Start by marking “Lucky Chance Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Lucky Chance Cowboy

Lucky Chance Cowboy

(Big Chance Dog Rescue #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  56 ratings  ·  34 reviews
At Big Chance Dog Rescue, everyone can find a forever home

Marcus Talbott is a soldier through and through, and he's not going to let an injury keep him from his Army unit. Sure, his last mission nearly broke his back, but that's nothing his positive attitude and work ethic can't fix, right? In the meantime, he's got a place on the board at the Big Chance Dog Rescue, and
Published January 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Chance Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Chance Cowboy

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Lucky Chance Cowboy
Books Just 4 Me
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cowboy-western
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and have been looking forward to Marcus’ and Emma’s story. I do think it helps if you read book 1 to have a better grasp on the characters and their relationships. This one really only focused on the MCs and the other ones were less defined. Emma was very skeptical about Marcus’ injury and therapy unfortunately due to her late husband’s problems. They didn’t communicate for the first half of the book, rather all assumption were kept in Emma’s head ...more
Zøe Haslie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
· “You can love someone without losing yourself in the process.” ·

*I got an ARC of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I must admit that when I requested an ARC of this book, I was mislead by the title and the cover and was actually expecting a more cowboy story and that . . . well, that didn’t quite happen. But my dissappointment was soon forgotten when I found myself turning the pages non-stop!

After Emma lost her husband to a war, the last thing she wants to do is
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick’s review

What is up with this title? There were no cowboys in this story or in this series for that matter and it does the book a disservice. This series revolves around a ranch that plans to take shelter dogs and teach them to help veterans in need, the Big Chance Dog Rescue is more than a dog rescue, it’s a place for injured veterans to find their way back from all sorts of situations they survived while serving their country. I love the premise of this series, but for me this
Aly
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite a serious spine injury that almost left him cripple, Marcus Talbott intend to redeploy as soon as the doc clear him. While they're trying to recover, him and an other injured friend followed their other Army buddy in Texas, to help him with the non profit organization he started to rehabilitate rescued dogs and offer support to other veterans.

The first time he met Emma, his buddy's sister, they both felt the attraction. But something happened that reminded her of a sad part of her life
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I absolutely loved the first book in this series and I was really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately, it just didn’t quite work for me. Marcus is one of the injured soldiers recovering at Big Chance Dog Rescue and Emma is the sister of Adam, the man who started the dog rescue ranch.

On their own, both Marcus and Emma are complicated, likeable characters. Emma struggles to make ends meet while caring for her grandfather
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-review, 2020
I enjoyed my trip back to Big Chance Ranch and the gang there. This story focuses on Marcus and Emma and their attraction to each other but fighting it every step of the way.

I really enjoy the premise of this series - veterans training dogs to be service animals for veterans suffering from PTSD and a myriad of other issues.

There is a bad guy that I saw coming a mile away and he set off my internal red flags right from the start. Thankfully there is a good resolution to this situation.

Looking
Rochelle
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
First book that I have read from this author. Second book in the series. It was an ok read for me. Marcus and Emma were a good couple. Good story line.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Slick
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-book-read
For me this book was a disappointment; too much drama, not enough communication, a contrived setback for the ranch, and not near enough time between Marcus and Emma when they weren't aruging, distrusting of each other, or talking about her late husband. Where was the romance?
Carrollwood Books & More
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This 2nd book in the series does not disappoint, Emma is an emotionally scarred widow taking care of her grandfather with dementia & Marcus is an injured Army ranger struggling to heal and get back to his unit. The characters have depth which make them interesting with real life issues to overcome.

I've read both books in this series & now I'm hooked. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series revolves around a ranch started by an Army veteran with the intend of matching service dogs with vets needing some type of emotional and/or physical support. Having loved book one, I knew this was a must read and it truly was.
This story belongs to Emma Stern and Marcus Talbott.
Emma, the sister of Adam, founder of the rescue ranch, is also a widow of a veteran that came back ill and addicted to pain killers. She has not recovered from her past and has no desire to get involved with
Margie
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Big Chance Dog Rescue is having financial troubles. The vets pull out all stops to keep it running.

She first set eyes on him in the Big Chance Dairy Queen when she and her grandfather stopped in to get a bite to eat. There he was, a tall, well-built man who oozed sexuality and hotness. The guy with him didn't even register. Emma Collins Stern, emotionally depleted widow, was so discombobulated she couldn't even place her order. When she turned around to check on her grandfather who suffers from
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Lucky Chance Cowboy is the second title in the Big Chance Dog Rescue series, and like the first story, Marcus and Emma’s romance is an emotional journey.

Marcus truly believes that his only role in life is as a soldier, he doesn’t really know any other lifestyle. So in spite of an injury during his last mission, Marcus is convinced that he’ll be back to his job just as soon as this pesky rehab and exam are over and done with. The truth is, even Marcus will admit in his
Michelle
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I almost stopped reading the book due to the story was too slow. I glad that I stuck with the story - it has several holes in the story - but not enough to really drive the reader crazy. The main characters in the story are each dealing with their own PTSD. Emma is still trying to keep the guilt she has about her husband killing himself and the death of her dog. She still lives and works for her in-laws and has kept her husband addiction problems to herself to protect their memories of him. Emma ...more
Lynn Brooks
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sexy soldiers with loads of heart! With the second book in her Big Chance Dog Rescue series Teri Anne Stanley delights with another wounded soldier finding love in LUCKY CHANCE COWBOY. If you read the first book in the series you will recognize and reconnect with most of the characters quickly.

Marcus is an enjoyable character. He is a good guy trying to heal enough from his back injury to get back to active duty with his team. He doesn't want to admit the pain he's truly in on a daily basis, and
Sharon Grow
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful second book in this series. Marcus Talbott is positive with time and rehab his back injury will heal so that he can rejoin his unit. Emma Stern, Adam’s sister, has survived the tragedy of losing her military husband to PTSD. Although attracted to Marcus, when she realizes that he might be depending on the drugs the doctors prescribed, she just can’t get involved. Adam, founder of the Rescue, relies on Emma to handle some of the rescue operations while she works full time and takes ...more
Desiree Bowser
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy for my honest opinion. This is the second book in the series.

I throughly enjoyed this book. Emma, our heroine, is a loyal, tattooed widow. She has a big heart. Emma tried to take care of her grandfather, who has dementia.
Marcus, our hero, is an injured vet with a positive attitude and gets along with everyone. He and Emma don’t usually get along but they have crazy sexual tension.

Emma and Marcus have to go to a vet service conference together for Emma’s brothers vet
Linda Quick
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The characters were interesting and had a depth that made them feel real and come alive on the pages. Emma is an emotionally scarred widow just trying to survive while surrounded by her husband's memories everywhere she turns. Marcus is an injured Army ranger who is struggling to heal and get back to his unit. Despite all the complications, they can't seem to stay apart.

I found myself deeply engrossed in this novel and hated to put it down. I loved the characters and their
Ashley Hampton
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this story, specifically the premise of the plot - a rescue created to train dogs for veterans in need of canine assistance for whatever reason (and the reasons varied). Having worked with this population professionally, the plot was extremely important to me. Most of the details were accurate; a few were not, which impacted my overall rating. It also wasn't clear why the title referenced a cowboy when there weren't cowboys involved. Either way, Marcus and Emma were great characters with ...more
Rebecca Goss
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Big Chance Dog Rescue is a program to unite rescued shelter dogs with veterans who need them. Marcus hides the extent of his injuries, probably because he can’t accept it and the consequences it will bring. Emma, trains dogs and assists her brother Adam in running the program. She has her own baggage due to being a widow of a veteran that struggled after coming home. The characters are multifaceted and the concept is intriguing. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All ...more
Toni
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Veterans helping veterans and rescuing dogs? Yes, please. We met Emma and Marcus in the first book in this series and now we get to learn so much more about both of them. Prickly cactuses both. They try to keep people at arms-length, but with the addition of a few furry friends they realize that prickly doesn’t create meaningful and sometimes when you think you aren’t helping you really are in ways you don’t even begin to know.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novel.
Karen Roma
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lucky Chance Cowboy is the second instalment in Teri Anne Stanley’s Big Chance Dog Rescue, and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and the plot. The author did an exceptional job of developing Marcus and Emma’s characters and outlining their individual backstories. But as always, the real winners in this story were the dogs! The references to the training and the funny moments were a breath of fresh air. I’m looking forward to the next in this series.
Ramona
Feb 05, 2020 added it
Although the title is a little misleading...this is another incredible book by Teri Anne Stanley. In giving you Marcus and Emma's story she brings light to PTSD and animals and it is such a wonderful thing.
Marcus and Emma fight their mutual affection but for not.
This book will keep you page turning all through out.
Stormy Feibel
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Complementary copy given for honest review and opinion.
This book is an in-depth look at the struggle of how the military sacrifices for our freedom and the pain of injuries related to such. Their identity is tied to the mission and this book shows the massive life change when that mission is aborted.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma kept making me mad. She was judging and thinking the worst of Marcus. On the other hand Marcus did nothing to try and change the opinion of what others saw in him. I'm not sure if it was pride or something else. These characters touched me in order to get these kinds of emotions out of me.
Melinda
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Lucky Chance Cowboy” written by the wonderful romance author “Teri Anne Stanley” will make you completely fall in love with this story. This was just what I needed. Sweet, heartwarming, witty, delightful story that I zoomed through with a smile on my face. Pick up a copy today! Happy reading!!
Shirley Linn
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucky Chance Cowboy was an interesting read. It had endearing characters but, the dogs won my heart. I love reading stories about dogs and especially rescue dogs. Overall, this was a great read and I would recommend it.
Earlene Harrison
LOVE this book and the whole Series!!

The book was fantastic and I praised the author on how well the research on the different races and the way they talk along with the lingo of military slang!!
Gina
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written story about injured service men and women and finding them a furever service dog to complete them. Everyone needs rescuing every now and then, and everyone deserves second chances. I love this series!!!
Anne
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy her books but one thing angers me. In each book there has been abused dogs. The first one fed to the storyline so I get it. I don’t like it but I get it. The second book, it was totally unnecessary. I’ll read one more if there is one and if a dog is abused in that one, I am done.
Tracie R
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
The second book in Big Chance Dog Rescue, Lucky Chance Cowboy gives us Marcus and Emma’s story. A refreshingly wonderful read, I enjoyed the well delivered story full of engaging characters and wonderful animals. I will be looking forward to reading more

• Cold Nose, Warm Heart (Fur Haven Dog Park, #1)
  • Country Hearts
  • A Cowboy Never Quits (Turn Around Ranch #1)
  • Cowboy Tough
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • Cowboy Courage (Longhorn Canyon, #6)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Born to Be a Cowboy (Montana Strong, #3)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Christmas Angels
  • Love at First Bark (Rescue Me, #4)

Big Chance Dog Rescue (2 books)
  • Big Chance Cowboy