Start by marking “Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)

Girls of Storm and Shadow

(Girls of Paper and Fire #2)

In this mesmerizing sequel to the New York Times bestselling Girls of Paper and Fire, Lei and Wren have escaped their oppressive lives in the Hidden Palace, but soon learn that freedom comes with a terrible cost.

Lei, the naive country girl who became a royal courtesan, is now known as the Moonchosen, the commoner who managed to do what no one else could. But slaying the cr
Expected publication: November 5th 2019 by Hodder & Stoughton

Chaima ✨ شيماء
Love is a sacred word reserved only for rebel girls and their warrior girlfriends, aka Lei and Wren
may ➹

hello I’m May but I go by “Eternally Crying Over This Rating” now
Natasha Ngan
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book contains: an epic journey, dark magic, stormy seas and blistering deserts, cute queer boy demons, fancy parties, politics, betrayal, badass girls with swords, declarations of love that come too late, secrets and fears, hope and devastation, battles at midnight, stolen kisses, glorious feasts, shattered lives, and scenes that will both make and break your heart. Prepare yourselves 😈
Elise (TheBookishActress)
love is real and it came up to me at a Starbucks and punched me in the face
✨    jamieson   ✨
remember when I read the entire first book in one day good fucking times I cannot wait for the sequel. and for my lesbian warrior mums to return
Iris
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
***Pre-review #2***

OH. MY. GOD. This cover is absolutely stunning and I am 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I don't love it *quite* as much as the first cover, but at the same time it is GORGEOUS and I CANNOT STOP STARING AT IT.

Productivity? What is that? Why bother doing anything responsible when I can just stare at this cover all day long instead?

***Pre-review #1***

This book may not have a release date, cover, or title yet, but it's sure as hell one of my most anticipated releases regardless! I. NEED. IT.
Tucker
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Edit: WE HAVE A COVER AND I AM QUAKING IN ITS BEAUTY!!! actually, after a lot of thinking, i hate this cover 🤷

Please let November come sooner! I NEED more Wren and Leigh!!!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Natasha
*grabby hands* I NEED IT

Update: WE'VE GOT A COVER GAYS AND IT'S GORGEOUS
Ashleigh | Wild Heart Reads
This cover watered my gay crops and cleared my gay skin 😍
;3
alexa play heart eyes by coin because this cover just transcended all other covers
ellie
petition to rename this book "gays of storm and shadow" because that's basically what it is
Elena
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
3/5/19
GIRLS OF STORM AND SHADOW

also,,, that synopsis is what i'm living for. "warrior love"
milou  ☁️
y'all this cover is bringing tears to my eyes
Lena
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So dang hyped for this. Come at me beloved pain

..............................

That cover tho oh my God 😭😭😭❤❤❤
I would do anything to have an ARC of this!
Alice
4 stars | video review ~ 13 min

*single tear* Last year, Girls of Paper and Fire came out. This year, I was lucky enough to have my request for a Girls of Storm and Shadow ARC granted by the publisher! I was super excited to receive this in the mail, so thank you Little, Brown and Co. for sending GOSAS to me.

If I was lukewarm about GOPAF, I am pleasantly REELING from GOSAS. Natasha pretty much gave me everything I asked for at the end of GOPAF in GOSAS. Color me impressed!

Notes: I will have a con
julianna ➹
Siri, please translate [a thousand dying screams] into english for me because that's it. That's the review

(Also, May is lowkey disowned)

buddy read with the scourge of all human creation

anyways :) the heavens looked down favorably upon me and the publicist decided to give me a physical arc of this (after I wrote a five body paragraph essay in my review request)
N (they/them)
THE COVER HAS BEEN DROPPED AND IM SCREAMING
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
~~~~
THAT TITLE

MAKES ME

SO EXCITED

IM GRIHGRIHHIER

also it's being released on nov 5th and that's officially going to be the best day of my life oh my god
~~~
*breat
Yusra  ✨
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
yes. YEEEESSSSSSS. ok but YESSSSS.
Acqua
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-sequels, q, yff
This cover. I.
I love it so much and I want this book now
Megan ❀
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read-not-released  ·  review of another edition
5/31/19: THE COVER. I DIE.

3/5/19: WE HAVE A TITLE AND SYNOPSIS!!!!! 💖💖💖

@ the publishing gods please give it to me
✨ emma ✨
THIS COVER ??????????????????
michelle (magicalreads)
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2019

read on my blog

And now we have a whole world to set ablaze.

Girls of Storm and Shadow was one of my most anticipated releases of 2019, and I honestly screamed on the inside when I received an ARC in the mail. It had been a while since I read the first book, so I had to take a bit of a break to reread Girls of Paper and Fire. Then I had to mentally prepare myself to start this book, and I was not dis
AJ
I AM LIVING FOR THIS COVER
beverley
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
“5th of November 2019”

I’m sorry Natasha I can’t wait that long !!!!!
Sanne
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-release, fantasy
1). Girls of Paper and Fire ★★★★

I need this book so bad! My heart aches for more Lei/Wren softness but I also know we're getting more badassery from these awesome ladies and I CAN'T WAIT
Lacy
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how I currently feel about Girls of Storm and Shadow. I feel frustrated and I want to throw the book at something. :/ I'll try to write a better review soon. On a positive note I read the entire thing in less than 24 hours. \_(ツ)_/
“Sometimes things will remain forever changed by what's happened to it. You can try and make amends. Rebuild. Relearn. Heal. But there are some scars that won't heal. No matter how much someone wants them to.”

***Thank you so much to Hachette Book Group
Tova
Jun 16, 2019 marked it as 2019-releases  ·  review of another edition
Guess who got an ARC of this book? ME!!!!!!

Being a bookseller really does have its perks.

GoPaL: *ends like how it ends*

Me: this is absolutely
not funny, delete
this immediately
or my lawyer will
be in contact

Natasha: lets do it
baby, i know
the law

I don't understand this meme, but I'll use it however unironic it is.
♠️ TABI ♠️
"I'm not a sucker for pretty covers" I say as I sneak this onto my tbr
BookHugger
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i need this book like i need air
Emily (emilykatereads)
"Wren and I might not be Paper Girls anymore, but we are still capable of creating fire.
And now we have a whole
world to set ablaze."

OH BOY. I thought the first book gave me everything I needed with wholesome queer girls together in an amazing fantasy story?

We forget what else gets me goin'.

MORALLY GREY BADASS FEMALE CHARACTERS.

And this book is full of them.

I don't want to say too much about the specifics of this, because well, spoilers, but oh boy, do I love a good morally-grey character. Esp
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Other Words for Smoke
  • The Naida Tapes (The Dead House #1.5)
  • Tarnished Are the Stars
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Practically Ever After (Ever After, #3)
  • Wounded Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #2)
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • Untitled (Wrapped, #2)
  • Song of Sorrow (Sorrow, #2)
  • The Lost Witch
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers #2)
  • SLAY
  • The Worst of All Possible Worlds (The Salvagers, #3)
  • Reverie
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (An Absolutely Remarkable Thing #2)
Natasha Ngan is a NYT bestselling author and yoga teacher. She grew up between Malaysia, where the Chinese side of her family is from, and the UK. This multicultural upbringing continues to influence her writing, and she is passionate about bringing diverse stories to teens. Natasha studied Geography at the University of Cambridge before working as a social media consultant and fashion blogger.

Sh

Girls of Paper and Fire (3 books)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1)
  • Untitled (Girls of Paper and Fire, #3)