Jump to ratings and reviews
The day I went to the courthouse with a gun in my bag, I thought the end of my life would be the end of my suffering.
No more pain or fear, just bliss.
Quiet.
Dark.
Then I woke up in a hospital bed with his eyes staring into mine, and I was lost.
He's charged with protecting me.
I shouldn't tempt him, but he makes me wicked.
The more he pushes me away, the harder I cling.
But when the darkness surges back in a way I never thought possible, I'm ready to let it take me.
Only now, he's decided he's not letting go.

This is a romantic suspense novel containing themes that may not be appropriate for all readers, including sexual assault and suicide.

Published July 9, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Riley Ashby

13 books82 followers
Riley Ashby lives in the American Midwest. She eats entirely too much tofu and owns just the right number of cats. She enjoys reading and writing anything romantic, be it dark and suspenseful or light and fluffy - always with a Happily Ever After.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (3%)
1 star
1 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews
Profile Image for Riley Ashby.
Author 13 books82 followers
July 12, 2019
Bishop is LIVE!

Bryce Archer has a beard, tattoos, and a secret he wants to keep hidden. Oh, and a bit of a Daddy kink.

Would you like to meet him?

Buy today from your favorite retailer: https://books2read.com/u/m2PkLR

Profile Image for TinaMarie.
3,408 reviews30 followers
August 20, 2019
Josie was kidnapped and forced to become a sex slave, after she was freed she attempted suicide on the courthouse steps in front of her tormenter. She survives but must face a lot of physical and emotional therapy to recover.

Archer was a former FBI agent let go betraying his country, he was hired to protect Josie from both her captors and herself. She has a long rode to recovery, but his quiet authoritative ways anchors her. Archer knows it's wrong to be so attracted to his charge but her natural submissive nature calls to that side of him. His attempts at keeping her at a distance, confuse and hurt her. While he thinks she's using him as a substitute for her former captor, she just wants to feel in control of her own body and choices. He spends a good chunk of the story in denial not only about Josie but his former job and doing the push me, pull you thing with Josie.

These two have a rocky road, which isn't helped by her running off when she knows there's someone out their sending her creepy, mysterious notes. That part of the story didn't really fit for me, but I did love seeing all the other characters from the previous books and their chemistry was amazing once the tossed out the mental garbage.

I received an ARC copy and am voluntarily leaving a review. That said I expect any editing issues will be resolved before publishing. More of my reviews can be found at https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/

This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Flo₂₂.
1,141 reviews78 followers
May 9, 2020
At first i rolled my eyes, i didn't want another book about a woman saved from a sex ring
especially right after finishing reading the first 2 books in this series, but, i must say this book was really amazing, those 2 had such a unique character , and i didn't aspect it at all, i was beautiful surprised 🤩😍😍
Archer was FIRE, i liked him, and i liked his way to be in all the book, he was such a rough guy but at the same time so caring ! and i liked her too, even tho she had been trough hell she was strong, and had her chin up, yaay , finally a girl like that! she knew how to keep him head.

I really enjoyed this read, only 1 thing i didn't understand, the club scene... i don't want to give spoilers but.... wth? why? they didn't even discus what happened there,why a girl?

anyway, i can't wait to read the next book
399 reviews
August 21, 2019
Third book in a series, and I loved it! Although I worried about the intensity of Josie and Archers relationship, I think I can understand how connected their feelings are. Josie is a victim of a horrible sex slave trade. She attempts to kill herself, but something goes terribly wrong. Archer takes a job as a bodyguard to protect Josie from herself. I was surprised at the threat to Josie. Plus, I really had a hard time with what happens to them when their back together during Josie's rescue. Like that would really happen in real life! I'd like to explain more, but don't want to give away any spoilers. I thoroughly loved this book and can't wait for the next one!
September 12, 2019
The best Riley Ashby book to date! Josie and Archer are the most unconventional couple ever, but somehow make it through the worst of trials and tribulations. They made it when quite literally everyone was against them. A must read for the ages!! Can’t wait to read Knight next!! ♥️♥️♥️
Profile Image for Izzy.
28 reviews
January 21, 2021
Probably my favorite in the series so far. (The tiktok video that led me to the series makes a whole lot more sense now.😂 )
Profile Image for Pat Labrie.
400 reviews4 followers
July 8, 2019
This book is amazing. It continues right where book 2 ended. I wasn't a fan of a couple spots but overall a great read. Archer is a sexy and lovable character and Rosie is a woman who knows what she wants and won't take no for an answer. Can't wait for the next installment
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.