Start by marking “Finale (Caraval, #3)” as Want to Read:
Finale (Caraval, #3)

Finale

(Caraval #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  21,000 ratings  ·  3,749 reviews
This B&N exclusive edition includes a bonus chapter from Legend's perspective, fan art on the inside jacket, and a letter to Barnes & Noble customers.

Welcome, welcome to Finale, the third and final book in Stephanie Garber’s #1 New York Times bestselling Caraval series!

A love worth fighting for. A dream worth dying for. An ending worth waiting for.

It’s
Hardcover, B&N Exclusive Edition, 494 pages
Published May 7th 2019 by Flatiron Books

To ask other readers questions about Finale, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mari Yes, we would all like that. But the Fates being freed doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

·  21,000 ratings  ·  3,749 reviews

Start your review of Finale (Caraval, #3)
Stephanie Garber
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Tour Update: Bustle has just revealed all the stops for the Finale tour, along with the first chapter of the book! https://www.bustle.com/p/see-where-fi...

Update: My US publisher has just announced their preorder gift for Finale. They've created 1,500 Decks of Destiny and if you're a US resident you can get one. For more information check out their site: https://read.macmillan.com/promo/fina...

Update: Finale finally has an official summary! The one that's been up is from an early draft--and no longer accurate--so I'm really excited to share this new summar
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I refuse to die until I read this book and find out what the hell is Legend's agenda and that’s a THREAT
Chelsea Humphrey
"Every story has four parts: the beginning, the middle, the almost-ending, and the true ending. Unfortunately, not everyone gets a true ending. Most people give up at the part of the story where things are the worst, when the situation feels hopeless, but that is where hope is needed the most. Only those who persevere can find their true ending."

This is definitely a review I never thought I'd be writing. I've been fangirling over the Caraval series since an arc landed in my lap in 2016, and I h
Travel.with.a.book
Yes I've finished reading one of the best series of all time, and Stephanie is a HUUGEE stunner, she's absolutely fascinating and I enjoyed every aspect of the book, not even a single act didn't disappoint me! Finale is completely different from Caraval and Legendary it's just more enchanting but in a kind of way darker and alluring!!
The structure of Caraval World is so unique and brilliant that I wish I was living in it, all the details of the book are so wonderful and you can feel
Zainab
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
Man, I should not have kept my expectations this high :/
I was wayy too excited for this to come out. You know how hard it is to wait a whole year for a book- only for it to turn out to be garbage?
I refuse to believe this is related to the Caraval series. There was so much in the previous books and this one didn't have anything except for a LOT of cringey- very cringey- romance.
I think the author got wayy too carried away with her fans' request for more Legend and Tella. Sure I was o
jessica
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘a love worth fighting for. a dream worth dying for. an ending worth waiting for.’

i mean, i dont think i can describe this book any more perfectly than that - the blurb from the inside cover jacket. in essence, this is exactly what this story is. and i think many caraval fans will be pleased with this finale and find it worth the wait, as i do.

this isnt my favourite installment in the series, as it takes on a different pace and direction than the previous books, but its still unbelievably good. wh
Angelica
I am conflicted.

This book had so many flaws. But also, I kinda loved it? But also, maybe I didn't. Honestly, I have no idea wtf is going on.

With a title like Finale, I half expected this to be the greatest ending to a series ever written. It also didn't help my overinflated expectations that I had recently read Legendary for the first time and loved it. In the end, it was all a pretty anticlimactic end.

First of all, let it be known I am mostly here for these characters. The plot is n/>First
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
WHOS POINT OF VIEW IS IT THOUGH
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
“Occasionally, there are minutes that get extra seconds. Moments so precious the universe stretches to make additional room for them, and this was one of them. People don’t get pauses like these very often. Some people never receive them at all.”

The plot gets thicker and clearer in this finale. The Fates might not be what they seem. The characters may have to turn into their enemies to beat the odds stacked against them. This time the stakes are higher, the sacrifices greater, and game is no longer
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I am FINALLY sitting down to write this review. Ah! And what can I say? I love love loved it, just as I did the first two novels. Particularly because if you know me, you know I loved to be dragged through emotional mud. I want to worry to pieces about the characters, ship people I'm not supposed to ship, and fret over every choice they make. So, if you're a glutton for punishment like me, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this book.

Finale follows both of the Dragna sisters, and I part
Candace Robinson
After the ending of Legendary, I was praying to the skies that there would be a third book because the way the second one ended was not enough! And the games, oh how I do love the games!

This one is told from POVs from both Scarlett and Tella. Scarlett has always been my favorite but Tella was good too—even though she could be frustrating at times! There was too much back and forth going on with her, Legend, and Jacks! However, I think my heart called most to the devious little Jacks.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Eeeeeeek! I loved that ending so much.

It didn’t have quite so many shocking reveals as Caraval or Legendary, but it still held that aire of mystery and magic the previous two had.

I missed the game-like atmosphere but also felt the moving away from it truly showed the growth of our main characters. Things are much more serious now and it’s time to remember this is not a game.

Most of all, much of this story centers around unraveling the emotions and feelings of others and embracing one’s own tr
Stacee
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t think it’s a secret that I have loved every book of this series, so when I was approved for an arc, of course I dropped everything.

Scarlett and Julian were my favorites, so I was thrilled to get more of them in this story. Tella and Legend are something entirely different. I will admit to getting a slight bit irritated with their constant push and pull. Obviously I was just waiting for everyone’s HEA because the story unfolds just as it should.

Plot wise, it’s like
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, I actually loved this one! Thank goodness because I had already bought some special editions. Although, I’m not buying Fairyloot’s special editions as I didn’t love all of the books.

I love the signed poster under the BN dustjacket. I loved Legend and Julian and of course Tella and Scarlett. I loved the ending!!

Waterstones edition.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
She was the hero of her own story, and it was time to save herself from him.

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Tella won Caraval only to be left by legend on the steps of the temple. He broke her heart, hurt her deeply. But then a letter came and he promised her a price.
Night by night he visits her dreams, trying to make her stay with him forever. But only for a price.
But the fates came back to life, more vicious then ever. And secrets about her mother make everything even more complicated and chaotic.

T
Hamad
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

🌟 Do you know that student that used to sit in the back seat, was OK but at high school they suddenly had this glow up and got the highest marks?? Finale was that student for me!!

🌟 I wil
C.G. Drews
ok w o w I am just overwhelmed with all the feelings I have about this book!! Look, I won't lie: I am absolutely in love with Legendary. It definitely is my favourite of the trilogy and 10/10 did wholly take my soul with it's viciously gorgeous games and murderous love. And then here we have Finale to round it all off, and...that's a lot of pressure. There are spots I'm disappointed in? But over all it was the magical feast of wicked delight that I was waiting for.

...also I'm so freaking sad it's over...?
Nilufer Ozmekik
Five fantastic, riveting, Crimson and Legendary stars!
I had a marvelous time as I was enjoying my hours by turning the pages and capturing my mind inside Caraval series’ colorful, perfectly designed and depicted world which is Wonderland meets many fairytales! It’s a great combination of tragedies, urban legends, magic and lullabies!

I feel so sad the trilogy ended. Because I invested on the characters, mostly I enjoyed both of the love stories. As a heroine I loved Scarlett mor
Lucy Langford
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4****

“Hope is a powerful thing. Some say it’s a different breed of magic altogether. Elusive, difficult to hold on to. But not much is needed.”

Sorry for the delayed review! Like with the previous two books, the magic and illusions described are absolutely stunning. However, this book had a slightly darker tone than the first two books, with magic being used in a malicious way.

This book picks up two months after the second book where the malicious fates are about to wake up and/>“Hope
Sana
this was probably the best book in the entire series. Dante and Tella were a little cringey, but I love them. also, Jacks wasn’t all that bad tbh.... 😉😏

4.5 stars. This series was cute and fun; I’m going to miss it. 😥

——
I’m a whole ass hoe for Dante and I cannot wait to get more of him in this book 🥵🥵🥵😛😛😛
• Lindsey Dahling •
This thing is a disaster. It’s so poorly written and paced that I couldn’t ever decide if Stephanie Garber had too many ideas or not enough for this book.

Look, I’m perfectly willing to admit that I find Caraval to be barely tolerable and Legendary to be fine while everyone else in the world is bananas for them, so I’m probably the weird one.

Let me give you an example of what every page of Finale felt like to me:

Scarlett/Tella walk into the room and immediately notice and then describe to me the colors of the walls, ceiling, floor, lamps, picture fram
Katie.dorny
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I’ve read fan theories that would have made a better storyline than what this holds between its pages.
This was such a disappoint.

Any thrilling or intriguing aspect has vanished. This has turned into a sappy romance novel that I was absolutely not signing up for.

It’s bland, repetitive - pretty boys, damsels in distress - blah blah blah.

The only interesting section was the backstories regarding the fates.

The actual plot-line regarding the characters? Way too rushed and linear for w
Eliza
4.5 / 5 ~

Oh my freaking fruit-loops this was amazing! Part of me wants to cry and dance and sing — I’m going through too many emotions right now. This book, no, this series is phenomenal. As someone who adores stories/novels/plays revolving around magic, mystical characters, everything and anything forbidden … the Caravel series was an absolute delight.

And now because of how amazing this was, I’m going through a serious book withdrawal. So yay for me! Therefore, even though reading this was worth it
alana ♡
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Well my friends, the time has come and the games are over.

I'm going to keep this review relatively short because if you've read any of the Caraval books you already know that just about anything can be a spoiler. If you have not read the first two books read this review at your own risk.

Here's the thing, I wasn't expecting to love this more than Legendary, however, a 3.5 rating stings a little bit. Not that it's a low rating but it's more of a "meh" rating and I never
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
And here we are-the end. There’s just something so magical about this series that goes beyond the actual, well, magic. The words transport you. The world makes you so thirsty for more. The boys are just so addicting and drag you in, even if you don’t want to…and the relationships make you stay.

I wish I could say that I wasn’t as big a fool for this series as everyone else…but I am. I am so trash for it and I just can’t seem to
Colleen Houck
I loved this last book even more than the first two! It's full of suspense and romance and danger. If you're looking for a great summer series to pick up, you need to check out this one. Love these sisters!
Amy Risner

ARC provided by Flatiron Books in exchange for an honest review.

1) Caraval ★★★★
2) Legendary ★★★★

This review pains me to write because I was truly expecting a 5 star read.

I have always thought highly of this series. I loved how Caraval focused on a game and the actors within the game. I loved how Legendary expanded that world and introduced us to the Fates. I truly believe this series could’ve just been a duology; extend Legendary to be a slightly longer book, tie up some loose ends, and call it a wrap. I really don’t understand the point
R.F. Gammon
OKAY! I finally got to read the last 30 pages of this after returning it to the library and going on vacation in the middle of reading it (ugghhhh). So now it's time for an actual review!

Where even to begin?

I loved that the focus was back on Scarlett, and that she and Julian have an actual relationship in this one, unlike in Legendary, where I'm pretty sure they were only present to provide some background angst on top of Tella's foreground angst. I really, really did not like the
Sara
Finale is the conclusion to the YA fantasy, carnival, colourful Caraval series, and follows almost immediately on from the conclusion of Legendary. We find Tella, abandoned by Legend and mourning her apparent unrequited love, and we have Scarlett mooning after Julian who left to undertaking some ‘serious business’ for Legend. There’s also the threat of the released Fates, immortals bound by their desire to destroy and play hateful games with the citizens of Valenda.

My overall impression started
Katie
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the most part I really enjoyed this book, but I really wish we saw more of Scarlett in it. When I heard that it was in both their POVs, I was super excited and expecting it to be split about 50/50 between the two, but I want to say that around 75-80% of it was Tella and I just really wanted more Scarlett. I think her chapters were more interesting, and I felt that a lot of the stuff with Tella was a bit repetitive. Overall, I still really love this series and for the most part, I think it wr ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Finale (Caraval #3) by Stephanie Garber - Restarting November 1st 2019 84 93 Nov 18, 2019 10:45AM
[SPOILERS] "Finale" ending discussion 51 564 Oct 07, 2019 03:46PM
Final Round
3,449,646 Votes Cast

• Sorcery of Thorns
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Romanov
  • King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2)
Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by this page. I’m only on this site occasionally, so if you’d like to send me a message, please use the contact form on my website: http://stephaniegarberauthor.com.

I can also be found on Instagram, and I love connecting with readers. If you're looking for more information about my books, the most up to date news can be found on Instagram, but I also try to update my website on a regular basis.

Caraval (3 books)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
“Occasionally, there are minutes that get extra seconds. Moments so precious the universe stretches to make additional room for them.” 50 likes
“Most of my life, I’ve romanticized death. I used to love the idea of something being so tremendous that it was worth dying for. But I was wrong. I think the most magnificent things are worth living for.” 44 likes