Start by marking “The I Hate Republicans Reader: Why the GOP Is Totally Wrong About Everything” as Want to Read:
The I Hate Republicans Reader: Why the GOP Is Totally Wrong About Everything

The I Hate Republicans Reader: Why the GOP Is Totally Wrong About Everything

3.28  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Few have the time or constitution to be able to remember the details of every horror story about how the Republican Party has repeatedly attempted to hijack the American dream for its own selfish reasons. For those who want to be sure they're not left sputtering in an argument they know they should win hands-down, The I Hate Republicans Reader—via a wide range of lively an ...more
Published October 27th 2003 by Da Capo Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The I Hate Republicans Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The I Hate Republicans Reader

Kate
Mar 26, 2007 marked it as to-read
Shelves: gift, own, nonfiction
My sister gave it to me. She was in college. In San Francisco.
Janet
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just for the record, this was given to me in jest by Republican family members...I am the black sheep...I'm perfectly comfortable with my role though!
Angel
Jun 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Angel by: borrowed from public library
This book is not bad. The reason I gave it the two stars is because it is just ok. It is a collection of essays and other materials. Unfortunately, the people who should be reading, i.e. those who actually need to get a clue about how bad the Republicans have been for the country, those people probably would never pick up this book. So the book becomes an example of preaching to the choir. For me, I had already read a number of the pieces in their original places, or I knew the information alrea ...more
Sep 16, 2009 rated it liked it
I don't hate republicans. I just wish the nutcases giving the party a bad name would calm down and remember that one of the founding principles of the country was the concept of separation of church and state. Not to mention some other things that they could stand to be enlightened on...but I digress.

There is nothing in this book that you haven't heard or thought already, pretty much follows the title with some humor intertwined. Was nice to read during the dark years of Bush's reign.
Peacegal
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Like many compendiums of political writing, this title has highs and lows. Since this book was published mainly as a critique of George W. Bush, a great deal of it is dated. More timeless material by the likes of Hunter S. Thompson will appeal to modern readers.
Kaylee Venosky
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't stop laughing. I'd get so mad and write the most offensive marginalia in the history of the world and then one of the authors would say something snarky and I'd literally write "lol" next to the comment BECAUSE I WAS ACTUALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD.

when does that happen?
Rebecca
Mar 23, 2008 rated it liked it
There's some good stuff in here. But I don't really hate Republicans...most of them just repulse me.
Jack D. Riner
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is a rehash of other works. However, it brought back some interesting Reagan and Bush Sr. quotes.
Angela
Jun 05, 2008
David
Jan 20, 2008
Shems
rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2017