Start by marking “Out Bad” as Want to Read:
Out Bad

Out Bad

I used to be that man.

The one you warned your daughters about and crossed the street to avoid.
Not anymore.

Seven years ago I left the club, and everyone in it, behind me. Walked away with nothing but the clothes on my back, carrying the burden of the things I'd done.
But I won't look back.

Not when the view in front of me looks as good as it
Published July 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Out Bad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Bad

Start your review of Out Bad
Jenni Bishop
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice Whiteaker is a wonderful contemporary romance story with a bad boy ex-biker who has spent several years trying damn hard to turn his life around. He is full of pain and angst, guilt and turmoil, longing and want and is really hard on himself with what he has done even though he has paid for it, it still doesn’t quiet the negative thoughts he has of himself . He wants to settle down but isn’t sure he is worthy for it as much as he longs to have love an ...more
Laura Furuta
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1)
By: Janice M. Whiteaker
5 out of 5 stars

The story Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice M. Whiteaker is a romantic suspense book. It is a story that pulled me in right from the beginning and didn’t let me go until I had read the last word. The story is very romantic. There are scenes that make the temperature in the room rise. I loved reading about the two main characters. He is kind, understanding, and hardworking. He also is a man with a past and demons.
Angela
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Out Bad is the first book in the Sinner or Saints Series by Janice M Whiteaker. I have really loved Ms. Whiteaker’s BIG series, so I was excited to explore her other works too. This is a great contemporary romance with alpha male, reformed bad boy, and Biker/MC elements to it. There is angst, guilt, pain, inner turmoil, drama, and emotion.
I really did feel for Joe. He is such a sweet and caring bad boy turned good. He did frustrate me at times with his inner dialogue and over thinking an
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read about determination. Joe hasn't let anyone into his life lately due to his mysterious and dark past. He sees Gwen at a party and that all changes. He wants her but she is closed off and cold towards him. Can he break down her barriers and win her heart?
A great read. Well developed plot. Well developed characters like Joe determined to get what he wants but caring underneath or Gwen standing up for herself but vulnerable underneath. Great cast of supporting characters like the cauti
Tausha Treadway
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice M. Whiteaker. This is the first book in the Sinners and Saints Series but its a lot like her Lost Boys Series and I LOVED that one. Its the story of Joe a ex high ranking biker gang member who has lots of bad stuff in his past. He left the biker gang and never looked back but not without burning some bridges along the way. He has guilt by the ton for things he's done in his past but when he meets Gwen he knows no matter what he has to have her. Gwen i ...more
Jana
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad is the opening chapter to Janice M Whiteaker’s Sinners or Saints series. What an opening it was! I cannot wait to see what comes next and I absolutely love how it also connects to her Lost Boys MC series! I have read EVERY SINGLE BOOK she has written and I can only say that she gets better with every book and every series she releases and when she finishes a series I feel grief as I do not want to let go!
Out Bad is the story of Joe and Gwen. Both of them carry heavy heavy burdens and the
Debi
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice M. Whiteaker

5 Stars

This was not my first read by this author and I loved it as much as any other I have read. I loved Joe and Gwen. Both had pasts that made them who they are today and their inner demons caused them to question a lot at the beginning of this story, but the more I read the more I fell for them completely. Then once again like so many other books I've read I found myself screaming at them...Just open up, it will make your life so much
Michelle Austin
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out Bad was a good 4 star read.

Joe first notices Gwen while out at the bar, when he asks his best friend about her he’s warned off. Which causes him to be curious as to why his best friend doesn’t want him around his sister-in-law.

I’m not into docile woman. I want one that will give me a run for my money.

Gwen has moved closer to her sister so she can spend time with her nieces. When she meets Joe there is something about him that she can’t get out of her mind. Only thing is, she isn’t looking
Moriah Venable
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad is the first novel in the Sinners or Saints series by Janice M Whiteaker. This is my first novel by this author.

Joe is a former bad boy who had turned over a new leaf. He has a sweet and caring personality but because of his past mistakes he still beats himself over it, while also trying to find redemption.

Gwen is a sassy, hardworking, and stubborn woman who isn’t looking for a relationship just wanting to have fun and be casual. She also has issues of her own that she is trying to get
Lisa
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-year-3
This wasn’t a favorite at the beginning. There was too much inter thinking and over thinking. I can see why the author did this but it got old for me fast. All the I’m not good enough or I want to be better thoughts. Some are fine but too much just becomes mind numbing. This is not to say I didn’t like the book because I did. The characters were very secretive but I enjoyed them. The dynamic between Heath/Gabbi and Joe/Gwen was fun. The teasing and advice were great for the story. Heck even Niko ...more
Robin Rankin
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad by Janice M. Whiteaker is the first book in the Sinners or Saints series and I'm excited to see what's going to happen in this series. MC style books aren't usually top of my list, mainly because I haven't found a lot that are respectful towards women. I can't say what the rest of the series will be like but it'll it's anything like this book I will be a devoted fan.

I love Joe! He is my current boyfriend and I don't know if he will be replaced for a while. He isn't perfect and has done s
Heidi Eich Woodring
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out bad is the start of a new series called Sinners or Saints series by Janice M. Whiteaker. And WHAT an amazing start to this series. You meet Joe, ex biker who wants to turn his life around. He continues to beat himself up for what he did when he was with an MC but he also tried often to make amends for his past. All things seem to change when he meets Gwen. Gwen, who also has her own issues from her past, is sassy, strong, smart, and beyond hardworking. The attraction between these two, is of ...more
Angelina Frazzini
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out Bad by Janice M. Whiteaker is book one of the Sinners or Saints series. This is the first book I’ve read by this author but I really enjoyed the book.

This book is Joe and Gwen’s story. Both characters carry some pretty heavy demons from their past. Joe tries to redeem himself at every step. He wants to be worthy of a family and a good life. Gwen is a workaholic. She’s pretty sure her chance for a family of her own has passed. When Joe meets Gwen, he knows she’s just the motivation he needs
Emma Morreale
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off I think Gwen is way too good for Joe. He's kind of a baby about not having ever been introduced to her before, like is his best friend's job to introduce him to all his in-laws. Secondly, I really didn't like his line of thinking that Gwen could save him. That really put me off when I read the synopsis. It's not a woman's job to save the bad boy. She's not his mother.
That being said, I went ahead and read this and it was pretty good. Gwen and Joe had pretty good chemistry and I was abl
Kerry Baker
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad by Janice Whiteaker is the first book in the Sinners or Saints series. This was a fantastic way to start a new series. It is gripping and utterly captivating immediately. You are drawn straight into the characters and everything that is going on with them. The fact that they both seem to have secrets in their past just adds to the intensity.
The story has a great rhythm to it as well. The author knows exactly when to shake things up and exactly when to keep them nice and steady. Without e
Caralee
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out Bad ( Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice Whiteaker
4 Stars!!!!

I really love it when I find new authors. This book was a real good read. I found the author's style to be quite refreshing. I found the characters to be very realistic and relateable. The book kept me glued to the pages.

I really like how the story isn't predictable. The chemistry between Gwen and Joe is very electric. The way that their love story plays out is very realistic. The author has a good balance of drama and romance. I
Jes Bruno
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb, reviewed
Out Bad by Janice M. Whiteaker was a delightful MC/Romantic Suspense. I love a story where the bad boy is trying to redeem some of his past choices and the woman who loves him anyway isn’t really looking for a relationship. The interactions between Joe/Gwen and Heath/Gabbi were funny and fun to read; loved how great friends/family they all were together. I would really love to see a book about how Heath and Gabbi meet and become this great couple.

I would recommend everyone to check out this aut
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and how this author created a story that pulled me in right from the beginning. The characters made me feel as if I was right there with them. A man who leaves everything behind and determined not to look back. The second he sees Gwen, he knows that she is the one to save him. What will happen when the past comes crashing into the present and the demons are not backing down? Will he be able to keep the one thing that matters the most to him? I highly recommend this book.
Maura
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a little frustrating for me. It takes so long to get to the reasons why the MCs feel and deal the way they do. The events for both main protagonists are openly alluded to and we get to see their turmoil through their internal dialog.

"Woman love a hero almost as much as they love a man who is broken."

Gwen is a strong independent woman who is running away from her past. Joe is a big bag biker who is NOT his past and is working towards redemption.

I will be reading the next book on the
Lucy Berson
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Out Bad (Sinners Or Saints #1) by Janice M. Whiteaker. I have read other books by this author and I enjoyed this one just as much as the others I have read by her.
At first, I was unsure of exactly how I felt about Gwen in the beginning but as I read and learned more about her history, I absolutely fell in love with her and Joe. They both had their pasts and thought they came out on the other side clear. Did they or will the past come back to haunt them and risk their future together?
Lise Nanette
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Heart is Full

Janice Whiteaker has written some seriously sexy heroes in her many series, but I swan, Joe Carpelli made my heart go vroom! His steady plan to win Gwen's affection and respect just resonates with the broken hero he is.I cannot recommend this book enough! It is great romance, with just a touch of danger to make it exciting. Read it!
Arlene
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

What a great story
I fell i love with Joe from the outset. Just prayed he would have a happy ending.
It didn't take long for me to warm up to Gwen also.
I love how both have their secrets that they believe the other will not be able to deal with.
This is the second book I have read by Janice, an i have not been disappointed, cant wait to read more.
Lyndsey Fairley
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out Bad (Sinners or Saints Book 1) by Janice M. Whiteaker
5 stars

Amazing new series! I really loved this book and once it hooked me I couldn't put It down. It took a bit to get into the deep of it but the beginning, while slow, was much needed.
If you like motorcycle romances, this is a series for you. I cannot wait for more.
Heather Lovelace
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is hands down a must read for any fan of Whiteaker or any fan of good writing. This book is well paced, engaging, and has just the right combination of suspense and romance. It was an incredibly quick read, one which caught me by surprise on how fast I flew through the pages. Whiteaker is quickly becoming an automatic one click author for me. Riveting. One hundred percent recommended.
Nancy
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it

This is the first book I’ve read from this author, it won’t be the last. The story is solid, characters well developed and well matched. Really enjoyed the depth of the characters, the pace of the story, and hoping to find the apprentice’s story.
Jerrica
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Wonderful story as always from Janice. I love the way she writes her characters with realistic reactions. The perfect amount of angst and love.
Cheryl Moorman
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

Its a cute story! Both of them looking for more than just a fling. It kind of adds to the Lost Boys. Along the same lines.
Julie Collier
Jun 12, 2020
Kirasyaya
Feb 09, 2020
Aaron
May 06, 2020

• Guerrilla Tactics (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #4)
  • Enemy Territory (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #3)
  • Loss Recovery (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #1)
  • Counterfeit Relations (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue #2)
  • Collateral Damage   (McIntyre Security Bodyguard )
  • Cowboy Seeking Nanny (Cowboy Classifieds, #1)
  • Virtue & Vice (Spicetopia #2)
  • Protecting His Heart (Lawson Family, #2)
  • Strategic Maneuvers (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #5)
  • GHOST OF CHAOS: GODS OF CHAOS MC (BOOK TWELVE)
  • Magic-Price (The Crown of Stones, #1)
  • Ryder (Steel Wings MC #3)
  • The President (Rebel Rage MC, #1)
  • The Biker Series Mega Boxed Set (MC Biker Bad Boy Romance)
  • Two Hearts Under Fire (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance, #8)
  • Bedlam (Hell's Heathens MC, #2)
  • Trouble (Hell's Heathens MC, #1)
  • Hula Girl
I live in southern Ohio with three kids, nine chickens, four ducks, two dogs, a guinea pig, a gecko, and one very patient husband.
I write romance of all shapes and sizes and there's nothing I love more than a redeemed bad boy.
Unless it's a grumpy redeemed bad boy.

News & Interviews