Start by marking “Temple of Gold (Lenny & Lucas Adventure, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temple of Gold (Lenny & Lucas Adventure, #1)

Temple of Gold

(Lenny & Lucas Adventure #1)

A Marine questioning his orders.
An SAS soldier with a healthy disregard for authority.
Tales of slaves and temples in the Kampuchean jungle.

The First Lenny & Lucas Adventure

Lenny Cox joined the Marines to protect the innocent. The adventure was a bonus. So lying in the humid Southeast Asian jungle watching over a CIA supply drop is his idea of a good day out. That's u
Published May 8th 2019 by Jacaranda Drive

To ask other readers questions about Temple of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temple of Gold

Start your review of Temple of Gold (Lenny & Lucas Adventure, #1)
Ray
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm giving this average book a 3.5 because it was plausible. There were no super human, super agent actions or unrealistic escapes. I look forward to book two. ...more
Jeff Benham
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New series means we get to meet new characters. Lenny is US Marines, over in Cambodia, or is it Kanchanuburi to oversee a drop of humanitarian aid. Lucas is Australian SAS. The year is 1983 and we are in a cold war. What Lenny witnesses is General Tan (Is he even a general?) giving insufficient rations to sickly villagers he is using for slave labor and Cox is determined to find out what is going on. Lenny meets Lucas at an Australian/NZ memorial service for soldiers that died over in Turkey dur ...more
Lorraine
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AN AWESOME READ!!

I do believe, that I had already read this book, quite a long time ago. As always, with an A.J. Stewart book, it's just as an awesome read, the 2nd time around. This book, tells the reader, what Lenny did, as a young soldier. In a foreign land, he and his friend Lucas, save the lives of a small village. Had to chuckle over the shirts he buys near the end of the book! With palm trees and very Florida looking!!
Looking for an AWESOME adventure, this book is for you!!
Eric Ewing
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cracking great read!

I really hope that the author returns to this series. As great as his Miami Jones books are this was amazing. These young versions of the characters of Kenny and Lucas together are a treat. The book starts out intriguing but doesn't lag while setting up the particulars, and when it gets really up and running it moves! Many books have the word adventure in this title or subtitle but this one really delivers on that promise. I can't recommend it enough. Especially if you're alr
Debbi
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this first book in a new series by A. J. Stewart. It was interesting to see Lenny Cox, Miami Jones’ mentor, as a young man in 1983. It gave you insight into the kind of man he was. And Lenny and Lucas make a great team. They didn’t like what was going on, and took it upon themselves to rectify it as best they could. This was very well written and I’m looking forward to reading more about these two.
John Scheibelhut
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A limey and a jarhead walk into a bar.

I liked this story. A straight forward, believable, action story. Two military types get together and do something that just needed to be done.
Marcella
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Educational read

Enjoyed learning how Kenny and Lucas met. Also glad to learn more about that part of the world. A part that we, unfortunately, helped screw up... Why am I not surprised? Hope there are more adventures coming...
Philip
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lenny Cox

This story is a background for Lenny and Lucas! They are embroiled in South east Asia where there are no winners. This story shows the mess that area is in. The honorable people are few and far between. However, they work together to help people who have no hope!
Jody Patanjo
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Good...not great

I'll start by saying that this isn't my usual genre. It had an Indiana Jones feel to it but I really couldn't latch onto A character. The plot was good and the writing was tight. I just didn't get into it in the end.
Jim A
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
For people who have read the Miami Jones series, this is a good backstory to where Lenny Cox had his roots. If one has not read the Miami Jones series, this is just another adventure story. This one takes place in Cambodia in the early 80's. One Marine, Lenny, questioning his mission with CIA involvement and one Aussie, Lucas, working for the Australians. Their paths intersect and as expected they become buddies and co adventurers.

Quick read and as beach season will soon be upon us, I would cal
Hank Hicks
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a duo

Compassionate warriors join for a good deed to clear out a corner of the world. Smooth read in Stewart's style, like someone sharing a tale around the campfire.
Angela
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good adventure

I liked the whole story. The camaraderie of the guys and the budding romance with the women. The history of the area
c. skinner
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good plot

Believable would like to read more about thes two moves fast and good guys win and no tiger died
Bad guys were really bad
Raeshel
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting read

Interesting enough to keep you coming back for more. Young Lenny and Lucas are thoughtful characters. Looking forward to the next book.
james kinney
May 21, 2019
Renn Grisamer
Dec 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Lucky Break (Lucky John Adventures #1)
  • Rising Thunder (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #17)
  • Lucky Rascal (Lucky John Adventures #3)
  • The Forgotten Chase (Chase Fulton #9)
  • Rolling Thunder (Coastal Fury #1)
  • The Emerald Chase: A Chase Fulton Novel (Chase Fulton Novels Book 10)
  • Rising Spirit (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #16)
  • The Entangled Chase (Chase Fulton #6)
  • Palm Beach Bedlam (Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries Book 8)
  • Lost Key (Shark Key Adventures #1)
  • Wild Ocean (Tyson Wild Thriller #1)
  • Mango Road: A Mango Bob Adventure
  • The Polar Chase (Chase Fulton #11)
  • The Burning Chase (Chase Fulton Novels #12)
  • Mango Crush: A Mango Bob Adventure
  • The Devil's Chase (Chase Fulton #7)
  • Corruption in the Keys (Florida Keys Adventure #6)
  • Vigilant Charity: A Charity Styles Novel (Caribbean Thriller Series Book 5)
A.J. Stewart has lived in so many places it feels like he has a home team in every game he sees. Which explains why his wife begins any sports telecast with "who are going for today?" A.J. and his family currently spend their time in Los Angeles and South Florida, but stay tuned, anything could happen.

News & Interviews