Start by marking “I Am Perfectly Designed” as Want to Read:
I Am Perfectly Designed

I Am Perfectly Designed

I Am Perfectly Designed is an exuberant celebration of loving who you are, exactly as you are, from Karamo Brown, the Culture Expert of Netflix's hit series Queer Eye. In this empowering ode to modern families, a boy and his father take a joyful walk through the city, discovering all the ways in which they are perfectly designed for each other.
Published November 5th 2019 by Henry Holt

To ask other readers questions about I Am Perfectly Designed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Perfectly Designed

Start your review of I Am Perfectly Designed
Hannah
A wonderful, beautifully illustrated children's book that is going to have a home in so many hearts regardless of whether or not it's an adage that has been done before.
Kyle
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book celebrating the wonderful bond of father and son. Smooth, delightful read aloud book.
Julie
There are too few books featuring dads and sons which are also diverse and inclusionary. This book celebrates how we are each perfectly designed the way we are. And... it showcases the bond between dads and sons.
Dannie Moore
Picked the book up based exclusively on the fact that it's Karamo. And was not even remotely disappointed. I can think of some parents who could use this story as a gift. Or really anyone.
Margaux
Did I know that Karamo had a picture books in the works??
No. I did not.

Just like every time we see him on Queer Eye, reading this book was like getting a warm hug from a friend.

The story is written in two perspectives: Jason, Karamo's son, is the primary voice. He reminisces and his father responds in bold print with heartwarming affirmations.

I loved the Easter egg of seeing The rest of the Fab 5 on the front and back pages of the book, in a crowd. I loved even more being able to read a
Sean
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great children’s book to let them know that they are wonderful & perfect just the way that they are. They are who they are, their bodies are just as they are, they have the abilities that they have and the people in their life as they should have them. Great for a child’s self confidence. They are perfectly designed. ...more
Megan E
This is a perfect book for any classroom setting because it teaches students that no matter how they look they are perfect just the way they which is what all children need to know. At the end of the book it gives information about the author as well as a picture of his own family.
Anthony
The back and forth conversation between a lad and his dad as they walk the city streets, and discuss all the things they have in common, and how even though things may seem different at times, they are both perfectly designed.
Nicole
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is another great gift for sons this season. I like that the book can be read by two people & that it is a great way to remind parents/guardians & children that their children are perfectly & wonderfully made.
Krista
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
A beautiful book told from the point-of-view of the son about how his father always tells him he's perfectly designed. I like that is was told from the son's POV and that he was in dialogue with his father.
Sara
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely DELIGHTFUL. The illustrations, the text, the message. So, so sweet.
Courtney Carson
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Attended a book signing with Karamo and his son. They read the book out loud, discussed the process in writing, and did a Q&A. Love them, love the message this book illustrates for all ages.
Raven Black
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
The telling is unique but the "you are perfect as you" has been done. Fun, bright illustrations
Che
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Illustration was amazing. Story, not so much.
Aaliyah
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BRAVO!
Such a beautiful book from the point of view of a African-American father and his son!
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every father needs to read this book to their sons. More importantly, every father needs to replicate this book with their sons (and daughters).
Austin Gullett
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A great little book about the power and joy of a parent-child relationship and its potential to motivate and empower children.
Bethany
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the way this was written.

A boy is talking to his dad through the whole book. Super cute and the pictures were beautiful, made the story even better ;)
Mary
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet story about loving yourself and father/son bonding.
Annese
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
So cute!
Brooklyn Cribdon (The Wild Library)
Super cute! The illustrations are adorable and I liked how the story was a conversation between father & son.
Andy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Am Perfectly Designed is an appropriate title for it is a perfectly designed book. Beautiful, important, valuable and poignant story.
Grab
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adorable father-son team up. Would be a sweet read if you ever needed to reassure your little one how much they're loved. The illustrations are so warm and inviting.
Libra
This story glimpses back at a moment of time when a father and his son are walking in New York City. The son asks his father various questions about the future. It seems like he is wondering about what it will be like. You see other New Yorkers out and about. Everyone is smiling. The mood is happy. The text is positive and promotes self-assurance. However it's the wonderful and pleasing to the eyes illustrations that make this story worthwhile for me. Any parent can bring this story home to ...more
Amanda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute, quick read that was made even better by hearing Jason and Karamo read it out for a live event! Love the little Fab Five easter eggs in the illustrations :)
Dylan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just attended a book event where Karamo and Jason read this aloud, so that upped my enjoyment.
Shakera
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sulwe
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • The Proudest Blue
  • Sofia Valdez, Future Prez (Questioneers Picture Book, #4)
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
  • The Space Walk
  • Ruby’s Worry
  • Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg's Call to Save the Planet
  • Finding Kindness
Karamo Brown is an American television host, reality television personality, psychotherapist, and activist. Brown began his career in 2004 on the MTV reality show The Real World: Philadelphia. He currently stars as the culture expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye.