Start by marking “Close Match” as Want to Read:
Close Match

Close Match

Evangeline Brogan grew up Broadway royalty. She commands the stage until one night, everything changes. With lifelong secrets revealed, she’s determined to find out the full story.

Even if that means leaving everything she knows behind.

Arrogant and protective, Montague Parrish needs to be strong enough for his mother and stepfather as a family crisis comes to a head. He’s
ebook
Published October 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Close Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Close Match

Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 💖💖💔💖🌟🌟🌟🌟s ❗

I was so strongly surprised with this new release of Tracey Jerald. Her writing has evolved and is remarkable as in the Amaryllis series, yet the maturity is highly perceived.
In all her books she manages adeptly to tie together the romance with very serious issues that our society faces.

Linnie and Monty’s journey was harsh, painful and heartbreaking, encountered with alcohol addiction, loss, ptsd and cancer. It’s a story of struggle, heal, strength, love and hope.
Close Match was
Tracey Jerald
Aug 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: complete

broadway, aristocrats, wealthy, cowboy, drama, secondchances, ku

broadway, aristocrats, wealthy, cowboy, drama, secondchances ku authorsofinstagram

Gina Marie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tracey-jerald
Break out the tissues, because you definitely are going to want to ugly cry at some points when reading Close Match. Linnie and Monty both have lived through some very rough times, and both have struggled with their own self-worth. Their journey is sweet and painful; sometimes the joy and happiness you find is clearer because of the hurt and demons you have fought to get there.
Sue
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, the Amaryllis series is one of my all time favorite series ever. When it ended, I was worried that no future books would be able to live up to the very high expectations that I had after that series. I don’t know why I was worried because Close Match is amazing!! A fantastic read that will suck you in and take your emotions on a wild roller coaster ride. It is well written with characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. I loved this book.
Cindy Fong

Linnie and Monty are destined for a great love but t
Stacie
I was worried going in to this book. Close Match is the first non-Freeman Family story and I wasn't sure how I would do without my beloved family. As usual, my worries were unfounded. Close Match blew any and all expectations I had about this story out of the proverbial water. Linnie and Monty's story was beautiful and unexpected.

While I was expecting an amazing love story, I wasn't expecting it to be on as many levels as it turned out to be. I refuse to give spoilers as usual but I will say I
Ashley Gayhart-Hampton
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Close Match... Where to start? Okay firstly, I have to give this author major props. She can take a story- line such as Close Match and turn it into the most unimaginable cathartic experience of your life. Close Match came NO where near what I had drummed up in this head of mine. I know I can count on this author to bring such a wide array of emotion, which is what I prefer when I am residing in a different world, but jeez oh peeps Evangeline and Montague's story is on a whole'nother spectrum. T ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a HUGE fan of the brilliantly addictive, Tracey Jerald, that while I knew that I would love this story, I just didn't see what was coming which would try to destroy my heart! Close Match is one of those stories that will make the hardest heart, (like mine), thaw, then totally shred it as the angst levels were more than my tough self could handle, and I found myself bawling more than once, and I'm not talking about some eye leakage, nope, it's of the using a whole box of tissues, snot sl ...more
Kelly
Shelves: books-2-blog
Heartbreaking and heartwarming

I’ve been a fan of this author since book 1 of the Amaryllis series, and all the things I loved in that series are here in this new standalone. Great characters of course, but not just Linnie and Monty, who are a very human mix of strong and vulnerable, talented and tortured, but amazing secondary characters as well. A slow burn story (there are plenty of sparks between Monty and Linnie from their first meeting), it’s the relationships between all those characters
Teri
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this author with the Freeman's series and can't say enough about her style and skill that was witnessed while enjoying it. In this case the author takes it up a notch and gives us a peak behind close doors without letting it take over and cloud the depth of the story. Linnie has the perfect life and she's happy and secure with it. Her family means everything to her but that changes due to a tragedy that does more than take someone she cherished away, it shakes the very founda ...more
Chantay
Shelves: reviewed
I have read several books written by Tracey Jerald but book definitely pulled on my emotional heart strings. You think you know what will happen but this author’s words has you drawn into an emotional whirlpool. Once you start this story, you are completely committed to it like a binding contract. You can not walk away; it was so good!!! Evangeline “Linny” Brogan’s life as a actress was not all glitzy and glamorous as it seems. When internal family conflicts and secrets are revealed; Linny must ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I am not sure I can sum up how I feel about this book because I loved it so much. This story has so many layers. Linnie finds that all she thought she knew about herself was just an illusion. Those around her were great stage players in hiding their own demons, while she felt the weight on her shoulders to be what everyone needed. When the time comes for her to grab a hold of her own destiny will she be strong enough to walk away if necessary.

Linnie and Monty are destined for a great love but t
Sandra
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, posted-reviews, ku
Tracey Jerald definitely takes us on another emotional roller coaster ride with her newest book, Close Match. Like in the previous series with the Freemans, family is a huge part of Linnie and Monty’s story. The loss and fear of loss that these two go through just gutted me to the core.

Soon after a tragic loss, Linnie is further put through the wringer after secrets are revealed. In her quest to find answers she is put in the path of Monty, a man who is battling demons of his own. Adding on, a
Jessica
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for Tracey Jerald and Close Match!! Tracey has proven herself time and again to be an amazing author. I wasn’t sure what to expect from her after finishing the Amaryllis Series but she certainly doesn’t disappoint. Tracey has a knack for touching on difficult issues. In Close Match, she dives into cancer, PTSD and alcoholism. Tracey always manages to touch on important issues like these and still manage to have family, humor and romance thrown in the mix. Close Match follows Evangelin ...more
CK
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words can’t describe how the book hangover I have! This book is genuine, passionate, thought provoking and nearly brought me to tears at SO many points. As a newbie to Tracey I had NO clue what I was walking into! The stories are intricate and layered- and will keep you hoping for more. It’s real. And it’s believable. It’s not contrived. These are the reasons why I read books. Absolutely stunning job.
Amy
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Tracey’s stories in the Amaryllis Series and she’s given us another fantastic story. Close Match is a beautiful,heartfelt story, that many people can relate too. You will definitely need tissues as you read Linnie and Monty’s journey. They both have demons to deal with. You will be sucked in and go through a roller coaster ride of emotions. This book is everything I expected of this author and more. A 5++ Star Read.
Fleur
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is how slow burn reads should be done, it keeps you captivated, makes you keep turning the page as well as imagining what it will be like when Montague and Evangeline finally act on things. But this isn't just a simple love story, there is pain, loss and tragedy along with hope, opportunity and emotions that draw you in along with characters both main and secondary who you connect with.
Georgette
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tracey takes us behind the scenes in Evangaline's journey to find her place in this world. From the stage to the farm, from secrets to hard truths, her strength, and her weaknesses, they all come to light. Finding herself in a world she didn't know she belonged to makes you believe that everything happens for a reason. Finding your true love, well, that's just the bonus!
Kimhe Rockchicks
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She was the light in his darkness, the soothe to his nightmares, the other half to his soul.

An emotional tearjerker worth anyones time. Have the tissues handy, I was a blubbering mess reading this one.

I am so in love with these characters.

Tracey yet again you have blown me away with your storytelling.
Denise
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Close Match is a beautifully written and emotional read. Tracey Jerald is a master of description in all her books but especially in Close Match. The amount of knowledge and research she did for this book deserves a standing ovation. The characters are well rounded while the storyline flows. You may need a few tissues while reading this story but well worth it.
Melanie Helms
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my godddd. The feels in this book were so good. If you thought she was going to lighten up on that after her Amaryllis series you were wrong and should be prepared! I loved the character's names. Montague and Evangeline ❤ Montague reminds me of Shakespeare 😂 This was a beautiful book i can't wait to have this book on my shelf!
Tiffany
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book has all the feels that will tear you up and put you back together again. There are multiple different/hard subjects that are in the book that people deal with daily. As with all of Tracey’s books have tissues ready when reading.
Sissy Johnson
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, soul searching ride. Linnie's and Monty's story will have you reaching for the tissues time and time again. Tracey Jerald has delivered a fantastic story that will have you believing love can conquer all. Characters were well done and felt like family be the end. Excellent storyline and one that makes you take stock about your own life. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Jerald's works.
Dawn Hurst
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have learned that with this author comes very real very emotional deep reading. Every book she's written I have now read, and done so with ugly tears running down my face. But with those ugly tears I've also laughed and found books with deep content.
Close Match is a book with a heroine that loses so much but also finds new things in her life. Only her new findings are also on the edge of being taken, for different reasons.
In her romantic life the love she's growing just might be too much of a
Lara
Tricia
Oct 12, 2019
Limi
Oct 10, 2019
Please direct all inquiries to my personal email - authortraceyjerald@gmail.com for a faster response

To sign up for her newsletter, go to: smarturl.it/TraceyJerald_News

Tracey Jerald knew she was meant to be a writer when she would re-write the ending of books in her head on her bike when she was a young girl growing up in southern Connecticut. It wasn’t long before she was typing alternate ending