Start by marking “Under a Firefly Moon” as Want to Read:
Under a Firefly Moon

Under a Firefly Moon

(Blue Hollow Falls #4)

Blue Hollow Falls may be a small Blue Ridge Mountain town, but it's big on love--and second chances . . .

When former barrel racer Cheyenne McCafferty left the circuit, she left her past behind too. Now, as part owner of Lavender Blue farm, she's content rescuing and rehabbing horses, and growing a new business. She's only got one regret: letting go of Wyatt Reed.
Published January 28th 2020 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Under a Firefly Moon, please sign up.
Gina This is a full book in the Blue Hollow Falls Series, and Donna Kauffman's website seems to point to it as the first in a series of Spinoffs to Blue…moreThis is a full book in the Blue Hollow Falls Series, and Donna Kauffman's website seems to point to it as the first in a series of Spinoffs to Blue Hollow Falls. "Book #1 in the Firefly Lake series (part of the BHF universe) will go on sale January 28th!"(less)

Start your review of Under a Firefly Moon
Claire Robinson
3.5 - "If you want me... I'm all in." Stars!

We return to Blue Hollow Falls and Lavender Blue Farm & Tearoom for more adventures with the Fearsome Foursome. Chey McCafferty has been a solid presence in the previous books set around the ladies and their growing business, but shes been the hardest nut to crack in relation to getting to know anything more about her. Under a Firefly Moon gives us that story, and her a second chance at first love.

"We come from the kind of life that most people
Taryn
Shelves: romance
Cheyenne was a barrel racer but left that life behind to make some much needed changes in her life. She became part owner in a horse rehab and rescue farm called Lavender Blue. She loves her new life and has settled in quite nicely only regretting one thing, leaving a certain cowboy behind. She felt like she was to young to make any important decision at that time in her life. He disappeared right after revealing his feelings for her, she turned away from him thinking that was the right decision ...more
Chris Conley
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This seems like an amazing place to live!!!
Susan
Good story of second chance love, friendship, and family. Chey and Wyatt have a history. They were rodeo kids at the same time, best friends, along with Chey's brother, Cody, and later, Tory. As they grew older, Wyatt's feelings for Chey changed, but when he expressed those feelings, she shut him down. Wyatt left the rodeo soon after before Chey realized the truth of her own feelings, and they haven't seen each other since.

Years later, grieving the death of her bull-rider brother, Chey became
Cathy Geha
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Under a Firefly Moon by Donna Kauffman
Blue Hollow Falls #4

Marvelous second chance romance that sees Cheyenne McCafferty and Wyatt Reed come together over a decade after they parted in their teens. They had perhaps been too young to find their HEA back then but by the time they meet in this book they are definitely ready to be together forever in some ways it is like coming home for both of them. It wasnt all smooth sailing but there definitely was not drama or push-pull and I enjoyed that
Miss W Book Reviews
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Under a Firefly Moon is Book 4 in the Blue Hollow Falls Series.

I LOVE THIS SERIES ! Second Chance Trope is my favorite!

In this book, we get to read about Cheyenne (Chey) and Wyatt's story who are seeing each other for the first time since they were only teenagers.

The characters are so well written and I love how strong, independent and confident the female characters are. They are not waiting around for the male characters to save them.

Blue Hollow Falls is a small town that I am in love with
Gale
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just adore the Blue Hollow Falls series and was super excited to read Cheyenne McCaffertys story. Although it is a standalone, it is part of the Blue Hollow Falls series even as the publisher lists it as book one of a new series. Sorta confusing administrative pieces but the story and the book are perfect. I have read and loved all the previous books and waited impatiently for this story.

No spoilers so I will say what I loved about this book. When we were introduced to Cheyenne and Lavender
Carolyn
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kauffman-donna
I do love this series. And, who doesn't love a second-chance story? Two different couples get their second chances in this one.

I hope this isn't the last book in this emotional, heart warming series. It is wonderful.
Linda Smatzny
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Modern romance set in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The main characters are two people who were best friends until age 16 when the boy told the girl he loved her and she couldn't accept that. It is now years later and both have grown and want the friendship back.The story shows how nature can be saved but still move forward. The book was a quick easy read.
Cindy (Romance addict)
This is the latest book in the Blue Hollow Falls series. Did not keep me engaged nearly as well as the other books in this series. Still a decent read.
Glittergirl
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We finally get former barrel racer Cheyenne McCafferty's story and best of all it's a second chance story! These stories set in Kentucky's Blue Ridge Mountains are just so rich in small town connections and beautiful settings. This story highlights being environmentally enriching without destroying the charm of the area and making the world a better place. I loved how the town got together to fight the deep pocket developers.

Cheyenne's life on the rodeo circuit destructed with the violent death
Jan Fore
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Under A Firefly Moon
Donna Kauffman
January 28, 2020

The ladies of the Lavender Farm up their ante when it comes to what the farm will provide. Each has provided their own talents to home and the lavender products that sell to tourists and townsfolk of Blue Hollow Falls. Cheyenne McCafferty has brought in horses to the farm. They are rescues that she has nursed back to health. Visitors have an opportunity to ride trails in the area. Her childhood friend Victoria or Tory as she is known, travels
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Under A Firefly Moon begins the Firefly Lake series which is part of the Blue Hollow Falls universe. If you havent discovered Blue Hollow Falls and all of its quirky, endearing residents then Chey and Wyatts story will most likely have you wanting to sit a spell and visit with their friends once you finish this story. Its a lovely, addictive world that, if you love this one then youll enjoy knowing what went on before.

When they were younger Chey and Wyatt were
Karen
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story that introduced some new characters, a corrupt town council, a movie star, an old friend, and two people finding their happily ever afters.

Chey and Wyatt were best of friends growing up on the rodeo circuit. But after a declaration of love and it not being reciprocated, they went their separate ways. Chey realized too late that she was in love with Wyatt, but maybe it just wasn't their time yet.

Chey ends up rescuing Wyatt's old rodeo horse. He was badly neglected and needed much love
Jennifer Ritter
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Under a Firefly Moon is the latest book in Donna Kauffmans Blue Hollow Falls series. Former rodeo barrel racer Cheyenne McCafferty has found a family of friends brought together by intense grief each endured. Together they have embarked on a new lifestyle and business venture in Lavender Blue farms. In addition, Chey has the stables where she works to rehab horses and offers riding lessons.

Chey invited her girlhood rodeo friend Tory Fuller to come work with her at the farm when Tory located
Claire Mc Partlin
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series, there is such a warm feeling in the Blue Hollow Falls community, and the lavender farm in this book, which sounds like an idyllic place to live.

The lavender farm part of this series is about four women, who met at a grief meeting and each had their own sad story, who became great friends and in the end business partners who invest in the lavender farm together, but all have their own living space on the property.

This book is mainly Cheyenne's story who runs the stables
Eileen
Shelves: netgalley, publisher, blog
I LOVED Chey and Wyatts story in Under a Firefly Moon by Donna Kauffman, book 1 in her Firefly Lake series, taking place in Blue Hollow Falls, and I really struggled to put it down; visualizing the beauty of this place through its descriptive words. Chey McCafferty is the fourth of the fearsome foursome owning the Lavender Blue farm, rescuing and rehabbing horses. She loves her new life but has only one major regret; letting go of Wyatt Reed back when they were teens on the rodeo circuit. When ...more
Patricia Romero
We are back at Lavender Blue Farm! A place for healing, hope and as many chances as you need to find your way home.

This is number four in the series. The women who own the farm are like family to each other and they have all suffered in their lives. But here they have found safety and their own inner strength and are all following their dreams.

This is Chey's turn. The former barrel racer has worked hard to forget the pain of her past and what she lost. She has found healing at Lavender Blue and
Gina
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book through Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

What would you risk for a second chance with the one that got away? Would you be willing to give up the life you have built, which has begun to give you fulfillment and happiness after you have moved on, past the pain and grief that has plagued you for years? That is the question that runs throughout this book, as Cheyenne and Wyatt connect for the first time since their teenage years. This is a story about
Sandy
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
This is the story of Chey McCafferty, who is the fourth partner in the Lavender Blue farm, and is part of the Blue Hollow Falls series (or maybe the first in the Firefly Lake series? The ARC didn't have a finished cover).

Chey and Wyatt Reed are longtime friends and companions from being on the rodeo circuit when much younger. They'd split up when they were 17 -- young love and all that. Wyatt disappeared, leaving behind Chey, his horse Buttercup, and his abusive father, for parts unknown. Their
Sue Galuska
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Donna Kauffman's Lavender Blue story we met former barrel racer Cheyenne McCafferty and one of the owners of the Lavender Blue farm. Chey doesn't have many regrets in her life but letting Wyatt Reed go was her biggest.

When Chey reconnects with Tory Fuller, another former barrel racer the last thing she ever expected was to see Wyatt standing at her farm. It seems that Tory was tired of Chey and Wyatt not talking and decided to do something about it.

As Chey and Wyatt spend more time together,
Christiana
I received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do.

AlwaysV
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful love story. I picked it up because I loved the title and it was Book #1 in a series too. That's what Amazon said: Firefly Lake Book 1! I didn't realize it was Book #4 in Blue Hallow Falls Series. Fortunately, my library carries this entire series. I will back track and read Book #1 later.

Wyatt and Cheyenne's love story was a gorgeous read. They were both lovable people who deserved a second chance at happy ending. They were back together in a perfect place for lovers, Firefly
Quinn Fforde
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been a very engrossing series, and I was excited to see how it would all tie up. I love this group of four women who are trying to move on together after devastating losses.
Both Chey and Wyatt have tried to oversome their struggles by leaving the past completely behind. It turns out that not everything in the past was bad, though. They discover that they can bring the good parts into their present and make them part of the future. It is easy to feel the base of friendship that they
Doreen Prentiss Gabriellini
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Under a Firefly Moon is the latest book in Donna Kauffmans Blue Hollow Falls series. While this book is part of a series this book can easily stand alone. I was drawn in to this story full of laughter, tears, confusion, love, understanding and second chances. Donna Kauffmans characters are so wonderfully charming and have such depth that you feel like you know them. Each book in the series focuses on a different character in Blue Hollow Falls.

The story is set in Kentucky's Blue Ridge Mountains
Paula
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Blue Hollow Falls is home to people who love the Blue Ridge Mountains and care about the land is where they are living. Without even knowing it, Wyatt Reed is just what they needed so that is exactly who Donna Kauffman continues to give us in Under a Firefly Moon. Of course, he is also exactly what Cheyenne McCafferty needs too.

Like the other books in the series, Under a Firefly Moon has a strong vivid sense of place with small town life and close friendship bonds. This community has
Carrie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC through Netgalley.

Under a Firefly Moon contains a combination of my two favorite tropes: second chance and friends-to-lovers. Cheyenne and Wyatt grew up together on the rodeo circuit. Wyatt had feelings for Chey, but they werent reciprocated. Wyatt left and Chey realized her mistake too late. They havent seen each since until a mutual friend and beloved horse brings them back together. The camaraderie and connection they had growing up is still there, as well as chemistry.
Kimberly
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

Donna Kauffman is one of my favorite authors and this is just another example as to why. This is a very quick read even though it is about 300 pages.

In this latest Blue Hollow Falls novel Chey and Wyatt meet back up Years ago they were teenage friends until Wyatt admitted his feelings for Chey and the friendship splintered. But now they are adults and life is different.

I have always loved Kauffman and her writing style. I love the way she writes her
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chey really opens up and shares her past. She was always quiet and this is a very different side of her. Chey meets her best friend Tory when traveling to purchase a horse from her past. Tory ends up taking a job at Lavender Blue Farm and brings something along with her. Wyatt was not expecting to see Chey, being the one that has been taking care of his horse from many years ago. They instantly connect after not seeing each other for many years and sparks fly. The last time they saw each other ...more
Kathleen Gray
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A second chance romance and a group of strong women all in one! Don't worry if you haven't read the earlier books in this lovely series about a group of women who have all experienced loss and their lavender farm- Kauffman gives you their back stories so that you can fully appreciate where they are today. Cheyenne, a former barrel racer, has been rescuing and rehabbing horses, keeping her love of equines alive. She's surprised when Buttercup, a horse once owned by Wyatt, who she loved as a youth ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Home Sweet Home
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Country Strong (Painted Pony Creek #1)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Starting Over at Blueberry Creek (Sweetwater Springs Book 4) / Sealed with a Kiss
  • Wildflower Ranch (The Canyon #2.5)
  • One Simple Wish: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 1)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Seabreeze Sunset (Summer Beach #3)
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • A Nantucket Affair
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Summer on Moonlight Bay / Then There Was You
  • A Copper Mountain Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1,2,4)
USA Today bestseller and award winning author of the Cupcake Club series and the Blueberry Cove series, DONNA KAUFFMAN has been gratified to see her books get rave reviews in venues ranging from Kirkus Reviews and Library Journal to Entertainment Weekly and Cosmopolitan. She lives in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern Virginia, where she is happily working on the next book in her ...more

Blue Hollow Falls (5 books)
  • Blue Hollow Falls