Start by marking “Marriage for One” as Want to Read:
Marriage for One

Marriage for One

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  34,737 ratings  ·  4,241 reviews
Jack and I, we did everything backward. The day he lured me into his office-which was also the first day we met-he proposed. You'd think a guy who looked like him-a bit cold maybe, but still striking and very unattainable-would only ask the love of his life to marry him, right? You'd think he must be madly in love.

Nope. It was me he asked. A complete stranger who had nev
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 520 pages
Published May 8th 2019 by Ella Maise (first published May 6th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Marriage for One, please sign up.
Ella Maise Hey Marsha! No, it hasn't been released yet. I'm thinking maybe around September? August? Hopefully. …moreHey Marsha! No, it hasn't been released yet. I'm thinking maybe around September? August? Hopefully. (less)

·  34,737 ratings  ·  4,241 reviews

Start your review of Marriage for One
Ayman
Oct 03, 2021 rated it liked it
3.75 ⭐️
ok hear me out…this was good it’s just…there was no plot in the slightest. it was like reading a diary tbh. i ain’t mad about it though

it’s dual pov and the book is literally

1.) marriage of convenience
2.) girl opens coffee shop and moves into guy’s apartment
3.) girl gets sick 🤕
4.) guy helps her through her sickness 🤧
5.) they fuck (finally; slow burn)🥵
6.) he has a secret 🤐 …
7.) she finds out his secret 😧…
8.) girl is angry 😡 for 1 chapter
9.) guy will not apologize for what he did bec
CristiinaReads❀
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
A slow burn romance that will have your toes curling for the unexpected, yet endearing love and passion that comes from Jack and Rose...

Let's begin this review by simply stating that Ella Maise is a hidden treasure that needs to be expanding more and more, and be cherished in the romance world. She already is but she needs more attention that's for sure because there is no denying that the true magic that flows from her words is something that is forever engraved in my heart and mind. Ella a
♥️Dev♥️ ~ Dark & Depraved Old Soul

💫Isn't it adorable when the man who secretly watched you playing with dogs last Christmas, save you from a horrible ex, buy you roses and make you pasta end up being your husband?

5 "Too Much Turtle" stars!!!

Jack Hawthorn, a cold hearted billionaire with no family, no girl
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

’MARRIAGE FOR ONE: Is a full length romance novel by author Ella Maise. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

Rose's dream since she was eighteen years old was to open up her own coffee shop, something that would solely be hers. But that dream was merely a pipe dream, just when it's nearly in her grasp it's ripped right out of her fingers.

Enter Jack: He can help her but it comes with strings attached. And this is where it all started. A loveless marriage of convenience between two strangers for two
Alex ♈
The words of the male protagonist pretty well summarize the storyline.

"I still couldn’t believe she had forgiven me without making me work for it more."
Ella Maise
Apr 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

I have a BIG SURPRISE for you that you really don't want to miss out on! Actually, kinda like a small Christmas gift from me to you. I wrote a little short story about Jack&Rose (an extra scene kinda thing that is pretty long).

I'll be sending it out to my newsletter subscribers in a few days. If you're missing Jack and Rose like I've been missing them, make sure you sign up before you miss your chance! You can sign up for my newsletter right here -->http://eepurl.com/dqRRkT

(Also, just in case yo
Bibi
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Full disclosure, I gave up at the 40% mark to take a nap (you make of that what you may). I would say the best thing about this book is that cover. My opinion, of course.
Christy
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

84AAD059_D00C_4114_85CA_46B3F9C764DA_IMG_8539

I’ve read one other book by Ella Maise, and since then I’ve always wanted to read more. This book has been recommended to me many times and I see why- It was such a great read. I love a good slow burn and the marriage of convince troupe!

Jack and Rose are complete strangers the day they meet, but Jack asks Rose to marry him. and because it would benefit them both in a big way, she says yes. At first they’re just married on paper, but with time, it becomes more.
“I want to
EmBibliophile [hiatus]
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars

"I want to be that person to you, rose. I want to be the person you lean on. You and I, we're the same. We have no one but each other. You'll lean on me and I'l do the same. We'll learn how. we're in this together..."

I think that this book was worth almost failing my exam for.

I was so looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately, i got it on the day before my final exam. I was like “i’m just gonna check it out. See if it’s good. Make sure that it’s worth the wait.” And you know wha
chan ☆
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
11/21/19: so damn glad i picked this back up on audio. the male narration was drool worthy and i grinned like an idiot the whole time i listened to this. SUPER slow burn, a lot of people will think it’s boring. but i adored it ❤️

10/24/19: on pause for now

coming to the sad realization that i can't just "read whatever" at the end of the year. and since this wasn't for a video, i'll have to come back to it.

this is a pretty slow moving book tho and it is quite lonf
Nikki ღ Navareus

I'm absolutely in the minority with this story, but I didn't completely love this one.

The way this started out felt fake and unbelievable. Jack proposing a fake marriage in order for Rose to get her coffee shop for a very short time, and Rose jumped at the chance. Her actions made her look superficial and material, but it got this MOC story started. Shortly after the marriage, Jack was distant towards Rose. Only giving her brief replies when she'd talk to him, leaving her alone for a while right
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Jul 13, 2021 rated it really liked it

🎧 2nd Read, Nov. 2021 — 3.75 Stars
📚 1st Read, July 2021 — 3.75 Stars

Oy, this is the more civilized, fluffy version of The Bad Guy by author Celia Aaron! Instead of kidnapping, you’ve got marriage of convenience; and, instead of Stockholm Syndrome, you’ve got forced proximity. Meanwhile, both have similar: ‘meet-cute’ (when the hero first sees the heroine) moment; type of gruff, stoic hero; and slimy, pervy ex-boyfriend/OM drama. In any case (and most importantly), it’s a grumpy/sunshine slow
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
3.5 stars! I was SO into this in the first half, but as the book went on it really started to drag and I'm SAD. I'm definitely still interested in reading more from Ella Maise because I truly was so into the tension between the characters, but the book as a whole just went on too long for me. Womp :( ...more
Jessica
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, how much does that cover model look like Sam Hueghan, aka Jamie Fraser from Outlander!? That caught my eye first. Then, when I read the synopsis and saw this was a marriage 0f convenience novel, I was willing to try this new-to-me author!

Rose thought she was going to marry the love of her life while completing her dream and opening her own coffee shop. Instead, she finds herself marrying a man she just met. Jack Hawthorne. Cold and stubborn, Jack offers Rose a business proposition she
Gabby
"I was Rose and he was Jack. We were doomed from the very beginning with those names. You know... the Titanic and all that." Ugh I honestly should've just DNF'ed this book after that cheesy as hell line but instead I tortured myself by finishing this. Apparently 2020 for me so far is the year of shitty 2 star reads. This story follows these people Jack and Rose who marry for convenience because she wants a coffee shop that was left to "her husband".

This story was slow and boring and I'm so tire
ellie
why did it take me so long to pick up this book??

i read three other books by this author back in mid-2020: To Love Jason Thorn, To Hate Adam Connor and The Hardest Fall, and thoroughly enjoyed all of them, but was hesitant to pick this one up. with the length, it’s a little intimidating for a contemporary romance. 350 pages is a maximum limit for me.

and this book is longggggg. like seriously long. probably longer than it needed to be, but i adored every minute of it, so i ain’t complaining. th
Kiki
***there may be unintended spoilers***

I think romance genre is where second to Facebook comment section one loses faith in humanity.

The premise of this book was NOT ok. Clearly that’s a personal opinion before people jump to strangle me. You who don’t share my opinion have clearly rated this book higher.

I found this premise disturbing. Why is it ok or acceptable for men to manipulate and then stage women’s life “for their own good”? And then praised by authors and readers. Same readers who wou
SHOMPA
What happens when a man who is emotional distance person falls for someone who is totally opposite from him, he even doesn't know it's love or obsession or just a blindsided crush. And the real question is, how far will he go to get her a little closer even if it's a lie?

SO....let see what's this story about 🧐:

Grumpy hero ✔️
Stalkerish main character ✔️
Old fashioned love ✔️
Talkative heroine ✔️
Fake marriage trope ✔️
Intense romance ✔️
Slow burn ✔️

It was really fun to see how the complex character o
Cas
Jan 16, 2022 rated it liked it
3.75⭐️

This was definitely slow burn. The first third of the book dragged too much. But after that, it was cute af.
The whole situation with the marriage was pretty ridiculous but damn don’t we all wish to just get it all at once?

Jack is your typical brooding, serious and always frowning but sexy af man that will do anything it takes to make his loved one happy. Honesty, I loved his chapters more, they had more character in them I think.

Rose surprised me in a good way. She wasn’t that shy, alwa
Olga therebelreader
5++++++ emotional stars!!

Ella Maise has done a fantastic job. There is no way to read this story and not feel a thing. I don't want to give much away but this book is about the strength of love. Despite deceit and hopelessness, love has an amazing power to heal.
Now this is honestly my first venture reading EM and I'm glad I did cause what excellent writing!
This book was emotional, heartbreaking, and had me on the edge of my seat until the very end. Jack and Rose’s love story was engaging and he
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
As much as I wish I could’ve loved this as much as everyone else seems to, the writing didn’t work for me and it was wayyy too long and repetitive.
em ♥
”The sweet smile on her lips that I had craved to be on the receiving end of for so long…
I was ruined.”

I fell in love with Ella Maise’s writing after reading The Hardest Fall last year. If you have been around enough, you know that already. Basically, because I couldn’t shut up about it. Dylan Reed and Ella Maise were one of my favourite surprises of 2018. It’s funny how this works sometimes, you pick a book by a new author and bang, you are suddenly certain you’ll pick up every book that comes
Caitlin
Sep 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jack and Rose own my whole heart. This book was so beautiful and so cute. The slowburn was so good and the tension between them was my favourite.

“I’d share my door with you any day, Jack Hawthorne.” His brows dipped together. “What are you talking about?” “If you’ve never seen Titanic, I can’t be married to you,” I said seriously.
✨ A ✨
Okay so I loved this. Super slow burn and the main guy was the silent broody type.

Be warned though, this book is slow but it was filled with such cuteness I couldn't help but love it.

This is not a proper review because i cant find the words to discribe how cozy this book makes me feel.
Melanie A. - mostly on hiatus
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour, contemporary, ku
4 STARS!
"Your heart always has a home with me."
Ella Maise delivers on one of my favorite tropes!

There's nothing like a well-written fake marriage/forced proximity read, and in this case, it was the characters that made Marriage for One sparkle. The author did a fabulous job of establishing Jack and Rose's divergent personalities, and then playing them off of each other.

Rose, with her talkative, somewhat sarcastic nature . . .
"Was that the right amount of PDA for our fake
Warda
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5⭐️

It was cheesy. It was sappy. Sweet and heartfelt and I could not stop reading it.
It wasn’t that this book blew my mind per se. But I loved how ordinary it was. Except for the plot twist, but everything else about their relationship was so simple and subtle and so so wholesome! 😭
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 All I Want Is You Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-He looked amazing when he frowned- which happened often, as I could attest to- and I was starting to like that expression on him more and more. He didn't need the frown to make him look all intense and broody, but it definitely worked in his favor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rose Coleson lives in New York, and all her dreams are about to come true when everything she had planned for her future suddenly falls apart. Her fiance broke up with her a few weeks
Isabella. R
4 Love in the Unlikeliest of Places Stars ⭐️

Would you marry a stranger to see your dream come into fruition?

Rose is on the verge of losing everything she’s poured her heart and soul into. When offered an opportunity to save her dream of opening a coffee shop, she enters a marriage of convenience with Jack.

Marriage for One begins quickly with very minimal backstory creating an intriguing read.

Quickly married, the pair soon find themselves in a relationship which neither know how to navigate. Y
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, passionate, heart-pounding romance! I don't know how I will ever move past this book. Everything about Jack and Rose owned me. I feel RUINED by this couple. And right now, I just don't even have words. I need a minute. What a gorgeous read. What a deliciously delightful slow-burn. What a brilliant story! Ella Maise blew me away! BEST OF THE YEAR. One of my most FAVORITE books I've ever read. Full review on the way! FIVE ZILLION STARS! ...more
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
I liked this book. But it was LONG!!! And not the "hanging on the edge of my seat" kind of long, or even fantasy world building type of long, it was just plain LONG. If this book was 300+ pages instead of 500 pages, this might have been CLOSER but not quite a 5 star read.

I like the fact that the MCs really got to know each other. I like all the little details of everyday life that showed how they slowly fell in love over time (like a normal couple might), but after 300 pages of it, I was ready t

• The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • The Cheat Sheet
  • Twisted Games (Twisted, #2)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • From Lukov with Love
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Wait for It
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • Kulti
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • The Enemy Trap
  • The Spanish Love Deception
  • All Rhodes Lead Here
  • Under Locke
  • Luna and the Lie
  • The Love Hypothesis (Love Hypothesis, #1)
See top shelves…

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t

News & Interviews

Science fiction and fantasy are the go-to genres for writers—and readers!—who like to explore the wilder borderlands of contemporary fiction....
“I don’t have a home to go back to anymore, Rose.” I stopped, but didn’t look at him. “You’re my home,” he finished.” 36 likes
“I want to be that person to you, Rose. I want to be the person you lean on. You and I, we’re the same. We have no one but each other. You’ll lean on me and I’ll do the same. We’ll learn how. We’re in this together.” 24 likes