Start by marking “Heartbreaker (Bulletproof Butterfly #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Heartbreaker (Bulletproof Butterfly #1.5)

Heartbreaker

(Bulletproof Butterfly #1.5)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

I wasn’t supposed to be in town for long. Get in, get the job done, and get out.

Easy. Simple.

She was never supposed to happen, and her baby girl sure as hell wasn’t part of my plans. I didn’t need the complication and I certainly wasn’t planning on staying.

“Mommy’s scared, Ryan. Don’t leave.”

Five words. That
Published May 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published February 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartbreaker

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

Good lord, I wanted to smack the everloving SH!T out of both the main characters in this one. Talk about annoying...full review to come after the release date.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Siobhan
Heartbreaker is a quick Bulletproof Butterfly novella, although you do not need to read Bulletproof Butterfly to understand this one. It is set in the same world, with known characters, but it can be understood without any prior knowledge – such is how I entered this one, without any prior knowledge.

I’ll be completely honest, I expected something a bit more from this one. The book had the potential to be extremely emotional, based upon some of the topics involved, yet I was never sucked into the
Cocktails and Books
The novella strikes again. I should have loved this book, but the hurried pace of rushing this couple through their courtship and the small suspense plot killed it for me. I think Ryan and Opal deserved a full length novel.
bookmarkbelles
2.5/5 stars
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
I read this novella as a stand-alone and now all I want to do is go back and devour all the other books because this was SO good! It definitely didn’t feel like I was reading a novella, this read like a full length novel with brilliant writing and wonderful story. Overflowing with sweetness and still packing plenty of heat Ryan and Opal’s story was off the charts good. When I wasn’t swooning over how much ryan adored Opal, I was melting at how precious he was with her daughter. This one will def ...more
Nancy
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay for Opal!!!!

I was so thrilled to learn we were getting Opal’s story. That poor girl has been through enough and she so deserved her HEA!!!! I absolutely loved how Ryan took his time with her and didn’t push her into anything. He let her come to the realization on her own and I thought that was so important for a girl like Opal.

Ryan is such a badass and that mouth on him, hubba hubba lol… He was great and I absolutely loved him. The way he was with Olivia melted me in all the right places! T
Dana
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Heartbreaker is Opal and Ryan’s Book and I loved it!!!! The heartbreak that Opal endured was just that...heartbreaking.

Ryan....holy ALPHA hotness!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I love this man! It doesn’t hurt that he is a US Marshal, um...yeah ALPHA all the way!!!!!

Natshane
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

**3 Heartbreaker Stars**

"I'm not scared to love; I'm afraid to "

Opal's painful past instilled a fear of opening her heart to another man, let alone someone as irresistibly sexy as Ryan. But Ryan leads a dangerous life and she knows the greatest danger of all is the risk he poses to her heart. Will she find the courage to let someone in again? Or will the hurt from the past prevent her from ever finding happiness?

It was a quick & steamy read and rather enjoyable, however, I'm on the fen
Tanja Kezmic
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: omgreads
This is a fast paced, short read about a woman who has loved and lost and a man who knows the minute he sees her that she is IT for him.

The story itself had a good plot but I just wished it had a couple of more chapters because it felt too rushed and I didn't connect with the story as I would have liked because of that.

But despite that I like the characters; Ryan for knowing she is everything he's looking for in a woman. For loving her baby girl. For doing everything in his power to keep them s
Meghan Murphy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Heartbreaker by Anna Brooks is a Bulletproof Butterfly novella. It can be read as a standalone. When i first met Opal in Bulletproof Butterfly I was hoping that she would get her own story. That girl has been through so much in her young life I needed her to get her HEA! Ms. Brooks wrote a beautifully touching story that had my emotions all over the place. Ryan and Opal’s journey is part tragic and part hopeful with so much heart and heat in between.

Opal has survived a tragedy that most
Brandy Roberts
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed heartbreaker which wasn't a surprise I love all of Anna Brooks books this being one of my favorites . After reading bulletproof butterfly I couldn't wait to get my hands on this couples story it can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend that you start with that one first you may run into some minor spoilers .
Three Chicks
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

Opal is Olive's sister from Bulletproof Butterfly. Olive's fiance Jay has taken her and her little girl, Olivia, under his wing. Olive's a single mom working two jobs to give her daughter the life she deserves. She has no time for men or relationships.

When the four of them are out on their way to lunch, a stranger approaches them. Only he's no stranger to Jay. Ryan Breaker is a US Marshall and a good friend of Jay's. He's temporarily in town working a case. Once he sets his ey
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Hmm. I wanted to love it. I love single parent tropes. The writing just did not draw me in. I couldn't invest in the characters. Time went by without explanation. The sister was pregnant and then a few chapters later, everyone was at her wedding and Opal says she is holding her cute nephew. It took me a minute to realize this must be Liv's baby. There was no mention of another sibling. It need some work overall.
Tammy Cole
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read Opal story since reading Olives book. This was really good and my only complaint is that I wanted more from them. I know it's a novella but I think I would have liked more story from them. I liked how alpha and protective Ryan was and his interaction with Olivia was really sweet.
Carrie
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story about Opal & Ryan! I struggled w/ Liv & Jay's story because it was a past-present situation, but I still loved them & it was nice to see a bit of their continuing story in this one. Opal has been through some rough patches, and she's scared, but the way Ryan handles everything just really put a smile on my face throughout their story! And little Olivia is adorable & a great addition. Two thumbs way up for this one! : )
Sheila'S Book Corner
Be Still My Beating Heart. OMFG ladies you all are gonna love Ryan. But then again when  haven't we loved any Hero Anna Brooks gives us. Not only does she write gripping love stories but they are all hot and sensual.

This is Opal's quick ride to HEA. She and Olivier get the perfect Man come into their lives.... He treasures Opal and her daughter...
He is Alpha and damn determined to get his girls to make him a permanent fixture in their lives.

It was beautiful reading these two loves story. I wa
Jennifer Dicenzo
I loved this book! I was hoping that Opal would be getting a story after Bulletproof Butterfly. My only complaint is that I wish it was longer. I really enjoy all these characters so I just wanted more from them all. But I understand this book is supposed to be shorter. This author is amazing at weaving in the suspense, sexiness and romance into a great book.
If you haven’t read this author yet you need to pick up one. You’ll be hooked!
Lily Garcia
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! I didn’t want this story to end so soon! This was an angsty and suspenseful short story! I FLOVED Opal and Ryan so much! Olivia was adorable and I seriously wasn’t expecting to cry so much 😭 I can’t wait for Anna’s next book! 💜
Sarah Armstrong
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was great. Sexy cop, single mom & a adorable little girl. Great story, little suspense & some sexy time. Plus an amazing epilogue.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"Wow! What a great novella!!!! I had read Jay and Livvie’s story, Bulletproof Butterfly, and really enjoyed it.

The only downside was it is a novella....I want more of Ryan and Opal.....plus Olivia!!!! Opal’s little girl was just adorable!!!!!"
Liz
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good, quick and enjoyable read. Full of angst, a bit of suspense and a very sexy alpha male.

Happy reading!
Lauren
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love loved this story!! It was a sexy, flirty, quick read that was still jam packed with an extremely well written storyline.
As always it’s such a treat to hear from previous characters and see what they’re up to. I’ve kinda missed alpha Jay.
Ryan has some serious swoon skills going on! Gah! I want him!!
My heart broke for Opal and what she went through at such a young age but she really found her perfect match in Ryan. Hmm, now if only he has a brother?!
Konny
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaker by Anna Brooks is a Bulletproof Butterfly novella. The previous book, Bulletproof Butterfly tells Livvie and Jays story.
Opal is a 21 year old single mom and sister of Livvie. She, her sister and her brother - in - law are tight. Opal has a lot of baggage and issues.
When she meets Ryan Breaker they have this crazy insta chemistry. But Opal hesitates to act on it.
Ryan is a good guy. Hes a US Marshal, constantly on the road and friends with Jay. He wanted to leave town soon, but now he
Luisa Rivas
A novella about a couple who fell in love at first sight. Opal was just about to have lunch with her sister Olive and her daughter Olivia when Ryan appeared. He was just arrived in town for an assignment and Olive invited him to lunch. Olivia instantly connected with Ryan and played with him. Opal and Ryan felt an instant attraction but Opal shut the attraction down because she has issues. And the fact that Ryan drives a bike made it more decisive.

Ryan is a US Marshal who gave up on love after
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Heartbreaker by Anna Brooks is a Bulletproof Butterfly novella, however, can truly be read as a standalone. I did not read Bulletproof Butterfly, though I did add it to my TBR, but never considered myself lost at all.

In Heartbreaker, we meet Opal, a twenty-one-year-old single mother and her brother-in-law’s friend, Ryan Breaker. Opal had such a huge loss at such a young age and finds it very difficult to open up again and let someone in her and Liv’s life again. Ryan has been disappointed in th
Kim
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got roped into purchasing this, because of that blurb: "Mommy's scared, Ryan. Don't leave." I thought, "oof, this is gonna be good." Turns out - that one-line in the blurb is all the good I could find.

Upon further reflection, I thought it might be better if this was not a novella? If it were a full-length novel, maybe there'd be more quality to the story. I had to stop at the point where after being told to stay put inside her bedroom, stupid book heroine had to rescue her hero from 2 B&E
Em__Jay
Heartbreaker was my first Anna Brooks book and I liked it.

Ryan falls for Opal at first sight and I can see how his alpha ways made Opal uneasy. Added to this, Ryan is in town temporarily so he is not the ideal candidate to hitch your I-want-a-committed-relationship wagon to.

What I liked about Ryan is that even with his commanding manner he was not afraid to show his softer side to Opal or her daughter, Olivia. It was nice to read about a hero whose carrying around his own vulnerabilities after h
Patty Montoro
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I love Anna's writing style. This book is no exception. I would recommend reading Bulletproof Butterfly first. Opal is sweet, shy and strong . She is raising her little girl Olivia all by herself. Ryan is take charge , protective and dedicated to his work. Olivia is a bundle of joy and love. Both of them have been hurt in the past. Ryan is drawn to Opal. Ryan realizes he wants a home and family. Opal realizes being with someone who has her back would be nice. She finally admits how she fee ...more
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryan and Opal's story is hot and heavy from the jump! Heartbreaker is a novella following Opal, a young, single mother and Ryan, a hot US Marshall. Opal is afraid of getting hurt again following the death of her daughters father. Ryan just wants Opal...but when she find out he rides a motorcycle, she doesn't want any part of him...she can't lose someone else like she did Josh. What she doesn't expect is Ryan's tenacity to get what he wants. And he wants Opal. The best part? He loves her daughter ...more
Sabrina Thompson PA
This was the first book that I have read from Ms. Brooks and I adored this story. It was so sugary sweet, I couldn’t stop smiling. The chemistry between Ryan and Opal was magnetic and palpable. It was undeniably sexy and steamy, with a bit of sadness throughout. The character development was well thought out and executed. The characters personalities really shone through. I am in love with Opal’s daughter, she is sassy and funny! The story arc was believable and relatable. My one complaint, was ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Do Over
  • Switching for Her (Blasphemy, #5)
  • Saving Grace
  • Buried Alive
  • Untainted (Tainted Black, #2)
  • Jagged (Whiskey Sharp, #2)
  • Disturbing His Peace (The Academy, #3)
  • Her Debt (Lock and Key, #1)
  • Uncharted (Uncharted, #1)
  • Bad Dad
  • Hey, Whiskey
  • Cocksure (Cocksure, #1)
  • Something So Irresistible (Something So, #3)
  • The Hail You Say (Hail Raisers #5)
  • Damaged (Sins and Secret Series of Duets #3)
  • Dirt (Evergreen, #1)
  • Under the Lights (Bright Lights #1)
  • His Wicked Ways
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy roma

Bulletproof Butterfly (1 books)
  • Bulletproof Butterfly