Start by marking “Gideon (Finding Home, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gideon (Finding Home, #3)

Gideon

(Finding Home #3)

Gideon Ramsay is so far in the closet he should be a talking faun.

A talented, mercurial, and often selfish man, Gideon has everything he should want in life. Fame, money, acting awards he has it all. Everything but honesty. At the advice of his agent, Gideon has concealed his sexuality for years. But its starting to get harder to hide, and his increasingly wild
Published May 12th 2019

Start your review of Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Me in my review of Milo:

Gideon gets jealous and goads Milo about Niall's big cock and how good Niall is in bed. WTF? Supposedly, Gideon was just doing this to make Milo see that he had deeper feelings for Niall, but the whole thing was super skeevy.

Also me:

Guys, I am SOLD. Gideon and Eli are my favorite couple of this series, and this book is all the things:

- Slow-burn romance

- Hurt/comfort (Eli is initially Gideon's nurse after all)

- Sizzling sexy times

- Awesome secondary characters (top
Wendy

Wow...I really loved this book. I even love it a smidge more than " Oz ", which is saying something because I really liked Oz a lot. Gideon though, he rocked my world and so did his love interest Eli. They were absolutely awesome together. I laughed my ass off, fanned myself when things got hot, and I even cried some little tears. Sounds perfect right !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=awesome gif

Let me start out by saying that unlike a lot of others, I didn't blame Gideon for his behavior in " Milo ". For me, it was actually the other
Judith
4.5

I'm going to echo a friend's review here and say that I'm probably one of the few who didn't dislike Gideon in book two.In fact an arrogant asshole character is totally my thing.

Gideon is a hugely successful Actor who seems hell bent on pushing the self destruct button-losing himself in mindless sex and out of control partying.Almost ignored by his parents from a young age he's been guided and manipulated by his ruthless Agent for years.Too jaded to care he just goes with acting roles that
☆ Todd
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

Snark and banter as far as the eye can see, folks!

We first met talented and successful, 39 y.o. actor Gideon in his brother Milo's story, where he was a selfish, over-sexed twat, leaving me slightly less than thrilled at the prospect of Gideon getting his own story, although now I can admit how thoroughly wrong I was in my apprehension.

As the story began, Gideon had ignored Milo's advice about seeing a doctor and contracted a near-fatal case of pneumonia, a private nurse was hired to care for
Cadiva
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars. I also need to learn not to drink tea at the same time as I read a Lily Morton book because this one nearly killed me five times in the first 20%.

Redemption stories are probably one of the highest forms of kryptonite for me (it comes in a variety not just the green one 😉 ) and with Gideon, Lily crafts one that works so well because, when we actually get to know Gideon, it's not really a redemption so much as a realisation.

Gideon is a little boy lost, in his heart he's still a
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

The 5* rating and this conversation between myself and Eugenia on her 4* rating, is all you need to know....

Lorraine - Is is just me that didnt find Gideon a total ar*e in the other books?
Ive still got this awaiting my pleasure 😁

Eugenia - God, he was a total asswipe is the previous books!! He is still so at the beginning, but he turns into a love-sick fool and its awesome!!

Lorraine - I must like asswipes then 😉

Eugenia - Well, theyre handy as sh*t! 😁

Dia
This might be my favorite from this author! I absolutely loved the writing and this book really delivered!

It's the third book in the Finding Home series by Lily Morton. I loved the first book, Oz. I haven't read the second book, Milo, but Gideon's story was amazing.

Gideon is a 39 years old famous actor. He's wealthy and lives a very unconventional life, partying and having fun to the extreme. He is destroying his body and he's not really enjoying the partying. It's just what he knows. In the eye
Renée
This story was my favorite of the series so far.

I was worried about liking Gideon. He was such an absolute douche in Milo's book that I feared I wouldn't be able to invest in him. I'm glad I was wrong.

Gideon is a Hollywood actor who's been brainwashed by his agent since he was a teenager. Being gay is not compatible with being famous. Gideon has been hiding himself for so long, that he's been acting out in other ways. What's a little coke and shared sex partners between friends?

After a very
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Nice addition to the series. I wasn't sure it was possible for Gideon to redeem himself. But he did.

As other reviews have mentioned, the two parts to the story definitely had different feels. The first part on the cruise was full of witty banter (a bit repetitive, if I'm being honest) and some good UST. I enjoyed Gideon and Eli's banter back and forth.

The second part after the cruise was full of rainbows and unicorns. I can appreciate that there was no manufactured drama. But things were a bit
Eugenia
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Snark & Fluff.....DELICIOUSNESS!!!

Ill be brief: I loved this book up until the epilogue where I got told a whole bunch of stuff repeatedly to make sure I really got the fact that there is a super strong HEA. I GOT IT.

The actual book ROCKED! There was tension, snark, a hot nurse, a cranky movie star, a sassy old lady, and HOT AF SEX!!

Gideon was awful in the previous books, but here we see him hit rock bottom and crawl out of the abyss/closet with the help of Eli.

Eli surprised me in the
Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5★'s Rounded Up for that fucking beautiful Epilogue.

Hello! I was part of the I hate Gideon Fan Club like so many of my friends after reading Milo. There was just NO WAY his book was going to change my mind. I mean, really, Milo's book lost a star because of him! My review started out talking about him because I hated him so much and he took something from the book in my opinion.

I didn't even want his stupid story.

Well, fuck me.

Guys, I am allowed to be wrong right?

I think I kind of like Gideon
haletostilinski
Oh, I absolutely adored this. After the last book, Gideon wasn't looking very good, not good at all, so I was wondering how Ms. Morton would redeem him and make him an enjoyable character. He really was an asshole in Milo's book.

But of course she was able to redeem him and more. Getting a character's POV and understanding their motivations and thoughts and desires really changes things. (Sometimes not if they're just a plain asshole, but most of the time it helps a lot - it certainly helps with
Bev
Well, well, well! What a surprise this was, and so good too. See, I knew that Gideon ran deep. I knew there was a lot going on behind that hard, bravado and I was soooo right and I floved him. He totally bowled me over with how he was with Eli .... his vulnerability, his honesty and even his insecurity. He couldn't hide a thing from Eli.

If ever two characters were meant to be it's Gideon and Eli.

My favourite book of the series by a million stars and Lily Morton is fast becoming one of my
Anyta Sunday
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read all Lily Morton's books, and they are ALL incredible.
Atmospheric, sexy, and full of amazing dialogue.

An author you can't go wrong with. :-)
Vanna
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!! 🤩💞Absolutely L❤VED it!! I'm so happy that Gideon got a chance to redeem himself and all the disappointment I had felt after reading Milo has now melted away🤩. This is what I wanted💕.. and this is exactly why I am such a fan of Ms Morton and her brilliant writing😍. She weaves these characters who have such personalities, ego, humor and fervor that you get swept away in their story and start rooting for their HEA as if it's your HEA. 🤩😍
Gideon is the ultimate bad boy, but we already knew
Ky
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Gideon is Milo's brother from book #2 and he wasn't a very likeable character when we met him. He had some unresolved issues and handled the knowledge of Milo and Niall's relationship in a horrible way.

In this book we get his story. We get to know him pretty well and get some answers about his behavior. You see, in reality, Gideon is an extremely lonely guy, he craved attention and to be wanted. All his life he felt he was a bourden to those around him - especially his parents who sent him away
Sheri
Every time I think I have a favorite Morton book another comes along and blows me away. Another surprise was Gideon himself. I never anticipated him to elbow his way to the top. I can honestly say that I didnt care much for him (at all!) when we met him in the previous book. And one of my weaknesses is when an author turns my disdain into respect tinted with adoration. As it turns out, I absolutely adore Gid and his prickly exterior and soft warm heart. Luckily for us, he has a story. Sadly, it ...more
Debra

The fact that Lily Morton got me to not only like Gideon, but fall in love with the character is really all I need to say in this review. Gideon meets his match in Eli and I adored them together.

Full of the same feels and snark that made me love the series from the start, Gideon was another win from this author.
Ariana
*4,5 stars*

Reread February 2020

Enjoyed this a lot again, but still find the ending a bit over the top (sweet). However, the banter is simply glorious and very clever.

original review

Sassy snark. Boisterous banter. Relentless ribbing.

Gideon has all that and more.
Lily Morton has wielded her legendary skills of hilariousness and humour and outdone herself. Gideon is giving Gabe (from Lily Mortons Rule Breaker) a run for his money. And for me theyre head to head.

Gideon is 39 and has never been
Sanaa
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

There's a reason why Lily Morton is one of my favorite authors. I swear, every time she writes a new book it's better than the last and ends up being a new favorite.

Gideon is full of humor, snarky banter, amazing characters and an even better story. I loved how well the story just flowed and kept a smile on your face.

The chemistry was all there and I'm glad I gave Gideon a second chance. I wasn't sure how he was going to redeem himself after the last book. If you're a fan of Lily
Amanda
This might just be my favorite of the entire Finding Home series up to date and I don't even like Gideon when I met him in Milo's book. In fact, when I realized he will have his own book, for the first time I'm not counting down the days for a Lily Morton's release. I'm not surprised that the great, Ms Morton can change my mind, but I'm surprised that I love this book so much.

Gideon is a closeted celebrity and a total twat. The story begin with him at his lowest point in life, but he still have
.Lili.
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, age-gap

Gideon by Lily Morton gave me all I've come to expect from a Lily Morton book:

Romance ✔

Laughter ✔

Longing ✔

Feels ✔

We first met asshole Gideon in Milo. He's Milo's older brother who came across as a self-centered and jaded actor. At the beginning of this book, it's safe to say this deep in the closet actor has hit rock bottom. A nurse- sexy, good-natured, Welsh nurse is hired to get him on the mend. What neither expects is for their humorous sparring to grow into more- except anything beyond
Susan

While I liked this, I wasnt blown away.

I loved the first book because Oz was just so funny. I skipped the second book because I would have hated the drama. And I had really high hopes for this one, but it was a but dull tbh. I didnt laugh even once. The humor and crazy situations I loved so much in Oz were completely missing in this.

Not that this was bad, because it was a nice, light, sweet book. There was no relationship drama or fabricated angst, so I did like that. I think I expected
Helen
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ...... Mainly for Eli .
Joyfully Jay
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Gideon is the third book in Lily Mortons incredible Finding Home series and I just adored everything about it. Just about every time I read a book by Morton I feel like its my new favorite. Each time I think I couldnt possibly love the new book as much as the last, but I constantly find myself charmed and delighted by her wonderful mix of swoony romance, great character development, and entertaining humor.

We met Gideon in the last book, Milo, and to be honest, he
Nat ReadingAllNite
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, lescourt

After being rather unhappy over Gideons role in Milos story, I was interested in how the author would turn Gideon around. Eli was quite perfect in balancing and meshing with Gideons carefree facade, used in covering up his deep insecurity. The banter and wit was outstanding, as it always is with this series. Slow burn romance always gives a better payoff for me as a reader. I prefer an HEA to be hard-won and I loved this portrayal, where Eli is an intelligent, compassionate human, as
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
I think that this one is my favourite of the three 'Finding Home' books! Which is surprising given the fact that I intensely disliked Gideon in Milo. I thought this book was absolutely hilarious and I adored both Gideon and Eli, Gideon was amazing (even when he was being annoying, which makes no sense but that's how it is!) and I just loved seeing him falling in love with Eli and learning to accept who he was. Oh and most importantly, Eli was a bit of a dark horse which was a lovely little ...more
Ele
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, Gideon was redeemed in like...the first few pages. Takes serious talent to do that and Morton sure has it. I liked the first half better than the second though.
Snjez
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it

I have to say I liked Gideon much more than in the previous book. The first part of the story was really fun. I liked the banter between Gideon and Eli. I also liked the emails they exchanged after the cruise.

But there were a few things that affected my overall enjoyment of the book. In no particular order:
*minor spoilers ahead*

Name dropping. Not my favourite thing in books, and there was a lot of it here.

Frankie. I've noticed a bit of a pattern in this author's books there's always
Lost in a Book
4.5 Stars

Soooo in the previous book there was an element that was really off putting for me that centered around Gideon and I even mentioned it in my review for book #2. I was all wtf grrrr. Gideon sucks (even though the name is 🔥🔥).

take it back.gif

Gideon starts off with a bang as hes drinking, doing drugs, and all about sex with as many people as possible. All those vices at the same time with multiple partners is a bonus. Hes self destructing as rapidly as his declining health and hes doing anything to remain
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Gideon (Finding Home #3) (M/M Buddy Read) by Lily Morton 18 14 Jun 13, 2019 01:44PM

• Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • The Last Text
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Close to Home (Sawyer's Ferry, #4)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Virgin Flyer
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
Lily lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.
She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else would she get to spend her time with

Finding Home (3 books)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)

News & Interviews

“There are far too many Suzy Sunshines on this estate. I like a bit of vinegar with my chips.” 1 likes
“I’ll never completely know why I make him happy, but I don’t question it anymore.” 0 likes