Start by marking “Gideon (Finding Home, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gideon (Finding Home, #3)

Gideon

(Finding Home #3)

Gideon Ramsay is so far in the closet he should be a talking faun.

A talented, mercurial, and often selfish man, Gideon has everything he should want in life. Fame, money, acting awards – he has it all. Everything but honesty. At the advice of his agent, Gideon has concealed his sexuality for years. But it’s starting to get harder to hide, and his increasingly wild behavio
Published May 12th 2019

Wendy

Wow...I really loved this book. I even love it a smidge more than " Oz ", which is saying something because I really liked Oz a lot. Gideon though, he rocked my world and so did his love interest Eli. They were absolutely awesome together. I laughed my ass off, fanned myself when things got hot, and I even cried some little tears. Sounds perfect right !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=awesome gif

Let me start out by saying that unlike a lot of others, I didn't blame Gideon for his behavior in " Milo ". For me, it was actually the other wa
Judith
4.5

I'm going to echo a friend's review here and say that I'm probably one of the few who didn't dislike Gideon in book two.In fact an arrogant asshole character is totally my thing.

Gideon is a hugely successful Actor who seems hell bent on pushing the self destruct button-losing himself in mindless sex and out of control partying.Almost ignored by his parents from a young age he's been guided and manipulated by his ruthless Agent for years.Too jaded to care he just goes with acting roles that ar
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Me in my review of Milo:

Gideon gets jealous and goads Milo about Niall's big cock and how good Niall is in bed. WTF? Supposedly, Gideon was just doing this to make Milo see that he had deeper feelings for Niall, but the whole thing was super skeevy.

Also me:

Guys, I am SOLD. Gideon and Eli are my favorite couple of this series, and this book is all the things:

- Slow-burn romance

- Hurt/comfort (Eli is initially Gideon's nurse after all)

- Sizzling sexy times

- Awesome secondary characters (top priz
☆ Todd
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

Snark and banter as far as the eye can see, folks!

We first met talented and successful, 39 y.o. actor Gideon in his brother Milo's story, where he was a selfish, over-sexed twat, leaving me slightly less than thrilled at the prospect of Gideon getting his own story, although now I can admit how thoroughly wrong I was in my apprehension.

As the story began, Gideon had ignored Milo's advice about seeing a doctor and contracted a near-fatal case of pneumonia, a private nurse was hired to care for G
Cadiva
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars. I also need to learn not to drink tea at the same time as I read a Lily Morton book because this one nearly killed me five times in the first 20%.

Redemption stories are probably one of the highest forms of kryptonite for me (it comes in a variety not just the green one 😉 ) and with Gideon, Lily crafts one that works so well because, when we actually get to know Gideon, it's not really a redemption so much as a realisation.

Gideon is a little boy lost, in his heart he's still a
Renée
This story was my favorite of the series so far.

I was worried about liking Gideon. He was such an absolute douche in Milo's book that I feared I wouldn't be able to invest in him. I'm glad I was wrong.

Gideon is a Hollywood actor who's been brainwashed by his agent since he was a teenager. Being gay is not compatible with being famous. Gideon has been hiding himself for so long, that he's been acting out in other ways. What's a little coke and shared sex partners between friends?

After a very clo
Dia
This might be my favorite from this author! I absolutely loved the writing and this book really delivered!

It's the third book in the Finding Home series by Lily Morton. I loved the first book, Oz. I haven't read the second book, Milo, but Gideon's story was amazing.

Gideon is a 39 years old famous actor. He's wealthy and lives a very unconventional life, partying and having fun to the extreme. He is destroying his body and he's not really enjoying the partying. It's just what he knows. In the eye
haletostilinski
Oh, I absolutely adored this. After the last book, Gideon wasn't looking very good, not good at all, so I was wondering how Ms. Morton would redeem him and make him an enjoyable character. He really was an asshole in Milo's book.

But of course she was able to redeem him and more. Getting a character's POV and understanding their motivations and thoughts and desires really changes things. (Sometimes not if they're just a plain asshole, but most of the time it helps a lot - it certainly helps with
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Nice addition to the series. I wasn't sure it was possible for Gideon to redeem himself. But he did.

As other reviews have mentioned, the two parts to the story definitely had different feels. The first part on the cruise was full of witty banter (a bit repetitive, if I'm being honest) and some good UST. I enjoyed Gideon and Eli's banter back and forth.

The second part after the cruise was full of rainbows and unicorns. I can appreciate that there was no manufactured drama. But things were a bit
Sanaa Z.
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

This might be my favorite book in the series. It was so good!

Full review to come!

Find me on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog
Amanda
This might just be my favorite of the entire Finding Home series up to date and I don't even like Gideon when I met him in Milo's book. In fact, when I realized he will have his own book, for the first time I'm not counting down the days for a Lily Morton's release. I'm not surprised that the great, Ms Morton can change my mind, but I'm surprised that I love this book so much.

Gideon is a closeted celebrity and a total twat. The story begin with him at his lowest point in life, but he still have
Ky
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Gideon is Milo's brother from book #2 and he wasn't a very likeable character when we met him. He had some unresolved issues and handled the knowledge of Milo and Niall's relationship in a horrible way.

In this book we get his story. We get to know him pretty well and get some answers about his behavior. You see, in reality, Gideon is an extremely lonely guy, he craved attention and to be wanted. All his life he felt he was a bourden to those around him - especially his parents who sent him away
Joyfully Jay
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Gideon is the third book in Lily Morton’s incredible Finding Home series and I just adored everything about it. Just about every time I read a book by Morton I feel like it’s my new favorite. Each time I think I couldn’t possibly love the new book as much as the last, but I constantly find myself charmed and delighted by her wonderful mix of swoony romance, great character development, and entertaining humor.

We met Gideon in the last book, Milo, and to be honest, he
.Lili.
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, m-m

Gideon by Lily Morton gave me all I've come to expect from a Lily Morton book:

Romance ✔

Laughter ✔

Longing ✔

Feels ✔

We first met asshole Gideon in Milo. He's Milo's older brother who came across as a self-centered and jaded actor. At the beginning of this book, it's safe to say this deep in the closet actor has hit rock bottom. A nurse- sexy, good-natured, Welsh nurse is hired to get him on the mend. What neither expects is for their humorous sparring to grow into more- except anything beyond frie
Natalie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

After being rather unhappy over Gideon’s role in Milo’s story, I was interested in how the author would turn Gideon around. Eli was quite perfect in balancing and meshing with Gideon’s carefree facade, used in covering up his deep insecurity. The banter and wit was outstanding, as it always is with this series. Slow burn romance always gives a better payoff for me as a reader. I prefer an HEA to be hard-won and I loved this portrayal, where Eli is an intelligent, compassionate human, a
Snjez
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it

I have to say I liked Gideon much more than in the previous book. The first part of the story was really fun. I liked the banter between Gideon and Eli. I also liked the emails they exchanged after the cruise.

But there were a few things that affected my overall enjoyment of the book. In no particular order:
*minor spoilers ahead*

Name dropping. Not my favourite thing in books, and there was a lot of it here.

Frankie. I've noticed a bit of a pattern in this author's books – there's always
Susan

While I liked this, I wasn’t blown away.

I loved the first book because Oz was just so funny. I skipped the second book because I would have hated the drama. And I had really high hopes for this one, but it was a but dull tbh. I didn’t laugh even once. The humor and crazy situations I loved so much in Oz were completely missing in this.

Not that this was bad, because it was a nice, light, sweet book. There was no relationship drama or fabricated angst, so I did like that. I think I expect
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
I think that this one is my favourite of the three 'Finding Home' books! Which is surprising given the fact that I intensely disliked Gideon in Milo. I thought this book was absolutely hilarious and I adored both Gideon and Eli, Gideon was amazing (even when he was being annoying, which makes no sense but that's how it is!) and I just loved seeing him falling in love with Eli and learning to accept who he was. Oh and most importantly, Eli was a bit of a dark horse which was a lovely little surpr ...more
Karen Wellsbury
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was most resistant to Gideon in Milo's book, but I do love a redemption story - and this was lovely.
Gideon on the mend was funny, charming, grumpy and finding himself.
Eli was a natural care giver, and suited Gideon to the ground, that they waited to become lovers was perfect, but I did want to read more of the emails from when they were apart.
Milo ( plus Niall, Oz and Silas) was supportive and loving of Gideon, who really didn't value himself at times and Frankie, Gideons manager, was awful !
Jules Lovestoread
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Mixed Messages books as well, but in this series Morton’s style feels effortless. With humor, snark, heat, and swoony, swoony romance, every book in the Finding Home series is such a mood lifter. I feel like I say “This one is my favorite!” every time I pick one up, but this one might actually be my favorite.

See my full review here: http://www.thenovelapproachreviews.co...
Elle
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read an ARC of this today, which I couldn't put down, can I just say that this is as bloody fantastic as Ms Morton's earlier books.

Basically this is a sweet love story, with a big side of humor. As usual Ms Morton's characters steal the show, they're very snarky and very funny. I wondered how she'd redeem Gideon after his crass performance in the previous book, but he actually comes across as quite vulnerable and sweet! I think the latter surprised Gideon, as much as it did me!

Eli was lov
Achim
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-contempory, 0-ku
3.5
I love Morton's books. You just know you'll get all the snark and banter you crave and see underneath it all the deep affection shine through and Gideon adds a delightful dose of grumpiness to that mix. So it would have been a perfect 4 if the sweetness in the prologue could be toned down - several degrees. I'm sure a lot of readers like it exactly that way so it might be a case of it's-me-not-you
Sahitya
When I read Milo, I hated the character of Gideon and I wasn’t sure I was gonna read this book. But some of my trusted reviewers mentioned that this was good and I also can never resist a Lily Morton book, so I decided to pick and I’m so happy that it didn’t disappoint.

Gideon is a 39 year old popular actor who is on a self destructive path, probably because he feels very lonely and due to the distress of being so long in the closet. He is grumpy, unwilling to let anyone help him, and has a very
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Eh I was just not feeling this. I didn’t like his (Gideon’s) character in the previous book because he thought it appropriate to shove
his sexual relationship with Niall to his brother Milo, whom is now in a relationship with Niall.

I found his character to be superficial, shallow, and deeply flawed. I can’t forgive him his behavior and his character is irredeemable to me. I’m also not over Niall hooking up with Milo just weeks after hooking up with his brother during a orgy fest or whatever. It’
Mrs.V
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Morton does it again!
Yet another amazing book by the Queen of Banter!
Gideon's sarcasm and snarky retorts are epic, and Eli is just the man to give him some backtalk after a life of people always doing anything he says.
Their chemistry and bond is fantastic, and I loved how it never wavers.
I had so much fun with all the crew from the previous books (Silas, Oz, Niall and Milo) and adored how they see Gideon for who he really is and immediately accept Eli into their chosen family as soon as th
Jill
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4 Stars
Lisa The Novel Approach
I had zero intentions of ever forgiving Gideon Ramsay, let alone liking the wanker, after the things he said and did to his little brother, Milo.

But of course, this is a Lily Morton book, so obviously I was totally gone on him by approximately page five.

And then Eli Jones happened, and I developed a hopeless case of hearty-eyes.

And that is, in three sentences, exactly how this book rolls.

Gideon is lost. He is lonely even when constantly surrounded by people—people who don’t care about him for
Lelyana

I want to grab the memories and greedily drink them in, but he pulls me closer, and I’m blind once again to everything but this man. This poetic, perennially cheerful Welsh man who makes me feel safe.

First time I met Gideon on Milo, I knew he need his own story. He got me thinking of him for longer than usual. He didn't even a main character at the moment. I nearly begged Lily to write his story, and my wish came true.
I knew from the start that Gideon was actually someone he didn't let the
Alex
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT!!!

I wasn't sure about Gideon after the last book. He was kind of an asshole there but... Oh, how wrong I was...
The banter is always amazing with this author but here. It was just magnificent!

Honestly loved everything about this book. The characters are very lovable. Gideon's sarcasm is a thing of beauty and Eli is just perfection for him.
I loved that we got to see all the guys from the previous books and we even had a glimpse of Asa from the previous series.

This author continue to c
JenMcJ
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this book was well written and humorous in places but not in the same league as the first book in the series. Like the second book with the weird literary references, this one had a bunch of celebrity/personality references that I had no idea who they were, so I did a lot of googling. I'm not opposed to that but it was like doing homework and half the time the googling doesn't exactly tell you why the reference fits.

I did think the sex was hawt; a bit kinky, some dirty talk - but these
Lily lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.
She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else would she get to spend her time with ho

Finding Home (3 books)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
“There are far too many Suzy Sunshines on this estate. I like a bit of vinegar with my chips.” 1 likes
“You must be terrible at birthday parties. I’m certainly never letting you give me the bumps.” 0 likes