Start by marking “On the Way Back (Retake Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
On the Way Back (Retake Duet, #2)

On the Way Back

(Retake Duet #2)

USA Today Bestselling Author Ella Fox is back with the emotionally charged conclusion to The Retake Duet.

After tragedy struck, Shaelyn shut down. Can she withstand another?

She was broken
Shaelyn felt like the weight of the world was on her shoulders when she left Garrett, but she did it anyway because she believed it was the right thing to do.

He was determined
Even though h
Published May 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about On the Way Back, please sign up.
J Book 2 is now on Amazon - published date May 7th, another version May 11th

Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

This continues after the devastating news in book 1,we actually went back a bit as we got the H's POV at the time of the incident. The h had a long road to recovery after the trauma she experienced, I liked that the H never gave up on her. He didn't take the "divorce" as an opportunity to cheat but reiterated a million times that he loved his wife and wanted to be with her. I cried a lot at the beginning and was happy to see them recover and pick up the pieces of their lives. That
Gi's Spot Reviews

(This Review concerns BOTH books of the Retake Duet)

5 ‘ Here Comes The Sun’ Stars

Whoaaaaa… What a LIFE IMPACTFUL/ALTERING story!!! You know those books that mark your life and you will never forget?! This duet is exactly that for me! Retake Duet just gave my heart the most intense of workouts. It is so much more than a romance! Garrett and Shae’s beautiful story is ALL about the journey, the healing, the passion and most of all the UNMOVING LOVE!!!

I have to start by saying that I was going to se
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
2.5 stars!

Both book 1 and 2 are safe. Both are celibate during the separation.
I really don’t have anything else to say about it.
Macaela Conder
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: confirmed-safe
Phew. I cried through most of this book. So much pain. How about Garrett though?! I mean wow. She was it for him the minute he saw her. No other women. No ow drama. He never hesitated or backed away. Just waited til she was of age. Even in the hard times.... she was it for him. Absolute perfect hero.
Polly
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so amazing!!
Lanea Rose
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've honestly been waiting for this book to release. Is there an update?
Book Lovers  Down Under
Speechless

This book had my emotions going. Once I started I couldn’t put it down. Oops no housework done today. I loved both books in this duet. I loved how Garrett never gave up on Shaelyn. I hope you all enjoy these books as much as I have. Thank.
Astraycat
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an amazing experience to read this series! I was glad not to read it until the 2nd book was released. These two main characters were so great, esp H, he was so understanding that he had never given up on h. He suffered, too, but he had to be the strong one.

As for h, how heartbroken she must be, still, she faced the sadness and overcome it. Loved to read the love H and h had toward each other, and how supportive H was toward h.

Loved the great epilogue!

P.S. No worries, they were faithful tow
Fiona Fog
To say I was excited going in is a huge under statement. The emotional investment I had in Garret and Shaelyn from book one left me anxious as to how this would play out. And Ella has totally blown this out of the water. Expect to cry and when I say cry I mean UGLY CRY.

When they lost their child Melody all I could think of was the absolute agony one must experience doing so. Knowing you had to deliver your baby and she was already gone would have totally shattered anyone.

Watching it happen in
Leslie A.
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waited so long for this!!!!

What a beautiful ending to Garrett and Shaelyn's story. I was crying within the first few minutes. I wasn't sure what the climax was going to be... I thought of a couple scenarios including some drama Jewel, a possible death, among other things. I was not expecting what it actually was and it brought back some many memories and emotions from that time. I was sobbing on my front porch as I was reading through Shaelyn's account of events. It was definitely worth the wait
Christy
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before continuing...this is not a stand alone. This is the conclusion of the story that began in On the Way Down

I’ve read Ella Fox’s other books and really like them. This duet is something special. It’s not what I was expecting. The story is so much more...it’s a love story, no doubt...an epic one but it also captures a moment in time that for many of us is still incredibly vivid. It’s a journey and I loved it. I’m also so very glad I waited to read it when both parts were out! This is, in my m
Sian Bulpin
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow.

This is the 2nd book in the series and omg it's a rollercoaster.
A rollercoaster of emotions that I didn't think was possible.
Absolutely fabulous read.
Shaelyn and Garrett story is amazing with a few twists in it. But the way it ended was the best.
If you know she or he is the one you never give up.
Thanks Ella for this wonderful story.
Wendy Livingstone
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second and concluding past of Shaelyn and Garrett’s wonderful story. This is a beautifully written flawless story which is an emotional coaster ride from beginning to end, and is the perfect ending for this duet. I was intrigued and captivated throughout, and I look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all readers.
Lindsey Kramer
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely worth the wait. After I read the first book, I absolutely couldn’t wait to read this one. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down.
Shelly Nutley
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful

This is the conclusion of Shae & Garretts love story!!! And how they deal with all the emotions and twist and turns of what life has thrown at them!!

Wow Ella Fox has beautifully written and dealt with some powerful situations within this story and has done a wonderful job of dealing with the emotions in a very tactful way
Casey
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning book

This book is probably Ellas best work. I don’t say that lightly. It is beautifully written and has a unique storyline.

If you’re on the fence about this book, make the plunge.
Jennifer Pierson
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the Way Back is the 2nd book in the Retake Duet, which means it's the conclusion, so it's very clear that YOU MUST READ On the Way Down (Book 1) FIRST! See, the amazing Ella Fox tried to kill me & whoever else read the first book on quite the cliffy, it was severe enough that I was dying inside, so this story picked back up from there. I'm not going into details because 1. I'm not into spoiler douchery. 2. Ms. Fox was so sweet at the beginning of the book about giving big things away. And ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Ella Fox is back with the second book in the Retake Duet and OMG y'all! I've been patiently waiting for this release... keeping Shaelyn and Garrett in the back of my mind since I read On The Way Down and IT. IS. HERE. Finally, the conclusion to their love story is here and I devoured allllllll the words they gave and then wanted to go back and start it all over again.

On The Way Back was everything I needed it to be for Shaelyn and Garrett. After that heartbreaking end in book one, I kn
Francoise
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is the conclusion of Shaelyn and Garrett's love story that started in “On the Way Down”. Together, they had everything, but somehow it all went terribly wrong. Heartbreak might be the perfect reset button for their lives, a chance for a new beginning.

Shaelyn is struggling with feelings of guilt, she believes she is responsible for her baby’s death. She refuses Garrett’s help and won’t allow herself to feel their love for each other. She tries to escape her pain, lock her emotions up an
PP's Bookshelf
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Fox made the wait for the conclusion of the Retake duet totally worth it. She dug deep into the characters and made me feel every emotion. It is a must read if you love to read about healing power of true love.

It is hard to talk about the story line in case you have not read the first book. Garrett and Shaelyn have suffered a great loss. And it broke Shaelyn. And after months of struggle when she was getting her pieces back together, another larger than life tragedy struck her. Can she ove
Debbie Hanson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Get ready for an earth shattering ride

On The Way Back
Retake Duet #2
Ella Fox
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well that was huge… please read book one in this series before you start this one. Trust me your gonna be thankful. If you have read On The Way Down you’ll know how explosive it was, this one was even more… With one hurdle over another, the love life of Garrett and Shaelyn is anything but normal. This story is filled with tears, gasps and more surprises than book one.

I’m not really sure how to put it into a rev
Sunny Shelly Reads
I have been waiting not-so-patiently for the conclusion of Shae and Garrett’s story. And it was a beautiful reunion. This is a heartbreaking story of a married couple facing one of the hardest things a husband and wife can face. But rather than deal with it together. Shaelynn breaks down and shuts Garrett out.

Not willing to give up on his wife or their life, Garrett fights with everything he has. When Shae eventually has a breakthrough, he’s there supporting her every step of the way... Even whe
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This is a 2-part story so be prepared to get both parts. The story has pain, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is the conclusion of Shaelyn and Garrett’s story. The love is there but these two have struggles and heartbreak. Will they be able to overcome those struggles to be together or should they just walk away? Some couples can only take some much before they breakdown is there hope that this couple can overcome all the pain to come back togethe
Debbie Hanson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On The Way Back
Retake Duet #2
Ella Fox
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I’m not really sure how to put it into a review without giving anything away so I’ll kee
Heather Fudge
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On The Way Back is the second book in the Retake Duet. Book One is On The Way Down and should be read prior to this one.
I adore this book and it was definitely worth the wait. I felt every emotion during the conclusion of Shae and Garrett's journey to happily ever after. Their story was one of deep love that is tested in one of the worst ways a couple can imagine. It's a story about never giving up on the one you love most in this world. It makes you believe that even in the worst of times as a
Shelly Reynolds
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I choose you. I choose life. I choose love - our love - and I'm going to fight my way back to you."

Oh my heart!! What a wonderful, beautiful, heart-wrenching story! My heart was breaking for both Garrett and Shaelyn. What a horrible thing to have to experience together, only to have it rip you apart.

After going through a life -altering and soul-crushing event, Shaelyn struggles to recover -to continue to live her life. Feeling that she is now only a shadow of the woman Garrett married, she make
Cindy
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about Garret and Shae? MUST READ THAT'S WHAT!

Garret and Shae's journey took me through ever emotion the human body can possibly feel. This book wrung my body dry from all the tears I shed, but it also gave me a renewed sense of living my life to its fullest.

Ella Fox wrote a heartbreakingly beautiful story, that I am so glad I was blessed with the opportunity to read. It hit very close to home on a few different topics, that I won't go in to detail about because I think that every
Kari Hansen
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett and Shaelyn have suffered a terrible loss however they are dealing with it very differently. Garrett wants to try and heal together while Shaelyn has closed herself off and believes that they can no longer be together.

Although they may be separated by distance Garrett is determined to show Shaelyn that they belong together, and his patience and understanding will both make you swoon and break your heart.

This is a beautiful story of a love too deep to be denied despite the tragedy that ro
Konny
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
On the Way Back by Ella Fox is book two in the Retake Duet. On the Way Back is not a standalone. I strongly recommend to read the books in order. The previous bookn is On the Way Down.
The story picks up where On the Way Down was left off.
Shaelyn and Garrett are broken up. They had a horrible tragedy to endure. While one of them was ready to fight, the other one gave up.
Now is the time for healing the wounds.
On the Way Back is the conclusion to a great love story. I loved the first book in the d
Tricia Carter Sheehan
My review for ON THE WAY BACK

I absolutely loved this duet on Garrett and Shaelyn!!! There friendship in the beginning was adorable and when he fell for her but waited till she was of age before starting anything together was the most cutest thing I had read. There chemistry together was pure and raw and the way he stood by her when her selfish of a bitch mother Jewel was abusive was commendable. He loved her totally and completely from the start and he is one sexy man with a dirty mouth and I l
« previous 1 3 next »
USA Today Bestselling Author Ella Fox has learned a bunch of stuff along the way but the most important of all those things is that anything is possible when you try. In 2012 she took a big leap of faith and published her first book, Broken Hart. Since then she's written fifteen more full-length books and several novellas-- and every one is a reminder that you can live your dream as long as you wo ...more

Retake Duet (2 books)
  • On the Way Down (Retake Duet, #1)