Start by marking “Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)

Hindsight

(Kendra Michaels #7)

Investigator Kendra Michaels -- whose former blindness has left her with uniquely insightful observational skills -- must put her life on the line to catch a terrifying murderer setting his sights on some of society's most vulnerable in this electrifying new novel from the #1 New York Times and Edgar Award winning writing duo Iris and Roy Johansen.

Dr. Kendra Michaels, blin
Published January 7th 2020 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hindsight, please sign up.
Shlok Prabhu No sex in this book, but there are multiple mentions of it. Quite a bit of vulgarity and violence however nothing too explicit.

Start your review of Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
Tim
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
This story seems a bit long and forced. Starts fine, then wanes. 4 of 10 stars
Linda Strong
Two staff members have been murdered at a school for the blind, where Kendra spent many of her younger years until she received a surgical procedure to restore her sight. She is a well known investigator who has honed all her senses and sharp deductive abilities.

The two victims have no connection other than place of employment and one is stabbed and the other took a bullet to the head. Two killers?

As Kendra throws herself wholeheartedly into the investigation, she unwittingly discovers that she,
P Anderson
Tiresome

Disappointed. The heroine really gets on my nerves. She is always so argumentative and it gets tiresome. She is not very likeable. The plot was simply flat. Nice about the dog. May think about reading the next book with KENDRA MICHAELS.
Laurie Anderson
Gah. Not my cup of tea.
Kirsten
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! I wish she would stop writing her other stuff and just focus on Kendra and Adam. This series just does not come out nearly as often as it should. (I'd prefer if she'd get on a J.D. Robb timetable but...)

This book had a really interesting storyline. It had much more Kendra and Adam. As well as not dealing with an evil serial killer out to get Kendra... People were still out to get Kendra, but it was more conspiracy based.

Plus... Harley!!

PS - If I were Kendra there would be no
Pam
Jan 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Do people really get to be as rude, obnoxious and bossy as Kendra, in real life? I’ve read every Kendra book, but I suddenly realized while reading this book, I really don’t like Kendra or Adam anymore. The story is the same. There is a mystery and no one else can solve it.
Paula  Phillips
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
The Kendra Michaels series by Iris and Roy Johansen has been one of my favorites as I love the character Kendra Michaels - well normally. You know-how in a TV series when the main characters finally get together "officially" or at least end up sleeping with one another and then you see a lull in the series as that hidden chemistry disappears and the whole environment feels like it has changed and normally at that point in the series - the TV series you know will be coming to an end. That's how I ...more
Marika Charalambous
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A typical, fun Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen romantic suspense novel which I thoroughly enjoyed. The action, suspense, twists, and turns were really there, and the sparks between Kendra and Adam were, once again, flying.

But my all-time favorite - Harley the dog with unusual issues. I hope he'll be around in future Kendra Michaels books as well.

Full review at https://mysterysequels.com/book-revie...
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I really have loved this Kendra Michaels series .  I have given my rapt attention to Kendra who uses all her senses to deduce what is going on in the world. She often helps the FBI  on their cases, reluctantly. There's action, mystery, intelligent casework and a nice group of family and friends.

Adam Lynch is often in
Toni
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. It really sucks you into the story from the word GO. I didn’t realize Iris Johansen had another series. I think the last book I read by her was in her Eve Duncan forensic series. That is a great series too! Check it out if you haven’t picked up one of Iris’s books in awhile. Definitely worth the read!

This is a whole different series and they are already on book seven. Where have I been? I can’t believe I missed so much yummy goodness! Iris and Roy… what a power
Nicola Short
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hindsight is a suspenseful story with a unusual murder mystery plot. Kendra Michaels is the main character, she was once blind but had a stem cell implant and can now see. All of her senses are heightened due to being blind and she uses this gift to solve mysteries with the FBI.
I still don’t “get” the relationship between Kendra and Lynch. Though in this book there is more chemistry between them that I did like.
The story does feel a bit disjointed at times which led to becoming disinterested i
Teresa
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This book wasn’t as good as the rest of the series. The final plot was far fetched and just seemed like a mess.
Dawntwilight000
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I'm finding Kendra is becoming a bit selfish and bratty. I'm beginning not to like her. ...more
Meri
Apr 10, 2020 added it
Good story, didn't like the mushy parts. ...more
Gerry Bartlett
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I've been reading this series for a while. I loved the way Kendra Michaels, formerly blind, used her senses to "see" things others didn't to solve crimes. I read the book that came just before this, Double Blind, but won't bother to review it. I had the same problem with both books--the constant push/pull between Kendra and her "partner' Adam Lynch. This has been going on for seven books. The sexual tension is undeniable and Kendra keeps making excuses not to act on it. Adam is an alpha male who ...more
Brad
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hindsight is book 7 in the Kendra Michaels series from the team of Iris and Roy Johansen. “Two staff members are murdered at the school for the blind where Kendra spent her early years. Different killers? Are they connected?Kendra must put her life on the line to unravel a terrifying conspiracy. And Kendra discovers that she may hold the key to the deadliest secret of all...”
IJ/RJ keep us guessing a while in this one. The bad guys keep the tension high and you’re yelling at some other characters
Pamela
I really enjoyed this book. I understand why Kendra doesn’t feel comfortable with Lynch, and the danger that his job brings, but something has to give . A kiss on the nose, or cheek just does not go with their personalities. The book lagged a little in the beginning, but quickly took off. The author had me thinking in another direction, but she flipped it around nicely. Olivia, and a dog is thrown in, and Jessie. Metcalf, who clearly loves Kendra. I’m glad she doesn’t lead him on. The book revol ...more
Naleighna Kai
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kendra’s sight was restored with a miraculous surgery. The first part of her life was spent without that particular sense, which enhanced all the others. When two staff members of a school she once attended are murdered, she puts her all into finding the culprits. The crimes aren’t similar and there also isn’t a lot of clues, but the storyline is an interesting one as she finds her way to answers that escape everyone else. Iris Johansen never disappoints. Though this is part of a series, it can ...more
Living My Best Book Life
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Hindsight is another great mystery/thriller from Iris Johansen. It kept me on my toes until the very end of the book.

This story follows Dr. Kendra Michaels as she used her investigative skills to solve two murders. We learn that Kendra was blind for the first 20 years of her life and developed many skills and abilities that make her great at her job.

There are lots of twists that are unexpected and classic Iris Johansen. I really enjoyed this book and continue to enjoy reading stories from this
Toni
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great Kendra Michaels story. This time we get a small hint into Kendra when she was younger, before she regained her sight. She and Lynch join forces once again. Kendras's friend Olivia is also there to help solve the murders of two of the people from the school for the blind that both Kendra and Olivia attended. ...more
Louisa
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book, another great read! Loved the mystery, and the various developments that happen, and I can't wait for more! ...more
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Fast paced visit with Kendra...I love this series, and I really love Lynch. The banter and chemistry is off the charts...and I love how well they work together.

Mystery, murder & mayhem...
Joyce
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and series. There is plenty of action,suspense and
Mystery as well as a dog who is great. Kendra must find out who is killing
The people at the blind school she attended years ago. Loved the strong
Characters and team working together. The plot was good and it kept you
Reading until the last page. I recommend these authors and look forward
To the next book.
Marsha
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story dragged on for a bit longer then necessary. I love the fire and desire from Adam Lynch. Kendra needs to just go for it!!
Avid Reader
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hindsight (Kendra Michaels #7) by Iris Johansen & Roy Johansen
4 stars
M/F Thriller, mystery
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

I have not read the previous books in this series, so I am unsure if it would have helped me understand this book more. However, I did feel, especially at the beginning, that maybe there was some of the back story that I was missing.

Kendra Michaels has a special gift that everyone wants to utilize. While she's on a mission in the middle east, hot on
Donnap
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good book by Johansen.
Pam
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
The series was interesting concept when it started, but each book has declined in interest and mystery even though what Kendra can deduce is amazing. Her relationship with Lynch has become tiresome. But I think Jessie might hold her own as the main character in a spin off series.
Anne, Unfinished Woman
Althea Mason (21st Century Reviews)
I love Iris Johansen books, specifically those about Eve Duncan, Catherine Ling, Kendra Michaels, and Margaret Douglas. Hindsight is all about Kendra Michaels with our favorite returning characters: Metcalf, Griffin, Jessie, Olivia, and of course Lynch. The sexual tension between Kendra and Lynch is stronger than ever in this book, which is definitely to be expected.

The story briefly starts out with continuing the story that was left, unfinished when it comes to Brock Limited in Double Blind. Bu
Kristin (Always With a Book)
This is the 7th book in the Kendra Michaels series, a series that Iris Johansen co-writes with her son, Roy and I absolutely love this series. I find Kendra Michael to be such a unique and fascinating character, always proving that nothing and no one will stop her from getting the bad guys.

I love that once again we see Kendra pulled into a case that at first she is none too happy to be part of, feeling that she is being manipulated into working on. Yet, when she realizes the location of the case
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • Home Is Where You Make It: DIY Ideas  Styling Secrets to Create a Home You Love, Whether You Rent or Own
  • Kill For You
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
  • Reckless With You (Less Than, #2)
  • Hey Harry, Hey Matilda
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Promises Part 3 (Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Promises Part 4 (Bounty Hunters, #4)
  • Promises Part 1 (Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Own Your Weird: An Oddly Effective Way for Finding Happiness in Work, Life, and Love
  • The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
  • A Lady Never Tells (Women of Daring, #1)
  • The Flood
  • Pushing His Luck (Winning The Billionaire, #4)
  • The CBD Handbook: Over 75 Recipes for Hemp-Derived Health and Wellness
  • Little Weirds
See top shelves…
Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great su ...more

Kendra Michaels (8 books)
  • Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1)
  • Sight Unseen (Kendra Michaels, #2)
  • The Naked Eye (Kendra Michaels, #3)
  • Night Watch (Kendra Michaels, #4)
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
  • Double Blind (Kendra Michaels, #6)
  • Blink of an Eye (Kendra Michaels #8)

News & Interviews

“I came into some family money and I’ve always been a good saver. I realized that being by myself was detrimental to my health and I needed interaction. So I decided to stop being careful and start spending that money. I figure if I can’t be good to myself now, when can I?” 0 likes