Start by marking “Camp Lenape” as Want to Read:
Camp Lenape

Camp Lenape

It’s supposed to be a fun summer… then a girl goes missing.

When a girl goes missing, and none of the adults can give a straight answer, a childhood game suddenly turns into a real, secret mission.

Phone lines are down. Strange men roam the campgrounds. Financial documents indicate something’s amiss. And hidden security cameras point to a mysterious c
Paperback, 1, 192 pages
Published May 6th 2019 by Michael Terence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Camp Lenape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Lenape

Start your review of Camp Lenape
Benjamin Bass
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camp Lenape is one of those stories that does a fantastic job of bringing the reader back into the mindset of someone much younger. Being in my 40s, I still feel the nostalgia and memories of my own time spent in the woods, at camps in the summers of my youth.

That being said, the author also manages to weave an excellent tale of mystery and suspense with these young adult characters that kept me engaged throughout.

I hope to read more from the author and I am very much loo
Pegboard
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy R. Baldwin’s Camp Lenape is a mesmerizing mystery. Written for a young adult audience, this novel will also spellbind for an older crowd. Alissa and Janice are excited that they get a chance to be a junior counselor at their favorite camp, Camp Lenape. Marcus and Nate came back to be junior counselors also, these teens dream of taking their friendship to the next level. Maybe Marcus will get brave enough to ask Alissa to the yearly dance. A camper comes up missing, giving Nate the opport ...more
Maria Tzoutzopoulou
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Camp Lenape by Timothy R. Baldwin is one of those stories where you are curious to know what's on the next page.
You eagerly need to solve the mystery.
It's quick and easy to read, and I would recommend it for a young adult audience.
There, teens can discover the values of friendship through a story of adventure.
Roxanne Ridge
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meddling Kids Getting into Trouble

This book was a page-turner. I was curious about what was really happening at the camp. I thought there was a good amount of action and I got a bit of nostalgia while reading. It reminded me of The Goonies and Scooby-Doo, but with a twist.
Ann
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
When junior counselor Marcus’s little sister Bri goes missing, he is desperate to find her. His best friend and fellow junior counselor Alissa never sees Bri leave. None of the adults can give the teens a straight answer. They act as if nothing has happened. Marcus’s and Alissa’s suspicions lead them deep into the woods. In their search for Bri, they will learn to rely on themselves and their friends as they encounter a terrible and dangerous secret. This is a short book and written for YA but i ...more
Benjamin Bass
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I hope to read more from the author and I am very much loo
Sherri Geisler Locke
It took me a bit to get into it but after a couple of chapters it became a really nice read. Camp Lenape has been around for a number of years, and the new junior counselors have all attended the camp for a few years themselves. They find themselves in the middle of a strange mystery. With adults who seem to be acting strange and a girl who has disappeared, who just happens to be the sister of one of the junior counselors. They manage to get themselves into quite a bit of trouble along the way.< ...more
B.J. Thompson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Teenage Summer Camp Mystery

Inviting camp locale with endearing characters who unravel a dangerous mystery.

It takes time for the plot to engage but the mystery is revealed, and daring action eventually takes place. There's a bit of a disconnect as per the ideal reader age, as it starts like it should be meant for tweens but ends up geared more for older teenagers.

If this becomes a series, deeper character development would be nice.
Pat Eroh
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
easy to read, with a great mystery to solve. The author is a talented writer and has incorporated great teamwork skills into this incredible read. The characters, Marcus and Alissa are fabulous and easy to like. An overall fabulous read.

Tanya
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer camp is supposed to be fun but when a girl goes missing, the adults have no ideas about what happened. The children band together to try to find out what happened to her. Secrets will be revealed and things may get darker. What happened to her? Will they find her? See if they will

Iris Chacon
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent YA book, dealing with heroic teenage adventurers along with a theme of "growing our personal character." The solving of a mystery and the suspenseful battle with the ultimate bad guys are exciting and full of action.

Beneath and beside the mystery, action, and adventure, the campers and junior counselors explore...
... being friends with people different from yourself,
... going through experiences that test our personal character,
... when snitching is actua
Caron
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2019
Kenesha Williams
is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2019
Timothy Baldwin
May 16, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• John Bowman's Cave
  • Malice
  • Quantum (Captain Chase #1)
  • The Great Journey
  • En Route
  • Letters to My Lover From Behind Asylum Walls
  • The Errant Heirs Caper
  • Rebel Mage Charlie (The Dragon Mage #7)
  • Remember: A Unique Love Story
  • The Enemy Within: A Dystopian Thriller
  • Mirrabooka Magic (Mirrabooka Sweet Romance Book 1)
  • The Sorcerer's Bane (The Seven Words, #1)
  • All's Fairy in Love and Murder (A Fairy Godmother Mystery #1)
  • The Little Ghost Who Didn't Like to Be Scary: A Picture Book
  • Movies, Moonlight & Magic (Manitoba Tea & Tarot Mysteries, #2)
  • The Schoolhouse: A Hickory Grove Novel
  • A Murder at the Country Club
  • The Darkness: Book Two of the 'Living In Hell' Trilogy
Tim grew up in Syracuse, New York. He currently resides in Maryland where he teaches English, Creative Writing, Film, and Theatre on the middle school level. At the insistence of his own students, he began writing seriously in 2014.

He credits his love for story to his mother, who spent countless hours reading to him and his siblings when they were growing up. Growing up, he devoured the literary