Start by marking “The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)” as Want to Read:
The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)

The Moonlight Masquerade

(City of Wishes #3)

Elle is desperate enough to do the one thing she promised herself she’d never do: bargain with the Godmother for a wish. But if she pays the price, it will leave her forever changed.

So she makes the daring decision to lie to the Godmother.

She’ll pretend to pay the price.

Can she get away with her freedom before the Godmother finds out?

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy
ebook
Published May 24th 2019 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about The Moonlight Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moonlight Masquerade

Start your review of The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
Maria✨
Another fun installation of Elle's fairytale! This time, we continue where we had left off exactly, with Godmother laying her rules if Elle wants her freedom and most importantly, Godmother is giving us some very important hints about Elle's backstory that we had no idea about.

This book mostly focuses on revelations with our Cinderella finally getting to the ball and having to do what she needs to as to get what she wants. Of course, things get more complicated as there is slowly a showdown of t
Laetitia
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this episode from the author.

Another fantastic episode of City of Wishes. I had to read it immediately considering how the last one finished and it did not disappoint.
The plot is thickening! Although some secrets and a bit more breadcrumbs of backstories are being revealed, the intrigue is intensifying.

I was not sold on the idea of a serial but now I can see the appeal. I get to pace myself and enjoy the story over a longer period of time. Because, when it comes to Rachel
Maria Elena | _mkarys
LOVED the action in this episode and the palace setting! Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I was hoping for a dance scene but that didn't happen. Still, loved the reveals we got, loved a particular scene between Dex and Elle and I am jumping directly to the next episode. What do you mean, it's not out yet? *sobbing intensifies* ...more
Lizzie Rhoades
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I love pretty dress descriptions, and this was no exception! The pacing was also very fun. Excited to start the next one immediately.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Moonlight Masquerade is the third episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait to continue this series! ...more
Playground of Randomness
I started reading "The Moonlight Masquerade" as soon as I got home from work. Cinderella was not one of my favourite fairytales but I loved the idea of the ball.
I was looking forward to seeing how it would be depicted here and Rachel Morgan did not disappoint.
Ella makes the decision that she would lie to the Godmother that she will kill the prince. I get that she wants her freedom but it worries me that she would risk tangling with one of the most dangerous magical beings around.
Anyway, so the G
J.M.
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completed it in three days!!!
What does that tell you guys ???
Highly worthy of a binge read and valued at a 5 star review!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Books 1-3 in the Series are FREE on Amazon today (7/14/2020)! 🎁
Tonja Drecker
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series and perfect for quick reads here and there.

After summoning what appears to be her last hope, Elle now discovers the price of the Fairy Godmother's wish, and it's something she can't morally do. Still, Elle sees no other way out of her impossible situation and makes the deal. Her intention—to find a loop-hole and trick the Fairy Godmother. But it's not something which is easily pulled off.

Each of these novellas is like reading a few chapters in a continuous story, and I
Stephanie -BooksLessTravelled
*I received an advance copy from this author. This does not affect my review. This review is voluntary.*

I'm torn on this review...I love this series, and enjoyed reading this one, but I actually guessed many of the twists in this one were coming after reading Ep. 2, and the ending on this one was...a little weird, although I enjoyed the very end, and can't wait to read more! As mentioned, these books are too short, and $3 is a lot for a half-hour read when many other books closer to normal lengt
Sabrina
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
All Elle wants is her freedom and to protect Sienna. But how far is she willing to go? After the Godmother asks her to kill the prince, she hatches a crazy plan to work around the request, hoping that she can trick the Godmother into believing it and granting her wish. More clues to Elle's past come to light, making things ever more intriguing.
The Godmother is such an interesting character. She's kind of evil but in a cool way, I would love a story about her.
My only complaint is that the books a
Novel Grounds
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are reading this and you haven't read the first two books in this serial, GO DO THAT NOW. Then you can come back here. I will try to have this be not spoilers, but we all know I am not great at that.

GUYS. Okay with the ending to the second installment I really didn't know how this one was going to go and holy godmother, what a twist!

I swear every time I try to predict a Rachel Morgan book, I am wrong. I truly don't know why I even try.

Can we talk about our Prince? SO MANY MYSTERIES! I n
Catarina | cat literary world
This might be the first time I'm ranking a fantasy book with 5* (except the Harry Potter ones, I don't, usually, give very high rankings to fantasy, since it's not my favorite genre).

What a ride! I'm aware I already said this in the first one, but this one was so good. We finally get to the ball part - and I really love the original Cinderella ball, so the expectations were high.
There's a lot going on at the ball, I couldn't stop reading, wishing to figure out the all plot and wanting to know El
Tiffany  (Bluestocking)
Jan 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This story is so incredible…the world building is so imaginative and whimsical that I fell in love with this book even more. I love Dex & Elle together and I’m super excited to see how their relationship progress.

Content: Clean, kissing.
Siobhan
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, read-review, 2019
Talk about a cliffhanger! Wow!

What I love most about these books is that they are a modern day retelling of a classic. I am truly enjoying that along with the fantasy twists.

Quick and easy read that is enjoyable (but not entirely fulfilling with that ending!) I can't wait for part 4!

Something unrelated but I love the covers of this series and how each book's cover is basically the main scene of the story. Very clever.
Charlotte
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant brilliant brilliant.......

argghh but so so short....

I Absalutely loved this book. Rachel's take on Cinderella is just fantastic. I have loved each book so far. But goodness me i want more. What a place to end Cliff hanger alert.!!!

I can't wait to read on and find out what's in store for Elle.

I hope Elle and Dex have their happy ending.

5 star read. Awaiting book 4.
Candace Barnard
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better. It always has me on the edge of my seat waiting for more, and that cliffhanger ending! I need episode 4 now please.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Thank you to Rachel Morgan for providing me with an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Find this review and more on my blog The Rest Is Still Unwritten!

The Midnight Masquerade is the third novel in the City of Wishes serial by Rachel Morgan and is another deeply addictive and bewitching tale that sweeps readers up into a fast paced and entertaining adventure.

Elle Winter was so close to having enough Essence to buy her freedom with a wish, but that disappeared in a puff of smoke
Nisareen
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“There’s a masquerade ball happening soon at the palace. If you want your freedom, you will go to this ball and you will kill the Fae Prince.”

Having discovered her secret stash of Fae Essence, Salvia has forbidden Elle from leaving the attic again unless her gifts are required to pull off a con. In desperation, Elle has called on the Godmother for her help. Unfortunately the price for her freedom is something that Elle is unable to morally fulfil so she hatches a scheme to trick the Godmother in
Chris
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The worst part about a story being serialized is having to wait for the next one when the part you just read was so incredible and ends on a cliffhanger that has you throwing your Kindle across the room because you're beyond frustrated that you can't keep reading.

The ball is upon us. Elle has made her deal with the Godmother. It's not a good deal but Elle has a plan. The problem is that the Vampires have a plan too. There are some really cool twists and reveals in this episode. Ms. Morgan does a
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
*Spoiler Freeish Review*

Daaaaayum. I didn't know how else to start this review other than that. The plot doth thicken and wow things are heating up. After the way book 2 finished this was picked up immediately and it DID NOT disappoint. The drama, the absolute drama! I love it.
So Elle has done the unthinkable and summoned the Godmother. We start this book with the Godmother still standing in Elle's bedroom, waiting to hear whether or not she's going to kill the prince of fae in return for her fr
Brittany Smith
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another amazing instalment by Rachel Morgan! I do believe they are getting better as they go along.

Elle and Dex were so close-and not just on the business side of things! We pick up to Elle being held prisoner now by her stepmother. Elle has no other resort to go to so she calls out desperately for the Godmother, surprisingly, she appears. When the situation is explained Godmother is happy to help and will make all the arrangements all Elle has to do is pay the price-end the Prince's life. W
Doit
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omgosh! I LOVED this sequel!!! 😍

The prince's death may be the Godmother's price for freeing her from her slave bond but even though Elle doesn't know who the prince is yet she still doesn't want to kill him because she's not that kind of girl. So she devises a plan to trick the Godmother and things don't go as planned! 😄

Up side, she finds out who the prince is... swoon! However, at midnight, just like the original Cinderella, she's pulled away from him by the Godmother's spell before she can tel
Lori
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaye
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE AMAZING ADVENTURE!!!
Chirping chickens! Biting off more than you can chew is definitely not the brightest bulb in the room. A whirlwind of emotions and events that feed from the excitement and nerve racking tension that brings this bad boy roaring to life smoothly. All the twists and turns, ups and downs, along with a few glitches and bumps here and there pull you deeper into this raging storyline and hard hitting plot. Throw in all the drama, intrigue, uncertainty and suspense and you have o
Kim
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, retellings
City of Wishes 3: The Moonlight Masquerade
By Rachel Morgan

Book 3 did NOT disappoint. The ball has arrived!!! I love fairytale retellings! I’ve been waiting for this part of the story. Parts 1 and 2 set up Part 3 so you’ll want to read the first two books first. The books are more like episodes and end on a cliffhanger so be prepared for that. Elle is finally ready to request help from the Godmother, who can grant illegal wishes. Elle is not willing to pay the ridiculous price that the Godmother
Claire
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AH-HA! I knew it! Not going to spoil but if you've read it, you probably know what I mean. I loved this instalment of The City Of Wishes. Finally the plot threads are coming together and all the action is starting. I can't wait for the next episode.

In The Moonlight Masquerade, Elle goes to the ball to carry out the task The Godmother has set for her. Dex learns a bit more about Azriel's motives. Elle and Dex finally finish their "conversation" from last episode. Elle finds out what happens if sh
Blaire Hammond
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Moonlight Masquerade by Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I LOVED THIS PART. WOW. So I've obviously been enjoying this story. This being episode 3 now, i was getting very excited for it. And man, was that one crazy ride! I loved the setting of this book! I adored the romance. The world continues to grow and evolve and the characters also keep learning and changing. I just love this story!

I have given this part a 5 out
Diane Lynch
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
THE MOONLIGHT MASQUERADE is the third episode in Rachel Morgan’s City of Wishes serial. Elle Winter makes a deal with the Godmother to grant her wish of freedom. However, Elle does not want to pay the price.

This was another exiting addition to the City of Wishes story. The story continues to have unanticipated twists and interesting variations on the Cinderella fairy tale. Elle is a wonderful heroine. She discovers a number of interesting things about herself and others in this installment.

The
Bonnijean Marley
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read the books in order, but do yourself a favor and read them all! This is the third part of a fantastic series.

Every Cinderella story needs a ball, and in The Moonlight Masquerade Rachel Morgan delivers one of the best balls ever. The Godmother herself sees that Elle is appropriately attired and sends her off on a horrible mission that has to be done at the ball.

Great character development with explosive action and a cliff-hanging plot twist!

I feel fortunate to have received an advanced reade
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae, #1)
  • Anchored
  • The Girl in the Garden (Awash with Summer Roses, #1)
  • Touched by Grace (Divine Fate, #2)
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • Defiant (Tales of Cinder, #1)
  • Witches of New Orleans
  • The Fire Prophecy (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures, #1)
  • Fae's Prisoner (Crimes of the Fae, #1)
  • Disdain (Tales of Cinder #2)
  • Fae's Defiance (Queens of the Fae, #2)
  • Isle of Bones (We Witches Three #1)
  • Fae's Destruction (Queens of the Fae, #3)
  • Dragon's Awakening (Heir of Dragons #1)
  • Queen of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #3)
  • Stakes and Daggers (Vampires of Crescent Cape #3)
See top shelves…
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination.

These days she spends much of her t

City of Wishes (6 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)