Start by marking “The Tasty Treat (Nocturnals Early Reader)” as Want to Read:
The Tasty Treat (Nocturnals Early Reader)

The Tasty Treat (Nocturnals Early Reader)

In The Tasty Treat, Dawn the fox wakes up and goes looking for her friends, Tobin the pangolin and Bismark the sugar glider, to share a tasty treat—a pomelo! Using basic language, emerging readers are introduced to the Nocturnal Brigade.

Includes bonus pronunciation guide (Ages 4-6)

Themes include friendship, sharing, and problem solving.

Visit the Nocturnals World online to
Published October 1st 2019 by Fabled Films Press

To ask other readers questions about The Tasty Treat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tasty Treat

Start your review of The Tasty Treat (Nocturnals Early Reader)
Bookish Devil
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
'The Tasty Treat' is a simple and neat story about Dawn, a red fox who goes in search for her friends during the night in the middle of the woods. The author lays down the core theme of the story in an explicit manner, thus making it easier for a child to understand and take in the values. Brief information/facts about the nocturnal animals are given in the final few pages of the book. The illustrations were rich, vibrant, and colorful. Had the book been packed with a tad bit extra content, I ...more
Betty
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Nocturnals books are part of the Grow & Read Early Reader Program published by Fabled Films Press. “The Tasty Treat” focuses on the themes of friendship, sharing, and problem solving.

Dawn the fox wakes up one night (remember that they are nocturnal animals) and goes looking for her friends Tobin the pangolin and Bismark the sugar glider. Upon finding Tobin they are pleasantly surprised when Bismark drops a pomelo from a tree. The three friends have a tasty treat to share.

Each book in
Michelle Rodriguez
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from the Nocturnals! I have used their Grow & Read Level 2 books in my classroom before, and this Early Reader Level 1 looks like a great introduction book for the beginning of the school year. I’m always on the lookout for books that promote sharing so this is an especially welcome addition.
Jennifer Lee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My daughter is just starting to read on her own, and this book was great for her! She was able to work her way through the words while learning new ones. When she stumbled on pangolin, we were able to look at the glossary in the back to learn more about what a pangolin was. There were also plenty of cute pictures to help her understand what she was reading.
CR
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one I think would be great for early readers. I could read all the words and follow the story. I loved the artwork and the story was cute! I really think the extra stuff in the book would appeal to kids of all ages. Even I had fun with it! This would be a must read for all first time readers!
Kelley Blair
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little stories for early readers.
Katrina
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
An eclectic group of friends who geographically would live nowhere near each other and the only thing they have in common is being nocturnal? It just doesn’t work for me.
RBPL Staff
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Tasty Treat is a great introduction book to the friends Dawn, Tobin, and Bismark. Children will learn three types of nocturnal animals, and meet the friends.
LeeAnn
Jen
added it
Jan 17, 2020

• Pippa Park Raises Her Game
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Better Call Batman!
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4)
  • Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly!
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert
  • The Dinosaur Next Door
  • Fly Guy and the Frankenfly (Fly Guy, #13)
  • Prince Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #16)
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • 10 Reasons to Love a Whale
  • Let's Go for a Drive! (Elephant & Piggie, #18)
  • Batman Classic: Going Ape
  • Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War
  • We Are Displaced
  • Nothing to See Here
  • More to the Story
Tracey Hecht has written, directed, and produced for film. The American Booksellers Association chose the first book in her critically acclaimed middle grade series, The Nocturnals: The Mysterious Abductions, as a Kids’ Indie Next List pick.

In 2017, she expanded the series to include early reader books, so that families could share the reading experience together. In partnership with the New York