Start by marking “The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)” as Want to Read:
The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)

The Moonlight Masquerade

(City of Wishes #3)

Elle is desperate enough to do the one thing she promised herself she’d never do: bargain with the Godmother for a wish. But if she pays the price, it will leave her forever changed.

So she makes the daring decision to lie to the Godmother.

She’ll pretend to pay the price.

Can she get away with her freedom before the Godmother finds out?

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy
ebook
Published May 24th 2019 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about The Moonlight Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moonlight Masquerade

Laetitia
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this episode from the author.

Another fantastic episode of City of Wishes. I had to read it immediately considering how the last one finished and it did not disappoint.
The plot is thickening! Although some secrets and a bit more breadcrumbs of backstories are being revealed, the intrigue is intensifying.

I was not sold on the idea of a serial but now I can see the appeal. I get to pace myself and enjoy the story over a longer period of time. Because, when it comes to Rachel
Maria Elena
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED the action in this episode and the palace setting! Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I was hoping for a dance scene but that didn't happen. Still, loved the reveals we got, loved a particular scene between Dex and Elle and I am jumping directly to the next episode. What do you mean, it's not out yet? *sobbing intensifies*
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Moonlight Masquerade is the third episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait to continue this series!
Jan farnworth
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third episode in the City of Wishes series. This series is being released in short little sprints just to keep you on your toys and easily able to devour in one sitting. The story is set in a Cinderella retelling with a magical twist, some fae, some vampires and of course the Fairy Godmother. In this episode we are finally at the ball and our main character has been tasked with fulfilling a unbelievable task from the fairy godmother in order to get her one true dream freedom from her ...more
Caitlin
It's been decided. This is my favorite Cinderella retelling. This episode especially gave me all the lovey-dovey romance feels. *sighs* The dress, the prince, the masquerade. So good. It was perfect.

I'm having so much fun reading this serial, and I can't wait for the next one! Rachel Morgan really knows how to write a good cliffhanger, let me tell you.
Shanice Singh
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading "The Moonlight Masquerade" as soon as I got home from work. Cinderella was not one of my favourite fairytales but I loved the idea of the ball.
I was looking forward to seeing how it would be depicted here and Rachel Morgan did not disappoint.
Ella makes the decision that she would lie to the Godmother that she will kill the prince. I get that she wants her freedom but it worries me that she would risk tangling with one of the most dangerous magical beings around.
Anyway, so the G
Caroline
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the second part in a serialized story, so you should have read Parts 1 and 2 first, and this part ends in a cliffhanger. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
In the third installment of the City of Wishes story, The Moonlight Masquerade, Elle finds herself faced with a terrible dilemma… The Godmother is willing to grant Elle her freedom from her abusive stepmother but in return, she demands that Elle kill Pri
Adria
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omgosh! I LOVED this sequel!!! 😍

The prince's death may be the Godmother's price for freeing her from her slave bond but even though Elle doesn't know who the prince is yet she still doesn't want to kill him because she's not that kind of girl. So she devises a plan to trick the Godmother and things don't go as planned! 😄

Up side, she finds out who the prince is... swoon! However, at midnight, just like the original Cinderella, she's pulled away from him by the Godmother's spell before she can tel
Arin Barry
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raquel Zúñiga
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My love for this retalling just keep growing...

There couldn't be a Cinderella story without a dance and this episode is exactly that. But not at all what you expected.

This episode is full of twists and surprises... and some swoon worthy moments of course.
It is one of those books you can't put down. Literally I read it in one night, I just couldn't stop!!

Definitely the best Cinderella retelling ever!!!
Jennifer Dunski
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Stars! Every book gets better than the last! "The Moonlight Masquerade" is so exciting, so thrilling, so magical....I could not put it down!!!
We pick up where we left off at in "The Vampire Trap" and the magical work of Rachel Morgan is at work once again. Weaving her magic into this incredible series, enthralling us with her enticing web of tales and leaving us breathless and wanting more!
Idi Rojas Aldama
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the ending of the previous book I waited (impatiently I should add) for this next Chapter. Elle touches rock bottom and decides to follow the instructions of the Godmother. Vampires still plotting. A handsome Prince that Elle now has to kill. There is no way to put this book down. And now here I am waiting again for the next book. Lol
Betina Clark
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series has so many twists and turns and surprises around every corner! The author knows how to keep us panting for the next installment with the crazy cliffhangers. I’ve fallen in love with Elle and a few other characters and hate her stepmom. I found myself mad, laughing , and heart racing with fear throughout the story.
Reader's  Show
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!!! LOVED IT!!!!

OMG! The twists and turns 😍😍... I could never imagine the depth into which this book goes...
Just simply fabulous...
I have so many questions... And this book just keeps on building on them..
So happy with how the tale is going... Its romantic.. Suspense... Thriller.. And of course MAGICAL❤
Ann O'Nymos
Shelves: arc, freda
Another superb book in this series. The Godmother has set her price and Elle is desperate but only wants to pretend to pay it. The plot thickens with the vampires making their move. But what's the Godmother's motif? And when will we learn more about Elle's mother?
Will our Cinder-Elle kill her prince at the ball? Will she loose her glass slipper? Read it yourself!
Louise Bilby
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story just keeps getting better and better! The story is intriguing, I know there's a plot twist coming, but I have no idea what it is. I've definitely been shown that retelling can be just as original whilst keeping a sense of the story it's retelling.
Lucy Joyeux
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this one in like 6 hours and it was the best 6 hours so far!

This one ended with a small cliffhanger and I just can’t wait for another episode! The writer is amazing! The way she writes her books is just 😍👌🏻
Lisa Koetsch
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received. This latest installment took me by surprise. I was happy Elle found Dex, but was shocked at how she found him. I’m dying to find out how Elle gets out of this latest predicament & the secret of who her mother was. Loving this series!
debbie race
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continued

This is an amazing story and hard to put down. Too bad it is always continued for future reading like a television series. Can't wait to read the next episodes. Disappointing but can't seem to stop. Awaiting the next episodes.
Charlene Pratt
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your grandmother's Cinderella

Rollicking good fun read. This serial read is worth the wait between "episodes". Can't wait for the next installment. Rock on Rachel!!!
Eliza Jones
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking amazing!!!

This is the best episode so far!!! I love every one of Rachel's books but this series...just go find the first one and read it right now!
Dawne
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The thrills keep coming and I am getting to the end way too fast. This is one of the best Cinderella adaptations I have ever read. Please may I have some more?
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Thrilling! Another magical thrill ride that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. This story is unpredictable, entertaining and a whole lot of fun! I can’t wait for more.
Irene
Claudia
May 21, 2019
Angela Cinquegrani
May 25, 2019
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (4 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)