Start by marking “Shammed” as Want to Read:

(Holiday Fun #2)

At R.K. Legal & Associates, office hours are between ten to six, pranks happen after hours, and evidence of all shenanigans are removed before doors open to clients.

When Alice’s boss, Mr. Kenton, starts a prank war with Lance McCarthy, an up-and-coming attorney from a rival firm, she thinks it’s just business as usual.

She’s never been so wrong in her life.

Chosen to b
Published March 19th 2019 by Pen & Page Publishing (first published March 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Shammed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shammed

Start your review of Shammed
Cindy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sequel to Claustrophobic although you don't have to have read it before this one. 5 star romcom. It is frequently laugh-out-loud funny although it has only a nodding relationship with reality. But seriously, if reality is your bag, why would you be reading any romantic comedy? ...more
Natalie
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had a great time with this one. Entertaining and funny with romance. It would be the dream to have a work environment like that. Plenty of spiders, glitter and pranks. Gonna have to go back and read Chloe’s story, just given myself spoilers on that one. Loved it, looking forward to reading the next one.
Sandra
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, own, r-j-blain
Loved all the pranks!
Pegboard
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shammed, by Bernadette Franklin, is an appealing romance which involves pranks, lawyers, spiders, and a spunky red-head. At her previous job as a legal secretary, Alice finds her boss has extreme anger issues and takes it out on her. Working with Mr. Kenton allows her physical and psychological wounds to heal while it encourages her to prank others in her circle of peers. Lance McCarthy is an attractive attorney who is the latest prey and the funds are unlimited. She learns to not let her weakne ...more
Jessica Gorgen
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I found the author originally via her magical rom coms and fell in love. When I found out she wrote non-magical ones, I couldn’t resist trying them. This is the first one I’ve read and I’m not disappointed! While the magical ones add a bit of extra flare, this was still an excellent book, and I loved the characters and the hilarity (and can appreciate pretty spiders even though they scare me).
Cory Cravens
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much joy!

Another great story of love and a kick ass woman! Shammed is just so good. The main character started as a minor character in a previous novel. She comes into here own in this book. This story involves so many pranks and they are priceless. I have had so much fun reading this wonderfully imaginative story. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Read it and feel good too.
Sarah Nutter
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and Sneaky

I really like these characters. They were all fun and quirky and cute. They had a lot of diversity in that their stories and personalities weren't all flowers and sunshine. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Helen M. Whitchurch
Fun romance without disturbing details

Nice boss and coworkers and loveable skydiving heroine with sense of humor and pet tarantulas.
I wouldn't want to be in same state with hate filled one named Boomer.
Liz Kissel
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cool novel

I am already a huge fan of RJ Blaine, this was a stumbled upon accident I could not put down. If you love comedy and romance you will love this book.
PS if you have problems with large spiders be warned there are several.
Allyson Williams
Shammed

A rip roaring entertaing read from the very first page! I've totally enjoyed reading Bernadette Franklin's books, and look forward to her next release.
Raquel Silva
Dec 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Dialogue and plot just dragged. Not funny, it was like a comedian who says the punchline first.
KDinSC
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I just stayed up way too late to finish this warped, yet LOL funny book! This is a fun series and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Gillian
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect

Snarky wonderful irreverent romance novel. Don’t read these if you want depth, just dive into the shallows and enjoy a happy ending with no smut.
Carolyn Evans
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Spiders, shenanigans and sky diving? All of which make for a wonderful story with snarky humor and romance galore. Read and enjoy.
Jessica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book, the pranks, the pets and the laugh out loud moments. A wonderful lighthearted read
Kathy Brann
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Punned

Charming hilarious book about prankish lawyers and the secretary that is the brains of the outfit. What’s not to love about this book - absolutely nothing!!!!
Josephine
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-f
While I liked the book, the end made me feel a bit cheated out of a real "finally gets together" moment. ...more
Indira Rivera
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buy this book. You'll thank me

This book is funny, lovely, and exciting. THIS BOOK WILL MAKE YOU LOVE PRANKS so be adviced. Thanks for noticing *-*
Kei
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books make me happy.
They are not for reading in overly sceptical and realistic moods, they are for reading for fun and to feel good.
I snickered on the parts regarding toilets (because washlets with glowy parts, button panels, and automatic lids are more of the norm around here even in some public restrooms), had a sad sigh on the topic of refurbishing an entire big dream house in 3 weeks for just half a million (I know people who can't find a way/people to do it for almost 2 years already)
Kelsie
Apr 30, 2019
Louise
Dec 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (Magical Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Bonds (Royal States, #6)
  • Hypnos (Seeking the Zodiacs #1)
  • Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)
  • Storm Called (Royal States, #1)
  • The Flame Game (Magical Romantic Comedies, #12)
  • Double Trouble (Magical Romantic Comedies, #9)
  • Steel Heart (Jesse Alexander, #2)
  • Booked for Murder (Vigilante Magical Librarians, #1)
  • Outfoxed (The Fox Witch #1)
  • Cold Flame (Royal States, #7)
  • A Chip on Her Shoulder (Magical Romantic Comedies, #11)
  • Blood Bound (Lowrance Vampires #1)
  • Water Viper (Jesse Alexander, #1)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Blending In (Magical Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • License to Kill (Balancing the Scales #2)
Bernadette Franklin is a figment of imagination owned and operated by two cats, a few plants, and a human otherwise known as R.J. Blain.

Bernadette Franklin writes Contemporary Romantic Comedy.

Holiday Fun (5 books)