Start by marking “Midas (The Midas Flesh)” as Want to Read:
Midas (The Midas Flesh)

Midas (The Midas Flesh)

The acclaimed team behind the Eisner Award-winning Adventure Time comic books, New York Times best-selling author Ryan North (Squirrel Girl) and beloved illustrators Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb (One Day a Dot: The Story of You, The Universe, and Everything), combine forces once again for an original sci-fi space comedy unlike the universe has ever seen! Space captain J ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2019 by BOOM! - BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Midas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midas

Paul Decker
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book as an eARC from BOOM! Studios via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

I hadn't heard of this series before. When it was first released, it was titled Midas Flesh. This book compiles all of the issues from the series into a big, over 200 page collection. I read the whole story in just a few sittings.

I love books that have high concepts that really play into their unique stories. The basic premise of
USOM
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgalley. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

In Midas there are all sorts of mysteries happening - why are they on Earth, what is a T-Rex doing in space? But you quickly become accustomed to the world and you are in for a story about ethics. Each of these characters have backstories, scars from the brutal war against the Federation. It's a story about the ethics of war.

full review: https://utopia-state-of-mind.com/revi...
Tyler
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good! Ryan North's writing is always hilarious, and the story concept is really interesting. It's a beautiful book too, which is why I couldn't resist picking up the graphic novel.

5/5!
Maia
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Ryan North is a clever and inventive writer which a knack for pushing a fictional situation to the extremes of logical absurdity. In this book he mixes science fiction and Greek myths, specifically the myth of King Midas's foolish wish that everything he touch turns to gold. In this story, the touch was so powerful that every single part of planet Earth has been converted, killing the whole planet in the time of the ancient Greeks. Meanwhile, multiple other planets with intelligent life have dev ...more
Patrick Book
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Fascinating premise delivered on with wit, research, a whole lot of thought and scientific reasoning, and plenty of fun and adventure for all ages.
Adam Preece
Liv
May 16, 2019
Elin (annotatedpaperbacks)
i received an earc of this graphic novel from the publisher, via netgalley. this does not influence my thoughts and opinions in the book.

i ended up not finishing this. i got about halfway through, but decided to put it down. boom! studios, and especially their boom! box imprint, is one of my favourite comic publishers, and i love ryan north's writing and humour, but this one just wasn't a match for me. i loved the concept and was very exited to get to read it, but sci-fi has never been my thing.
Kate Stericker
May 31, 2019
Jade
Jun 09, 2019
Heather
May 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: for-review
Unfortunately, I lost interest in this title fairly early on. I wasn't interested in the characters and even though the twist on the Midas mythology was interesting, it wasn't enough to keep me interested. I felt like I was dropped in the middle of the story, that I should already know who these main characters are. But then the story provides a flashback for one of the characters, so that must not be the case.

The art style was nice. I found it detailed and cute, meeting my expectations for a gr
Rachael Conrad
Rachel Hock
Jun 14, 2019
J
Jun 17, 2019
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a choose-yo