Start by marking “Know You By Heart (Warriors of the Heart #5)” as Want to Read:
Know You By Heart (Warriors of the Heart #5)

Know You By Heart

(Warriors of the Heart #5)

After a bomb blast ended her career with the military, Alice Liddell arrives at a veterans' retreat in hopes of healing. The last person she expects to stumble upon is pro-football quarterback Micah Palmer. Even more surprising, she forms a friendship with this fellow lost soul.
Since his injury a year ago, Micah Palmer has struggled with addiction and recovery. He agrees t
304 pages
Published October 7th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Know You By Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Know You By Heart

Start your review of Know You By Heart (Warriors of the Heart #5)
Siobhan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Know You By Heart is the fifth book in Laurie Winter’s Warriors of the Heart series, and it’s another great read. I’ll be honest and say this is not my favourite book in the series, but it’s still a wonderful read. Know You By Heart had me hooked, and once I started reading I had to finish it in a single sitting.

Although Know You By Heart is the fifth book in the series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. We get to see more of characters from prior books, but you do not need knowled
E-Reader Addict
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
WARNING: Long, semi-rambling review ahead.

I feel like I need to give some background here. I read the first book in the Warriors of the Heart series, Home Field, shortly after its June 2017 release, and found myself impressed with this debut author’s first book. The story was compelling and heartfelt and was written without all the silly cliched things so many books are written with these days (like repeating ad nauseum about how hawt the hero is, and repetitious inner monologues lamenting why
Maria
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
Enjoyable story about a female wounded warrior and a quarterback fighting addiction, “Know You by Heart”, by Laurie Winter (The Wild Rose Press), is still a light read despite its dark themes. The idea that both characters heal each other through their involvement is sweet.
Micah and Alice are engaging enough characters, but they look more like buddies than lovers. Micah is a bit shallow, although I found the author handled this tra
Heather Pagel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that I didn’t want to put down! Series is awesome! Totally got wrapped up in the strong willed characters who have to learn to put the past behind them. Letting go of pain and moving forward is never easy, but with the right person by your side, maybe it’s possible?
Chelsea
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read dozens, if not hundreds, of romance novels and this has to be my favorite yet. I was on edge the entire story, eagerly turning pages to find out what happened next. I was absolutely enthralled, and yet, it was a rather soft, mundane story that could very likely happen. No major dramas – just normal things that happen to everyday people, or everyday heroes. We see an all-star football player who struggles to stay clean after overcoming drug addiction paired with an amazing woman solider ...more
Laura Hoffman
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Winter has a way of drawing the reader into the twists and turns of her characters. Her stories are brilliantly written, and once you start one of her books you won’t be able to put them down. Her romance series will make you cry and laugh out loud, and root for the brave personality’s of the characters. Her books never disappoint!
Sharon Schafer
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A compelling story of emotional and physical healing. The author tenderly explores the relationship between Alice and Micah, two broken people searching to rebuild their lives. This story makes you want to keep reading!
Dina Dietzler
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Winter’s series only gets better! Her characters and their backgrounds are believable and imperfectly human. The storytelling flows easily and descriptive elements entertaining. Love can overcome obstacles! Know You by Heart is a very good read!
Laurie Winter
May 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Krista
Deborah Dumm
Elizabeth
Angelica Dimeo
Oct 07, 2019

• I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)
  • You'll Never Know
  • Let It Be Me
  • Hear Me Roar (Health and Happiness Society #4)
  • Switched in Time
  • Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)
  • Finding Anna
  • What Was Lost (Health and Happiness Society #5)
  • Moving a Little Heart (Little Heart, #1)
  • Loving a Little Heart (Little Heart, #2)
  • Raging Sea (Dragon's Dove Chronicles, Book 3)
  • Fight for You (A Warrior for Her, #1)
  • What Heals the Heart (Cowbird Creek, #1)
  • The Missing Branch (Bulwark Anthology, #5)
  • The Window (Bulwark Anthology, #4)
  • The Darkness (Bulwark Anthology, #8)
  • The Knowing (Bulwark Anthology, #1)
  • The Adventures of Bentley Hippo: Inspiring Children to Share
Multi-award winning author Laurie Winter is a true warrior of the heart. Inspired by her dreams, she creates authentic characters who overcome the odds and find true love. She keeps her life balanced with regular yoga practice and running with her dog, Shadow. When not pounding the pavement or the keyboard, she's likely fueling up on wine, cheese curds, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Warriors of the Heart (5 books)
  • Home Field (Warriors of the Heart, #1)
  • True Horizon (Warriors of the Heart #2)
  • After All (Warriors of the Heart #3)
  • Winner Takes All (Warriors of the Heart #4)

News & Interviews