Start by marking “Vile Sorcery (Royals of Villain Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vile Sorcery (Royals of Villain Academy, #2)

Vile Sorcery

(Royals of Villain Academy #2)

In a month, I've gone from magicless to one of the most powerful dark mages in the world. You'd think that would make my life easier.

But all that power is only potential until I learn how to wield it, and my enemies have a huge head start. While I'm picking up every skill I can, adversaries both within Villain Academy and beyond it are working to knock me down.

My fellow sc
Kindle Edition
Published June 5th 2019 by Ink Spark Press

To ask other readers questions about Vile Sorcery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vile Sorcery

Michelle Fritz PA
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That ending has left me absolutely numb!! My heart is broken for Rory and I'm not sure what else to feel about those last unfolding events!! I cannot praise this newest work of Eva Chase enough! I'm just blown away!! I think this book is mesmerizing and intriguing and most definitely rises above many of the other RH academy series out there!! From start to finish it was one captivating jewel. My heart aches so deeply for Rory!! I just want Malcolm to bow down to her! I want the other guys to cho ...more
Teneille Pryce
description

How is Chase going to redeem these characters? I understand it’s a bully romance, but some of them are just terrorizing the main character. In the first book I was confused, because these guys couldn’t be her romantic interest.

Like...them?

description

They hate her. No way. But somehow they.are.the.love.interests. So we have Connar, Jude, Declan, and Malcom.

Honestly,
description

Okay, maybe Declan is. He’s the only one with a valid reason for his behavior. Also, a big part is his honesty about their relationship. (vie
Rachel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall 3.75 stars

Note: I received this book from the author and I voluntarily give this review, it is my honest opinion.

Vile Sorcery is the second book in the Royals of Villain Academy series by Eva Chase and I am so conflicted about it. I love Eva Chase, she is my favorite reverse harem (why choose) author and I have read a bunch of her books but Royals of Villain Academy (RoVA) isn't my favorite. I love a good reverse harem, I love a good boarding school book and paranormal romance is my thin
Daphnne
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent 2nd book

Can I just say how much I love Rory!?! She is awesome in so many ways but I especially love how she holds on to who she is no matter what gets thrown at her. Even better is the fact that she's getting others to open their eyes. However, despite all of her awesomeness the poor girl can't catch a break in the love department! Jude managed to redeem himself somewhat in this book till he screwed it up - but the cafeteria scene was one of my favorites. I really think he wants to be
Denise
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in this series was fantastic. Rory has won her place at the academy, now she just has to keep the other scions from sending her over the edge into insanity. It is a fight she is not really ready for, but one she is determined to win. Several of the guys seem to be softening for her, but she has been fooled before and is determined not to fall for their tricks again.

Jude is surprised to learn that he doesn't really want to help Malcolm bring Rory to her knees. He is not even sure
Kay
To bully or not to bully - that is the question!

In the second installment of Omg, This RH Bully Romance Academy Series Totally Rocks!! aka Royals of Villain Academy, we get to see Rory Franco/Bloodstone (the FMC) kick all sorts of magical butt. Her skills develop nicely, she explores new relationships and personal histories, and she learns a bit of both of the "-mancer" worlds: fear and joy alike. She still seems rather firmly against all things "fearmancer", declining invites to let go of her j
Grace Cordeiro
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
*spoilers*

Okay 4.5

I really love this series but Rory has begun to irritate the fuck out of me with her high handed moral compass that paints joymancers as perfect.

Maybe they are. Maybe she’s right and her birth parents were justifiably killed. But her naive and all encompassing blind faith in that is killing my like of her. Which is a shame because I love it when the girls don’t just give right in to the bullies when they flip the script.

Also, I really wish she had a smidge more attachment fo
Mandy Parmenter
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory has been there for a month and has the potential for a great deal of power - however, she has to learn to wield it first and that is not an immediate process considering her adversaries are doing what they can to knock her down. A couple of the scions are in the enemy grouping but there are also a couple she has a chance of counting on as they are not so clear cut now. However, when it all turns deadly can she save them all? Can Rory survive when there is treachery, passion, heartbreak and ...more
Keryn
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phew! As if Rory didn't endure enough through book one. Sure enough the other scions continue putting her through the paces at every turn. What they didn't expect was for to begin holding her own and then some! After all she's been through in life, Rory may have a huge heart but she's also extremely resilient. Seeing what others don't is a blessing. One I think may come in handy! Who is friend, who is foe, and who or what are desperately working behind the scenes to harm her? Someone other than ...more
Terri
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
**** No Spoilers ****
I have became highly enthralled with the story. Rory is still taking names and kicking butt. She refuses to break. I'm still not happy with the other 4 other scions. Connor just messed up with turning his back on Rory. Jude keeps tormenting Rory until he realizes that he doesn't want to break her. Jude tries to make up for everything that he did in the past, but he screws up majorly. Delcan keeps his distance from Rory as he tries to help her. Well Malcolm is still Malcolm.
Paige T
I really enjoyed this book – perhaps more than the first one.

Rory is still as strong and independent as she was in the first book but is more wary and less trusting after how the other scions and schoolmates have treated her. She is still willing to stand up for others, including those without magic. I love her tenacity and her morals.
What I really liked about this book was getting to know more about some of her fellow scions and see *more* to their actions and the reasoning behind them. I perso
Destiny Bridwell
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a series and it had me all tied up in knots and had me going through all kind of emotions. The two cultures that Rory has had to deal with is making her the person she is to completely become. The guys are driving her up the wall and she is not sure how to deal with them at any given time. There are parts of them book still have me asking myself a lot of questions. Things I think should be rather clear but some of the characters just don't seem to get and now one it is ...more
Allison Janezic
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every second of this book! This is a great bully reverse harem series and Eva has made me fall in love with everything this book has to offer. Slowly but surely the scions are realizing just how awesome Rory is as and sooner or later she will capture them all. I love the dynamic between the joymancers and fearmancers. Their worlds are not as black and white as is seems and we get a good look into the personalities and drives of both Jude and Declan in this book. Rory is presented with ne ...more
Leslie Sanchez
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This just keeps getting better and better. Rory has gone from no magic to major magic. She's still learning her way around campus, but she is slowly gaining friends and getting better with her magic. I don't know what to say about the scions. Declan was my favorite to begin with and still is. Jude is a work in progress, as is Connor. Malcombe is still a major jerk. I loved this book just as much as the first. I don't know how I will make it til the next book. I have faith Rory will change things ...more
madpharmd
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore Rory's strength and depth of conviction. No matter who throws what her way, she finds it within herself to overcome and stand by HER morals - all while struggling to learn her magic - and trying not to use fear for strength. We continue to learn more about the other scions. And while some of the things coming to light may explain their actions and beliefs, it definitely doe NOT totally absolve them! Rory is cautious...burned once, she doesn't know who she can trust, with her back or her ...more
Sarah Cleaver
Awesome

Rory is determined not to let malcolm win shes practising her magic at every turn while trying to find answers. Love this series the boys declan connor and jude are all falling for rory they did see her as a challenge they need to beat but as they get to know her there feelings are getting in they way cos rory maybe stubborn but shes also strong feisty and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Shes changing the way the scions think except malcolm hes to stuck in his idea to bri
BookPages
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is getting better and better. So much more emotion packed into these characters as this series continues. Rory won’t back down and instead of breaking she gets stronger! Malcolm is very frustrating because he is so set in his way of thinking and it’s hard to fault him because that was the culture he was raised in but he can’t even take an olive branch when it’s extended and that may just be his downfall. I was fortunate enough to receive an arc of this book. I am very eager to see wh ...more
Laura Cozicar
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The more i read about Rory and the ‘Boys’ the more I want to know! What are their secrets? Will we learn what really happened to her as a child? Will they make her bend to their plans or will she forge a new future? I am absolutely loving this new series! I really think this is the best work I have read by Eva Chase! Can’t wait to read the next book to see if we get any of these answers or maybe even more questions!
Katie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart

I don't know if I can keep reading this series, despite how incredibly well they are written. My heart just can't handle the cruelty. I want to cry and scream and rail at Malcolm and maybe even kick him in his boy bits...
Rory is so strong but I just want to give her all of the hugs. I have this awful feeling about what's going to happen to her and I'm not sure I really want to know, to be honest. I don't know if I could cope with it.
Teresa
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can she win?

Rory just wants to learn how to use and control her magic. She doesn't care that the other four "scions" expect her to bow down to them before she takes her place as the last Blackstone scion. As Rory builds her mental shield and learns to understand her powers, she is determined to never now down to them. I love this series, and all the others Eva Chase has written!
Linda Levine
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been enjoying the series and all its developments. She has been burned enough at this time to not know who or what to trust. This second book shows her learning more about her abilities and her increasingly complicated relationship with the other students.

It has a lot of surprises and twists that make me very eager to read the next book. The characters are well developed and I really enjoy the complicated relationships.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Theresa Wesley
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES!!! I love this story. Rory is absolutely amazing. She's such a fighter. I think Jude is my favorite guy. He is really growing on me. There is so much in this story. Rory is slowly learning more and more about who she is and about the fearmancers. Her powers are becoming stronger and she has more faith in herself.
Cheryl Sedman
Great read

Still love this series, every part of this book pulled me in. Through all the twists and turns and all the pain Rory goes through, as well as her getting closer to most of the guys. If you loved the first book you will love this one even more. If this is the first time looking over these books please do read them you will not be disappointed.
Deb Le
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. What seemed to be bullying, is becoming more and more blurred for me as the story progresses and motivation becomes a little clearer. I actually felt sorry for the boys this time around. The plot is beautifully crafted and had me gripped once more throughout the entire novel. i can't wait for the next installment!
Aj
Five Plus Stars

Not a run of the mill bully paranormal series. I think that’s what I enjoy most in this series. The MC isn’t weak, nor is she naive. The author does an amazing job creating a world and characters that pull you in and keep you intrigued.

Can’t wait for the next book.
Noelle Woodruff
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!

Gah! I don't even know where to begin! I love Rory! Take no crap in a world that wants her to heel. Nah no thanks! The Scion's..gah! A bunch of idiots basically. But I guess you'll do anything to survive a dog eat dog world. The ending ugh so sad! Ugh. I'm ready for book 3 and see where that key leads Rory.
CHRYSTIN
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crying

I'm currently curled in a ball rocking, because I have to wait till August for the next book. The second book definitely did not disappoint. With more action and mystery AND more romance, I couldn't put the book down. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 2 months waiting for book 3 to release, probably rereading the first 2 again 🤷♀
Heather
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Ms. Chase’s “Royals of Villain Academy” series and I loved it as much as the first book. Rory is staying tough even with the betrayals stacking up. Her use of magic keeps getting better and better and I’m still loving to hate Malcolm.
I’m looking forward to Book 3.
I received an ARC from the author. This is my honest review.
Sarah Murphy
Keep it coming!

I was super excited for this release, and wasn’t let down at all. I love how strong Rory is, and how firmly she sticks to her convictions. It’s very interesting seeing how she interacts with the other scions, be it good or bad. August seems like such a long ways away for book 3...
Cassie Starkel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A twisted and enlightening tale

I felt highs and lows in this book while I feel Rory is quite judgmental towards all the Fearmancers because of how she was raised she seems to not be open to the possibilitythat the Joymancers aren’t these amazing people. I feel the boys are fighting for her affections when she thinks she’s better then everyone else.
Eva Chase lives in Canada with her family. She loves stories both swoony and supernatural, and strong women and the men who appreciate them. You can visit her online at www.evachase.com.

Royals of Villain Academy (2 books)
  • Cruel Magic (Royals of Villain Academy, #1)