Start by marking “Avalee Exchanges her Fiancé (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Avalee Exchanges her Fiancé (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides Book 3)

Avalee Exchanges her Fiancé (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides Book 3)

Will Avalee exchange her fake fiancé for a real one?

It’s 1892, almost twenty years after the first mail-order brides found love in Clear Creek, Kansas in the Brides with Grit Series.

The older members of the Clear Creek church women’s group, informally known as the Peashooter Society, decide to help the unattached women in town obtain husbands because there are more women

Published June 18th 2019 by Butterfield Books Inc

To ask other readers questions about Avalee Exchanges her Fiancé, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avalee Exchanges her Fiancé

Kathy Heare Watts
I BET THE PEASHOOTER SOCIETY IS UP TO SOMETHING

The story is the second in a new series and is a spin-off from the Grooms with Honor and Brides with Grit Series. When six of the elderly ladies, better known as the Peashooter Society, get together, it is to come up with a plan. Now it involves getting the six prospected new grooms to meet the six potential new brides. The story is the match of Avalee Paulson and Gordon Miller.
Avalee Paulson works with Dr. Pansy and has no intention of marrying, or
Gail
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about family and community. I liked that the H and h changed their opinions about never getting married once they found the right person, the interaction and support from community, and the 2 younger sisters that "pranked" them! I also enjoyed revisiting some of the characters from a previous stories. A fun read that I highly recommend. I received a complimentary ARC of this book and have voluntarily given my honest opinion.
Janice Sisemore
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Avalee exchanges her Fiancé

I love these kind of stories. So cute. Instead of mail order bride it is mail order husband. I really enjoyed Avalee and Gordon story. Such fun characters and scenes.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. To see how the peashooter club brings the next couple together. I definitely recommend reading this book.

I received an advanced copy of the book from the author. I was not required to write an positive review. This is my own opinion.
Susan Baez Randleman
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed reading Avalee and Gordon’s story. Lots of mischief and cuteness in this story. It was a sweet read and you got to know the characters in the series more in depth. I can’t wait for this series to continue. Very well done. Another cute read in Clear Creek.
Doni
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading it!
It's an adorable & funny romance.
The Peashooter Society's
agenda may not work with, Avalee
& Gordon. They might just have their
own plan in mind.
Another great book in the series.
I loved everything about this Must
Read Story!!
MaryEllen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another messed-up match. This one set right with the help of a couple of mischievous little sisters.

This series is really well done. Can't wait for the next one!
Sandra Sorola
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Peashooters are at it again. They brought six young men to Clear Creek to become Husbands and Business owners. The young ladies involved did not know about this until the young men arrived.. They were matched up by the ladies of the Peashooter Society and introduced to the young men... But this is where things get interesting.. These matched couples have other ideas and some of them have switched partners. Avalee is having trouble with someone pressing his attention on her so she invents a f ...more
Margie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the ladies of the Peashooter Society in the Brides with Grit and Grooms with Honor series and their daughters, granddaughters and nieces are doing a great job of carrying the traditions of young ladies with grit. Gordon and Avalee will be a good addition to Clear Creek families. I look forward to the rest of the couples finding their way.
Alice
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the Peashooter Society selects a bridegroom for Avalee, she balks at the situation saying she is already engaged to be married. Later, the girls and guys meet up and decide for themselves who is matched up. Avalee makes a deal with Gordon and he becomes her fake fiancé. Little did they know, that would change.
Earlene Click
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gordon and Avalee

Gordon didn't think he wanted to marry and Avalee did not want to marry either. She wanted to be the doctors assistant forever. Her You get sisters had different plans for them and their antics to get them together are delightful. This is a very cute humorous love story that you will love.

Embgram
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story, and proofreading

I enjoyed the story of mismatched brides and grooms. The book was humorous, with likable characters, and an entertaining storyline. I look forward to reading more of the saga. It would be a much easier read without all the errors missed by the proofreader. 😐
Pamela Hastings
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, Delightful Story!

This was such a fun book to read! Having met the Paulsen girls when they were young girls in their parent's story in the Brides of Grit series, it was delightfully wonderful to read of the antics as young adults! Absolutely delightful!
Doreen Brannan
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good book

Fun story, but if you're following the series, about the first half of this book is a repeat of the one before it. I'd prefer each book to be different, as a continuing story, not a repeat of the one before it.
D'anah
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

Am not keen on books that repeat previous books and just add a bit more for the current one. Feel have been jipped. Apart from that, the story (of this couple) is funny.
Colleen
Jun 18, 2019
Glenda
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2019
Lynn Mahoney
Jun 19, 2019
Kim
Jun 20, 2019
Linda Hubalek had written over forty books about strong women and honorable men, with a touch of humor, despair, and drama woven into the stories. The setting for all the series is the Kansas prairie which Linda enjoys daily, be it being outside or looking out her office window.
Her historical romance series include Brides with Grit, Grooms with Honor, and the Clear Creek Legacy. Linda's historical