Start by marking “Vagina Warriors” as Want to Read:
Vagina Warriors

Vagina Warriors

Vagina Warriors is a unique collaboration between playwright/performer-activist/V-Day founder Eve Ensler, creator of the international hit The Vagina Monologues, and world-renowned photographer Joyce Tenneson, whose book Wise Women changed the way people look at women and aging.

Every year from February to March, local activists raise awareness and funds through benefit pr
Published February 1st 2005 by Bulfinch Press

To ask other readers questions about Vagina Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vagina Warriors

Start your review of Vagina Warriors
~The Bookish Redhead~
First off, I have to state, despite this book being published around thirteen years ago, all of the content still stands today. This book, in a word, is inspirational, and I must say, it has humbled me.
A vagina warrior is a woman or a man,working to end violence towards women and girls. Experiencing an act of violence at the hands of a man, is terrifying. Time kind of slows down, and you end up thinking, "Am I actually going to get out of this alive?" Imagining living that ordeal day in, day out
Sherri
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
The portraits are artfully done, and it was nice to see the ways the V-Day movement was making strides towards intersectionality in the early-aughts. As much as I enjoyed seeing the brief quotes from international activists and campus organizers about V-Day, I was supremely frustrated by the number of celebrity photos that went without similar testimony. I mean, I think I get the desire not to make the celeb voices more prominent than the activists', but once you've decided to make those celebs ...more
Danyel
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful photojournal!!! The images are breath taking and the women are strong, smart and courageous. It awakened the Vagina Warrior inside of me!!!!
Mary
Nov 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-reading
I have been blessed to have been able to be involved with the Vagina Monologues in my area and when I saw that there was a book such as this one with Eve Ensler's essays and photographs by Joyce Tenneson, I knew that I would have to check it out.

I particularly love the photography which showcases all types of women, strong women from all over the world. Beautiful, strong women. There are essays from some of the women and interspersed are some of Eve Ensler's essays from the Vagina Monologues.

Che
Emily
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is such a powerful book. I am so honored to be a part of this wonderful group of people.
Gabrielle Carolina
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Vagina Warriors was intersectional before it was in, and brought you the faces of mighty modern-day feminists before the #ThisIsWhatAFeministLooksLike campaign.

Well done!
Iva
Feb 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Owen and Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship
  • За всё надо платить (Каменская, #10)
  • Светлый лик смерти (Каменская, #15)
  • Иллюзия греха (Каменская, #14)
  • Не мешайте палачу (Каменская, #12)
  • Воющие псы одиночества. В 2х томах. Том 2  (Каменская #26.2)
  • Friars Club Encyclopedia of Jokes: Revised and Updated! Over 2,000 One-Liners, Straight Lines, Stories, Gags, Roasts, Ribs, and Put-Downs
  • Игра на чужом поле (Каменская, #2)
  • Стечение обстоятельств (Каменская #1-2)
  • Чужая маска (Каменская, #11)
  • Мужские игры (Каменская, #17)
  • Когда боги смеются (Каменская, #22)
  • Городской тариф (Каменская, #27)
  • Чёрный список (Каменская, #8)
  • Соавторы (Каменская, #25)
  • Шестёрки умирают первыми (Каменская, #6)
  • Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak: by Writers Famous and Obscure
  • I'm Not Hanging Noodles on Your Ears and Other Intriguing Idioms From Around the World
Eve Ensler is an internationally bestselling author and an award-winning playwright whose works include The Vagina Monologues, The Good Body, Insecure at Last, and I Am an Emotional Creature, since adapted for the stage as Emotional Creature. She is the founder of V-Day, the global movement to end violence against women and girls, which has raised more than $90 million for local groups and activis ...more

News & Interviews

“[...] se uma coisa não é nomeada, essa coisa não é vista e não existe.” 0 likes