Start by marking “Arms of Grace” as Want to Read:
Arms of Grace

Read Book* *Different edition

Arms of Grace

Grace Ward's sterile existence is thrown into chaos when an unconscious baby is abandoned at her hospital during a hurricane. From the instant a mysterious couple thrusts the infant into her arms and disappears, Grace's life is transformed.

She names the baby Johnny. His identity is shrouded in secrecy, and even with a trained staff treating him, Johnny's life hangs in the
Published April 9th 2019 by Darlington Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Arms of Grace, please sign up.
Eleanor We're looking at an early 2018 release date for my next book. Title and cover reveal coming soon.

Start your review of Arms of Grace
Elise Larson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A deeply touching story of a woman's boundless love for a helpless baby. Four smiling stars!

This book surprised me! The first half is a rather slow story about a 40-year-old nurse who still suffers from the trauma of an abusive childhood and early marriage. So many books have similar themes these days, and I thought, "Here we go again." But Grace's devotion to Johnny, an abandoned and comatose baby in the hospital, kept me interested enough to keep reading. I'm so glad I did! The second half gra
Crystal
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started really slowly, and I ended up putting it down for over a month, debating if I was invested enough to finish it. I'm really glad I did. It's a slow warm-up for sure, but once it gets moving, it keeps a flow that keeps the reader invested. I felt like the last couple chapters were a bit too rushed; I actually wondered if there was a second part to finish the story, but then the ending came together. I would have loved to have seen it a bit longer in order to further develop the f ...more
J. Florence
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book about a very dedicated nurse.
Grace was in the emergency room the night a couple brought a comatose baby in and left him without telling anyone who he was or where he came from. Grace fell in love with this baby, she called Johnnie, and fought for him throughout this book. Not only did she fight for Johnnie's life, but she fought the doctors that wanted to take him off life support.
This was a wonderful book. I cried and I laughed while reading this book. There was a ve
Annie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arms of Grace by Eleanor Chance

One of the best books I've ever read about a nurse named Grace who falls in love with a little boy who has no one and the lengths she's willing to go through to save him. This is a roller coaster ride involving many lives and many trials and tribulations for all the people involved but especially Grace. Love is a powerful thing when you find the right people to help you see it's real. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a great story about what love truly means.
Energy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arms of Grace is a moving story about a woman named Grace who falls in love with a discarded baby at her hospital. Lovingly named Johnny by her and the staff, Grace will move mountains to see him wake up out of his coma. Arms of Grace is filled with many trials, from Grace trying to adopt Johnny, to interference from the hospital administration and the state. Grace does a good job fighting for what is right for Johnny with the help of her friends, and in the process, Grace has found out a lot of ...more
Audrey Ziebol
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a retired nurse, I always enjoy medical novels. This book was particularly interesting to read since it involved the love of a handicapped baby. The nurse caring for him, along with the friends who became her helpers, made this book so true to life. I had a hard time putting it down and finished it in less than a day.
jim langley
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complex and enticing read!

Story was intricately woven entrapping my interest. From the chaos of her early life she rose like a Phoenix and saved Johnny an orphan who initially appeared brain dead. This book has it all! Tragedy, redemption, love and after you think you can’t stand another obstacle, the heroine gets her HEA.
Lorelei Frank
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!

What a story from the heart! Such a realistic story of faith, love, loss, hope and thoughts of suicide. First book of Eleanor Chance that I have read. Looking forward to reading more!
Alayne
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pleasant story but with some aspects that I wasn't happy with. It was quite slow, there was a lot of "lecturing", and I found the main character, Grace, to be totally out of control of her emotions most of the time - not necessarily appropriately to the part of the story.
Jo-Lyne Ryker
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Graces world

Well written story about a woman and the baby she desires.
Author captures feelings of sadness, grief
and pain.
The author does a superb job pulling the story together.
Rachel Sakitis
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Arms of Grace is a heartwarming story about Grace Ward and her struggle to save baby John Doe who ended up in the ER while she was working. There are twists and turns that keep the reader guessing right up until the end.

This is a fast reading book and I would recommend it to others.
Cindi Klemm
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tear-jerker

What an absolute beautiful story about a woman who overcome tribulations and finds a baby left comatose and abandoned during a hurricane.
Barbara C.
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to to hoe

As much as if I considered adoption, it was hard knowing kidnapping played a part in the story

Still a great 👍 book to read!
Shannon
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

One of the best books I have ever read. This kept me guessing until the very last paragraph. A lot of suspense, twists and turns. Love and heartache. Loved it!
gj indieBRAG
We are proud to announce that ARMS OF GRACE by Eleanor Chance is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Dee Kendall
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! I could not put it down. I highly recommend for a nice easy read.
Jose May
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Heart break , joy, shock and tears !
A fantastic story with so many twists and turns you won't be able to spreading to learn what happens next. Highly recommend.
ciñdy
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I loved the main character. She helped carry the story. The story flowed and it was one of those books that you couldn't put down. I had to know how all the characters were affected by certain events, that kept me reading.
When will Eleanor Chance come out with her next book, and where will that story line take us?
Georgiaann Ball
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real people

This book has more directional depth than most. The storyline was unique and avoided being formulaic. I enjoyed the character development and with more I would have given it a 5 overall. Well done.
Mary Mitchell
Oct 03, 2019
Donna Sisk
Sep 21, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The River Girl's Song (Texas Women of Spirit, #1)
  • 99 Nightingale Lane (The Nightingale Lane Series #1)
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • A View to Die For (To Die For series, #1)
  • Those Children Are Ours
  • Falling for You (A Pine Ridge Romance, #3)
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • But Not Forlorn (Clint Wolf Mystery, #7)
  • The Apartment
  • The Billionaire Returns Home
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Boss (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #2)
  • Envious
  • Lone Survivor (Crescent City Kings Book 1)
  • The Silent Daughter
  • Seal of Secrets: A Novel of Mystery and Suspense
  • On the Lookout (Lantern Beach P.D. #1)
  • Senile Squad: Adventures of the Old Blues
Eleanor Chance's debut novel, Arms of Grace is a finalist in consideration for production by Wind Dancer Films, is a silver medalist in the Readers' Favorite Awards, and is a recipient of the B.R.A.G. Medallion.

As an avid reader, Eleanor cherishes books that influence her writing and her life. She hopes to create the same experience for readers and thrives on crafting tales of everyday heroes.

Elea