Start by marking “Camp Lenape” as Want to Read:
Camp Lenape

Camp Lenape

It’s supposed to be a fun summer… then a girl goes missing.

When a girl goes missing, and none of the adults can give a straight answer, a childhood game suddenly turns into a real, secret mission.

Phone lines are down. Strange men roam the campgrounds. Financial documents indicate something’s amiss. And hidden security cameras point to a mysterious cottage in the woods.

With
Paperback, 1, 192 pages
Published May 6th 2019 by Michael Terence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Camp Lenape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Lenape

Start your review of Camp Lenape
Luvtoread
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Terrific YA Mystery Story !

Summer camp time has finally arrived with four new junior counselors who have been friends for many years and also attended this camp when they were younger children. A child goes missing in the night and the counselors are told that she went home but a few of the the other children saw a strange man in their cabin the night the child went missing but the adults wouldn't take their stories seriously. The four young teens then become young detectives knowing that
 Reading Divergence
CAMP LENAPE is an early-YA (c. Age 14, early high school) novel, both engaging and intriguing, which I enjoyed very much, and hope to see the protagonists return. Alissa, Marcus, Nate, and Janice are long-time friends and long-term Camp Lenape campers. This year the four are junior counsellors and Marcus' younger sister Bri is a camper. Nate and Marcus enjoy investigative adventures, and stumble into an actual case, both factual and potentially deadly! The characters are well-drawn and ...more
Roxanne Ridge
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meddling Kids Getting into Trouble

This book was a page-turner. I was curious about what was really happening at the camp. I thought there was a good amount of action and I got a bit of nostalgia while reading. It reminded me of The Goonies and Scooby-Doo, but with a twist.
Kathy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Realistic characters and dialogue. Story was very interesting early on and kept me reading to find out the secret of Camp Lenape. The adults were awful in this book and it wrapped up a bit fast for me. I would have liked it to last s bit longer.
Benjamin Bass
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camp Lenape is one of those stories that does a fantastic job of bringing the reader back into the mindset of someone much younger. Being in my 40s, I still feel the nostalgia and memories of my own time spent in the woods, at camps in the summers of my youth.

That being said, the author also manages to weave an excellent tale of mystery and suspense with these young adult characters that kept me engaged throughout.

I hope to read more from the author and I am very much looking forward to
Maria Tzoutzopoulou
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Camp Lenape by Timothy R. Baldwin is one of those stories where you are curious to know what's on the next page.
You eagerly need to solve the mystery.
It's quick and easy to read, and I would recommend it for a young adult audience.
There, teens can discover the values of friendship through a story of adventure.
Pegboard
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy R. Baldwin’s Camp Lenape is a mesmerizing mystery. Written for a young adult audience, this novel will also spellbind for an older crowd. Alissa and Janice are excited that they get a chance to be a junior counselor at their favorite camp, Camp Lenape. Marcus and Nate came back to be junior counselors also, these teens dream of taking their friendship to the next level. Maybe Marcus will get brave enough to ask Alissa to the yearly dance. A camper comes up missing, giving Nate the ...more
Anitalia Payne
Thanks to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial for ARC provided.

Such a excellent YA book, well written, realistic, with brave and heroic teenagers characters. I absolutely enjoyed reading this and reminds me of “The Famous Five” from Enid Blyton.

Who could’ve thought that you’re going into Summer Camp, learning how to grow your personal character and doing fun activities but end up get involved with a challenging thrilling adventures, with smart skills and very brave like the character of Alissa and her
Angela Lockwood
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I think this book will appeal to all teenagers (young adults) that like an adventure story. For both boys and girls there is a likeable hero in the form of Alissa and Marcus. Alissa is an independent, tomboy who isn’t afraid to fight off a bad guy and my favourite character. I think this will mostly appeal to the early teens and it is a good clean read.
Andrea
Thank you so much to BooksGoSocial for giving me an ARC of Camp Lenape by Timothy R. Baldwin via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Blog

What if a simple detective game turns real and becomes a game of life and death? After Marcus’s sister disappears, he and his friends starts questioning everything they know about their summer camp, Camp Lenape.

Camp Lenape is a novella, a short-read of three hours or less. The story is fast paced and told through the strong voices of Marcus and Alissa.
Amy
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me an ARC in exchanged for an honest review.
Pub May 5, 2019

Ok, let me get this out there first. If the prologue wasn't included, it wouldn't have been so predictable. But I'm going to ignore that the prologue was included and enter the book without knowing nothing, only the start off a new summer year in a camp.

The story starts off being told by Marcus and Alissa. It's fast paced, well written and a page turner. I read it in one day.
I needed to know what
Susan
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book for middle school students and young teens is apparently part of a series about a group of high school sleuths. In this story, the mystery is set at a summer camp and the young detectives indeed solve a fiendish crime involving not only cooked books but illicit substances, also cooked.

While I enjoy reading books for the intended audience of this particular book, I have to say that this adult is not over the moon. However, how I responded to it as an adult and how the intended audience
Ann
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
When junior counselor Marcus’s little sister Bri goes missing, he is desperate to find her. His best friend and fellow junior counselor Alissa never sees Bri leave. None of the adults can give the teens a straight answer. They act as if nothing has happened. Marcus’s and Alissa’s suspicions lead them deep into the woods. In their search for Bri, they will learn to rely on themselves and their friends as they encounter a terrible and dangerous secret. This is a short book and written for YA but ...more
Benjamin Bass
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I hope to read more from the author and I am very much looking forward to
Sherri Geisler Locke
It took me a bit to get into it but after a couple of chapters it became a really nice read. Camp Lenape has been around for a number of years, and the new junior counselors have all attended the camp for a few years themselves. They find themselves in the middle of a strange mystery. With adults who seem to be acting strange and a girl who has disappeared, who just happens to be the sister of one of the junior counselors. They manage to get themselves into quite a bit of trouble along the way.

I
B.J. Thompson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Teenage Summer Camp Mystery

Inviting camp locale with endearing characters who unravel a dangerous mystery.

It takes time for the plot to engage but the mystery is revealed, and daring action eventually takes place. There's a bit of a disconnect as per the ideal reader age, as it starts like it should be meant for tweens but ends up geared more for older teenagers.

If this becomes a series, deeper character development would be nice.
Belle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
(4 stars for the intended audience - I'm certain the author's students and others of the same age will thoroughly enjoy this book)

This is a nice, short read that can be completed in a single sitting or two. I thought it was pretty well written and for such a short book, the characters are also established really well. I also absolutely love the camp setting.

The book does suddenly bounce from third person to a shared back and forth first perspective between the two protagonists. It was slightly
Pat Eroh
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
easy to read, with a great mystery to solve. The author is a talented writer and has incorporated great teamwork skills into this incredible read. The characters, Marcus and Alissa are fabulous and easy to like. An overall fabulous read.

Tanya
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer camp is supposed to be fun but when a girl goes missing, the adults have no ideas about what happened. The children band together to try to find out what happened to her. Secrets will be revealed and things may get darker. What happened to her? Will they find her? See if they will

T Olsen
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This mystery is very suitable for young teens, and can be enjoyed by all. The characters and the dialogue are good, but the plot is a little weak. What I really don't like, is the changing POV. The author is all-knowing, so keep it third person.
Heather Carson
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heroism and Hormones

I loved this story! It’s a tale as old as time, watching a young man struggle through trials which ultimately lead to Marcus discovering self-reliance and bravery. Except, the young heroine is probably the real hero in the story as Alissa easily takes the lead. The characters are well-written and the dialogue flows easy. Twists and turns make this story a fast read. It’s an innocent love tale but also an action packed YA novel. I can’t wait to see what happens next.
Iris Chacon
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent YA book, dealing with heroic teenage adventurers along with a theme of "growing our personal character." The solving of a mystery and the suspenseful battle with the ultimate bad guys are exciting and full of action.

Beneath and beside the mystery, action, and adventure, the campers and junior counselors explore...
... being friends with people different from yourself,
... going through experiences that test our personal character,
... when snitching is actually "doing the
Caron
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2019
Divyansh Pradhan
Dec 15, 2019
Dec 21, 2019

• Haunting of the Blackthorne House
  • Plowed Over (On The Wing #2)
  • Don't Forget Me (Levi Kant, #1)
  • Wrong Victim (DCI Rachel King Book 3)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Nothing to See Here
  • John Bowman's Cave
  • Godwrestling
  • The Freedom Seder; A New Haggadah For Passover
  • The Chill
  • We, The Wildflowers
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • The Daughter Claus
  • Of Silver and Shadow
  • The Vanishing Deep
  • Moral Compass
  • Sydney Porter: Dog Girl
  • Death In Smoke (The Cape Mysteries Book 2)
Tim grew up in Syracuse, New York. He currently resides in Maryland where he teaches English, Creative Writing, Film, and Theatre on the middle school level. At the insistence of his own students, he began writing seriously in 2014.

He credits his love for story to his mother, who spent countless hours reading to him and his siblings when they were growing up. Growing up, he devoured the literary