Michaels, #3)
    • Night Watch (Kendra Michaels, #4)
    • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    • Double Blind (Kendra Michaels, #6)