Start by marking “For Ever” as Want to Read:
For Ever

For Ever

"The Royal Sword is gone."

"Excuse me? Would you mind repeating that? I thought I heard you say you hid our most important heirloom."

A girl meets a dragon, a servant fights for her prince, a traveler with a secret finds a home, a soldier disobeys the rules in order to save the kingdom, and a queen journeys north to find out if she's truly fit to rule.
Published June 10th 2019 (first published June 2019)

To ask other readers questions about For Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Ever

Start your review of For Ever
Moja
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I love the fact that the book consists of five different stories which coherent all together as one. The characters are really divers and the different stories give you insight in all of them. It really is a feel good book, with amazing illustrations, which I 100% recommend!
Annabelle
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Definitely recommend it!
The book is an easy read with fun short stories that are all in an orginal way connected with each other. I really love each character and I am happy to see some really good representation.

What makes this book stand out though is the way you see the characters develop just by really listening to others and by being open to new people and new experiences. In this way some really important topics are intertwined with the stories without making the book a
Lars Kuijpers
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It's got an interesting story, good flow and some characters that I'm honestly quite obsessed with at this point. The diverse set of characters, without their diversity being the whole point of the story, is also a breath of fresh air, especially in the fantasy genre. Switching point of view between them really helped this as well, giving you insight into all of them on a much more personal level, while still having enough room for an interesting overarching story ...more
Emily
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very privileged in that I got to see this book at its many different stages of development and I must say that every iteration I've seen of these stories are wonderfully written and beautifully crafted and developed. Each story paints a vignette of a person in living in the kingdom and offers a unique perspective on a beautifully complex and magical world. You will certainly find yourself falling in love with each and every character in this book as you learn their hopes and dreams and ...more
Jessy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a wonderful read. It’s extremely clever and every characters’ tale ties together at the end of the story! The characters were funny and relatable, the plot was extremely interesting and the vibe the author created for the story is unique and I loved it! I definitely recommend this book it’s getting its own spot in my Special Books shelf!
Renée
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! LGBTQ+ characters doing normal fantasy stuff like meeting dragons, saving princes, finding important heirlooms. It is exactly what we all need in our lives! Reading this book just makes me feel happy and warm inside.
I really like the world and the story, but above all I love all the characters. Every single one is truly my baby and I would protect them with my life.

It was an absolute honor Cindy to work with you on this book and design all of the characters you
Maddie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED this book!! Every character was so different and unique. They all learned some sort of valuable lesson whether it was about themselves or each other... and I absolutely loved how each story was woven together! It's beautifully enchanting and it's hard to not love each character and their adventures.
Sanne
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God, it's such a good book. Honestly, I love how the five stories connect but are also still separate and how each character is developed throughout all five of the stories.
I still can't pick a favorite story. It's not that I love all five equally, but all five are amazing and give me different feelings. The book has so many stunning scenes that blew me away, and I'm glad to have read it again.
Cindy's prose is very convincing and I love the inclusivity of this book. Renée's illustrations
Laura García-conde fernández
This was such a lovely book.

Every character was relatable in their own unique way and very easy to love. They walk paths of self-discovery, recognising their flaws and learning from them. Fighting prejudices (even your own) takes central stage in these five stories.

Magic is presented in a very subtle way, always there but never the focus, which was nice and helped keep the stories grounded and real. The world is detailed but simple and believable.

My only objection is not about the book itself
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, 5-stars
I really enjoyed reading this book! I'm not a big fan of short stories, since I find it hard to really connect with the characters and to dive into the world they live in. This wasn't the case this time! I read it in one day, because the stories were just beautiful and gripping and I couldn't put it down. It is full of strong and unique characters, which you can't help but fall in love with. I really enjoyed getting to know them from different perspectives and to see them grow and become more ...more
Valeria
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is simply a wonderful story. I am someone who usually doesn't enjoy books made up of multiple short stories but I enjoyed this one immensely. The stories are all connected and draw you in quickly, making you guess at connections and gasp at reveals. But more than anything this story just has a lot of heart. You fall in love with the characters and the various ways people find each other and themselves. It will make you laugh and sigh and get emotional, and marvel at the beautiful and clever ...more
Danique
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg it is so good! I love the lgbt+ in this book it was just so cute.
Pauline allen
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hoped for more

I liked it but it was missing something. But I do want more. I just wished for a more finish ending
Christoffer Strokirk
Jul 04, 2019
Jennifer Bradshaw
Jul 05, 2019

• All the Crooked Saints
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • The Girl in Red
  • Alltid redo att dö för mitt barn
  • Adventure Time Enzyklopädie
  • Señoras que se empotraron hace mucho
  • Sandor slash Ida
  • The Lost Scrolls: Water
  • Freya: Sequential Love Stories
  • Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • War of the Spark: Ravnica
  • Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5)
  • The Quiet at the End of the World