Start by marking “Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)

Disarm

(The Dumonts #2)

Karina Halle, the New York Times bestselling author of Discretion, lifts the veil off a privileged family dynasty to reveal a wealth of secrets and dangerous obsessions.

Seraphine Dumont seems to have it all: she’s gorgeous, brilliant, and part of one of France’s most illustrious dynasties. But underneath the facade, Seraphine struggles to hold it all together. Besides grieving her adoptive father’

Published November 19th 2019 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
Christy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5071_zps8wiwys8y.png

She’s not telling me to stop. She has a war inside herself too.
Karina Halle’s The Dumonts series is action packed, full of secrets, scandals, betrayals, and suspense. While I enjoyed the first book of the series, this one was so much better for me. Mainly, because I loved the romance so much more!

The Dumont family is a complicated one… if you’ve read the first
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

The second Dumont book!

Olivier already found his happily ever after and left for California.

Seraphine is left all alone with her horrible uncle and her cousins. She's trying her best to keep the family company running the way her dad would've wanted it - but her uncle is quickly ruining everything.

Plus she also thinks that her dad was murdered. By her uncle, or her cousin Pascal?

And suddenly she's working together with her cousin Blaise to find out what happened and to survive whatever the bad guys have planned for them ...

P.S. Seraphine was adopted when she
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'My chaos. My Blaise' Stars!
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a freaking rollercoaster! This series just keeps getting more suspenseful and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I confess I had a bit of a hard time with the first book in the series and it took me a bit to connect with the story and characters. In this case though, I am happy to say, this book was definitely so much better for me. Especially inStars!
ARC
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy, addictive, and did I mention sexy? With the perfect touch of forbidden, Karina Halle has outdone herself with this angsty, intriguing slow burn romance that will have your feelings pulled in every direction. Disarm is one of those books you don't want to put down, and at the same time, you don't want it to end.

Everything about this story was more intense-the writing, the storyline, and the character development was stellar. And now that I have finished it, I'm already so fucking eager to get to know more abo
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Oh my god, what a ride!!!!!!

I love a book I completely get lost in, good, bad, ups, or downs. I throughly enjoyed this one, definitely want a re-read after I calm down!!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Myla
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

Disarm is filled with mystery, angsty situations, manipulative characters you like to hate will keep you hooked to the story. And when it comes to romance, it's a slow burn between, the main character, Seraphina and Blaise. I like how their feeling built cautiously even though their attraction was instant, giving them time to fully appreciate each other.

Karina Halle didn't disappointed in writing a more intense second book of the Dumonts series. I absolutely enjoyed it! A must-read
Betül
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

"There's nothing in this world more beautiful than her, not even a million rising and setting suns."

Disarm is the second book in The Dumonts series. I was really looking forward to Seraphine's story after meeting her in Discretion. I liked this book better than the previous one, and that is because there was moreclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"There's
Nina
Oct 03, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

instagram || my blog || twitter
julie
I really enjoyed this one! The first book wasn't for me, too insta-lovey but Blaise and Seraphine's slowburn was so angsty and sexy I coudn't help but devour this story as quickly as possible. Can't wait for Pascal's story!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

This is the second book in this series and I really enjoyed it as much as I did with the first book!I really liked the mystsery in this story!The characters were well developed and the storyline very good!

“You have me,” I say emphatically, holding her head in place, searching deep in her eyes, looking for a sign that she understands. “Even if you don’t want me, you have me.”

There is action and the romance was fantastic!Seraphine and Blaise have a great dynamic!

Sarah/DragonflyReads
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
And another ace for Karina Halle’s Dumonts series. The family dynamic after book one had me reeling, and I was so intrigued as to how Seraphine and Blaise’s web would weave.

”I am forever the predator when it comes to Seraphine, not just in body but in spirit. I want to possess her heart and her thoughts and her soul the same way that she’s taken ownership of mine.”

Disarm is a story of love and family, but also fighting for what you believe in and taking what you deserve. It’s full of angst and oh-s
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2019 marked it as hmmmmm
Waiting to see if heroine is a virgin and if the hero slept with every woman in sight while being in love with her 🤔
Coco.V
Sep 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
AJ

The second book in the Dumonts series, this book takes us back into the world of wealth and privilege with the story of Seraphine Dumont, sister of the hero of book #1, and adopted daughter of the head of a Parisian fashion dynasty. I love the first book of this series, where we were given a glimpse of Seraphine and the intense chemistry between her and her adopted cousin, Blaise. And with that twisted family dynamic, and the fact that their two families have a long-running rivalry, I was really excit
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„You’re mine, you always have been, even if you didn’t know it.”

Disarm is a romantic suspense at its best! Angsty, thrilling, full of twists and turns. Mystery and danger is lurking from every side. The sexual tension between Seraphine and Blaise is off the charts, just like their chemistry. And the forbidden type of their relantionship? Cherry on top! I absorbed this read in one sitting and I was unable to break away until I knew all the answers. The Dumonts series is captivating and addictive!
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

When I read Discretion and we first met Seraphine and Blaise I was very curious about both of them and the strange relationship that they had. I was so eager for this book and to hear their stories.

What I love about this book is that it shows that sometimes things are hidden beneath the surface. Not everything is always what it seems, and that goes for people as w
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
Not my first read by author, and I have read Book #1 DISCRETION in this series, which I would recommend reading first and I enjoyed very much!
In this book I had a harder time connecting, I don't know if it was the characters together or the story but it just felt off a little for me. Little disappointed since I loved Book #1 very much.

This slow-burn, taboo, enemy to lovers was not what I expected, there were lot;s of parts where I was on the edge reading but other parts where I got little lost an
Happily Mary After
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-november
Karina Halle’s Disarm is the second book in her must-read series, The Dumonts, and I can’t get enough of these sexy, swoony love stories with their delicious, soap-opera-worthy family drama. While Disarm can undoubtedly be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the first book in the series, Discretion, in order to have the best reading experience.

Seraphine and Blaise have a complicated relationship—to put it mildly. They are cousins through adoption with an intense connection, who have been
Sissy's Romance Book Review
DISARM by Karina Halle is book 2 in The Dumonts Series. This is the story Blaise Dumont and Seraphine Dumont. I have read the previous book which did help me to enjoy this one as it set the background but with that said you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Seraphine was adopted into the Dumont family when she was around 9 years old. The Dumont family as we learn is a complicated type of family. Seraphine father has died and in the back on her mind she thinks her Uncle may ...more
Siobhan
Disarm is the second book in Karina Halle’s Dumonts series, and if I’m honest I did not enjoy this one quite as much as I enjoyed the first. It certainly has me eager to see what the third book brings, but I was not as obsessed with it as I have been with other books from the author.

With Disarm, we continue the story first introduced to us in Discretion. I enjoyed digging deeper into the story, finding out more about what was going on and how much bigger certain elements of the story
Cassidy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a little worried starting this one because the first book disappointed me. I will say that I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first book. There is a second chance, slow burn between the past and the present. I ate it up. There was some suspense to it that was fun. I’m all ready for the last book in the series.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
NiCoLeTa E.
***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Alexandra
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review, blog tour and giveaway can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

You know that you have great romantic suspense when both characters have also angst and their own conflicting emotions to deal with, along with everything else! That's what I enjoyed so much reading in Karina Halle's new book! Following the success of the first book, Disarm is the story of Seraphine and Blaise who are step-cousins and at the same time rivals
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find this review of Disarm on my blog, Heart's Content!

Received an Advanced Reader’s Copy from publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Disarm is the second in the Dumonts series and was set up rather well by the author in the first book, Discretion. Karina Halle established an intriguing connection between the protagonists of this book–Seraphine and Blaise–so much so that I immediately pounced on this book as soon as I saw it!

The littl
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGallet***

I loved the first in this series, and Seraphine and Blaise's story picks up pretty much right after the end of the first.

There was a lot that was not resolved in Discretion. The central relationship was, but there was a lot more than just the central relationship that was going on, and a lot of questions. I thought this one was not only a great resolution to a lot of what was going on, but a fun romance in and of itself.

It
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
Angsty, drama filled, and the perfect amount of mystery and suspense.

The Dumont family is more complicated than most. I highly recommend reading book one, Discretion before diving into this one. Seraphine was adopted into the family when she was just nine years old. When her father died, her world fell apart. Her brothers live in another country and she’s all alone with her evil uncle and her cousins. She is filled with questions and the determination to get answers.

Blaise was so amazing in t
Louise BookbestiesUK
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I actually really enjoyed this book from Karina Halle

It was a real change from her usual books- and I honestly don't believe this book could even be categorised as a romance novel- it's certainly more of a family drama book with a side of romance that doesn't kick in until towards the end.

I really enjoyed the characters and the deceit from the Dumont family and I am seriously looking forward to the next book in this series as the side characters on this series are so interesting and well devel
Jenny Hobson
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you liked Discretion your going to LOVE Disarm!
The book follows on from the events in Discretion. We get to see how Seraphine is dealing with the death of her father whilst working with her uncle, the man who she believes is responsible for his death. We learn alot of back story on Seraphine and Blaise and their turbulent relationship. I love how this book completely changed my opinion of Blaise.
Disarm has a bit of everything, love, mystery and plenty of drama! I love that it's no
Innergoddess_Booklover
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
I went in with open eyes in reading this book . Let me just say that Karina Halle never disappoints . I enjoyed everything about Disarm. The secrets, lies, the suspence and the slow burning love between Blaise and Seraphine will have you hooked . #ARC #netgalley
Michele
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1119, con-rom, priority
Review to follow
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Dirty Letters
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal, #1)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic #1)
  • Before You
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • The Last Post
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Where the Blame Lies
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

The Dumonts (3 books)
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Disavow (The Dumonts, #3)
“My side of the family is terrible. I know that. And I’m not standing here in your room pretending to be a good guy. I am not a good guy. I’m just a guy who knows what he wants.” 0 likes
“It’s like I’m seeing him as a teenager again. Back in those hot summer nights when I saw him as something else. Not a cousin, not family, but something else. Some intangible mysterious thing that belonged in my life. More than a friend, not quite a lover.” 0 likes