Start by marking “Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection:” as Want to Read:
Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection:

Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection:

Valérie Minelli's tremendously popular Mrs. Frollein comics have been stirring emotion in people all over the world with heartfelt and earnest strips making fun of the mundane. These perfectly poignant webcomics find inspiration in the everyday, encompassing rainy coffee mornings, playful relationship adventures, and quiet introspective moments. The small, unexpected ...more
Published November 5th 2019 by Lion Forge

To ask other readers questions about Small Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Hours

Start your review of Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection:
Emma
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

I wasn't familiar with Mrs. Frollein comics, but I'm so happy I got the chance to discover them through this book! I just love this kind of comics where there's a little scene of about a page, they're usually very cute to read and most importantly very relatable. It's always nice to read about mundane things that most people experience on a daily basis.
If you're into this type of comics, you
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Thank you #NetGalley for providing me an advance copy of this hilarious comic collection #SmallHours

I simply adore the author/artist!
I have been an ardent follower of her comics since the start of this year and I am so glad I got to read this now!

As usual, I just couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud at some comic strips because they are so damn relatable!

But yes, there are a few comic strips that were a bit confusing and I wasn't able to tell what the comic was trying to depict.

Overall,
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Valerie Minelli and Oni Press for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

2 stars.

This was just OK. None made me laugh but a couple got me to smile. Mainly the Amazon one near the beginning of the book. I liked the illustrations. I thought that they were pretty cute. I think this is more a case of just simply not being for me as books like this I usually really enjoy. I would definitely recommend giving it a go because I can see how others would get a lot of
Natalie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is so relateable and had me in stitches! I absolutely love it and since I received a pdf copy as a reviewer, I'm really wanting to get a paper copy as this book is amazing!
There are so many relateable things in this book that it will humour everyone!
I can't wait to read more of these!
Etienne
Another web comic, about the day to day life of a couple, turn into a book. I like those, even if there is a bit too much going on and popping around now. But anyway, for me those books/comics are fun when you see yourself, or your couple, in those situations and I didn't with this one. The girl is so different from my girlfriend and the boy is very far from me, the situation didn't reflect us, and so, it was less funny to me. It was still well done and a bit above average books of this style so ...more
Carmen
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from Oni Press through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Ive been following the Mrs. Frollein comics on and off since I started seeing them pop up on my dash on social media, so I was excited when I saw this collection. One of the fun things about these comics is that theyre short while still being relatable. I think it takes talent to draw people with something small yet relatable that also draws viewers in to see a bigger picture. Plus, the artwork is absolutely
nikita ❤
**Thank you, NetGalley, for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

It's 3 am right now. I started reading it around 2:30 am, and I had a huge grin on my face for those thirty minutes! Small Hours is super adorable, super relatable, sometimes cheesy, but super beautiful (I'm talking about the art!). However, it's not memorable. So, it's a 2 star for me. Y'all should definitely read it though.
Alicia Bayer
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet little comic series based on a very likeable young woman and her sweet live-in BF. They reminded me quite often of my oldest and their fiance. The art is done mostly in black and white (there are occasionally color panels) and it's divided by season. The stories are supposed to be about the mundane and they are -- the woman trying to shave her legs and ending up just doing the bottoms and wearing capris, going to Ikea for one thing and getting $500 worth of stuff and forgetting ...more
Emma
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was OK, although for me it did not accomplish what it sets out to do. Unfortunatley none of the strips made me laugh and I only found a couple entertaining. The art style is cute and is probably the only reason I gave this 2 stars. I think this just was not for me. I cant recommend to anyone but if its your thing I guess give it a go.
Amit Verma
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun read. Collection of Mrs Frollein comics strip panels. It is about a couple and their sweet salty relationship.
Cartoons are funny and captions are the soul of work.
Each cartoons ends with a unexpected turn to either a happy or not so happy ending.
It was a quick funny read and I will like to read other works of the artist.
I read it in a single sitting and when it ended I could have read hundred more of these cartoons.
Thanks netgalley and publisher for review copy.
Kelly Long
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
I can't get enough of the cute webcomics books that have been published lately. This one has adorable pictures and a lot of relatable comics. This is a quick, lighthearted read.
Lindsay
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! There are 3 comics that I absolutely love here on insta. Mrs. Frollien is one of them. The fact that I get to read this book and review it is amazing to me. I already have it pre ordered as I love Valérie Minellis work so much! The comics are funny and honest and honestly a very close to my real life. Please never stop!

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read #reader #book #bookstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreview #greatreads
Leah Horton
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the cutest series of comics. I am pretty sure that the nerdy, klutzy, adorable girl who this comic features is based loosely on my life. Relatable and adorable, I want to read Valeries comics daily because I am pretty sure it would parallel my life.
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
This compilation of the Mrs. Frollein webcomic is divided into sections by the seasons for Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn. Each section features some comic strips that are specific to the season, and some that are just general humor. I especially liked the Christmas ones!

The humor is sweet and silly, but there were only two jokes that really made laugh. A lot of the jokes are about couples living together, so I can't relate. But there were several comics about reading, watching Harry Potter
pearl
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a very fast and pleasant read. The overall vibe of the book is: "soft comfy young straight introverted couple with mild insecurities but stable relationship poke fun at the daily mishaps and quirks of their lives". Nothing ground breaking here, but the comics are cute and a few did make me chuckle warmly.

*Thank you NetGalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
ℳacarena
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~This ARC has been gently provided in exchange for an honest review~

Funny, lovely and totally relatable. Its great the way in which Valérie Minelli illustrates different moments in life, from the most common to the deepest. One cant avoid being identified with several of these strips.

Highly recommend it.

description

description
Alex
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I received this for review from the publisher through Net Galley.

I really enjoyed this! As a nerdy introvert, a lot of these comics spoke to me! It talks about being in a long-distance relationship and dealing with grief and depression. It's organized by season and the strips relate to the season. Also, I liked how the strips were primarily black and white and switched to color when necessary!
Nii Books
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This graphic novel was sooooo charming and endearing! I loved the slice of life aspect as well as how relatable it was. I felt like sharing so many of the panels with my friends! All in all a really lovely collection of beautiful relatable moments.
Bruce
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. Some of the humor was lost to me, other parts are funny, some simply cute. A fast, light read.
Vanessa
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, fluffy, light-hearted read that doesn't take long but will be fun to go back and skip through. I think these sorts of comics garner the attention because they're so relatable and make you realize that there are other people like you. It's all about little moments of every day life.
Christine Picard
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bd-graphic, anglais
Adorable and perfect. Cute, authentic and simple. So, so true!! Loved it❤ ...more
Anniek
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was my first time reading this comic, and it was so much fun, I really liked most of the cartoons. I do always have some trouble with simple art styles that don't convey much emotion, though, and I would have liked for this to have a little more depth, maybe. I also didn't appreciate the fatphobia in a few of the cartoons. But some of the other cartoons did crack me up, and overall I definitely liked this comic.
Keira
I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Mrs Frollein is a character based off of the author Valerie Minelli, and this collection brings together the various comic strips that Valérie Minelli has drawn based on her relationship with her boyfriend, plus 25 new comics!. These comic strips are not intended to be autobiographical, and I therefore don't know whether to classify this is as non-fiction or not. Regardless, each of the comics is maximum a couple of pages long and
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.
YESSSS I just love her comics, so happy to see them bundled together along with new ones. *dances* Review to come.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Small Hours through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

If youve spent anytime browsing around online, then the odds are good that youre going to recognize the name; Mrs. Frollein. Or, at the very least, recognize the artwork found within this book. Mrs. Frollein is a charming web series written and drawn by the lovely and talented Valerie Minelli.
Minelli has such a way about making her comics connect to a wide array of readers. And its all because of the
Melanie Wood
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
German illustrator Valérie Minelli is the hand behind the webcomic Mrs.Frollein - a collection of greyscale cartoons spotlighting quiet moments of love and life. Its deliberately sweet.

Some are hilarious and I laughed myself to the brink of a hysterical chasm during the first section - Spring. Others are more heartfelt or are reflections on consumerism, reading, Instagram behaviour, hot summer nights, houseplants, the advent of Christmas, and cooking habits. Minellis superpower is her ability to
Anjana
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another set of comic strips that are based on the life of a couple who are very comfortable with and around each other. It has all the small events and actions that take place as interactions. The little things make up a large chunk of the comics, and they are funny as well as warm. The drawings are a bit on the caricature side, but they convey the story.

Some of the initial choices felt a little repetitive, but like most collections, it got better the more I found my way into the book. I
Petra
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Small Hours is a collection of (mostly) four-panel comics featuring mundane, but relatable, moments in life. I'd seen some of Minelli's work online, but wasn't too familiar with it, so I don't know how many of the comics are repeats of ones posted online. They were basically all new to me.

I enjoyed these comics quite a bit. The characters are adorable and, though I am not a relationship person, a lot of these made me
ReadingAllNight
Overall this is a cute little collection of comics. I have never heard of the webcomic series but since I enjoyed War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers thought I would check out another webcomic to book series. While I found most of the comics cute and thought the art style adorable,most of the comics were just not to my personal taste. There were a few I liked more than others . Think if you like cute little relationship comics you would probably get more out of this than I did.

* I
Wayne McCoy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
'Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection' by Valerie Minelli collects some of her popular webcomic.

The strips are divided into sections by seasons and feature mostly ordinary things like morning breath, trips to Ikea, living with someone you love. There are strips about leg shaving and social media and pets.

The art and strips are cute. I didn't find them laugh out loud funny, but they were nice. There are other strip collections I've read that they remind me of, so they didn't feel wholly
« previous 1 3 next »

• Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • Dewdrop
  • Les jours sucrés
  • That Can Be Arranged: A Muslim Love Story
  • The Awkward Yeti Presents: How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories
  • Everything Is Beautiful, and I'm Not Afraid: A Baopu Collection
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons
  • Baby: A Soppy Story
  • I Hope You Stay
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world
  • Stephen Hawking (Pequeño & GRANDE, #2)
  • David Attenborough