Start by marking “Truths I Never Told You” as Want to Read:

Truths I Never Told You

“Fans of Jodi Picoult and Kristin Hannah now have a new go-to author.” —Sally Hepworth, bestselling author of The Secrets of Midwives

From the bestselling author of The Things We Cannot Say comes a poignant novel about the fault in memories and the lies that can bond a family together—or tear it apart.

With her father recently moved to a care facility for his worsening
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Graydon House

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 14, 2020
    Enter to win 1 of 50 Advanced Reader Copies of Truths I Never Told You by Kelly Rimmer!

With her father recently moved to a care facility for his

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 2934 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 15 - Jan 31, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Truths I Never Told You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truths I Never Told You

Start your review of Truths I Never Told You
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I think this might be a better fit for readers who really enjoy "mysteries" written in the vein of Liane Moriarty in the sense that the focus of the story is less on the payoff of the suspense and more on the relationship between characters in the home. TRUTHS I NEVER TOLD YOU is a domestic mystery that revolves around three women: Beth, Maryanne, and Grace.

Beth's father is suffering from cognitive decline due to complications from illness
    Katie B
    Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is the type of story that I felt a personal connection to but that might not be the case for every reader. I thought by far the strength of the book was how the author dealt with the topic of depression, specifically postpartum depression. I maybe had other issues with the book but the realistic portrayal of women battling depression made this a worthwhile read for me.

Beth Walsh dreamt of becoming a mother but now that she has a newborn, she has found she is struggling to adjust.
    Sally Hepworth
    Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    ANOTHER SURE FIRE HIT FROM KELLY RIMMER
    Jen
    Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kelly Rimmer has firmly cemented herself as one of my favorite authors. Her newest was another emotionally gutting tale, beautifully woven and completely relatable. She weaves dual timelines and multiple viewpoints seamlessly. In Truths I Never Told You, she perfectly captured the stigma of mental illness and the progression of the mental health field from the 1960’s until today. While we’ve come a long way, we still have work to do to end the stigma and that is perfectly reflected in this book. ...more
    Jamie beauty_andthebook_
    As I've said time and time again, Kelly Rimmer found her way into my heart when I first read Before I Let You Go and when I read The Things We Cannot Say, she permanently cemented her place on my favorite author list. I have always been in awe of Rimmer's talent to write across a variety of genres and excel in each genre. In Truths I Never Told You, we have a mix of contemporary and the 1960s as our dual timelines and the subject in question is postpartum depression.

Rimmer creates characters
    Vanessa Carnevale
    Bravo! Kelly Rimmer is an author to admire. She has a knack for weaving poignant and compelling stories that don’t shy away from tough topics. Filled with twists and turns that pull on the heartstrings, readers who love stories about family secrets will devour this one.
    Genevieve Trono
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Last year I was introduced to author Kelly Rimmer by one of my book reviewing friends. I devoured The Things We Cannot Say and was blown away by Rimmer' ability to share multi-faceted characters that felt so real and raw while also diving into a heartbreaking part of our not so distant history.

I loved the dual storylines and how they wove together and kept me guessing until the end. Rimmer captured the power of sharing our stories while also reminding us that many people have a history we might
    Nicola Marsh
    A wonderfully poignant story that had me curled up on the couch turning pages rapidly to finish it.

A dual timeline story told from three POVs: Grace, Beth and MaryAnne, covering relevant and heartbreaking topics that affected women across the years.

A lovely story of family, support and learning to depend on those we love.

Recommend!
    Nancy
    Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is a very well written book that tackles some very difficult issues. One of the issues is far too polarizing, hence, I will not discuss it since it also would be a spoiler.

The issues at the center of the story are post partum depression, aging parents, and relationships. I found the story to perfectly align with addressing the issues at hand. A very adept writer, as Rimmer clearly is, is able to seamlessly allow the characters to develop and interact with one another while allowing a story
    Katie Farnsworth
    Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Wow, I absolutely loved this. Sensitive, emotional, heart-wrenching. I love Kelly Rimmer's writing as she always delves into big themes and explores them with rawness, heart and truth. I still very emotional right now so don't feel I can do this review justice yet...will update soon.
    Debbie
    Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This book deals with some serious subject matter and the author does a good job. There are two storylines dealing with postpartum depression and the effects on the family. Kelly Rimmer tackles this issue with highlighting two different time periods and how times have changed. This is a character driven novel with a family mystery that needs to be discussed for the family to move forward and heal. #TruthsINeverToldYou #KellyRimmer #NetGalley
    Kimberly Mussell
    Thank you @this_is_edelweiss for this amazing piece of art. Such a beautiful story that will definitely pull at your heartstrings.
    Ellen
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    I received this book "Truths I Never Told You" from NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own. Although I liked some of the authors other books, this one didn't do it for me. I almost DNF this one. It took a long time to get into this book. I felt bored in the beginning but then it picked up a bit. I wanted more of Patrick's story. The book just didn't feel complete.
    Bobolinks

• The Family Upstairs
    • The Dilemma
    • Please See Us
    • Invisible Boys
    • The Wicked Redhead (The Wicked City #2)
    • Unfollow: A Journey from Hatred to Hope
    • Know My Name: A Memoir
    • The Clergyman's Wife: A Pride and Prejudice Novel
    • Dear Edward
    • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
    • The House of Brides
    • Saint X
    • Big Lies in a Small Town
    Kelly Rimmer is the USA Today bestselling women’s fiction author of five novels, including Me Without You and The Secret Daughter. Her most recent release is Before I Let You Go. She lives in rural Australia with her husband, 2 children and fantastically naughty dogs, Sully and Basil. Her novels have been translated into more than 20 languages.