Start by marking “PuppyPerfect: The user-friendly guide to puppy parenting” as Want to Read:
PuppyPerfect: The user-friendly guide to puppy parenting

PuppyPerfect: The user-friendly guide to puppy parenting

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The book is user-friendly.

The approach is puppy-friendly!

Your puppy is so irresistible, cute, and lovable--until she chews your shoe, uproots your flowers, ruins your rug, demolishes your remote, or gobbles up your steaks.

Understanding your puppy's unique personality, breed-specific traits, and temperament will help you tailor and implement proper, positive training techni
Published October 1st 2005 by Howell (TP)

To ask other readers questions about PuppyPerfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PuppyPerfect

❆ Crystal ❆
Good book.. very informative. 4 stars.
Lisa
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hodgson's style of puppy parenting seems to suit my style. I like her charts and plan to copy them to post as reminders for myself and husband. This really is a "user-friendly" puppy parenting guide.
Brandyn
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
Seems like very useful information, but I won't rate until I actually get a puppy and apply it. When I got Gizmo (first dog) he was 6 months and I skipped the super young puppy phase. I really miss Giz, but I hate not having a dog. Unfortunately, my job situation means I cannot get a new one until August. Since Gizmo passed away so young and abruptly I'm not mentally in a "train a new puppy" frame of mind. I decided to read this a few months ahead to try to mentally prepare and on that front I t ...more
Krista Jensen
Feb 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
I chose this book after reading and comparing reviews of other puppy-training books. It was an easy, clear training guide with positive language and reasoning I understood. I feel much better prepared to welcome our new 9-week old puppy into our home next week. Sarah Hodgson's style seems to fit my own personality, so we will see how it goes. I will follow this review with an update as I apply her technique in conjunction with the Leerburg 8 Week to 8 Month Training Video.
I especially like the d
Lorin
Sep 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic practical guide for raising a puppy. It's got everything from what to expect each week, to games that can help to teach and train, to a shopping list of what to buy when you bring the puppy home. I'm certainly going to refer to this book over and over as my puppy grows!
Anand