Start by marking “The Black Mask” as Want to Read:
The Black Mask

The Black Mask

Charlie is torn between two men—one who seems unreachable, the other a superhero who steps out of a poster.

Charlie is the young, handsome writer of The Black Mask superhero adventure series. Recently broken up from his long-term boyfriend, he finds himself developing feelings of lust and love for his editor, the gruff, clearly straight Sam. Charlie’s love life
Published June 25th 2019 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Black Mask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Mask

Truuss / Loveislovereview
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Fifty pages of sexiness. A shorty full of seduction, hardcore dreams, fantasizing about sexual actions and hope.

A story about an author and his editor. Every time Charlie sees his editor Sam he’s getting more and more attracted and aroused by him. It seems Sam is straight af.
In his bedroom, there is a large poster with his fantasy book character The Black Mask.
Charlie has an immense imagination, this character seems more and more real.
On one side his sexy fantasy on the
Maggie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I host for Gay Book Promotions, and when this hit my inbox, and after reading the blurb, right away I sent back a, “Yep, I’m so reading and reviewing this.” And let me tell you, this fic is bizarre, but in a very good way. I really enjoyed it.

Let’s start with the writing. It’s witty. It’s crafty. And it’s fresh. The POV of Charlie comes across loud and clear. You feel as if Charlie is telling you his story. As for Charlie, he’s having a tough time. He caught his BFF and his BF doing
Natosha Wilson
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good short story about both reality and fantasy. It is not a very long read and there is not really any drama to it. It is just a short sweet read about assumptions, Fantasy, and reality. Those three combinations together made it a good short story. Samuel King did a good job at writing a very enjoyable read.

Charlie is out of a recent relationship where he caught his ex boyfriend cheating with his ex best friend. He has not gotten into a new relationship since but he can’t
Lillian Francis
This was a short but quirky read with an interesting idea. If you want masses of plot and relationship development then this book isn't for you. But it is witty and has a refreshingly different style. There was a parade of highly sexed men shagging every which way, and it reminded me of a written version of Class comics (especially the descriptions of The Black Mask's cock).

Don't expect an explanation for the plot twist, just go with the flow.
Valerie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story about Charlie, a writer of a comic book character, who has a crush on his editor, Sam, who he believes is straight. Complicating the matter, his character comes to life when Charlie is especially lonely. The book is great. It's a bit too short for real relationship development and I wanted more between Sam and Charlie, but for a short read, it was wonderful!!
Cheryl
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review Charlie has been drawing THE BLACK MASK for awhile now, only Sam the owner of the publishing magazine didn't wait to bring to much attention to the fact that black mask was bisexual. Over the time that Charlie had known Sam, he was sure if it was homophobic or just fear of Bringing the company into to new century. When one night the loneliness gets to him the mask man appears to him. Once feeling are known who will Charlie ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Black Mask by Samuel King is an exciting and unique gay romance read. These characters are fun and the story is not like any I have read before. Surprises, suspense, steam... this book definitely had my attention and didnt let me down.
I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
T Paul
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this was a different type of story than I'm used to reading. Who hasn’t dreamed of their poster idols coming to life to fall madly in love with them? Sam finds himself involved with his own creation though secretly longing for Charlie. This book takes you on an interesting journey into the world of, is it fantasy or reality? We can all decide for ourselves. Fun, erotic and very appealing. Lots to like here.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leav
L H
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charlie is an author who writes about the Black Mask for a magazine. He believes he is making up the stories but might they be channeled from another dimension? Charlie is also interested in his editor who he thinks is straight. This was a really interesting take on really sorting what you want, the fantasy or the reality. And also what is real? I won't spoil the story but it ended well.

C.B.
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All you have to do is ask! Nice story, need more. Fun stretch of the imagination. Charlie, nice guy working at his passion. Then his passion becomes more. Sam, editor supports Charlie's writings. Charlie thought Sam was straight. But he never asked. Will he ask? Will Sam's answer be what Charlie wants? The Black Mask, AKA Alex Dark sounds hot. I am going to hang posters. Fun story! I would have liked a longer story and Black Mask resolution. I received an ARC from Booksprout for a review.
Ken
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very saucy and quick read. It introduced the characters and gave us enough depth for a book of it's length. You are given a clear picture of Sam and Charlie and The Black Mask. The sex was steamy and open, even the possible 3-way that nearly happened twice.......

Nissy Williams
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short. I really felt it would have been great to have had more of Sam and Charlie's story though. I would have loved to see more of an epilogue to see where they ended. Outside of that nice short story. I look forward to more from this author.

Cynthia Brooks
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charlie is the writer of The Black Mask superhero series. He has a crush on his boss Sam who he's sure is straight. To make things crazier, his creation The Black Mask becomes real and becomes his lover. A good short read.
Suzanne Irving
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow what a fun idea. A comic book author’s character comes to life and becomes his lover. And then there is his editor who is or isn’t bisexual. The only problem I had was that the story ended way too soon.

K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 4+

A surprising and sexy little novelette!!

I was drawn into the world from the start and found Charlie interesting and unique. His lust for is editor and passion for his creation, clash as worlds collide and fantasy intertwine. I felt the story was well written and I got a good idea of each of the characters even with so few words (a true talent!). The connections and interactions are very steamy and lend this more to erotica, but that'
Bran Zesti
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a story, hot and short story that was a good read. Keep reading it to the end. A hot little number to read. Enjoyable to the end. Think you'll enjoy it too.
Kristina
H.
May 21, 2019
Ali
Sep 17, 2019
Samuel King is London born and bred, and spent his twenties and thirties hanging out on the London gay scene, mixing with some true characters and even finding romance on a few occasions. Now more likely to be found eating in a nice restaurant on a Saturday night than clubbing, he also enjoys reading across many genres and watching films--especially old horror films and romantic comedies.