Start by marking “What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)” as Want to Read:
What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)

What Do You See?

(What Do You #1)

Claire
I believed I had my future all planned out.
College, track, friends, I mean, why wouldn't I? I was a nineteen-year-old girl in college with a dream of being an Olympian that wasn't too far within reach as a college top track star.
A jeep I could roll the windows down while the radio blasted as I sang off-key.
My own dorm that gifted me privacy from my two triplet
Published July 21st 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about What Do You See?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Do You See?

Start your review of What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Fantastic book about Love, Hope and Family!

This was a terrific book which I enjoyed from start to finish. I could tell right form the first few pages that I was going to like the story and I wasn’t disappointed. The two main characters characters were fully developed and supporting characters, mostly family members and a few friends fit perfectly into the story and worked well with the subject matter.

The story was original, unpredictable and it was at times heavy subject matter. There were a
Allyson
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and it was amazing. I had all kinds of emotions through this story and it made me stop and think " how many simple things do I take for grated". The writing was good, the characters were good, the brothers were amazing. The parents in this story were amazing and only wanted the best for their kids. Great great job on this story and thank you so much for the ARC and letting me read this !!!
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019, arcs
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you K. Dosal McLendon! I absolutely adored it!!

5 it's ok to not be ok stars

When your world changes direction all you can do is hold on.
Hold on?
Shit, more like grab any ropes, chains and strings you can find to tie yourself to, because this life is throwing me some major loops on one long-ass roller-coaster ride.
The change may not be for the good, or what we would expect, but all we can do is hope for the best.
You could also
Meredith
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This debut novel by K. Dosal McLendon was absolutely wonderful! What Do You See? is a beautiful love story, but even more than that... It's a story of loss and heartache. It's a story of strength and never giving up. It's a story of finding yourself again after the darkness tries to take over. It's a story that will tug at your heart strings from the very beginning.

What Do You See? was a breathtakingly epic story about love, loss and healing that rocked me to my core. The author's words and
ABookLover73
Five stars for Clarie and Jake !

Hmm...

Again I gave the book five stars ?!

Yes, I did and this book deserves every single star!

"What do you see?" is heartbreaking New Adult Romance story about two young college student who falls in love and shows us that no matter what happens in life their love will never disappear.

The relationship between Clarie and Jake it's from the beginning, something you won't find in any other book.

What I love the most in this book is Jake's unconditionally love for Clarie
Nicole Fiorina
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-shelf

It's easy for us to take the small things for granted, but What Do You See? is a reminder to open your eyes and look at the beautiful world around you.

It's actually hard for me to write this review because it's unlike everything else I've read. If you are looking for a shallow storyline with no life lesson, a bunch of teenage sex, and unrealistic twists and turns, then this isn't the story for you. This story is refreshing and will WAKE YOU THE F UP. K. Dosal McLendon's debut novel was a huge
Tina
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Athena
4 STARS

What a great debut novel by K. Dosal McLendon! A truly captivating story with a happily ever after!

My heart broke for Claire and her struggle to decide what outcome she wants for her future. I fell in love with Jake and how caring and supportive he was to Claire. These two had met under unusual circumstances, but somehow developed into so much more.

This is a MUST read romance that will give you all the feels! I highly recommend picking up this book! What Do You See? by K. Dosal McLendon
Lym Cruz
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHAT DO YOU SEE?

This is a beautiful story about finding love in the face of adversity.

Clair suffered an accident that left scars beyond what the eye could see. Although she had a wonderful support system, some things she had to overcome on her own. But that doesn't mean she did it alone. We then met Jake, the hot soccer player, who fell instantly for Clair on their first encounter. And what an encounter it was. She tried to push him away but eventually, she caved. Together the pair embarked
Jasmine
I believe our eyes are the entrance of our souls. If you took away my hearing, I may not hear the birds sing, but I could see the beauty of them. I might not be able to hear you speak, but I could see your expressions, which say more than a thousand words.
Now, if you took my voice...I could still write an "I love you." I could still laugh with my eyes, and speak through my actions instead of my words. But without my sight, who will I be?

Ugh. It kills me to say this, but as much as I really,
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What Do You See? Is a book that will stick with me for a while. It is so different from anything that I have ever read before and I loved every single moment of it. For a debut novel this story is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. It literally makes you open your eyes and think about the world around you.

Claire had everything going for her. She was a student, track star and an Olympic hopeful. Until one single accident forever changed her life. She is on a downward spiral and shutting out those who are
HoplessRomanceReadaholic
*ebook gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review

2.5

Seeing this book on my fellow bookstagrammer’s feed and their enthusiasm about it I really wanted to read it. Especially because I love young couples and sports romance and emotional reads.

So to say I had some high expectations would be understatement. But there were more things that I didn’t like than I did.

The beginning was promising but it all kinda shattered with the fact that it was insta love. I believe in instant
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
What Do You see? is K. Dosa l Mclendon's debut release and it is a great start to what I predict will be a wonderful career. She managed to expertly weave several of my favorites into one 5-star read. Brothers best friend romance? Check. Funny sibling and family banter? Check. Protective older brothers? Check, even if it's only by 10 minutes. Honest, raw emotions? Check. These Characters were so fun to read about and get to know. They were real human characters who pulled me into their lives and ...more
Bozena
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm currently in a fog of positive emotions . This debut book by K. Dosal McLendon is such an incredible beautiful and heartbreaking story surrounded by so much love, loss and inspiring feelings at the same time, that it draw you into their world and doesn't let go for a long time afterwards.
The topic of this book is a terrible stroke of fate, an accident, that change the life of the whole family. But the amazing way this story is written, makes it not only sad and heartbreaking, but also
J. Marie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
K. Dosal McLendon's novel is a breath of fresh air.

What Do You See is an emotionally driven and charming tale of hope, finding love when you least expect it, and leaning to deal with the curves life has kicked your way. It's about knowing that it's okay to let someone be strong for you on days when you can't be strong yourself.

I love that Jake and Claire are so realistic and believable. Their relationship is priceless and although its not perfect, it's perfect for them. It's been a while since
Rose
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Debut Novel What Do You See is beautiful.

Most of the books I’ve read recently have had the rough, tough, rude, brooding Alpha.
Jake though is not like that. He is ALLLLLLLLL MAN. But you see a softer side of him that sometimes those other males lack or you don’t see until much later. The support and love that Jake gives willing is beautiful and breathtaking. It reminded me so much of my own Love.

This book hurts. It hurts because you see the struggle of Claire; physically and mentally. You see
Irma
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

As soon as I started reading, my heart was already breaking! This story! The feels! The characters, the way this author writes, the story, everything! I was mesmerized. It felt completely and utterly authentic, painstakingly balanced between tragic and harrowing. I read it in one sitting. I barely took a breath.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
I loved What Do You See?. It's a tell unique story. Claire had her dreams close to being achieved then an accident happened that changed to course of her life. She battling a illness that causes symptoms that I have never seen tackled in book. She's strong character. She likes to push people away and pretend she fine but Jake really sees her. Jake was a great character too. He's sweet and nice. He's patient with Claire and gives her just what she needs. This story had me hooked. It's a heart ...more
Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
Touching book that treats love, losses and hope
*e-book generously gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review*

“I have nothing without you
All my dreams and all the lights mean
Nothing […] if I can’t have you.”

Without You – Lana del Rey

I was immensely thrilled when the author offered to send me the e-book for a review! She was really kind and I appreciate it deeply.

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Claire lost the future that she had planned out
Carol | tilthelastpage
What Do You See is an emotional debut romance between two young adults facing an upsetting ordeal due to a misfortunate accident. Through ups and downs of dealing with uncertainty, they form a strong and supportive bond unlike any other. This is a really heartwarming story about love, family, and life in general, and hope beyond any turmoil life throws our ways.

This story deals with a heavy subject, yet the author managed to tell it as delicately as possible. Claire and Jake's relationship is
Paula White
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed this one. Yes it had insta love and sex scenes off the page but the story was great. Loved Claire, Jake, Liam and Cole. Claire is a triplet with Cole and Liam - the sibling love was big amongst these three. Plus Cole’s book is next and I can not wait.
Claire was going through something life altering when she meets Jake. She senses an immediate connection with him - she senses him like she does her brothers. Jake was a soccer star - but there was no other woman drama and no
Melissa Gloria - Meli’s Books and Coffee
Wow! This book literally touched my heart. I couldn't put it down. There are so many emotions with this book. It's raw and make you appreciate life that can change in an instant. Claire is dealt with bad luck after an accident changed her life drastically. Jake is the hot alpha soccer captain who becomes enamored by Claire at first sight. Claire rely's on her brothers to help her with her day to day life and with Jake who doesn't give up on wanting to be a part of her life. This book is well ...more
Lexi
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claire believed she had her future all planned out. Until the one night that changed everything. Now she is seeing things from a new perspective thanks to one charming soccer player and the support of her loving family.

Jake has lived a life never truly paying attention to the world around him. All he needed was his dad, grams, and his soccer ball. That is until he met the woman who has changed the way he looks at the world forever.

This book has me all in the feels! Jake was literally the
KB Cinder
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic debut from K! She beautifully tackled complex issues and spun a beautiful web of a romance. I can't wait to see what else she comes out with!
Xanthi patera
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emily ~ breatheeasybooks
What do you see?
Such a seemingly simple, straight forward question, but it can hold so much power. It's so easy for us to look around and take everything at face value, especially if our surroundings are something we see every day. But K. Dosal McLendon takes this unassuming question and uses it to remind us to not take the simple things in life for granted with a beautiful story about strength and perseverance, pain and love.

Claire's story is about surviving in a difficult situation, finding
Amber  (caffeinated_books)
Major Cuteness!

What Do You See? follows the story of Claire who had everything she ever wanted, every dream she wanted come true, tragically ripped away from her in the blink of an eye.

Jake makes a hard appearance into her life (literally) and everything Claire thought she didn’t want or couldn’t have might only be right in front of her, if only she would just open her eyes and see it.

This story combines heartbreak, love, loyalty, and pain and each page has you wanting to know more.

Can’t
Mia
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Emotional. Raw. Real.

Oh My Goodness Y’all!! This has been one of the most intense emotional rollercoaster’s rides I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing!!
‘What Do You See?’ is K. Dosal McLendon’s debut novel and let me tell y’all, she is going to have a long career with her talent and the way she brings words to life! I never ever expected in my life to feel so many emotions thanks to a book, especially not a debut novel!!

ALL. THE. FEELS.
For real. I cannot get over how shockingly
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs

The blurb for this book hooked me instantly. There was something so enticing about the unknown for the main character Claire and her medical issue. I was pleasantly surprised that this was the author’s debut novel!

I really enjoyed the story line and the build up of emotions and what if’s. It was heartbreaking and emotional. Claire’s character was flawed and imperfect and I loved her so much more for it. Her brothers while comedic and fun, were also so supportive and her rocks. Her
Book Catharsis
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
In exchange for my honest opinion and review I was provided with a free ARC of this book

I am stunned that this is K. Dosal McLendon’s first novel. It’s so impressive that she created this work of art on her debut. Sure, it needs some additional editing. There were several grammatical and spelling errors. There were also a few storyline errors, such as Jake’s dad starting as a senator and then being referred to as the governor instead. Really though, the editing wasn’t even close to the worst I’
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect, #1)
  • Rejected (Imperfectly Perfect, #2)
  • The Best Moments (The Amherst Sinners #2)
  • The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
K. Dosal Mclendon is a New Adult, Contemporary Romance writer. She lives in the Gulf coast with her amazing husband and their two energetic boys. When she is not writing or reading, she enjoys going to the beach and looking for new adventures.

What Do You (2 books)
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
“Everything in life is a 50/50—either it’ll be okay, or it can go to hell.” 0 likes