Start by marking “Maps of Bliss and Rage” as Want to Read:
Maps of Bliss and Rage

Maps of Bliss and Rage

"This author has, quite literally, brought the reader along on one of the best trips through history... that take part in some of the most stunning areas of the world... This author has done an amazing job of waxing lyrical, historical, cultural and, quite frankly, beautiful." - Feathered Quill.

Eight achingly original, wonderfully witty and touchingly tender stories spanni
Published May 15th 2019 by Mario Dhingsa

To ask other readers questions about Maps of Bliss and Rage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maps of Bliss and Rage

Rebecca McNutt
I don't read as many short story collections as I used to, but I'm definitely glad I got the chance to read this one. Maps of Bliss and Rage, fuelled by the thrill of travelling, contains stories set all over the world with a wide variety of themes and characters, and each story stands out on its own as special and creative. My favourite, set in New York, looks at the hushed and angry political turmoil of the mid 20th Century, but I liked every one of the stories featured here, and as much as th ...more
Bookread2day
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think that most readers will find somethings in Maps Of Bliss And Rage, that they relate to within this book. My partner is half Malteese and used to live in Vallletta Malta, so I was particularly drawn to the chapter Five Valletta, Malta Saints and Shipwrecks. I to have been to Vallletta Malta a few times. There are quite a few other places inside this book, but I don't want to spoil too much for readers who may like to read Maps Of Bliss and Rage by Mario Dhingsa. As Mario is one very kind a ...more
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Maps of Bliss and Rage, Mario Dgingsa, showcases eight short stories, each set in a different country, yet somehow dealing with the wish, opportunity or drive to escape. The social pressure of the international community at work in posts on Antartica, waiting to leave or get new provisions. Spies from Japan, South Korea, and North Kora trying to connect to the illegitimate princess of the Japanese Imperial Family. Or imagine Dr. Henry Kissinger meeting then U.S. president Nixon to discuss dip ...more
Sarah Shah
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book consists of stories which makes it very very interesting and irresistible to put down,the cultures,the different struggles,in many ways connect to the reader,every story has something.If you’re not about a book based on the same story,this book has several different ones that teach you life lessons.I say this about most books,but this is beautiful.A sure must read.
Michelle
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a complex book that skilfully weaves an astonishing volume of political, cultural and geographical research throughout eight unique short stories. The dry wit and unexpected plot twists made it a compelling and enjoyable read.
Genevive
Sep 05, 2019
Abby
Sep 06, 2019
GOOD REVIEWS: Around the World in Eight Escapes... 1 5 Jul 17, 2019 11:49AM
Mario Dhingsa is a UK-born, Wellington-based, award-winning author. His first published work, High Office Whispers, was awarded the B.R.A.G. Medallion in 2018.

He is a member of the New Zealand Society of Authors, a former member of the Writers' Guild of Great Britain, and a former committee member of the New Zealand Institute of International Affairs.