Start by marking “The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)

The Living Canvas

(Master of Trickery Duet #2)

“Must be brave, stubborn, and impervious to the tempers of loved ones.”

The first line hissed with history.

“Hours are endless, pay is non-existence, quitting absolutely forbidden.”

The second line ached with truth.

“Able to function on no sleep, refrain from running when times get hard, and be more than just a living canvas but a lover.”

The third thrummed with honesty.

“Other
353 pages
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Living Canvas, please sign up.

Start your review of The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

Pepper Winters, you are the Master of Trickery. The Wizard of words. The Love Executioner... And I'm addicted to your writing, DAMN IT!!! 👏👏👏

📚 "𝗕𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵, 𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲.
𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝗲." 📚

The "Master of Trickery" duet is obviously in a league of its own! Utterly unique, unputdownable, undeniably epic, unquestionably outstanding! 💛
It was one big emotional roller coaster! From the moment I started, I couldn't stop, until the wee hours of the morning. 😱

📚 "𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲
Pepper Winters
Oct 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Master of Trickery is Available Now
Both Books are LIVE and the duet is COMPLETE!
Ready to binge read.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/30aQCh2
iBooks: https://app
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review to come later.. 🤗

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

I promised Pepper a spoiler free review and this won’t have spoiler but it will be so hard as the synopsis is super vague!

Plot wise I will only say that the book begins right where we were left in The Body Painter.

You recall that cliffhanger from hell? Where Olin’s fate was not looking good at all? Well this is the opening scene and I won’t say more about the plot as it would spoil something!

Let’s just focus on what this book made me feel and my thoughts about Gil.

What Gil did i
Radd Reader
“Where do I belong?
Easy. With him.
With the man who’d terrified me, sacrificed me, almost died for me.
With the boy who’d claimed me, loved me, protected me.
With the body painter who saw past my colours and painted his own upon my heart.”

Book 2 - you must read book 1 first.

Characters:
Olin: she grew up with parents who didn’t care about her life. She wasn’t physically abused, but she was severely neglected. Gil and dancing brought her happiness in her youth. Seven years have gone by and in boo
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
45697069._SY475_-1.jpg

This is the concluding part of the story and book one does need to be read first here.
So we start this exactly where we left things with that shocking finale and my heart was literally breaking for the sheer grief and betrayal that must have been running through Poor Orin with her current circumstances.
This was very much a lose-lose scenario for all involved and while on the one hand I kinda understood how we had arrived at this set of circumstances I still thought that Gil's decisions lacked co
Allyson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided through Netgalley and Xpresso Book Tours! **

This book was better than the first one in which Olin finally stood up for herself a little more. The one thing that made me want to strangle her was the fact she was so hurt about what Gil HAD to do to. I mean come on who wouldn't do the same thing he did. I liked the suspense in the beginning, I absolutely loved Olive. Justin was a great friend to them all. Gil poor poor Gil.. when all the secrets came out, I was shocked, crushed and s
SusanAhh
“Love painted in pain.”

“You’re a walking gift of pain, Gilbert Clark.” “And you’re the ultimate gift of redemption, Olin Moss.”

I recently read Pepper Winters blog and basically, she said that really did not like this duet which she wrote. I was baffled a bit by her statements regarding her own work. While she may feel this way, I personally am here to tell you that I truly loved this duet! I love the ideas, complexity, the eroticism and the struggle that the heroine and hero went through as a re
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fastest paced story by Pepper Winters which in itself is a big feat. She generally draws out the story in its full panorama of drama, angst, turbulent emotions with the full spectrum of actions and their consequences at an unhurried tread.
But here She changes the trot and the speed adds to the melodrama. Add to that an intoxicating journey of frustrating, unrequited love and you have pure concentrated dose of misery on your kindle.
"Our foundations were rotten and full of holes.
Our walls
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Painted Agony" Stars ⭐️
The Living Canvas concludes the amazing Master of Trickery Duet with the same burst of feels to the heart as its predecessor. While the first novel was very suspenseful and mysterious, this final installment is less action-packed, but played on my heartstrings with the same impact! Pepper Winters uses her refined, poetic writing style to translate the amalgam of emotions lived by Olin and Gil in the most powerful and heartrending way!

After the ending of The Bod
Milica's Bookshelf
Great conclusion to The Body Painter!
I enjoyed this love story so much more in this part.
Gil ♥♥♥
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 STARS

This is the conclusion to The Body Painter, and I couldn't wait for it!It picks up where the first one ended!It's full of emotions and I loved the suspense in this one and I also liked that it was fast paced!

"Love is misery. Lust is loss. Family is my failure."

Olin and Gil's story is emotional!My heart was aching!

Mirjam
May 12, 2019 marked it as 1-tbr  ·  review of another edition

“Must be brave, stubborn, and impervious to the tempers of loved ones.”
The first line hissed with history.

“Hours are endless, pay is non-existence, quitting absolutely forbidden.”
The second line ached with truth.

The third thrummed with honesty.

“Other attributes required: forgiving, opinionated, and not afraid to tell me when I’m wrong. Must also enjoy being touched and ki
Nadine Bookaholic
The Master of Trickery Duet is complete and oh what a ride we have been taken on, we were left with one heck of a cliffhanger at the end of THE BODY PAINTER and this book picks up right where that one left off. Olin Moss has always been the love of Gilbert Clark's life (and vise versa) even when everything was going so wrong in his life he always clung to his love for her but now his love is what might get her killed.

THE LIVING CANVAS is a fast paced dark romance that has you sitting on the edge
Egle (readingfreakquotes)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Love is misery. Lust is loss. Family is my failure."

What an emotional roller coaster this book was. It got my poor heart racing like crazy and at some point, I felt that I might not be able to take any more of Gil's pain.
He is so drenched in sorrow and badly cornered, it could be that he just fought his last battle and there is nothing else that could be taken away from him. He is destroyed beyond the repair.

All Gil's past is revealed to readers and we are given all the answers to explain h
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Master of Trickery Duet. Make sure you read book one The Body Painter first.

I was super excited to read this story. I loved book one but I felt the author pressed hard on the accelerator with this one. It’s a fantastic conclusion that I basically read in one sitting. I could not put it down.

Expect the unexpected with Pepper Winters. She is an incredibly talented author who will take you places you never knew existed. Can’t wait to see what she writes next.
Kerrie Campbell
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm thinking it's just me or I'm having an off day but I just couldn't stand it.
Honestly.
I have read so many Pepper winters books and Fucking loved them but this duet just couldn't deal.
I'm cringing and rolling my eyes because it was just to fucking darn Gushy...
The one thing I hate in books is the push and pull "go away" "oh no come back" Gah it's so Annoying.
I possibly would have rated it higher if it didn't have that freaking gushed up ending, I don't normally like rating books so low but I
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
I Don’t Know How I’d Fix You
*self-purchased. No need of sugar daddies called promo teams*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
The blurb to book two is basically book one’s blurb. It says nothing about what this book will truly be about.

Let me start of by saying how much I loved book one. I believed in this couple. I wanted them to get to places. I bought into their endless for one another. Apparently, this endless love was somewhat one-sided. That’s what th
Nikitasbookreviews
Pepper has once again knocked it out of the park and wowed me!
I’m seriously always amazed with her writing and her work and this one was no different!

This book was seriously amazing and once i got started i was completely sucked in! There were moments where i was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see what happened next!

This duet as a whole was simply amazing but book 2 definitely went to the next level! The suspense and all the words gahh I can’t even begin to say how much i loved every
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Books in Master of Trickery duet should be read in order:
Book 1: The Body Painter
Book 2: The Living Canvas

Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Love...the most terrible weapon of all."

His art is his pressure valve. When the pain and anger built up too much to handle the creativity was his outlet. Or, it used to be. Then it turned into survival. No longer could he follow his muse and see what developed, not since he painted himself into a corner that he couldn't escape. Are you wondering what kind of trouble he's gotten into? Well, I wish I could tell you, but it's a secret.

The author has blown my mind...again. Following her down da
AJ's book-reMarks
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the conclusion of The Body Painter, Master of Trickery Duet. While the first part is a little slow going the second is chock full of action and drama. You will not want to put it down for fear of missing something.

Would you answer this advertisement?

Must be brave, stubborn, and impervious to the tempers of loved ones.
“Hours are endless, pay is non-existence, quitting absolutely forbidden.”
“Able to function on no sleep, refrain from running when times get hard and be more than just a liv
talon smith
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
"Love...the most terrible weapon of all."

Well... in conclusion to this duet: I did not love this last book and I did not hate it. I feel like the author really rushed to get The Living Canvas out and the repetitiveness and the scenarios that we have already seen played out throughout the entire book... was just not needed. Too much rushing, not enough time tending to a more stronger plot line.

Pepper always has such emotional writing and this book really wasn't any different in that department. T
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Gilbert Clark and Olin Moss are back in the highly anticipated second book in The Master of Tricky series and believe me when I say you will not be disappointed! I have never read such stories that drag you fully into them and make you feel them deep within your soul. We begin right where the shocking cliffhanger left off in The Body Painter. Will Gilbert “Gil” be able to escape his past or will he finally show his true colors? Can Olin “O” save not only herself but Gil too and find out what he ...more
Jean
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I was so looking forward to this book after the major cliffhanger of book 1, and am sad to say I was completely disappointed. The beginning wrapped up a few things, but then I felt like the book just dragged on and on.....

Sorry, I normally love all books by Pepper Winters, but this one just fell flat for me.
Caroline
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pepper-winters

« Love… the most terrible weapon of all. » Pepper Winters has blown my mind again. Amazingly creative and masterfully written, The Living Canvas concludes the story of Gilbert Clark and Olin Moss. Please make sure to read The Body Painter first...

Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is a duet. Read The Body Painter first which ended with a cliffhanger.
Olin Moss has big dream to be a dancer but her plan was disrupted – she is emotionally and physically scar. Now living back home in England she is barely making rent so when an ad for a job came up she did not hesitate to apply. Said job is a living canvas…naked! What happened when she came face to face with her new boss Gil Clark aka the man who broke her heart seven years prior?
Second book, we will find out who Gil rea
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the book. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

If you have read the first book, then the second book is a must-read for it picks up immediately from where book one ends.

I thought The Body Painter was difficult to read.

I was wrong.

The Living Canvas had me in tears.

I'm not going to say much about it because I think it's difficult to do otherwise without giving it away. Suffice to say, The Living Canvas is a br
Kristy Odom
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hard! This book was amazing. No spoilers. Gil was a character that checked every box for me. His emotion bled thru the pages. Olive stole the light every time she was mentioned. She was an amazing character. Justin and Olin so selfless. As time moved thru the book you are so aware of the growth of each person. They came together to form a family. A family that stood by each other thru it all. You need to read this book! 💜💜💜💜💜
Lauren Luman
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 was better than book 1. It didn't feel as drawn out. Every page, every scene, seemed relevant and important. Overall, I enjoyed how thrilling and sexy these 2 books were. The connection between Olin and Gilbert is electric and soul-deep and the story arc was extremely unique. I also adored the bond between Gil and his daughter and Olin and his daughter.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
  • King of the Causeway (King, #9.5)
  • Obsessed (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive #3)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Dr. Dan
  • Husband (Betrothed #2)
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

She currently has thirty books released in nine languages. She’s hit best-seller lists (USA Today, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal) thirty-three times. She dabbles in multiple genres, ranging from Dark Romance to Coming of Age.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepp

Master of Trickery Duet (2 books)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)

News & Interviews