Start by marking “Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)” as Want to Read:
Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)

Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name #5)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  999 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Forget about counterterrorism, organized crime, and money laundering. Female FBI agent Summer Mulcahey is about to enter the terrifying world of ballet classes, science tutorials, and carpooling.

After working six months straight on a hideous kidnapping case, all Summer Mulcahey wants is a serious dose of sun, surf, and sangria. Instead she gets her craziest assignment yet-
Published June 1st 2004 by Dell (first published January 1st 2004)

alexis
I didn't like the other books that I've read from this series, so I had very low expectations going in. I'm rlly glad that I ended up being good. And thank GOD I have finally found an enjoyable spy romance book (the rating I gave this might be a tad bit inflated because of that but at this point I don't care).

The main couple (Summer & Gabe) was good, but they're not the reason why this gets 4 stars. The O'Conor/Winslow family is the reason. I loved cara & tate, and I adored the kids (So
Kara Jorges
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this book that some heavy editing wouldn’t fix. While filled with likeable characters and done in a decent prose, as a whole, the book was disjointed and dragged on, after a clumsy stumble. The story begins when FBI agent Summer Mulcahey starts her new assignment posing as a nanny to keep a junior prosecutor and her two children safe. She meets Navy SEAL Gabe Morgan when he strolls naked out of her shower, victim of a prank by Summer’s charges, Audra and ...more
Marian
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of chick lit, light suspense and the Stephanie Plum novels
As a fan of light chick lit and romantic suspense, I loved this book. It had my favorite elements in it. The suspense plot was good and blended well with the romantic side of the story.

To be honest though, I didn't care too much about the romantic relationship of the main character, Summer. I actually liked the secondary relationship more. Cara and Tate's story was better in terms of the romantic ideal. They made you want to root for them at all cost and they're the reason why I sped through th
Nickey Vu
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely fell in love with this book the moment i read it. ONE OF MY FAVORITE. i was inspired to become a FBI agent like Summer after the book was done. HOT SEXY ROMANCE, thrills, and fun!

i was SO SERIOUS for 2 years til one day, i decided to look up the requirements to be an FBI and i gave up hope LOL but everyone knew i wanted to become one, esp my first love. i remember like it was yesterday in 9th grade in hands-on technology class. we would get 15 mins of book reading before the start o
Jessi
Oct 26, 2010 rated it liked it
The super SEALS are back, this time with Gabe as an undercover gardener, asked by his best friend to protect an assistant DA. This particular friend is a Senator and the DA is his fiancee. It seems the DA has been receiving threatening letters and Senator Tate wants to make sure that his new family is safe.
Meanwhile, the DA has contacted the FBI and they send in Summer as a replacement nanny for the DAs two daughters. Summer and Gabe soon realize they are on the same team and that they have to
Charli
May 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
I have to say, another winner by Christina Skye! While I have to admit, I'm reading the books completely out of order, I am thoroughly enjoying the series. I just wish I knew exactly what books are in the series. I know I have 2 of them, Nanny & Baby, and I have Princess on the way.

When Summer Mulcahey is assigned to protect San Francisco's youngest and female assistant DA and her children, she is not aware that Navy Seal Gabe Morgan is also on protection detail there at the personal request
Anita
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was on track for 5 stars for 3/4 of the way through. Then, the whole plot just took a turn into the realm of "are you kidding me?". I really enjoy the romance with mystery plot. The relationships between Summer and the children, sulky teen Audra and bouncy 9 year old Sophy, were great to see develop. Summer and Gabe were wonderful as two alphas battling for control, both of the situation and each other.

Summer is an FBI agent assigned to protect a San Francisco Assistant District Attorn
Jaime Atkins
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This is the first book I have read by this author and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The characters were fun and the story was exciting. I liked the intertwining story lines with Cara and the Senator alongside Summer and Gabe. The one thing I really liked was that the story did not end abrubtly as soon as the mystery was solved. Each individual story was wrapped up nicely with plenty of pages. That was a nice change. My library only has the next in this series, but I will be hunting out mor ...more
July
Jan 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
I would say this book is more a suspense novel more than a romance novel. The romance is secondary. There is a pretty good suspense story. Summer is a FBI agent, she is under cover for District Attorney Cara's Children as a Nanny. Cara is being threatened by a goon who is going to trial. Cara is engaged to be married to Senator Tate. So the first romance is about these two (Cara and Tate). The second romance is about Summer FBI agent and Gabe Navy Seal. But I think the story is more about the my ...more
Linda
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The more I read of Christina Skye's books, the more I love them. This is a story of a FBI agent and a Navy SEAL doing what they were trained to do. It was during their job that they put away all of their ill conceived ideas of love and marriage. They had to protect a U.S. Senator who was in love with a Assistant Attorney General who had been threatened by a mobster who was appealing his conviction. It took all of their skills to uncover the plots and that is what made this book good.
Robin Mayerhoefer / October Woman
I read this book back in 2010, and just realized today it was still marked as to read on my Goodreads shelf. The only note I made about it at the time was:

I really enjoyed this. I gather there are a lot of romances now about CIA agents and Navy SEALS and the like, sort of a new mini genre, but this is the first one I've read. I picked up a couple more books in the series though and plan to continue it, as well as keep an eye out for other books by the author.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Another good story in the series... yes Izzy is in this one too. Yummy Hot SEALs and a computer techno wizard, add a strong heroine and you have the makings on of a great story. Tight, tense, twists all are found in this book. I never saw the 'baddie' coming, in this one. It was a real surprise. Good job!
Kelly
Jan 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2006, bc2006, romance
This is the first book I've read by Skye, and I'll be looking for more by her. Quite a few books I've read recently seem to have two different, but connected romances within the story. It keeps the storyline moving and adds more meat to the plot. This one is no exception and there is an additional mystery that's solution was quite unexpected
Karalee
This was a fun, chick-lit book involving an FBI agent that goes undercover as a nanny while investigating threats against the mom (a district attorney). The characters were interesting and the book was a very fast read but there were some plot holes and jumps that were not quite realistic. I would definitely read another book by this author, though, because it was a quick, fun read.
Linda
Sep 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was a good book with lots of action and romance. It actually sucked me in pretty good towards the end and I didn't put it down when I should have so I could get some sleep, always the sign of a good book.
Cris
Really works better as an action-adventure with a romantic storyline than a romance. About half-way through the book splits focus into a second couple. Lots of minor plot threads go nowhere or are left hanging. Contains several moderatly explict sex scenes.
Brianna
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
pretty good. now i can see why this woman was so stubborn. she felt like she had the need to prove herself to the men that she was a good agent. I really really like Gabe at the end for what he did to her, but he made up for it in the end.
Beth F.
Jul 08, 2008 rated it did not like it
I didn’t like this book. I have so many complaints with this book that I don’t even feel like listing them all. But the top reasons this book was Made of FAIL are:

--poor character development
--ferrets
--trying to cram too much plot into a romance paperback book.

Blech.
Alexandra Harkins
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love this story, eventhough I feel that there isn't much empahsis put on the romance Between Summer and Gabe. I feel in love with Sophy and Audra from the moment they were introduced! Christina Skye is an amazing writer!
Jamie Lee
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazzing
Michelle
Sep 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Great plot and I was really surprised to discover who the villain was. I plan to read other books written by this author.
Sheri
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I wish it had more action... but overall very good
Ruth Ellen
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Great book and funny.
Shelley
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Allison
Dec 06, 2010 rated it liked it
I would recommend this series as a read-alike for Suzanne Brockmann, but with a slightly lighter and more humorous tone.
Jul 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Cute. Not the best book I have ever read, but it was very enjoyable. And I love that Izzy was back!
Tammy
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Uhg. This book. I thought I liked the last one of her books that I read. But this was just-- Uhg.
Sara
Jan 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
An FBI agent hooks up with a Navy SEAL to protect a family from a criminal, only to find they're madly in love with one another.
Kristen Roberts
Feb 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: readbefore
Love this series.. the kick butt tough girl with some hot romance... and my favorite.. solving some crime or series of crimes - keeping you on your toes.
Beth Barany
I'm enjoying this! Fun!
  • On the Loose (Steele Street, #7)
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • No Safe Place
  • When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7; Goddard Project, #2)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye

SEAL and Code Name (9 books)
  • 2000 Kisses (SEAL and Code Name, #1)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6)
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1)
  • What to Say Next
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Map of the Heart
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • The Memory Book
  • Holding Up the Universe
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Tear Us Apart (Never, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden (Old West #1)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
  • Words in Deep Blue
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Any Dream Will Do
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beard Made Me Do It (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #5)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)