Start by marking “Dangerously Close To Extinction (Knollville Legends Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Dangerously Close To Extinction (Knollville Legends Book 1)

Everyone's looking for Anthony Puma.

When two rival gangs clash attempting to kidnap Tawny, it's do or die, time—find her father or suffer the consequences. The ransom is set in blood. If someone doesn't pay, it will be hers that is spilled. Clues are scattered through her past and buried deep within her memories. When the pieces begin to come together, she needs all the h
Kindle Edition
Published August 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dangerously Close To Extinction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerously Close To Extinction

Jenni Bishop
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dangerously Close To Extinction (Knollville Legends Book 1) by C.A. King is a unique shifter paranormal story where there is action and drama and soul mates and adventure. Tawny finds herself caught between being chased by the unknown to being kidnapped and not knowing who to trust. She finds out there has always been more to her life than she has ever known. What she does know is that shifters are at war and they have to fight to save them all. I will not say anymore because you have to read it ...more
Erin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give Dangerously Close To Extinction (Knollville Legends Book 1) by C.A. King, 4 stars.

Tawny keeps waiting for her father to get back from wherever he is this time. But in the meantime, she will keep up appearances. She doesn't want anyone to know she is starting to get worried. But then she sees these eyes looking into the house one night. They seem like they are eyes of a beast. Later, it seems like that beast is following her. She hears tell of very large wolves in the area. Then she is bas
Laura Furuta
By: C.A. King
5 out of 5 stars

The story Dangerously Close To Extinction (Knollville Legends Book 1) by C.A. King is a book that I loved reading. It has shifters, mystery, danger, and legends. It pulled me in from the beginning and I found myself not wanting to put it down until I had finished the final page. I loved reading about the character of Tawny. She is a young woman who has two rival gangs wanting her to find her father for them.
Karen Hrdlicka
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CA King gives her readers a bit of insight into the history of why dogs and cats are mortal enemies. It goes back to a time when dragons flew and werewolves and feline shifters lived in harmony, until one group made a deal with a demon. Fast forward to the present. Tawny's father is a researcher, gone without a trace and she has no idea where, more than one group is trying to use her to find him. Living a sheltered life with her father after her mother left, Tawny is ill-prepared to face adversi ...more
Kerry Baker
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerously Close to Extinction by C.A. King is the first book in the Knollville Legends series. This is clearly going to be yet another brilliant series by an author that never fails to please.
I don’t bother to even read the blurb of the book anymore when it comes to this author. Her work is always so entertaining and thrilling. This book is no exception. You are instantly swept away by her writing and her characters.
I just loved Tawny. She was vulnerable and yet so strong. You can’t help but w
Maura
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
C.A. King is a one click author for me and I always enjoy her stories.

This is the first book in a new series about a (fictional?) town called Knollville. Knollville isn't on a map, can't be found by GPS and the road is hidden in plain sight.

This story has a different flair than then the stories previously written. It set up as more "horror" with a softer edge. It was fantastic and I was 100% invested from the STUNNING cover to the very last page.

One of my favorite lines: "Beware of the eyes of t
Kerry  carr
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great adventure story with wolves, leopards and many more.

Tawny is a young woman who's father disappears. A strange set of sliver eyes seem to be following her but she doesnt know what or who it is. As far as she's concerned she is just an ordinary girl but when she is kidnapped things become even stranger.

Its a great story full of twists and turns and adventure. I couldn't put it down
Sheri
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerously Close to Extinction by CA King is the first book in the Knollville Legends series. This has paranormal, shifters, great characters while telling a legend. I always enjoy books by this author and I was not disappointed. The characters are interesting and help to guide this story. I really enjoyed the background given of some of the species. I look forward to reading more on this series soon.
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I never hesitate to pick up one of this author’s books as I know there is an adventure waiting for me. This story is creative, full of mystery and twists and turns that kept me turning pages. The characters were a little different but they are interesting and made the story flow. Tawny has had a sheltered life and is now tasked with finding her father or face the consequences. Will things explode when fates are revealed and secrets exposed? A must read.
C.A. King
May 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah
Jul 24, 2019
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Jul 31, 2019
Aliya DalRae
Aug 06, 2019
C.A. King is:

The 2017 & 2018 Platinum – 1st Place winner for the Best Local Author category in The Hamilton Spectator Readers' Choice Awards.

The recipient of the 2017 Readers' Favorite Silver Medal Winner in the Fiction - Short Story/Novella genre.

"Hmmmmmm,
Who am I?…Who am I?
Silence…chews pencil…
Who am I?…Who am I?
Hmmmmmm,
I am…
a daydreamer…a hopeless romantic…an optimistic pessimist…a psychic…