Start by marking “Net Force: Dark Web” as Want to Read:
Net Force: Dark Web

Net Force: Dark Web

(Tom Clancy's Net Force #12)

The return of the cutting-edge thriller series Net Force, created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik and written by Jerome Preisler.

The number one threat to our nation’s security is in cyberspace. The new US president wants to tackle the urgent problem head-on and launches a top secret line of defense: Net Force. But before the organization can be announced, the country is
Published November 26th 2019 by Hanover Square Press

To ask other readers questions about Net Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Net Force

Start your review of Net Force: Dark Web
Sean Peters
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was my first book from a publisher widget, the publishers added they felt this was my type of book.

So firstly thank you to the publishers, and of course Net Galley, and the publisher.

Next I apologise, as I appreciate being offered this book, but a first book that I tried to read but had to give up, I tried very hard to keep going, eventually I had to give up.

The return of the cutting-edge thriller series Net Force, created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik and written by Jerome Preisler,
Donna Hines
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
As an avid reader I normally zip through books in one day. This bugger took me two days and I haven't really left with much more than I began as it was extremely difficult to connect to the plot or the characters.
It's one of those multi character, multi plots, with plenty of action but not enough substance.
A slow exhausting and draining reveal that leads to a host of bogus and illegal action which then leads to chemical warfare and multi vehicle accidents.
I'm not sure what more I can tell you as
Mike
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Net Force: Dark Web is a lengthy novel (almost 700 pages) cursed with a complex, multi-faceted plot. With all of the plot points on so many different fronts it develops very slowly. Along with much less character development than I would have liked to see this makes the first-half of the book slow moving and tedious at times. The second-half moves much faster. There’s much more action and it becomes much easier to turn pages despite still having a difficult time identifying with any of the ...more
Paige Green
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgalley. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Author: Jerome Preisler

Rating: 2/5

Publication Date: November 26, 2019

Genre: Thriller (?)

Recommended Age: 18+ (terrorism, cyber attacks, frightening things and slow pacing)

Publisher: Hanover Square Press

Pages:704

Amazon Link

Synopsis: The number one threat to our nation’s security is in cyberspace. The new US president wants to tackle the urgent problem head-on and launches a top secret line of defense: Net Force. But
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was the first book I have read by this author. I enjoy a good spy/action thriller, but I found the book very hard to follow because of all the different story lines and characters.

I also found it difficult to understand with all the technical computer terms used throughout the book.

The writing style was different and it took a while to get used to. It made for slow reading and on a book with over 700 pages, was difficult to keep reading.

If you’re into hi-tech thrillers, this might be your
Alyson Stone
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Book: Net Force: Dark Web
Author: Jerome Preisler
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Hanover Square Press, for sending me an ARC.

I am actually really upset with myself that I didn’t like this one as much as I thought I would. I mean, this isn’t a genre that I normally read and I thought it would do me some good to venture out. The summary sounded great and I know a lot of people are big fans of this series. Sadly though, this just didn’t do it for me.

I found the
Anthony
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Review

An exciting relaunch of a series co-created by icons Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik, Net Force: Dark Web is an exciting thriller that keeps readers on the edge of their seat throughout the entirety of the novel. Full of action from the book’s first pages, the story is equal parts narrative and character development, giving readers plenty to engage with throughout the novel.

Employing the same beloved military action, espionage and thriller aspects of any good Tom Clancy novel and
Lauren James  (storied.adventures)
Full review on my blog, Storied Adventures

Likes: Writing was well done. Plot was interesting. HIVE with Audrey Hepburn’s voice as she simulates a very real seeming virtual reality. The plot seemed so real! A cyber threat is really scary. The fact that a terrorist group could potentially take control of our devices, is terrifying.

Dislikes: It was very slow. It didn’t pick up until over half way through the book. I also didn’t connect with any of the characters.
J.R. Ripley
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an advance copy of Net Force: Dark Web while at ThrillerFest this past summer. I had no idea what to expect. I started reading it in the airport waiting for my flight home and couldn’t stop. Over the course of the next few days, I devoured this 700-page thriller. I was floored. Moving quickly and deftly across continents, the novel spins an amazing story filled with believable characters, situations and their consequences, good and bad. Jerome Preisler is truly an ...more
Tessa Pulyer
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Net Force: Dark Web, created by Tom Clancy and written by Jerome Preisler, is a technothriller set in the year 2023. Terrorists have figured out how to use unprotected smart products to commit their acts of terror against the United States. The president, foreseeing this inevitability, has been trying to form Net Force, a cabinet-level security force that uses the most advanced technology to protect us from such attacks. On the day and in the place that the president is announcing this new ...more
Crystal
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was really excited to see this story available from HQN for review. I’d been reading a lot of romance lately and needed a break. I thought this thriller would be it, unfortunately it was not. I couldn’t really get into the story. It was confusing at times, with all the subplots and characters. I’d have to keep going back to find out which characters were with what subplot. You’re lead through so many dark alleys, countries, and streets in each different one that I felt I should have made a map ...more
Nancy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Technothriller That Could Happen Today

A devastating cyberattack cripples the US just as President Focillo is set to announce the creation of a cabinet level group, Net Force, to deal with the cyberthreats posed by all the non-secure device in the US. She knows that the nation’s number one threat will undoubtedly come from cyberattacks, but she has not been able to persuade Congress or the skeptical intelligence agencies of the seriousness of the threat.

This is a very detailed look at
gwendalyn _books_
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

Net Force, is an intense, and suspenseful psychological thriller novel that immediately drew me in and held my interest right until that shocking and action-filled ending. This book was so entertaining and extremely hard for me to put down. I raced through this one!

The return of the cutting-edge thriller series NET FORCE, created by Tom
Tessa Pulyer
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teri
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
In a time when cyber security is at risk and notices of hacks are world wide we get a book by these authors. I got this book because I saw the authors and just knew I would love the book. Fr some reason I had a hard time getting into it. I mean I love the thrills and chills, the hunt, the twist, but there are so many sub characters who are important to the story that I kept getting lost. There is a ton of action and little details which need to be tracked to stay on top of it all but it was ...more
Laney Estel
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
BOOK REVIEW
BOOK: Net Force: Dark Web
AUTHOR: Jerome Preisler
#JeromePreisler

This might be the first book in awhile that I have had difficulty reading. I don’t really enjoy some spy novels but I thought I would give this a chance. And honestly, my head is still reeling from the complexity of this book. I couldn’t keep the characters straight and it was just a struggle to get through. I hate having negative things to say about a book, but I really struggled to enjoy this book. Please don’t shoot the
Becki
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Tech can be hard to write about understandably. I'm not tech-y, but thought I understood a lot of the tech scenarios in this book. They were explained clearly. I'm sure this is the first of a series, though, as there were a lot of unanswered questions and loose ends by the end of the book.

I wish this book had focused a bit more on just a few characters, instead of some of the brief intros of the experiences of some, without making them an actual character in the storyline. I kept reading in
Patricia Romero
The first thing you need to know is this book is about 700 pages long! There are multiple characters, plots, sub-plots concerning our nation's cyber safety.

The President wants to go full out on Net Force, believing we are or will soon be under attack by hackers looking to implant malware and basically cause chaos.

For me, this was a tedious read. Most of the operations were illegal but no one seemed to mind. The hunt for who was hacking and the brain behind it was exhausting and predictable.

I
Annarella
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An action packed, fast paced, gripping and entertaining novel that kept me on the edge till the end.
I loved the well crafted and engrossing plot, the well thought cast of characters and the solid mystery.
It's the first book I read in this series and won't surely be the last.
It was a fun read, highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I DNFed at 60% of the book I thought that it was going to get better. I just couldn’t get into it. I know that there are other that will like this book but it just wasn’t for me. I thought that it was a bit tedious at points.

* I recieved this book from HQN books in exchange for an honest review*
Riann
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read with a huge cast of characters with an international scope. I really enjoyed the technological aspects of the story from future technologies to the intricacies of cyberhacking. It helped that there was a set of core characters on which to focus. I would definitely read future books set in this thrilling universe!
CR
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't to sure what I was going to get out of this novel. But I am really glad that I picked this one up! This was stellar! It might be on the longer side but I flew though the pages in a day!! I loved the fast pace of the story and all the characters were wonderful. I am thinking that this is based on a tv show or something. And if it is I will totally have to check it out.
Nicki
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full out action packed book. Several threads of separate stories that are pulled together to make an amazing story. Each separate story line is interesting but added the rest makes a book that is impossible to put down. Excellent!
Michelle Olms
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Jen
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so long. I mean, I think it could have been a bit shorter and still have been just as exciting. It was a little confusing at times, but overall I liked it.
Bookclubbish