Start by marking “The Hatter's Game: Part I (Criminal Intentions: Season One #12)” as Want to Read:
The Hatter's Game: Part I (Criminal Intentions: Season One #12)

The Hatter's Game: Part I

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #12)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

Broken trust. Shattered hearts. Secrets exposed--and yet still no closer to the truth. When Malcolm and Seong-Jae's relationship hits a wall, their partnership fragments as well...and they may not be able to withstand the crushing tide when protests over Tomasz Kowalczyk's death turn into deadly riots. Too many familiar faces return, and one will be lea
Published May 16th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Hatter's Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hatter's Game

Start your review of The Hatter's Game: Part I (Criminal Intentions: Season One #12)
Simone
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poof! And there went any eloquence I might have possessed out of the window in a cloud of dust...

Sorry for this non-review, but all I can give you for this ending at the moment is a heartfelt: F.*.C.K!
Bildergebnis für facepalm f*ck gif

I swear to God, a certain someone is trying to kill me! The only reason I won't return the favor is that he took pity on me and will release book #13 soon. Thank heaven for small favors!
Nicola
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
Oh my poor heart. Full review of parts one and two of Criminal Intentions: The Hatter’s Game HERE and fear not, no spoilers.

description A threshold had been crossed, and there was no turning back.”

description
description
Ariana
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotional carnage. (as expected)
Mounting tension. (as expected)
The plot arc coming to a head. (as expected)
Hurt and pain galore. (as expected)

It doesn't matter how much I expected any of those things - when they hit (and they did!), it was simply blooming awful. And it hurt on the deepest level. There are only very few characters I have cared so much about.

Malcolm's broken heart, his total confusion why Seong-Jae cuts him off so deeply, and Seong-Jae beating himself up in the most self-destructi
haletostilinski
4.5 stars overall!

Yep, .5 taken off for Seong-Jae being a frustrating asshole. I get it, but also it was supremely frustrating and my heart hurt for Malcom who has only ever been kind and sweet and loving to Seong-Jae. When he hurt, I hurt. And Seong-Jae has such a wall up, even worse than in the start of the series, that if we hadn't gotten his POV you would think he was almost unaffected by their maybe-who-the-fuck-knows-possible break-up.

But! Good news is we do get his POV, and underneath th
Deborah
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh wow - Sila makes his move.

That’s all you’re getting from me.

Huge cliffhanger and the final book to read...
⚣Michaelle⚣
Holy Cliffhanger!

Talk about a wind up that leaves you hanging. At one point in the book the protestors' anger and frustration were described as gradually building magma, waiting for the right (wrong) moment for it all to blow. Everything in this installment felt like that...escalating tension and drama.

And as if there was any doubt that Malcolm would find anything in that file to loose faith in, or doubt his love for, his omr-an.

Seriously cannot wait to start the next one.

Also, once again this s
Lisazj1
Swear to God, Cole McCade must be the most sadistic author I know!! To actually give me that one small kernel of hope right there at the end and then BANG!!! Right through the heart. (view spoiler) *runs off to next part of episode!!* ...more
Gerbera_Reads
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The time has come to reveal the secrets of the past. After the misunderstanding between Malcolm and Seong-Jae escalates into a fallout of epic proportions, we see how both men deal with emotional pain. While Mal is trying to bridge the gap between them, Seong-Jae reverts to his controlled cold self that we first encounter when both detectives initially meet. It shows stark contrast between how things were when they started and just how much Mal and Seong-Jae feel for each other. But there is no ...more
Mo
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I am still frustrated with a certain individual. C'mon man, it's not as if you are dealing with an asshole ... you seem to have already dealt with them (assholes) in your past, from what I can gather.

Perfect timing truly.

A time for endings ... and a time for beginnings.

He felt no more pain ...

The crime in this one was secondary as there was just too much going on between these two. I shouldn't have
Chris
OMG - the tension, angst and pain was real ... 😮😬🤯😐
Karen
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You'll have to forgive me but I need to finish reading Season One #13 and then I'll get right back here to write a review, ok? Thanks.

and...I'm back...

"The Hatter's Game" Part I

There are so many factors coming into play with these last two stories that for anyone who hasn't read the rest of the series...and preferably in order...chances are really good that you're going to be confused. So with this one I not only suggest but endorse reading this one from the beginning so that you can fol
♥Sharon♥
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

FFS!!! I think Cole McCade is trying to kill me. LOL My heart is still racing.

❤ Malcolm ❤
❤ Seong-Jae ❤

Just started Part II. I am so nervous!!!

Mariah
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What is time? Where am I?
Pretty sure I went to an alternate dimension last night and instead of sleeping I just read this damn book that turned my heart into an open wound.
I was gonna jump straight into Season 2 after the finale of S1 but I think I'm gonna need a break, this series has taken over my life.
I also can't deal with the fact that theres only 5 books in S2 and I already need. more.
Caipi
Oh My God!!!
I'm so glad that Part II of this episode is already available, I wouldn't be able to wait even a few hours to start reading it!!

ReadingAllNite
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, author-site
Thank goodness part ll is coming out really quick, otherwise I’ll have to hunt down Cole McCade and shake the rest out of him. Major, heartbreaking, jaw-dropping cliffhanger at the end of this. There’s not much I can say without giving a big old spoiler, so you’ll just have to read it yourself.

*An ARC was provided by the author, publisher or a promotional service and I have chosen to publish a fair and honest review*

Claire
Starting the next book now !
Claudia
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2020
So good. .... again

2019
Such a rush ... and with this ending the only choice is to dive in the next book
Athira
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
What the actual fuck was that ending?! This is going to be short because I'm dying to read the next one. I'm going to emphasis how lucky I'm that I don't have to wait to read the next book!

Oh Seong Jae! He was being such an asshole but I could totally understand him (thanks to his POV). The walls he built up are ten times as strong as the ones in the beginning to keep Mal out. And Malcolm is hurting. Not that Seong Jae isn't. He just hides it better.

That fucking ending! I was so hopeful and the
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

This was a short one, but so action-packed and emotional! At the end of the last book, Malcolm confronted Seong-Jae with his old FBI file, which led to a major fracture in their relationship. Seong-Jae and Malcolm are both angry and scared, and with the city on the verge of a complete riot, this is the worst time for them to be at odds ... especially with Sila closing in.

My heart really broke for both Malcolm and Seong-Jae th
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can’t talk. Need to read the next one NOW!!
Lori
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!
Elisa Glendenning
NOOOOOOOOOOO 😱😭. Not much I can say apart from: WTF Seong-Jae, go get that MF 🤬!!!!!!
Dannica Zulestin
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quiltbag, ku, m-m
If I didn't get this as an ARC I would be immediately reading the next book right now instead of reviewing this one. BUT, it is, so here are some quick thoughts:

The case in this one is really good, I thought. The plot is not as focused on it as sometimes, but it brings in elements from the first book (Nathan's back, an attempted victim from the first book) and continues the subplot of all the protests going on because of police violence. I didn't realize McCade would make the protests so much of
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This one took me out. Took me out! I’m an activist. I’ve been to several BLM protests, lgbtq+ protests, had a few of my own in my own community when white nationalist posted stickers and flyers around my neighborhood and schools threatening lives of those with mixed families, so I get this. I remember my first BLM protest. And how scared I was after seeing what happened in Ferguson. I remember when the police got pushy how I prayed nothing like Ferguson would happen. That I just needed to get ho ...more
Adrienn Csép
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We were investigating again, but I was more interested again in the conflict at the end of the previous book. What will happen, how they will solve it if they solve it. I don't understand why they're not talking, more importantly why Seong-Jae acting the way he is. Ok I know why: he's terrified that Mal will see him as a monster just like the FBI. But really he didn't know his old wolf by now? Huang said a sentence that grabbed my attention and explained so much about his situation.
And because
M
I am not going to write a full review for this one, I read this and the second part back to back and will post the full review under part II. But I *loved* this episode with an intensity and fierce determination to see everything turn out okay, damnit. And I couldn’t put it down long enough to go to bed on time, I kept reading until the sun came up. Perfect book. Perfect book at the right time - for me and in the season.
mina reads™️
That’s what this whole big secret has been about???? Wack

The whole police brutality and white nationalism part was good and horrible and heartbreaking but all that was clouded by seong jae and malcom’s personal issues and absurd miscommunication angst. This was a huge backslide imo in terms of the characters. Least favorite in the whole series
Staci
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait for the next book to see how this ends for Season 1. I need a happy ending for Malcolm and Seong-Jae where they say that four letter word finally to each other.

Bad guy Sila needs to get run over multiple times by a freight train!

I LOVE this series and can’t get enough!
Carr
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It gets more difficult with each episode to accurately describe how I live for each episode. These characters have burrowed into my heart and I just love them. Another heart stopping episode where it seems like everything is coming together and yet falling apart at the same time. Just brilliant.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Interlude: Cavatina
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Police Brutality (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)