Start by marking “Bunburry - A Taste of Murder: A Cosy Mystery Series (Countryside Mysteries: A Cosy Shorts Series Book 3)” as Want to Read:

Bunburry - A Taste of Murder: A Cosy Mystery Series

(Bunburry #3)

Miss Marple meets Oscar Wilde in this new series of cosy mysteries set in the picturesque Cotswolds village of Bunburry.

In "A Taste of Murder," the third Bunburry book, a local beef farmer is found dead and Betty Thorndike, vegetarian and Bunburry's only Green Party member, is in the frame. Despite what everyone thinks, Betty is absolutely not Alfie McAlister's girlfriend
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published April 17th 2019 by Lübbe Audio

To ask other readers questions about Bunburry - A Taste of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunburry - A Taste of Murder

Carol Evans
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
“A Taste of Murder” is the third in the Bunburry series. I guess it could stand alone, but I’d suggest reading the first two. They’re short anyway, around 100 pages, so it’s not a huge commitment, and that way you’ll be introduced to the town and Alfie and have more background going on this one.

Alfie is settling into village life. He has friends and a favorite restaurant, even though his friend, Oscar, is still trying to lure him back to London with food and Oscar Wilde quotes.

And of course, we
Trish R.
Good grief, this was as silly as the last one. Alfie was scared to drive in A Murderous Ride and in this one he’s scared to death of cows. He’s afraid he’s going to be eaten by a herd of them, because of something that happened when he was 12 years old. Really? At 42 he doesn’t know that cows AREN’T carnivores?

I’m done with Bunburry. I’ll head back to the Cherringham cozies.

No romance and no swearing.

Anyway, in this one Alfie was looking into a murder of a farmer, with the help of Marge, Liz, B
William Scarborough
I have a problem with the Bunburry series

Its entirely too short and the stories are too far apart! I really do enjoy Ms. Marchmonts cozy mysteries (and I am a devoted military sci-fi freak! ). She has spent three books developing these characters and she has brought them along at a perfect pace. Bunburry is a wonderful place to stop and rest for a while as others fight in the depths of space. Spend your money and your time wisely - read about Alfie and his friends it's well worth it.
Gary and Sandra Sims
Lovely story

Taking us to the quaint countryside of England Ms. Marchmont has written a tale of mystery dealing with a death of a very unpleasant man. We also learn more background on Alfie and get to meet again the delightful inhabitants of Bunburry. I very much enjoyed this book
Geneva Whitmore
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Another great 👍book in the series of Countryside Mysteries,the characters are just so exciting you can just picture them running around doing the things they do: Alfie Margie, Liz, and Emma as they solve the mysteries and the sheriff constantly getting mad 😠 at them. Love it. Can't stop laughing and reading the books 📚
Mary  (Biblophile)
An enjoyable, short little cozy mystery set in the Cotswolds. Alfie's friend, a Green Party member, is accused of killing a farmer whose cattle raising she doesn't approve of. Alfie also reveals more about his girlfriend's death. Each story stands alone and the characters have become like friends.
Pinky
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-19
Alfie and gang find themselves in the midst of a factory farm murder and the villagers are mad. The locally sourced beef from the Drunken Horse has taken a turn for the worse and everyone is eating a lot more veg while they find a new supplier. We also learn that Alfie has bovine phobia - will he overcome his fear?
I’m getting used to this series. Because the books are so short, the pace is a little different, but I like it. They are definitely written like episodes for TV and I can really visualize it with actors. I think the books are improving as the series goes on. A fun, quick read.
Leanne
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

If you enjoy the Cherringham series, you'll love Bunburry. Whimsical and light, yet we care about these characters and can't wait for yhe next installment. Highly recommend!
Laurie Dunn
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and fun and great characters. The perfect cozy except too short

Cute and fun and great characters. The almost perfect cozy - too short is the problem. Otherwise they're great fun.
Nancy M Aleksey
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A taste of Murder

Another totally enjoyable story. I think they are actually getting better and I've enjoyed the earlier ones. An easy mystery to follow, pleasant characters, a comfortable setting, what more could you want?
Diane Shearer
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful!

These stories are utterly charming. I find myself smiling from beginning to end. From the purple bedroom, through the cream tea and gin o’clock, to the last brew at the pub, Alfie is great fun. The mystery is just a good excuse to spend an afternoon in Bunburry. Enjoy.
Lynnelle D. Bolton
A Quick Read

The story was entertaining and educational for me. I've seen a mare give birth to a foal. So that part wasn't new to me, but this author does come up with some interesting facts. I assume they are facts. It wasn't as funny as I have learned to expect.
Donna Lynne
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series

I enjoy a good read and the Bunbury books fill the bill. The characters are fun and not totally predictable. Worth the time. Also like that they are novellas
LaVerne Cording
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting tail/tale

Enjoyed learning more about Alfie & his deceased partner, Vivian.
Alfie is feeling better as he allows his new friends to give him emotional support.
Km
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Peter Winstone
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not Up to Standard

A really poor effort compared to the first two four star books. Not worthy of any further comment at all.
Sandra S Penoyar
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming old fashioned reading!

These stories are funny old reads that transport to a slower, more simple time. I quite enjoy Alfie's adventures as he heals from emotional trauma.
Jayne Lindstrom
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but fun.

It kept my attention with gentle wit and fully-fleshed, well-mannered characters. I must buy the next book in the series.
Julena nola
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny

Easy to read and fun. I found it Light and tasty with good characters. I am looking forward to the next one
Sheila Williams
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm getting so attached to this series. Engaging characters and a story that clips along at a good pace
Cathy Weber
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

A compact mystery which gives regular readers a little more background on So and his life before Bunburry. More Marple than Wilde.
Alayne
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A pleasant cosy mystery which was very quick and entertaining to read .
Rebecca
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Cozy mystery set in Cotswolds, quick, fun read. Must get some of Liz and Marge's famous Bunburry fudge!
Kendall
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a fun little read. Short, but a great Cozy
Elizabeth Roxburgh
Bunbury mysteries

Very enjoyable. Good to find out why Alfie was so full of guilt over Vivienne 's death. Looking forward to next in series.
Homerun2
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love these gentle and amusing traditional British village cozies. Very short, a novella really,
Karen A OBryan
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read

Getting to know more about Alfie was a good part of the story. The characters are coming more alive and I am looking forward to the next book.
Betty
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I liked the premise of these books and the hero is quite fun as well. But they are just too short for my taste. I like to get a little invested in a book before the end comes and here it all happens to quickly.
Kate Savory
Dec 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Cars and Cold Cases (Isle of Man Ghostly #3)
  • The Wickenham Murders
  • Lord James Harrington and the Winter Mystery (Lord James Harrington #1)
  • Bump in the Night (Flaxborough Chronicles, #2)
  • Murder Among the Roses (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #5)
  • The Candlelit Coffin (Lady Fan Mystery #4)

Bunburry (5 books)
  • Bunburry - Murder at the Mousetrap: A Cosy Mystery Series. Episode 1 (Countryside Mysteries: A Cosy Shorts Series)
  • Bunburry - A Murderous Ride: A Cosy Mystery Series. Episode 2 (Countryside Mysteries: A Cosy Shorts Series)
  • Countryside Mysteries: A Cosy Shorts Series (4 Book Series)
  • Bunburry - Drop Dead, Gorgeous: A Cosy Mystery Series (Countryside Mysteries: A Cosy Shorts Series Book 5)