Start by marking “Net Force: Dark Web” as Want to Read:
Net Force: Dark Web

Net Force: Dark Web

The return of the cutting-edge thriller series Net Force, created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik and written by Jerome Preisler.

The number one threat to our nation’s security is in cyberspace. The new US president wants to tackle the urgent problem head-on and launches a top secret line of defense: Net Force. But before the organization can be announced, the country is hit by
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by Hanover Square Press

To ask other readers questions about Net Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Net Force

Start your review of Net Force: Dark Web
Donna Hines
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
As an avid reader I normally zip through books in one day. This bugger took me two days and I haven't really left with much more than I began as it was extremely difficult to connect to the plot or the characters.
It's one of those multi character, multi plots, with plenty of action but not enough substance.
A slow exhausting and draining reveal that leads to a host of bogus and illegal action which then leads to chemical warfare and multi vehicle accidents.
I'm not sure what more
Mike
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Net Force: Dark Web is a lengthy novel (almost 700 pages) cursed with a complex, multi-faceted plot. With all of the plot points on so many different fronts it develops very slowly. Along with much less character development than I would have liked to see this makes the first-half of the book slow moving and tedious at times. The second-half moves much faster. There’s much more action and it becomes much easier to turn pages despite still having a difficult time identifying with any of the chara ...more
Alyson Stone
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Book: Net Force: Dark Web
Author: Jerome Preisler
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Hanover Square Press, for sending me an ARC.

I am actually really upset with myself that I didn’t like this one as much as I thought I would. I mean, this isn’t a genre that I normally read and I thought it would do me some good to venture out. The summary sounded great and I know a lot of people are big fans of this series. Sadly though, this just didn’t do it for me.
J.R. Ripley
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an advance copy of Net Force: Dark Web while at ThrillerFest this past summer. I had no idea what to expect. I started reading it in the airport waiting for my flight home and couldn’t stop. Over the course of the next few days, I devoured this 700-page thriller. I was floored. Moving quickly and deftly across continents, the novel spins an amazing story filled with believable characters, situations and their consequences, good and bad. Jerome Preisler is truly an amaz ...more
Tessa Pulyer
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Net Force: Dark Web, created by Tom Clancy and written by Jerome Preisler, is a technothriller set in the year 2023. Terrorists have figured out how to use unprotected smart products to commit their acts of terror against the United States. The president, foreseeing this inevitability, has been trying to form Net Force, a cabinet-level security force that uses the most advanced technology to protect us from such attacks. On the day and in the place that the president is announcing this new secur ...more
Tessa Pulyer
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anthony
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Review

An exciting relaunch of a series co-created by icons Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik, Net Force: Dark Web is an exciting thriller that keeps readers on the edge of their seat throughout the entirety of the novel. Full of action from the book’s first pages, the story is equal parts narrative and character development, giving readers plenty to engage with throughout the novel.

Employing the same beloved military action, espionage and thriller aspects of any good Tom Clancy nov
gwendalyn _books_
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

Net Force, is an intense, and suspenseful psychological thriller novel that immediately drew me in and held my interest right until that shocking and action-filled ending. This book was so entertaining and extremely hard for me to put down. I raced through this one!

The return of the cutting-edge thriller series NET FORCE, create
Patricia Romero
The first thing you need to know is this book is about 700 pages long! There are multiple characters, plots, sub-plots concerning our nation's cyber safety.

The President wants to go full out on Net Force, believing we are or will soon be under attack by hackers looking to implant malware and basically cause chaos.

For me, this was a tedious read. Most of the operations were illegal but no one seemed to mind. The hunt for who was hacking and the brain behind it was exhaust
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I DNFed at 60% of the book I thought that it was going to get better. I just couldn’t get into it. I know that there are other that will like this book but it just wasn’t for me. I thought that it was a bit tedious at points.

* I recieved this book from HQN books in exchange for an honest review*
CR
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't to sure what I was going to get out of this novel. But I am really glad that I picked this one up! This was stellar! It might be on the longer side but I flew though the pages in a day!! I loved the fast pace of the story and all the characters were wonderful. I am thinking that this is based on a tv show or something. And if it is I will totally have to check it out.
Nicki
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full out action packed book. Several threads of separate stories that are pulled together to make an amazing story. Each separate story line is interesting but added the rest makes a book that is impossible to put down. Excellent!
Michelle Olms
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Jen
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so long. I mean, I think it could have been a bit shorter and still have been just as exciting. It was a little confusing at times, but overall I liked it.
Beth
I received this ARC copy of Net Force: Dark Web from HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing - Hanover Square Press. This is my honest and voluntary review. Net Force: Dark Web is set for publication Nov. 26, 2019.
Ron Frampton
BOOK REVIEW⠀
BOOK: Net Force: Dark Web
AUTHOR: Jerome Preisler
#JeromePreisler

This might be the first book in awhile that I have had difficulty reading. I don’t really enjoy some spy novels but I thought I would give this a chance. And honestly, my head is still reeling from the complexity of this book. I couldn’t keep the characters straight and it was just a struggle to get through. I hate having negative things to say about a book, but I really struggled to enjoy th
Riann
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read with a huge cast of characters with an international scope. I really enjoyed the technological aspects of the story from future technologies to the intricacies of cyberhacking. It helped that there was a set of core characters on which to focus. I would definitely read future books set in this thrilling universe!
Monica

• The Family Upstairs
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • Love Lettering
  • The Borgia Confessions
  • In Cold Chamomile (A Tea and Read Mystery #3)
  • The Last Affair
  • Western Civilizations: Vol. 2, Fifteenth Edition
  • The Ship of Dreams: The Sinking of the Titanic and the End of the Edwardian Era
  • The Triumph of the Sun (Ballantyne, #5; Courtney, #12)
  • Vicious Circle (Hector Cross, #2)
  • Pinnacle Event (Ray Bowman, #2)
  • Assegai (Courtney, #13)
  • The Quest (Ancient Egypt, #4)
  • Lincoln's Last Trial Young Readers' Edition: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency
  • Moving Forward: A Story of Hope, Hard Work, and the Promise of America
  • First Cut
  • Hemingway Deadlights: A Mystery
  • Death with Dostoevsky
Jerome Preisler is the prolific author of almost forty books of fiction and narrative nonfiction, including all eight novels in the New York Times bestselling TOM CLANCY'S POWER PLAYS series.

His latest book is NET FORCE:DARK WEB (November 2019), the first novel in a relaunch of the New York Times bestselling series co-created by Tom Clancy. Forthcoming in May 2020 is the enovella NET F