Start by marking “Paper Flowers (Fragile Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Paper Flowers (Fragile Love #1)

Paper Flowers (Fragile Love #1)

Love. Fear. Heartbreak. Happiness.

Jake Nicholls is a florist with a past he would rather forget. He’s content spending his days helping people express their love with flowers. He isn’t looking for love.

When Max Christiansen walks into Pocket of Posies for help with his sister’s wedding planning, he isn’t expecting to find someone like Jake. Max is drawn to Jake but the
Hardcover, 2nd, 472 pages
Published May 28th 2019 by Swords & Roses Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Paper Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Flowers

Start your review of Paper Flowers (Fragile Love #1)
Sydney Hawthorn
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book. I cannot begin to explain the love I feel for this book.

Sweet, hysterical, heart-wrenching, infuriating, yet beautiful are just a few of the many thoughts that come to mind. <3

Barr does a fabulous job of building believable relationships; diving into the angst of Max and Jake's pasts in a slow, realistic, and memorable way. Love is not easy, and exposing yourself to another when you feel you can expose things to yourself can be hard, but this story does a beautiful job of taking
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake and Max's love story is at times sweet and frustrating. The pacing is slow throughput as Barr explores every rough patch possible between the two lovers, going in-depth in their developing communication issues and solutions, and exploring the past that shaped each man. Written in present tense with a strong tendecy toward telling instead of showing, it feels more like a narrator telling the story than most third person books. It took me a little while to get used to it, but it's consistent ...more
Allison Rose
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a weekend. I just had to. The characters pulled me in from the start. They are all so real and flawed, and the love story between the main characters is just beautiful.

I also loved the attention to details with the meanings of the flowers. Super romantic!

This book is perfect for those who like their romance with a bit of steam and tons of charm.

I will be looking forward to the next one!
Margaret Adelle
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very rarely say that I "couldn't put it down" in reviews, but this story had me hooked. I was nervous going in (m/m romances written by women have a high risk of fetishizing) but the romance between Jake and Max was adorable from start to finish. The way both grow as a result of the relationship, while still screwing up occasionally, was realistic and heartfelt. The tender moments were swoon worthy and the sex scenes were respectably vague and focused on the romance.

I loved the meta
Caffeinated Fae
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3 1/2 Caffeinated Stars

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I was looking forward to reading this book. I don't read many M/M romances, so I was excited to jump into this book.

Something that I love is the characters, and this book is full of them. I found myself engaged in the book & I loved the interaction between all of the characters. Jake & Max were an adorable couple, and I rooted for them throughout
Kirsten Krueger
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a heart-wrenching and heart-warming story of two men who haven’t had the best luck with romance. The author develops these two characters and their lives so well; I loved them both individually before the romance even began. Both men make mistakes that are not easily forgiven, and it gives the story a very realistic feel. All the side characters were great, as well! If you like romance and tragic backstories, you’ll probably enjoy this book!
BookCollector
Mar 15, 2018
Darina
Mar 21, 2018
Andie Barr
May 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: lgbtq-reads
Lucía
Tina
Modertheresa
Dec 06, 2019

• Feylin (The Inner World, #0)
  • A Stolen Soul: A Norse Mythology Epic Fantasy (Elf Blood Book 0)
  • Hawthorne and Hedge
  • The Shadow Witch (Keepers of Magic, #2)
  • The Deep
  • The Curse of the Black Cat
  • The Supremacy Witch (Keepers of Magic, #1)
  • Deviation (The Sophisticates, #1)
  • Odile, Legend of the Black Swan (Enchanted Lands, #2)
  • Then Came Darkness
  • Be a Super Awesome Photographer
  • Villager (Quelmirian Duology, #1)
  • Way of the Wolf: Ascension (The Wulvers, #1)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
  • The Book Charmer (Dove Pond, #1)
  • The Scavenger
  • Fairest
  • Heritage (Age of Valor #1)
I've been writing since I was 10 and one of my primary school teachers told me I had a talent for it – the first time somebody had ever told me something like that (Mrs Lloyd, wherever you are, thank you!). I used to write only the fantasy and science-fiction genres but as I've gotten older and varied my tastes in fiction, I've also turned to the romance genre.

One thing you need to know about me: