Start by marking “The Lighthouse Baby (Flight to Freedom #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lighthouse Baby (Flight to Freedom #2)

The Lighthouse Baby

(Flight to Freedom #2)

Life on the run is all Bella King knows. But after letting down her guard and opening her heart in a charming small town along the Oregon Coast, a chilling revelation forces her to make desperate decisions. Local architect, Adam Lexington, longs to protect Bella and secure their future together, but he’s hiding a tragic secret of his own.

The draw of a lighthouse, the dre
Published May 6th 2019 by Anaiah Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lighthouse Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lighthouse Baby

Start your review of The Lighthouse Baby (Flight to Freedom #2)
Dawn Klinge
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Lighthouse Baby, by Laura Thomas, is a romantic suspense story that had me reading, non-stop, until I was finished. It was too good and too full of suspense to put down. Bella and Adam, the main characters were realistic and likable and had me rooting for them the whole time.

The story is told from the point of view of Bella, a young woman who is on the run from a difficult past, and Adam, the man who loves her and wants to help her. Throughout the story, Bella's faith and reliance on God is
Rebecca MP
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura’s writing is beautifully descriptive, painting the most vivid and realistic images of colour and imagination as you read every line. You’ll be hooked instantly by the deep and searching emotions of the main character so make sure you have plenty of time to truly lose yourself in this gripping romantic suspense novel! You won’t regret it.
Naomi Craig
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling! Hard to put down! From the very first page, you are kept in suspense! The twists and turns left me holding my breath, hoping for the best for Bella and Adam. A very encouraging reminder that God is still in control. "If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed." John 8:36

I received an Advanced Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher.
D.J. Hejtmanek
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent suspenseful writing with well-developed characters. Can hardly put it down... Bella’s mysterious past is catching up with her! No spoilers here because I’m not there yet.
Mike Mellor
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If like me, you need encouragement to read more fiction then look no further! In fact it was reading the author's previous book that had me starting this one with an eagerness I thought I didn't possess.
The setting is a small coastal town on the Oregon Coast - in fact you could almost smell the salt in the air - and we are introduced to what appears to be the ideal young couple. But, what is the skeleton in this girl's cupboard that she is terrified will emerge and wreck her relationship with he
Karla Lees
worth the read

I love how action packed yet poignantly this book was written. A wonderful ensemble of family by choice interwoven with lighthouses will.leave the reader coming back for more by this talented author!
Mary Geisen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lighthouse Baby takes the reader on a ride from the beginning to the end. Mystery is laced with some romance and a deeper understanding of family dynamics as the main character explores her life as an adoptee. I highly recommend this book.
Abigail
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very first word of Laura Thomas’ new novel, I was on edge. My heart was pumping fast, and I was immediately drawn in. I had not expected the story of Bella King to start off the way it had, but I think it was a great beginning to an enjoyable novel.

Bella King had been on the run for six years, and she thought she had finally found a home in the small coastal town of Florence, Oregon. She had found new hope in Christ and people whom she could call family.

But one night threatened to chang
Tabitha
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book! Immediately, I found the story line easy to follow, and it was easy to visualize the characters and situations as the book progressed. Having a good, wholesome read that provides what I want in a romance novel is a must on my list. I received an Advanced Reader Copy at no cost to the publisher.
Blossom Turner
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romantic Suspense is not usually my go to genre. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed The Lighthouse Baby. The non-stop suspense with a sprinkle of romance kept those pages turning and my night light burning. Bella and Adam snuck into my heart and I found myself rooting for them from beginning to end. Great Read.
Roxanne
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and thrilling from start to finish. As an Oregonian, I especially enjoyed the setting of the story. It made me feel this adventure was taking place in my neighborhood. What a treat to read this gem on my vacation. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Heidi Trotman
Teresa Snyder
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it

I didn’t dislike the book, but I also didn’t love it.

The books cover is — dark and depressing, not something interesting that would cause me to give the book a second look.

The storyline was interesting, but the writing style, to me, was young adultish.
Becca Hart
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly fantastic, and I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. Laura's a gifted storyteller.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy at no cost to the publisher.
Melissa
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book all the way through. The first chapter grabbed my interest and the constant action had me on the edge of my seat.
Kay Anderson
Jolene
Oct 26, 2020
Angela Nowak
Apr 05, 2021

• The Off Limits Rule (It Happened in Nashville, #1)
  • West with Giraffes
  • The Trust Charm: A Finding Faith Romance (Book #1)
  • Chasing Love (Dark Love #1)
  • The Road to Austin (A Finding Faith Romance Book 2)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Billionaires and Baby Mistakes: A Romance Collection
  • Best I Ever Had
  • Knocked Up Mistake
  • Broken Daddy: An Age Gap Secret Baby Romance (Heart of Gracetown)
  • 90 Day Fake Fiancé: An Accidental Pregnancy Romance
  • His Secret Baby: A Second Chance Bossy Daddy Romance (Babies and Alphalicious Daddies)
  • Off Limits Single Dad: A Billionaire Best Friend's Brother Romance
  • Bosshole's Secret Baby: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • One Bossy Dare: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • The Redo (Winslow Brothers, #4)
  • Chasing Us (Dark Love #2)
  • Unlawful Temptations (Star-Crossed Book One)
A published Christian author, Laura writes heartwarming encouragement for your soul.

Laura is a hope*writers certified writing coach, a chocoholic mom and gigi, and is married to her high school sweetheart. Originally from the UK, they live in Kelowna, British Columbia as audacious empty-nesters.

Laura has four Christian romantic suspense books published by Anaiah Press: The Glass Bottom Boat, The L

Flight to Freedom (3 books)
  • The Glass Bottom Boat (Flight to Freedom #1)
  • The Orphan Beach

News & Interviews

Those of us who like to give books as holiday gifts have the same problem every year: People are weird. Well, people are very…specific is...