Start by marking “Wedding Vow of Revenge (Royal Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wedding Vow of Revenge (Royal Brides, #2)

Wedding Vow of Revenge (Royal Brides #2)

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  433 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
The instant Angelo Gordon sees stunning model Tara Peters, he’s certain she will share his bed. But her innocent beauty isn’t the only thing that attracts him--he’s out for revenge. . .

Tara is not an easy conquest. When she pushes Angelo away, he realizes the only way he can have her is if he plays a very different game. And Angelo is happy to up the stakes – he’ll take t

Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2526, 187 pages
Published March 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Vow of Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Vow of Revenge

Leona
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
This is another great love story from Lucy Monroe. Tara Peters is finally putting her life back together after ruthlessly being dumped by an ex-lover. Angelo Gordon is set out to exact revenge on that ex-lover for destroying his family years ago. Angelo decides to seduce Tara to separate her from the ex-lover who is about to re-enter her life. Angelo believes seducing and winning her will exact the final measure of revenge.. This is a story about betrayal on many levels and how LOVE heals ALL wo ...more
Jenny
Decent hero, sweet heroine but I needed more angst. Heroine's ex was a slimy bastard!
StMargarets
Kay
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
Becky
I bit dry in the relationship development....could have been a bit more angsty, but a nice emotional reconciliation. more like 3.5 stars for me but some great elements that averaged it up...heroine Tara deceived in prior relationship and hero Angelo courts her and respects her reticence to jump into bed. One of the most respectful heroes (notwithstanding his deception) I have read. Also refreshing to read a story where neither of the leads are promiscuous.

Most annoying part was when hero was re
KatieV
I liked it okay, but it wasn't one of the more memorable in the genre. The title is kind of misleading, because the vengeance was never directed at the heroine. He married her to get back at her ex, but she didn't know it and he never intended for her to know. He was always perfectly nice to her and liked, respected, and desired her. There was little tension in their relationship until the 'oh crap' moment at the end where his revenge plot comes out.
Desi
Leído el 06/10/2012

Protagonistas: Angelo Gordon y Tara Peters
Argumento:

Unidos para siempre en el amor... y la venganza
En cuanto vio a la impresionante modelo Tara Peters, Angelo Gordon supo que acabaría en la cama con ella. Su inocente belleza no era lo único que le atraía de ella… también quería vengarse.
Pero Tara no era una conquista tan fácil. Cuando ella lo rechazó, Angelo se dio cuenta de que para conseguir tenerla tendría que cambiar de plan… ¿Y qué mejor estrategia que el matrimonio?
sbf20112011
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. This was pretty cookie cutter and tame for me. I think I didn't like that almost all of the tension between the characters was in the last few pages. There were ulterior motives up until then, but the actual interaction between the hero and heroine lacked emotional tension. I finished it, but it wasn't exciting.
Shomeli Dey
Sep 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Virginia
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Synopsis - Tara Peters worked hard as a model, graduated top of her class, and is now thriving as a junior executive at Primo Tech. Two years ago her world crashed down around her when two friends betrayed her and her former (and only) lover smeared her name in the press. She pulled herself up from all of that, but her faith in men (especially arrogant, powerful men) was destroyed. Her formed lover Baron Randall is also responsible to using Angelo Gordon's mother, stealing his father's company, ...more
Paula Legate
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
When I bought this book, I didn't read the reviews, so I didn't know if I would like it or not. Most books with the revenge being the plot, the hero is mean. I was pleasantly surprised that was not case in this story. The hero, Angelo, was never mean, or cruel to Tara. He was a very patient man. I think he fell in love with her the first time he meet her.
Baron was the man that lead Angelo's mother to suicide, and stole the family's company right out from under Angelo. Baron also hurt Tara. Now
Lady Raven RAVE!
You know what for a minute i was debating weather to finish reading this book but i'm glad i did, it was a good book the ending for me with both of them suffering was emotional he was truly a great guy.....
Brenda (b)
For me Harlequin's almost always guarantee a quick, light romance with a HEA (happy ever after) ending. And I'm finding that I love everything I've read so far by Lucy Monroe. So it fits perfectly that I enjoyed reading this one a lot. Angelo was a wonderful character and while he may have started out with revenge in mind, he was still kind, caring and extremely considerate.

Just a note about the Royal Brides series: according to Lucy Monroe's website, this book connected to the series and it's l
Aly is so frigging bored
I hate the word "gosh", if it even is a word 8-| There was another stupid word but can't remember it now.
The heroine is soooo annoying, the hero is a little bit creepy(even if he looks hot), the story is not credible and maybe I am a little to harsh on the author 'cuz I had a very stressful, crappy day :D
Angy
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
kind of nice..
a man out for revenge, uses a beautiful girl to extract his revenge on an evil person. but in the process falls hard for the girl. the girl become aware of his motives n rest as usual crying and talking and all those things...
Elle Markov
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was eh, the girl keeps saying I'm not hung up on my ex, but all guys are compared to him. She marries a guy she knows nothing about within a week of meeting. Too unrealistic. Plus the main guy is an ass, he only wants to marry because his foe is obsessed with the main girl.
Tania
May 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
quotes from my notebook #287616

"I'm disgusted you could think for one second I would want to hear from you again after the way you used me and then threw me to the wolves in the press with a steak tied around my ankle." p125

Mareli
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
more 3.5

It was not bad. I liked her she was smart and strong willed and it's my favorite kind of heroine. He was sweet and not the usual a@@. Good reading.

What I didn't find plausible was that she was a virgin after years of modeling... mmmmhh. No, I can't believe it!
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 added it
Really tame, poorly written. Becoming cliche. 0.5/5 stars.
Carole Ann
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hp-ish
2.5 Stars
Cindy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Contemporary romance with unprotected sex ( They wait until they're married.) An early LM - 2005. This one just didn't hit me right. Too much angst & melodrama. Didn't like the H or the h.
Brittney Bower
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
totaly waste of my time reading it. it was not rememable.
Nell
Jun 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Dated but enjoyable
Ladyacct
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
Really good story from beginning to end.

One typo/editing issue.
Lena
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
uhh, opět to mohlo být lepší - alespoň ten konec, ale bylo to dobré. Mělo to hezký námět, nemůžu si stěžovat (y)
Rexanne
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Typical Harlequin, great for a short read but not one I'll put on a list of to be reread. :)
boogenhagen
Aug 10, 2011
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
  • The Carides Pregnancy
  • The Bedroom Business
  • The Bellini Bride
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Prince of Scandal
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 70 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe

Royal Brides (10 books)
  • The Sheikh's Bartered Bride (Royal Brides, #1)
  • The Prince's Virgin Wife (Royal Brides, #3; Scorsolini Princes, #1)
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Hot Desert Nights: Mistress To A Sheikh / Desert Rake / Blackmailed By The Sheikh (Royal Brides, #6)
  • Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess (Royal Brides, #7)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • For Duty's Sake (Royal Brides, #9)
  • Heart of a Desert Warrior (Royal Brides #10)